OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow sharing of OneDrive for Business between organizations.

I have a url for a publicly shared OneDrive and need to download the files on a regular schedule. The Folders on the other OneDrive for Business are all in folders that contain zip files and there is no login so I can't join or share it with my OneDrive for Business.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Password Protection For Shared OneDrive objects should extend to Windows File Explorer.

Password Protected Objects in OneDrive should have protection extended to when that object is viewed in Windows File Explorer. Presently, as of 11/14/2019, it is the design of OneDrive to allow Password Protection on Shared folders. As long as the shared & protected object is viewed in a browser then a password prompt secures the object. However, if that object is Added To My OneDrive (aka viewable within Windows 10 File Explorer) then the password prompt goes away while access to the content remains. This is a security flaw in my opinion and not a feature. Microsoft support confirmed that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adding a text editor / code editor

Mew feature request:

Adding a text editor for creating and editing text files will be great.
    This will allow working with source code files such c++, html, javascript, and working with many simple text files used by many apps.

Would be great for collaborating with coworkers.

This feature should be added in web version as well as in desktop and mobile versions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. File Limit Makes OneDrive and SharePoint Worthless

We are currently using Google Drive and DropBox to share files on our devices. We have Office 365, so we thought we would try OneDrive, but the two reasons it will never work are:

1. File/Folder Limits are too low
    2. SharePoint integration

Google Drive is so much easier to setup, you don't have to deal with something complex like SharePoint for something so simple, and you aren't handcuffed by file/folder limitations.

As it currently stands, OneDrive is worse than worthless - we wasted our time even trying it out.

It also seems the sync client is not nearly as…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create list of all files on OneDrive

I have an account with a complex but logical folder structure and thousands of files shared for various purposes, but i cannot find a way to get a list of these files. Ideally i need a list of the files and the direct path to each one.
    I am basically looking for ways to manage the files more efficiently and be able to send filtered lists of the files to colleagues I am sharing with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stop the ability to download - View Only - No Download

Stop the ability to download - View Only - No Download

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display the error message instead of the message “Loading OneDrive accounts” when clicking [Share] button

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business を利用していない場合にも、[共有] ボタンを押すと "OneDrive アカウントを読み込んでいます" と表示される。

Display the error message instead of the message “Loading OneDrive accounts” when clicking [Share] button
    ■Description(内容):
    Office 2016 を利用する際に、OneDrive for Business を利用していないにも関わらず、[ファイル] - [共有] より [サインイン] をクリックした場合に "OneDrive アカウントを読み込んでいます" と表示され続けます。
    本動作はエンドユーザーにとって混乱を招く動作であり、情報が漏洩する不安を与える動作となります。
    実際に OneDrive for Business にアクセスができないとしても、セキュリティが確保されていることが確認できず、ユーザーによってはデータが転送されていると認識してしまい、管理者に問い合わせがあり業務がひっ迫します。
    本機能によって接続ができない場合はエラーがでるように改善、もしくは管理者側で非表示とできる機能の提供を強く要望いたします。

When using Office 2016, if a user clicked [File]-[Share]-[Sign-in], the message “Loading OneDrive accounts” keep displaying on the screen even though the user does not use his/her OneDrive for Business. This behavior might confuse the users and give them anxiety about information leakage.
    Even though there is no capability to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable One drive to sync to private cloud/NAS/File Share

Some techies out there create their own home environments for training and prepping for exams, or just for shiggles and gits. It would be nice to extend the One Drive feature to sync to multiple places without having to allways go to the MS Cloud. Example, I have a file share that I want to keep a bunch of files synced with but want them on the local computer to travel with. Could we not setup a host on the FS and have the OneDrive client be on our laptops. Then whenever we connect to home net or VPN back…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If Guest Contributor can delete the file only added by them to the shared link folder.

If Guest Contributor can delete the file only added by them to the shared link folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow access to shared folders without Microsoft account

This is quite different from existing idea of allowing non Microsoft users to upload to and modify guilds in a shared folders.
    I just want to be able to share folder with someone without Microsoft account.
    So that he/she will not have to create any accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. โปรแกรมขาดความเสถียร และไ่ม่รู้จะปรึกษาวิธีแก้จากที่ไหนค่ะ

เอกสารเก่าและใหม่ชอบสลับโฟลเดอร์ที่เก็บโดยที่ไม่ได้เลือกให้เก็บที่โฟลเดอร์นั้น และเซฟทับกันเอง ใช้excelอยู่ข้อมูลหายต้องลงใหม่เป็นประจำ เดือดร้อนมากๆค่ะ แฮ้งค์ก็บ่อยค่ะ บางทีเก็บไฟล์แล้วไฟล์ไม่เข้ามาในonedriveบ่อยๆค่ะ

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Manager / supervisor

It might be a good idea to have a person that is marked as a manager whom gets notifications when the files are updated. Then he or she can assess the workmanship of work done without calling or to go check if work was done.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Family access to the same onedrive allowing spouse and children to access and use without sharing a login.

Allow all users in a family to access the same 1TB subscription without giving them my personal login/password; all files would belong to the community/family.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OneDrive for Business - summarize info about download after share time expiration

When you working with your bussinnes partner and teams (and you sharing drawings, documents, 3D data, etc.), will be very helpful to know if your partner or partners really downloaded send data (1st overview it in OneDrive, 2nd send summarize email notification).

Example: You are working in team of project with external partner (on your side 5 persons, partner side 7 persons). You working on mechanical machine concept (3D data modeling) and you need to know if responsible person downloaded the data (overview of download matrix: NAME OF PERSON, DOWNLOAD (Yes or No), DATE OF DOWNLOAD, TIME OF DOWNLOAD).
    Then…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. allow revoking access permissions to shared files and folders in bulk.

Today, one can revoke access permission to one shared object at a time. I want to able to revoke access permission to multiple shared objects once in a while.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow us to restrict syncing document libraries per users

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ユーザー単位でドキュメント ライブラリの同期を制限したい
    Allow us to restrict syncing document libraries per users

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online のドキュメント ライブラリの [同期] ボタンを非表示にし、同期を制限したい。
    現在の機能ではサイト単位もしくはドキュメント ライブラリ単位で制限することが可能だが、ユーザー単位での同期の制限ができない。
    ドキュメント ライブラリの同期を、社内で承認したユーザーにのみ許可したいため、ユーザー単位での同期を制限する機能の実装を要望します。

I would like to see the feature to hide [sync] button to restrict syncing document libraries at SharePoint Online. It is able to restrict on each site or library, but not on each user.
    We need to allow only specific users to sync document libraries in our organization, so it would be great if we have the feature to restrict syncing based on users.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Send rather than share

Is like it to be easier to send a document, rather than share it. I don't like that i have to share documents and track who I've shared with

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 18 19 20 22 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories