OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Major Security Hole in O365 / OneDrive

THE ISSUE:

We have discovered what represents a Major Security Hole in O365 / OneDrive, where the domain group "Everyone except external users” is being granted Read permissions for new objects and child objects, a default process that can not be altered.

The Steps to produce the scenario are as follows:

1. From a user's OneDrive Go to Site Settings

2. Under Site Administration, click on Site Libraries & Lists

3. Create a new Object (Library, List, App or Sub-site)

Permissions set for newly created objects (and their items) are:
    a. Owner of the site has Full or “Owner” rights
    b. Everyone except

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add domain restrictions only to Onedrive for business in the tenant without affected Sharepoint settings.

Currently, external sharing of OneDrive for Business are addicted to Sharepoint Settings. But we want to set domainblacklist to external sharing of Sharepoint and set domain whitelist to external sharing of OneDrive for Business.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow Shared Folders with no edit permission to be moved to My Files.

This feature would allow someone to push out templates or consistent presentations to a group and the group couldn't edit or ***** something up.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. AutoCAD: Merging Changes from multiple users

Currently, we can solve about xref path in OneDrive but we found another problem.

When multiple users open a same file and edit, those changes cannot be merged on the original file. Changes are made to the first user who open it only. This waste time for rework or manually merging the changes.

As the merging function is not available now, there should be notification to show that there is other people using on the same file and show the file as read-only. So, we do not waste time to work on it or can notice those persons to close…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. default share dialog on OD4B doesn't allow entering "everyone except external users"

When you click on share in OD4B, the dialog only allows getting links that work for everyone in the organization. But it doesn't allow you to enter "everyone except external users" when you want to share with everyone in teh company. The problem is that sometimes you want to change the permissions on the document so that everyone in the organization has access to it, but you don't want to send an email. There is currently no way to do that through the default share dialog.

you can do that through the details pane which allows you to enter "everyone…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow "Shared" folders to display in 3rd Party Web App Integrations

In the standard OneDrive web interface you, of course, can see "Shared" files. However, when using the integration provided by 3rd party web apps, "Shared" folders are not visible. See attached files. Not having "Shared" file access is a huge hindrance to collaboration and should be available, especially since "Shared Libraries" are.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Differentiate sharing rights by groupmembership

Within our company we would like to have some users to be able to share documents with people outside the company, but other users should only be able to share internally.

It would be great if this could be assigned by groupmembership. Now this has to be done with scripting and as we all know this has disadvantages when failing.

This is already possible with the regions, why not make this possible within a region and groups.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Acceso a todos tus archivos de la nube desde la PC pero sin descargarlos localmente

Debería haber una opción que permita ver todos los archivos y carpetas de OneDrive en la carpeta de la PC sin necesidad de que estén descargados en la PC, seria algo como un acceso directo, por así decirlo, y que solo se descarguen temporalmente si se requiere abrir el archivo. Seria una forma de trabajar con los discos sólidos de poca capacidad, de esta forma no se mantienen sino en un buffer temporal ciertos archivos consultados en el momento. Actualmente conocemos que existe una única opción que es evitar que se descarguen carpetas o archivos de nuestro OneDrive a la…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create share link from desktop

When you click on "Share" in Windows, the system opens a browser window to create a share link. That's mad. Why can't it be done natively in Windows?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add function to require a code every time a file is accessed via a sharing link from OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business でリンク共有後、アクセスする際に毎回コード入力を求められる機能を要望します。
    Add function to require a code every time a file is accessed via a sharing link from OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    リンク共有を行った際には外部ユーザーはゲスト ユーザーに登録されたるため、初回のみコード要求が行われるが、セキュリティ の観点からリンク共有元から毎回コードを求められるように設定する機能実装を要望します。

When sharing a file using a link, since external users are registered as guest users, they have to enter a code the first time they access it. However, from a security perspective, we would like for the user doing the sharing to be able to set it to require a code every time it is accessed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Integrate OneDrive with outlook

OneDrive needs to be fully integrated into outlook app. Why is it easier to send OneDrive files from Gmail than from outlook. That ain't right.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. External Sharing without an Exchange Account

Enable sharing with external users without requiring having an Exchange account.

I can apparently share a file or folder with an external user, but they must be able to receive email at an Exchange address. When sharing is attempted there is no notice that sharing won't happen unless they have an Exchange account, it just doesn't happen.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve checkin/checkout for OneDrive for Business/Sharepoint scenarios

I have a sharepoint folder that is sync'd to my local machine via OneDrive for Business. In Sharepoint we have set it for version control and checkout required to edit. However, even though these are Office (O365) documents and we're using Windows ... I can't request checkin/checkout from the local instance (either a OneDrive explorer integration menu, or an O365 application menu option) so the only way to check in/out is via the extra set of going to the website
    As these documents are powerpoints with active macros which need both changes to macros and slides on a regular basis,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shared Family Photos

My wife currently shares her photo's folder with me so I have Photos and Photos (1) which as you can imagine, isn't ideal and causes all sorts of headaches.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why is the "Add to my Onedrive" option for shared folders still not available for school or work accounts??

This would be extremely helpful as a graduate student to be able to communicate effectively with my adviser through onedrive. Otherwise I will have to look into google drive or box

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Alerts to authors when anonymous access links are created

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    匿名アクセスリンク作成時の作成者へのアラートについて
    Alerts to authors when anonymous access links are created

■Description(内容):
    ​OneDrive 匿名アクセスリンクにおいて、 [リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー] により
    組織外のユーザーへリンクが共有された場合、作成をトリガーとしてリンク作成をしたユーザーへ、アラートとしてメールにて通知される機能の実装を希望します。

When "Anyone with the link" shares a OneDrive "anonymous access link" with people outside the organization, send an alert email to the user at the time of their creation of such a link.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide option to NOT share specific Office files (xlsm specifically) via VBA on OneDrive business

I have complex, macro-enabled Excel (xlsm) files that work fine on OneDrive for Business as long as the "Use Office application to sync Office files that I open" is NOT checked in the OneDrive settings. The Office sync functionality and ability to work collaboratively is great, but it doesn't work with my (and others as I found while searching for my issue) workbooks. The file has backup and save macros and slows down immensely and throws strange errors for my clients ("High service activity", "File wasn't uploaded because we cannot merge change made by another user" when there is only…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base