OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Sync OneDrive Photo Album and Windows Photos App tags / people recognition

Windows 10 Photos App is great!
    I would need the information / tags / people recognition synced to OneDrive - so the information is not local only and can be shared with other PCs / people as well (and be backed up in cloud)

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase file size limit to allow easier migration from third parties like Box

We see many customers struggling to migrate from 3rd party services such as Box to OneDrive due to limitations in file size limits in OneDrive.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. OneDrive for Business - Implement shared folder syncing to desktop client

We need the ability to sync folders that have been shared by another Onedrive for a Business user with the desktop client. You just rolled this out for personal OneDrive, but it seems like it's more important for Onedrive for Business

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable sharing items from OneDrive for Business on the web by running PowerShell cmdlet

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    PowerShell コマンドレットを使用して共有ができるようにして欲しい

Enable sharing items from OneDrive for Business on the web by running PowerShell cmdlet

■Description(内容):
    WEB の OneDrive for Business から共有を実施するのは手間がかかるため、PowerShell で一括で共有や共有の解除、共有状態の変更ができるようにして欲しい

As it takes time and effort to share items from OneDrive for Business on the web, for improvement of usability and manageability, allow share/stop sharing/change sharing status in bulk by running PowerShell cmdlet.

Thank you for your consideration.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. About the number of items displayed on the “Shared with me” page in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の [あなたと共有] のページの表示アイテム数について
    About the number of items displayed on the “Shared with me” page in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の [あなたと共有] のページにおいて、モダン UI の場合表示されるアイテムが 500 件までとなっております。
    500 件以上の共有されているアイテムがある場合、総数の確認ができないため、500 件以上のアイテムの一覧での表示ならびに全選択が出来るよう機能の拡充を希望いたします。

In the modern UI, up to 500 items can be shown on the “Shared with me” page on OneDrive for Business.
    If there are more than 500 items shared, it is not possible to check the total number, so please make it possible to view more than 500 items in the list, and to select all the items.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable the display of files I have shared within the OneDrive sync app

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期アプリにて共有したファイルを表示できるようにしたい。
    Enable the display of files I have shared within the OneDrive sync app

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 同期アプリで、共有したファイルを表示させたい場合、共有用のフォルダを作り、フォルダー毎に同期の設定が必要であり手間である。
    通常利用するOneDrive のフォルダーにて共有したファイルも表示できる機能の拡充を希望します。

In the OneDrive sync app, if you want to see files you have shared, you need to create a folder specially for sharing and set the sync settings for each folder, which takes a lot of work.
    Please add a way to see files which are shared within regular OneDrive folders.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive for Business External Sharing permission set to "Anyone"

Please allow to set OneDrive for Business External Sharing to "Anyone" without changing SharePoint External Sharing permission.

Currently, we cannot change OneDrive for Business External Sharing permission to "Anyone" if SharePoint External Sharing permission is set not to share with External organization.

We want to enable this feature so we can set Expiration Date and Password when sharing files to Anyone thru OneDrive for Business.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Restore items deleted from the “Shared with me” list in OneDrive

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive の [自分と共有] リストで削除した表示を復元したい
    Restore items deleted from the “Shared with me” list in OneDrive

■Description(内容):
    自分に共有されたアイテムは [自分と共有] リストに一覧として表示されるが、誤って一覧から削除した場合に復元する機能がありません。
    アクセス権限はそのままのため、アイテム自体には直接 URL を入力するなどの方法でアクセスできるが、一覧に表示されないと操作上で工数が増えるため、[自分と共有] リストから削除した場合でも復元する機能の拡充を希望します。

Items which other users have shared with you are shown as a list in “Shared with me”, but if you should delete an item by mistake, there is no way to restore it.
    Since the access permissions are still as they were, it is possible to directly access the item by entering the URL etc., but since this constitutes extra work due to the item not appearing in the Shared with Me list,…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow us to restrict sharing both external users and internal users

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の共有を制限する機能を追加してほしい。
    Allow us to restrict sharing both external users and internal users

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上の共有を外部共有だけでなく内部共有もできないように共有自体を制限する機能を追加してほしい。

I would like to see the feature to restrict sharing not only with external users, but also with same organization users.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Privacy settings when creating a site from "Create shared library" in OneDrive for Business

OneDrive for Business の [共有ライブラリの作成] からサイトを作成する際のプライバシーの設定について
    Privacy settings when creating a site from "Create shared library" in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の [共有ライブラリの作成] から Microsoft 365 グループに接続したサイトを作成する際の "プライバシーの設定" にて、テナントの管理者権限を持つユーザーは [パブリック] および [プライベート] を選択可能とし、管理者以外のユーザーは [プライベート] のみ選択可能としたい。
    ユーザーに自由にパブリックのサイトを作成させないように制限したいため、該当の機能の実装を要望します。

When creating a site connected to a Microsoft 365 group from [Create shared library] in OneDrive for Business, I'd like users with tenant administrator privileges to be able to select [Public] and [Private] in "Privacy settings" while non-administrators only to select [Private].
    Please make this possible so we can restrict users from freely creating public sites.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. FTP Access

Implement FTP access to OneDrive to allow upload from on-premises devices like backups, home ip-cameras etc.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Restricting download of videos

■Title(件名):
    動画のダウンロードの禁止について
    Restricting download of videos

■Description(内容):
    外部のユーザーに動画を共有する場合に、動画のダウンロードを制限する機能の追加を希望します。
    OneDrive から外部のユーザーに共有する場合、画像ファイルなどはダウンロードを制御できますが、動画については制御が出来ません。
    動画を共有するにあたってダウンロードまで行えてしまう動作が運用上望ましくないため、禁止できるような設定を行いたいです。

Please add a function to restrict the download of videos when sharing videos with external users.
    If you share items with external users from OneDrive, it is possible to prevent the download of image files etc. but not video files.
    We want to avoid issues where external users can download shared videos, so please add a way to prevent this from happening.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stop sharing multiple shared files and folders with one or a just few clicks.

I want to be able to stop sharing multiple documents with one or just a few clicks. I have shared 96 files and folders and want to stop sharing all without having to go into every single sharing.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OneDrive Sync to Support Sharepoint Document Management features

In order for Document Libraries synced from SharePoint to be available for Local Edit, effectively all SharePoint Document Management Library features must be switched off. The ODfB sync client should fully support the Content Approval, Check In/Out, Draft Item Security, Required Columns, Custom Views and Limited Lockdown Permissions features in SharePoint. It currently supports none of these and will make synced documents Read-Only if any of the above settings are used.

ODfB must support all of these features if it is to be described/considered as a compatible Sync solution.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When sharing in the OneDrive sync client, make it possible to search for users using 2-byte characters

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントでの共有時に、2 バイト文字で共有先ユーザー検索ができるようにしてほしい
    When sharing in the OneDrive sync client, make it possible to search for users using 2-byte characters

■Description(内容):
    現時点の動作として、ブラウザーで OneDrive for Business にアクセスした場合は、ファイルおよびフォルダーの共有時に 2 バイト文字で共有先ユーザー検索を行うことが可能である。
    しかし、OneDrive 同期クライアントでは、ブラウザー版 OneDrive for Business のように 2 バイト文字で共有先ユーザー検索を行うことができず、ユーザーのアドレスを指定する必要がある。
    OneDrive 同期クライアントの利用者が多く、この動作では不便であるため、OneDrive 同期クライアントの共有時にも 2 バイト文字で共有先ユーザー検索が行えるよう、機能の拡充を希望します。

Under the present behavior, if you are accessing OneDrive for Business via a browser, when you share a file or folder, it is not possible to search for users to share with by using 2-byte characters.
    In the OneDrive sync client, just like in the browser version it is not possible to search for users…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change 'ownership' of a OneDrive folder in Office365 Home

I have created a file folder structure for someone else in OneDrive and want to give them ownership of it - but am unable to do so as that is evidently 'not an option' yet I could do that if I was using Google Drive. I am using Office365 Home - seems like this should be a no brainer but have been unable to locate any information re this topic unless I'm an Office Business user, which I'm not. Please allow folder owner transfer in Office365 home.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Excel links to local drive when opening SharePoint synced file with OneDrive

When linking an Excel file opening the synced one with OneDrive of a SharePoint online site library, the link is created to the file location in the local drive of the user instead of to the address in SharePoint.

This makes the links don't work for other users opening that file.

If you open the file to link directly from the SharePoint site library it is correctly created.

For SharePoint sites synchronized with OneDrive the links should be created to SharePoint, otherwise this is a limitation for collaborating with SharePoint Online files between users using OneDrive Sync.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Be able to sync multiple OneDrives into one joint account

I have multiple one drive accounts associated with different email accounts, and I would like to be able to sync them so everything is in one place.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. No error message showing that the uploaded file in OneDrive is corrupted.

When we tried to download the uploaded files in OneDrive and used the File Compare, we found out that the files from OneDrive are corrupted. There is no error message or sign that they are corrupted. It is more better to have an error message or warning that the uploaded file is corrupted than downloading it before realizing that it has a problem.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Synchronization of files "shared with me" in One Drive Windows explorer

It would be really useful to access the files that are shared with me directly from Windows explorer instead of accessing them only in the internet browser.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base