OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Print to pdf.

Print emails to pdf and save to onedrive from outlook, is missing ... Pls fix

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let me open documents in the source application instead of online application.

Documents that always open in the online application are frustrating, especially if it is a Word template that I simply want to use, not edit. Online does not allow me to just use it, it actually opens the template in editing mode. NOT GOOD.
    Allow me to decide how I want documents to open; online app or source app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sync an entire site collection

On local SharePoint, I was able to use Windows Explorer to sync files very easily by drag and drop. We have just switched to SharePoint Online and there is no way to do this without syncing and mapping every single drive, and I have HUNDREDS. Why would you take away that functionality?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. the onedrive web and mobile navigation tree should be the same as googledrive

the onedrive web and mobile navigation tree should be the same as googledrive

should be the same as Windows Explorer

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have trouble renaming local versions of shared Onedrive data. Would be nice to be able to rename locally to organize.

Have trouble renaming local versions of shared Onedrive data. Would be nice to be able to rename locally to organize. We "Add to my one drive" and sync all our local version to the office Onedrive cloud. Can't retitle the local versions without messing with the sync.

Also, seems that Onedrive is not compatible with syncing some titles and it is hard to determine what is wrong with this title: IMG_4453.CR2

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to email and text people when sharing files

Was thinking it be great to have the ability to not just email shared content with participants, but also to text them. I am using remind and constant contact. My open rate on texting people vs emailing people to respond on shared files is so much higher. I think people respond best to text than email.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Unable to sharing data on OneDrive for Business from a browser on mobile devices

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    モバイル デバイスのブラウザーからの、OneDrive for Business の共有操作が出来ない。

Unable to sharing data on OneDrive for Business from a browser on mobile devices

■Description(内容):
    iPad を除く、iPhone や Android のモバイルデバイスにて、ブラウザーから OneDrive for Business へサインインを行い、データの共有操作をすると、リンクの送信ウィンドウが自動的に終了し、データを共有することができない現象が発生するため、改善してほしい。

When signing in to OneDrive for Business from a browser on a mobile device of iPhone or Android excluding the iPad and performing data sharing operation, the link send window is automatically terminated. This behavior prevents users from sharing data and it needs to be fixed.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Apply the latest access permission for sharing link at OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business および SharePoint Online でのデータ共有時の権限について
    Apply the latest access permission for sharing link at OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business および SharePoint Online にて、[すべてのユーザー] および ["OneDrive - テナント名"のユーザー ] のアクセス権限を付与して共有を行う際に、編集権限や [ダウンロードを禁止する] 機能を無効にしてデータを共有していると、それらの機能を制限した共有アクセスリンクを発行しても、制限の無いアクセス権のリンクが有効となり、データの編集やダウンロードが可能となる。
    同一のアイテムを同じユーザーに再共有する場合には、最新で発行された共有アクセスリンクの制限が適用されるようにしてほしい。

We would like to apply the latest setting for restriction of sharing access link when we reshare the same items with same items.

When we share items with granting [Anyone] or [People in “OneDrive – Your organization”] access permission, link with no access limitation is available and we are able to edit or download data at OneDrive…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Comentários

O App e o sistema poderiam permitir comentar tanto arquivos, como pastas da mesma forma com o Dropbox permite.
    É simples e muito prático quando várias pessoas trabalham na mesma pasta ou projeto.
    Sds

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Calendário

Pesquisar e mostrar, em formato de calendário, os arquivos alterados e seus históricos, como uma opção de pesquisa e localização de arquivos.

Tipo, clica num calendário e data, e aparece a lista de arquivos modificados ou carregados para o drive naquele dia.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display in a table the email, date invite sent, access (r/w), and if user has accessed for ALL users... my list tops displays only 20

I love love love OneDrive- great work. Sharing is easy. But MANAGING the shared documents/notebooks etc. is a total fiasco. There is no tabular method to review and manage ALL of the emails. My sharing list tops out at about 20 people. Neither of the two options below allow me to see the name or email, the DATE SENT, if the person has used the link and I don't see any place to see everybody in a single table. I am sharing with about 80 people total as View and 6 Edit.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Transfer shared folder ownership

Hi, Microsoft team.

I have been looking around on how to transfer shared folder ownership from one user to another user. Reason I raised this up because of in situation if one employee left the company then she or he need to surrendered the ownership to the successor.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Newest-first shared album display

I've shared an album using a published link, but been advised that it's not possible to change the photo display order from oldest-first. This means that repeat visitors will need to scroll to the end every time to check for newly-posted items. Can the 'newest first' sort order be applied to an album?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show users that have been privided a share - When clicking on "Properties" of a Folder

Users need to be able to see which people have been granted a share on specific folders

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Share to Youtube account

Why isn't YouTube an available partner to share video files with? YouTube has a rich API that can be integrated with.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Manager / supervisor

It might be a good idea to have a person that is marked as a manager whom gets notifications when the files are updated. Then he or she can assess the workmanship of work done without calling or to go check if work was done.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Does not work on blackberry 10 anymore

It was the only cloud drive that worked on blackberry 10 devices until 2019 now it doesn't work

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base