OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow branding and customization of emails that notify user when a shared link is clicked.

When a user receives an email that a shared link has been accessed, there is no branding on the email so it appears to be a phishing scam. Would like to add branding to these notifications.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. order photo prints directly from photos

once there was the wonderfully convenient feature of ordering photo prints directly from Onedrive? Where has it gone? Like so many other things, Microsoft gets rid of features without promoting them and doesn't give users time to even know they exist or figure out how to use them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Onedrive backup notification for admin

Notification list in the admin page or email to the user/admin when OneDrive does not sync more than a certain date.

as admin, I would like to make sure that all the user OneDrive is sync

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. onedrive should acccess on all my platforms eg Mac tab, Android mobiles, Windows Pcs & Laptops This is not my alone problem its universal B

onedrive should acccess on all my platforms eg Mac tab, Android mobiles, Windows Pcs & Laptops

This is not my alone problem its universal
    Be broad minded

Even though I paid Rs 4954.82 for MS Office my **** new Lenovo IdeaPad Locked its not opening
    Windows installation done by dealer at US but aftet arrival at India I purchased MS Office for my Onedrive udage. Purchase proof attached Now Laptop also locked. No service from your side no one contacted till now. Chatbot is unable to answer my problem Bebroadminded and do the business

"See the quote above "While we…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 共有オプションをかけたファイルがweb上のみ閲覧・編集可能といった制限を無くしてほしいです。共有かけたファイルはデスクトップ上のOneDriveファイル(ローカル)に自動ダウンロードされそこから閲覧・編集可能にしてほしい。

1.共有したファイルはwebとローカルでの閲覧・編集を可能にしてほしい。
    →共有してもらってもわざわざOneDriveのWebアプリを開いて閲覧・編集といった手順を取ると時間がかかり過ぎるのと、手順が多くて面倒になる。
    2.上記の事から共有かけたファイルはPCがオンラインにつながった時、ファイルの自動ダウンロードを可能にしてほしい。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Determine Download

Ok.. I shared a link on a file or folder in my personal onedrive. I would like the ability to determine if the person or persons I shared the link with has downloaded the file or folder so I can remove the link.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. About the ability to manage network bandwidth when using OneDrive for Business from browsers

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ブラウザーから OneDrive for Business を使用する際の通信帯域を管理する機能について
    About the ability to manage network bandwidth when using OneDrive for Business from browsers

■Description(内容):
    現在 Office 365 では SharePoint Online と OneDrive for Business のエンドポイントが同じため、SharePoint Online の通信を優先的に使用したり、OneDrive for Business の通信を指定して通信帯域を制限することができない。
    Office 365 を使用する際の通信を圧迫しないよう SharePoint Online と OneDrive for Business で、通信帯域を管理する機能を提供してほしい。
    Currently, since endpoints for both SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business are the same, I cannot give preference to SharePoint Online communications or set limits on the bandwidth available for OneDrive for Business to use.
    Therefore, I would like you to add an ability to manage the network bandwidth for…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow view-only users to see changes in real time?

A little background:

We have shared out an Excel file. It is a simple log of parts that are received. This is filled out daily and shared with the Service Department.

We shared the file to five people. Three people have editing capabilities, though that is just in case the main person(s) is not here. Only one person modifies the file on a regular basis. I used the "Anyone with the link" option. The other two people were set up with "Allow editing" unselected. In both cases, the "Send" option was used.

What we are running into is that the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sometimes I send one file but the person has access to the whole folder and maybe more! I suggest a way to shut down that text.

See the above. I sent a single file and the person had access to the entire folder! Give me a choice of only one file or more when sending using my texting on my Android phone.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Push notifications on posts and post replies on shared documents

As a teacher, I would like to have push notifications (iPhone)activated so that when a student sends or replies to a post I’ve sent on a shared word document, I am notified. Does something like this exist already, that perhaps I’m unaware of?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Disable or rename option that shares with anyone in the organization that has the link

Please add the ability to disable the option for people to share with "People in <organization name> with the link". This option is commonly misunderstood, and people can accidentally end up sharing documents with unintended people. For example, a document is shared with this setting, and people think only people with the link will see it, but in locations that use the Graph API to expose what documents are accessible to others, these same documents will be surfaced, which is misleading as they don't have the link but can access the document.

This should be a tenant level configuration, similar…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. About configuring among sync clients for SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and OneDrive

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):

SharePoint Online、OneDrive for Business、OneDrive 同期クライアントの相互同期について

About configuring among sync clients for SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and OneDrive

■Description(内容):

​現在 SharePoint Online、OneDrive for Business、OneDrive 同期クライアント間での相互同期を行う機能がありません。

各サービス間のファイル管理を円滑に行えるよう、機能の実装を希望します。​

There is no function to synchronize between different clients for SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and OneDrive.

I hope such a functionality to be added so that we can easily manage files between all the above three services.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. onedrive for android tv please

please, suport for android tv

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop OneDrive from Syncing Certain Local Folders

I need to stop certain folders on my computer from syncing to OneDrive and remain only locally on my computer.

The Problem: OneDrive automatically syncs all files/folders saved in "My Documents," which has been working fine for me so far on the "Free" (5 GB Max) version because I only save word documents/excel sheets for work in "My Documents" and save larger files in folders on my computer that are not tied to OneDrive. However, some applications default to saving their enormous program folders in "My Documents" and I've recently run into this issue. Now OneDrive is completely full trying…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Read Receipts when Sharing with Multiple Users

Currently sharing a folder with multiple user's does not send out read receipts from each user.

The only work around we could find was to create a link with edit rights, share it with a single user, and then change the link to read only. Then repeat for every user we want to share the file with.

If we create a read only link and then share it individually it consolidates all shares into one link which does not send us a read receipt.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add copy link button to windows explorer

Would be a time saver to be able to copy the online folder link from windows explorer

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base