OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. On the directory listing, show files that are currently open by another user in RED

highlighting that a file is already open by another user makes the user aware of editing an already open file

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to be able to organise One Drive shared files into own folders without losing shared editing access

I desperately need to be able to organise shared files into my own folders without losing the shared access or editing ability. Currently, with no way of doing this, all I have is an ever expanding list of hundreds of shared files that make it impossible to locate anything. It seems ridiculous that this was not thought of in the design of One Drive. Google Drive does this - why can't One Drive? At least at the moment, my company hasn't taken away our Google Drive access. This is probably going to happen at the end of the year, and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create OneDrive Temporary Photos "Link" Slideshow

Apples IOS implementation is perfect.

Select multiple photos including folders.
    Hit share which creates a temporary link.
    Provide link to third parties.
    Third parties will see a slideshow.

Quick, easy, useful.. Currently OD does not have any elegant way to share multiple images on the fly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Unable to sharing data on OneDrive for Business from a browser on mobile devices

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    モバイル デバイスのブラウザーからの、OneDrive for Business の共有操作が出来ない。

Unable to sharing data on OneDrive for Business from a browser on mobile devices

■Description(内容):
    iPad を除く、iPhone や Android のモバイルデバイスにて、ブラウザーから OneDrive for Business へサインインを行い、データの共有操作をすると、リンクの送信ウィンドウが自動的に終了し、データを共有することができない現象が発生するため、改善してほしい。

When signing in to OneDrive for Business from a browser on a mobile device of iPhone or Android excluding the iPad and performing data sharing operation, the link send window is automatically terminated. This behavior prevents users from sharing data and it needs to be fixed.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. RESPALDO DE CARPETAS UBICADAS EN DIFERENTES DISCOS

Como se debe proceder para respaldar carpetas ubicadas en un disco diferente de donde está instalado OneDrive. ¿Es posible?
    En mi caso lo tengo alojado en el disco D: para no ocupar espacio en el disco C:. PERO cuando deseo respaldar archivos de C: no se como proceder.
    Gracias por la atención

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Comentários

O App e o sistema poderiam permitir comentar tanto arquivos, como pastas da mesma forma com o Dropbox permite.
    É simples e muito prático quando várias pessoas trabalham na mesma pasta ou projeto.
    Sds

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive Personal VS OneDriveBusiness

These two on the same computer is just bad news. Please how can I make it so that pictures from plugged in device go to business OneDrive and not personal, with auto-download of multi-media? Since the pictures are actually business related and not pictures of my family? I phoned support last year and the gist I got is that this is impossible... Is this so or is there a work around?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow a person to belong to more than one onedrive account,

allow a user joe@abc.com to connect to multiple OneDrive accounts. I volunteer at multiple organizations, and each has a OneDrive account for me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. URL links

When I want to post a picture or email text a picture I don't want a proxy URL to OneDrive I want my picture .. not happy with this at all

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Unshare In OneDrive

It would be great to allow selected unshare for users, not just for all users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Autoreply or Sunset Announcement on OneDrive

When an employee leaves a company, oftentimes the employee, manager, or IT department will add an "autoreply" on the person's email box. This will notify anyone sending messages to that mailbox of the situation. With OneDrive, it would be nice to have some similar functionality such as a banner across the top of the page that could be implemented easily by employee, manager or IT staff. Example: "Sorry, so-and-so is no longer with the company, please contact XYZ, and be aware that this OneDrive will be deleted in X days."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow global admins to restrict downloading the OneDrive for Business data

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のデータのダウンロードの制御について

Allow global admins to restrict downloading the OneDrive for Business data

■Description(内容):
    全体管理者が、テナント内のユーザーの OneDrive for Business に保存しているデータのダウンロードを制御する機能を搭載してほしい。

Please implement the feature that allows global admins to restrict downloading data saved in OneDrive for Business of users in their tenant.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Shared File/Folder changes notifications.

Dunno if this one has been posted yet, I see some stuff that's similar, but not really exactly the feature I'm looking for.

In particular, my mom has shared with me details about a planned trip out of the country via one-drive, and I'd like to get a notification if she makes any changes to her plans, so I can keep tabs on what she's up to over there.

And now that I'm thinking about it more, and reading the post below this comment box, it sounds very similar to that... >_<
    XD

I'd like a digest of changes, and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow OneDrive for Business to be able to replace file servers

Allow OneDrive to be configured in a business environment to replace shared drives of files servers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change Options for "Sharing Outside your organization"

Currently the options for sharing files externally ("outside your organization") for ODfB and SPO provide options to
    1) Let only users in selected security groups share with authenticated external users", and
    2)Let only users in selected security groups share with authenticated external users AND using anonymous links".

This security option is basically worthless for our organization because although the security team wants to control who is sharing with "Anyone" using a security group, this setting also restricts users from sharing with authenticated external users. The real security risk is sharing anonymously, not with authenticated users. We want to be able…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Co-Authoring Cross Tenant

Since Co-Authoring is only available within organization, perhaps it would help if it could be enabled cross tenant, and I believe this would come together with the feature to allow syncing shared files cross tenant. However, I do understand that there is a security risk on this, but I have strong trust with you guys that you can do something about it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Transfer shared folder ownership

Hi, Microsoft team.

I have been looking around on how to transfer shared folder ownership from one user to another user. Reason I raised this up because of in situation if one employee left the company then she or he need to surrendered the ownership to the successor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. One Drive auto login issue

One Drive auto login feature is good but once login is failed it becaomes a pain. It keeps on showing signing in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Apply the latest access permission for sharing link at OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online.

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business および SharePoint Online でのデータ共有時の権限について
    Apply the latest access permission for sharing link at OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business および SharePoint Online にて、[すべてのユーザー] および ["OneDrive - テナント名"のユーザー ] のアクセス権限を付与して共有を行う際に、編集権限や [ダウンロードを禁止する] 機能を無効にしてデータを共有していると、それらの機能を制限した共有アクセスリンクを発行しても、制限の無いアクセス権のリンクが有効となり、データの編集やダウンロードが可能となる。
    同一のアイテムを同じユーザーに再共有する場合には、最新で発行された共有アクセスリンクの制限が適用されるようにしてほしい。

We would like to apply the latest setting for restriction of sharing access link when we reshare the same items with same items.

When we share items with granting [Anyone] or [People in “OneDrive – Your organization”] access permission, link with no access limitation is available and we are able to edit or download data at OneDrive…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base