OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. embedding

embedding file [like PDF ]creates on the bottom frame with MS label, page size. embedding code, print, download...
    option to control page default size and 'include' [or do not]for those parts will be very good

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sync Sharepoint files from an external tenant

It looks like OneDrive can't sync files from an external organization when you have access as a guest.

When clicking "Sync" from the external Sharepoint site, a second instance of OneDrive starts up and asks me to sign in (using my corp account), but isn't able to complete the sign-in step.

The external Sharepoint site works without any problem, so cross-tenant communication is not the issue. It's just OneDrive that can't sync files from an external organization.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A add-on with navigation and search bar to share one drive files in e-mail

Ever tried the Dropbox add-on for gmail? I dream about that for OneDrive. That's the last bit that prevent me for dropping... Dropbox.
    I actually could consider using another mail client if I learn this is available outside gmail.
    I share files with clients every day, link sharing, no sign-in. sometimes those files are in different folders.
    This app is very simple, but very efficient. IT shows you the last modified files, so most of the time you just have to click on it, and it add a link in your mail, with the file name, not an lengty http…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. dropbox as a location

be able to link to dropbox files from onedrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Buenos días, Mi marido y yo tenemos dos cuentas. Estamos pensando en abrir una cuenta de Office365 hogar. Estamos prbando a poder sincroniza

Now it is possible to share the folder Pictures, but it would be perfect for families to share this folder as it were one unic folder for both users in the way that all the photos of the family can be sync in the same folder with the automatic charge.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Free OneDrive for Business tier for collaboration

Since there are apparently engineering issues with getting OneDrive and OneDrive for Business to sync files with each other, Microsoft should offer a free OneDrive for Business tier similar to Dropbox's 25MB options (or allow unlimited "Shared with you" storage on a free tier. This way external contractors and collaborators could at least share and locally sync documents with organizations that use OneDrive for Business. Currently the only option is to use a competitor like Dropbox, or Google Drive which is a shame. The profession and consumer versions should really be compatible with each other but until them give us…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive Improvements for use in Law Firms. Accellion already has all these features.

Allow users the ability to view the audit logs for their own shared files.
    Show external users in the View Statistics pane.
    Add more consistent email notifications for downloads, etc.
    Ability to block download on users with Edit rights.
    Ability to set default link expiration for all links by Admin.
    Ability to adjust link expiration by users per link. Default expiration or less.
    Ability to adjust link expiration to anything or remove it for users with those given rights.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Moving photos from "Photos" to "Files"

I love the camera backup. Not only does it secure my photos in case of data loss before I can manually dump the files from my phone onto OneDrive, but it also saves me time because I don't have to plug my phone into the PC, go into the internal storage, cut the files, and then paste into my photos file under the File section of OneDrive. The problem is that there is no way to move the photos from the "Photos" section of OneDrive to the "Files" section of OneDrive. My thought is that it should be a simple…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Shared Link address to be editable, or to revert an old link.

Sharing a folder via link is currently designed by Onedrive to work with the latest generated links only. Lately, I have clicked on the link option for the shared folder and opt "Copy link", as I wanted to copy a link to a document. I was really taken aback when I found out that the purpose of "Copy link" is actually to generate a new link, thus the existing link will automatically be replaced by a new link and unfortunately cannot be reverted back to the earlier link. This has a devastating impact on most of the Users, if we…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Comment document updates

I'd like to comment the updates of a sparticular file which is shared amongst the team.
    This would be essential for such document types, which are not editable (like PDF) or not editable by Office 365 totols

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow shared folders or your own folders to actually appear on your computer and sync when whichever one changes

Having a folder on your computer desktop or wherever you put it as well as the one drive older. Whenever you make any change to your OneDrive folder or your folder in you computer,, the other one will sync automatically. Great for working on other devices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive verification code emails

When sharing files or folders in OneDrive for Business with users who are outside our organization, several users report to us that they do not receive the verification code email after clicking the 'Open' button in the first email they received.

It would be nice if we could either retrieve the verification code for them or at least be able to confirm that the verification email was sent by message trace or audit log entry.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remove geo-location information from photos when sharing

Have an option to remove personal meta data from photos in a folder. This would be useful for privacy when sharing photos with a public link.
    Currently all photos taken from a smartphone will by default include very accurate location information (which is fine for my own private photos) but when sharing them I want to be able to easily remove all that information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Major Security Hole in O365 / OneDrive

THE ISSUE:

We have discovered what represents a Major Security Hole in O365 / OneDrive, where the domain group "Everyone except external users” is being granted Read permissions for new objects and child objects, a default process that can not be altered.

The Steps to produce the scenario are as follows:

1. From a user's OneDrive Go to Site Settings

2. Under Site Administration, click on Site Libraries & Lists

3. Create a new Object (Library, List, App or Sub-site)

Permissions set for newly created objects (and their items) are:
    a. Owner of the site has Full or “Owner” rights
    b. Everyone except

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add domain restrictions only to Onedrive for business in the tenant without affected Sharepoint settings.

Currently, external sharing of OneDrive for Business are addicted to Sharepoint Settings. But we want to set domainblacklist to external sharing of Sharepoint and set domain whitelist to external sharing of OneDrive for Business.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Shared Folders with no edit permission to be moved to My Files.

This feature would allow someone to push out templates or consistent presentations to a group and the group couldn't edit or ***** something up.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. AutoCAD: Merging Changes from multiple users

Currently, we can solve about xref path in OneDrive but we found another problem.

When multiple users open a same file and edit, those changes cannot be merged on the original file. Changes are made to the first user who open it only. This waste time for rework or manually merging the changes.

As the merging function is not available now, there should be notification to show that there is other people using on the same file and show the file as read-only. So, we do not waste time to work on it or can notice those persons to close…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. default share dialog on OD4B doesn't allow entering "everyone except external users"

When you click on share in OD4B, the dialog only allows getting links that work for everyone in the organization. But it doesn't allow you to enter "everyone except external users" when you want to share with everyone in teh company. The problem is that sometimes you want to change the permissions on the document so that everyone in the organization has access to it, but you don't want to send an email. There is currently no way to do that through the default share dialog.

you can do that through the details pane which allows you to enter "everyone…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow "Shared" folders to display in 3rd Party Web App Integrations

In the standard OneDrive web interface you, of course, can see "Shared" files. However, when using the integration provided by 3rd party web apps, "Shared" folders are not visible. See attached files. Not having "Shared" file access is a huge hindrance to collaboration and should be available, especially since "Shared Libraries" are.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base