OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Changing file and folder names when using anonymous links

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    匿名リンク使用時のフォルダーやファイル名の変更について
    Changing file and folder names when using anonymous links

■Description(内容):
    現在匿名リンクで共有された共有先のユーザーはフォルダー名やファイル名の変更が出来ない動作である。
    そのため、匿名リンクを使用したままフォルダーやファイル名の変更ができるよう機能の拡充を要望します。

Currently, users who have files or folders shared with them via anonymous links cannot change the names of those files/folders.
    Please add a way to allow them to do this.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to share via the file path from the sync client

■Title(件名):
    同期クライアントからファイルパスにて共有を行いたい
    I want to share via the file path from the sync client

■Description(内容):
    現時点で同期クライアントにてパスを取得するとローカル パスでの取得となり共有が行えない。
    同期クライアントからファイルパスを取得し共有する機能の実装を希望いたします。

At present, there is no way to get a file path in the sync client and share using that local path.
    Please add a way to get the local path from the sync client and use this to share items.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. OneDrive function, other than checking in/out, to provide exclusive control of file updates

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive にてチェック イン / チェック アウト機能以外でファイルの更新に対する排他的制御を行う機能の拡充
    OneDrive function, other than checking in/out, to provide exclusive control of file updates

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive で共有しているファイルを複数のユーザーに共有し、各ユーザーに対して "編集" 以上の権限を割り当てる環境においての要望です。
    二重の更新を防止するため、一人のユーザーが開いている状態で別のユーザーが開いた場合に読み取り専用ファイルと認識させ、二人目以降のユーザーの Office クライアントに「このファイルは使用中です。」などのメッセージを表示、および当該メッセージには使用中のユーザー名を表示させる制御の実装を希望しています。
    チェック イン / チェック アウト機能で、チェック アウトしているユーザー以外がファイルを編集できないという最低限の制御が可能なことは確認していますが、運用上、都度チェック イン / チェック アウトの操作を行うことが困難なため、チェック イン / チェック アウト以外に、上記動作を可能とする機能の拡充を希望します。

This request is for use in environments where files are shared via OneDrive with multiple users and each user is given editing or higher permissions.
    To prevent double updates, if one user has a file open and another then also opens it, it should be recognized as being read only, and the Office client of…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. dropbox as a location

be able to link to dropbox files from onedrive

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Creating a Unidirectional anonymous syncronization folder

my idea is to have the ability of create a folder in a work computer (non personal or private), linked to an onedrive account, but, nobody can access to another folders of the account, only an unidrectional syncro folder.

Resuming, a folder in a public work pc, conected by onedrive pc software, and you can syncro, upload and download content inside this folder, but you cannot change configurations, or see another folders or archives of the main onedrive account. you can only see your asigned public folder. maybe the email of the main account, and nothing more.

just like a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automatically connect to Favorite Sharepoint Document Libraries

OneDrive client for all platforms should automatically connect to all "favorited" SharePoint libraries or even better allow administrators to handle which libraries to sync via the client from the portal.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it less confusing when opening anonymous links while logged with business account

I have no hope explaining my users why when they create an anonymous sharing link and then try to open it just to make sue it works (while being logged in a browser with their Office 365 business account) it just doesn't work. They then think it is not working in general and then go to use WeTransfer, Dropbox, because OneDrive "doesn't work". I know that anonymous links should be opened with some generic guest user, but it should be handled more gracefully. Lately it become worse as the browser will remember your first try to open such link and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Transfer Ownership

I made a back up of a relative's old laptop and all her files are now in my OneDrive. I shared them with her OneDrive. But, I don't want them in my account anymore. How can I transfer ownership?! Is there already such a feature?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I want a single set of shared folders across the whole company which I can invite users to under specific permissions.

I want a single set of folders relevant to my organisation which I can allow existing or new users to access. As people come in and out of my company I want to be able to fine-grained permissions to people about what they can/cant do with the folders and content.

I DONT want content to be assigned to specific people so that when they leave their content is obliterated. I want content to be assigned and shared to the company, not individuals who may be transient.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow sharing of OneDrive for Business between organizations.

I have a url for a publicly shared OneDrive and need to download the files on a regular schedule. The Folders on the other OneDrive for Business are all in folders that contain zip files and there is no login so I can't join or share it with my OneDrive for Business.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. cloud to cloud

allow the user to drag and drop file in another cloud based store app

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. RMS on OneDrive

Sharing is a very good functionality for private as well as for business use. But it leaves the owner without control what further happen with the shared information. E.g when further shared, dowloade and stored elsewhere etc.

Why not amend the possibility to set IRM protection on OneDrive?
    At least for OneDrive for business (I.e. In a similar way as it already can be done for a SharePoint library.)

Should also reduce consequences of a user mistake.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Consistently accurate naming of Office 365 links to OneDrive for Business

The Office 365 home page and app launcher - to name two examples - include links to OneDrive for Business, but the button says, simply, OneDrive.

My understanding is that OneDrive is a separate product, intended for personal non-corporate use, and calling one by the other's name can mislead, cause confusion, and hinder adoption, amongst other issues.

If agreed, please add the missing words "for Business" in the buttons/shortcuts that point to OneDrive for Business and not to OneDrive throughout Office 365.

There are enough names and name changes in the world of Microsoft, so let's use names accurately and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Comment document updates

I'd like to comment the updates of a sparticular file which is shared amongst the team.
    This would be essential for such document types, which are not editable (like PDF) or not editable by Office 365 totols

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove access to all the subfolders with one click

ParentFolder has tens of subfolders. Every subfolder is shared with a different person. I want to stop sharing the subfolders by clicking something like 'stop sharing the children' in the ParentFolder details pane. Now I have to go to every subfolder's details pane and remove the shared access there manually.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Major Security Hole in O365 / OneDrive

THE ISSUE:

We have discovered what represents a Major Security Hole in O365 / OneDrive, where the domain group "Everyone except external users” is being granted Read permissions for new objects and child objects, a default process that can not be altered.

The Steps to produce the scenario are as follows:

1. From a user's OneDrive Go to Site Settings

2. Under Site Administration, click on Site Libraries & Lists

3. Create a new Object (Library, List, App or Sub-site)

Permissions set for newly created objects (and their items) are:
    a. Owner of the site has Full or “Owner” rights
    b. Everyone except

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sharing Folder with Seciruty groups and get it shown in Shared Path

Please fix issue that doesn't show Share Folder with security Group.
    If I share a folder with security group that folder is not shown in the user account automatically. It works fine only i f i share with specidfci user!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create share link from desktop

When you click on "Share" in Windows, the system opens a browser window to create a share link. That's mad. Why can't it be done natively in Windows?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Acceso a todos tus archivos de la nube desde la PC pero sin descargarlos localmente

Debería haber una opción que permita ver todos los archivos y carpetas de OneDrive en la carpeta de la PC sin necesidad de que estén descargados en la PC, seria algo como un acceso directo, por así decirlo, y que solo se descarguen temporalmente si se requiere abrir el archivo. Seria una forma de trabajar con los discos sólidos de poca capacidad, de esta forma no se mantienen sino en un buffer temporal ciertos archivos consultados en el momento. Actualmente conocemos que existe una única opción que es evitar que se descarguen carpetas o archivos de nuestro OneDrive a la…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. default share dialog on OD4B doesn't allow entering "everyone except external users"

When you click on share in OD4B, the dialog only allows getting links that work for everyone in the organization. But it doesn't allow you to enter "everyone except external users" when you want to share with everyone in teh company. The problem is that sometimes you want to change the permissions on the document so that everyone in the organization has access to it, but you don't want to send an email. There is currently no way to do that through the default share dialog.

you can do that through the details pane which allows you to enter "everyone…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base