OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. you cannot sync files with an SPACE at beginning or the end? hows Dropbox doing it?

So if i put a 2000 files in a folder and 250 files have a space at beginning or end, ive to start correcting all of it???

Again! Go and learn from Dropbox

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don’t know which files are the most recent versions when syncing fails on OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business で同期の失敗時にどこにあるファイルが最新かがわからない
    Don’t know which files are the most recent versions when syncing fails on OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business で同期が失敗した際に、該当のファイルが他の場所で更新されているかなど、現在の状態が不明なため、共同作業に支障が出てしまう。
    同期が失敗したファイルのステータスに、他の場所での変更の有無や、編集履歴、編集中のユーザーの表示など、ファイルの現在の状況が確認できるような機能の追加を要望します。

If there is a failure when syncing on OneDrive for Business, it’s not clear if a file has been updated to match one held elsewhere or not, which interferes with collaboration efforts.
    Please make it possible to check the current status of files, such as if it has been synced with another version, its edit history, which users are currently editing it, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Many people must use the POP version of Windows Live Mail for their emails. Mioft needs to develop procedures to facilitate migration.

Many people must use the POP version of Windows Live Mail for their emails. Misoft needs to develop procedures to facilitate migration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 'Shared by Me' - add column to identify who the file is shared to / export feature

OneDrive for Business: we need to see who files are shared with without having to select each individual file and click into Manage...
    Suggestions: Add a column to the view; include an export feature to view file access rights en masse (we have a ton of shared files and have urgent needs to removed shared file access to employees who have left the organization but retain Office 365 rights)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Share option for "people in the company" to open with office desktop (or apply site collection feature "Open Documents in Client Application

An option to tick (or default option in the admin section) to setup link to allow the direct opening with office desktop when you share a document could be interesting or to use the setting embeded in the site library from where it come (Open Documents in Client Applications by Default in the site collection feature)
    Currenctly, if the site collection feature "Open Documents in Client Applications by Default" is activated, the sharing option is not the same and it confuse some users. If they go on the website, it open with word desktop, if they use the sharing like,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Subscribe on Photo Albums, notify subscribers on new photos, videos

I want to share an Album (not a folder!) with my daughters, where I put short videos from there sport trainings, so they could view and analyze them.

I want they be notified (in application) each time I add an item (video) to that Album.

And yes, I want new videos be on top, not the bottom of the album.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Size of PDF generated by OneDrive app's picture function

OneDrive アプリの写真で生成される PDF のサイズについて
    Size of PDF generated by OneDrive app's picture function

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリの写真機能で生成される PDF のサイズが写真 1 枚でも 1 MB 前後のサイズになる。
    OneDrive for Business の容量が圧迫され、アップロードにも時間や通信量がかかるため、生成される PDF のサイズの軽量化を要望します。
    Just one PDF file generated by OneDrive app's picture function becomes around 1 MB in size.
    This unnecessarily takes up space in OneDrive for Business and much time and traffic for uploading. Please reduce the size of a PDF generated this way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Share securely with an authenticated user. (OneDrive "Premium" with Office 365 Home)

Share securely with an authenticated user. (OneDrive "Premium" with Office 365 Home)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Même ce service nest pas convivial !

Même ce service nest pas convivial !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Multi user document editing.

Just google drive - allow multiple users to be in the doc at once and when using locally.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable recipients to allow sharing of files

When sharing files with specific users, allow those users to share the file with others (similar to sharing option for PowerBI Dashboards).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 共有オプションをかけたファイルがweb上のみ閲覧・編集可能といった制限を無くしてほしいです。共有かけたファイルはデスクトップ上のOneDriveファイル(ローカル)に自動ダウンロードされそこから閲覧・編集可能にしてほしい。

1.共有したファイルはwebとローカルでの閲覧・編集を可能にしてほしい。
    →共有してもらってもわざわざOneDriveのWebアプリを開いて閲覧・編集といった手順を取ると時間がかかり過ぎるのと、手順が多くて面倒になる。
    2.上記の事から共有かけたファイルはPCがオンラインにつながった時、ファイルの自動ダウンロードを可能にしてほしい。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow us to hide shared items stored in SharePoint at [Shared with me] view

■Title(件名):
    [自分と共有] ビューに SharePoint 上のアイテムを表示させないようにする機能を追加してほしい。
    Allow us to hide shared items stored in SharePoint at [Shared with me] view

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の [自分と共有] ビューに SharePoint Online 上で共有されたアイテムも表示されるようになったが、誤って削除されるのを防ぐために、表示させないようにする 機能を追加してほしい。

At [Shared with me] view of OneDrive for Business, I would like to see the feature to hide shared items which are stored in SharePoint Online to prevent users deleting those items in mistake.

Thank you for your consideration

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. space on one drive

for people who have purchases multiple office platforms, we should get 5 gb with each purchase. for instance,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Password Protection For Shared OneDrive objects should extend to Windows File Explorer.

Password Protected Objects in OneDrive should have protection extended to when that object is viewed in Windows File Explorer. Presently, as of 11/14/2019, it is the design of OneDrive to allow Password Protection on Shared folders. As long as the shared & protected object is viewed in a browser then a password prompt secures the object. However, if that object is Added To My OneDrive (aka viewable within Windows 10 File Explorer) then the password prompt goes away while access to the content remains. This is a security flaw in my opinion and not a feature. Microsoft support confirmed that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like all my devices to sync with OneDrive because they don't if I enter files on my file Explorer on one bride they do not show up o

I don't have an Idea but it sure would be nice if all my devices sync after I put information on one device through the File Explorer One Drive folder. When I first started to use One Drive it worked but your changed something and I cannot get my files to sink. Yesturday I added Photo's to my laptop but they are not on my desk top or other devices today.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)