OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. OneDrive should generate a share-link while a file is still syncing.

We work with media files which can be larger than most common files.

A user has to wait for the file to sync before a share-link can be built. This totally breaks the stream of thought for a workflow.

Dropbox always allowed the link generation immediately.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We NEED to see the total number of files/sub-folders within a folder! Windows File Explorer has it and I use it constantly!

We NEED to see the total number of files/sub-folders within a folder! Windows File Explorer has it and I use it constantly!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. OneDrive is not compatible with Office365 if Sharepoint not hosted at Microsoft and latest version

OneDrive is not copatible with Office365 when the Sharepoint is not latests version and not hosted at Microsoft.
    This is critical for a decision to pass to Office 365, or to abbandon OneDrive/SharePoint

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'd like to protect some folders and files from unintentional delet or modifications and therefore make them modifiable only from one PC,

Hi, I'd like to protect my files from unintentional deletions, modifications…so having only one main device able to edit, while the others are only to view, but not edit. This can easily happen if you use onedrive at home with multiple devices handled by kids… I believe also for business it would be useful thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have a folder that cannot be shared to one drive. Allow me the choice to not sync it. Does not have to be. So stop with forcing be issu

Should be option to not share and one drive should be happy and not be in face because it can't.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Donner la possibilité de connaître le nombre de consultations d'un document publié dans la version Personnelle

Bonjour, Il est possible de connaître le nombre de consultations enregistré pour un document publié pour OneDrive Professionnel.
    Pour OneDrive Personnel, ce n'est pas possible. Cette possibilité serait très intéressante pour la publication de documents sur OneDrive Personnel, notamment lorsque des personnes publient sur leur compte personnel, des documentations diverses au titre de petites associations à but non lucratif (en France appelée association Loi 1901). Ce serait vraiment formidable d'ouvrir cette possibilité. Merci par avance pour l'enregistrement de cette proposition. Cordialement
    JCD

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to toggle accounts

For those of us that have multiple accounts, you give an option to toggle and stay logged into multiple accounts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Block OneDrive links from unknown users or users outside of your organization.

Block links from unknown users or users outside of your organization. Or turn them off altogether. We are receiving emails from outside of our organization that are coming from "no-reply@sharepointonline.com" with a spoofed UPN using our domain. All of these are phishing attempts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please provide an option to "HIDE & LOCK" a folder or a file individually.

Provide options for Locking an individual file or a folder. Also please provide an option for Hiding an individual folder or a file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. save to more than one personal one drive account on a PC ect

save to more than one personal one drive account on a PC ect

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow an option to Open OneDrive files on demand without a sync to the local computer.

We are a Healthcare company and would like the option to turn off file syncing for any computer for OneDrive for Business and allow for opening files on demand. If we had the option then the OneDrive would allow logging into it on a Windows device and make the files available to access but not stored there.
    We are responsible for HIPAA violations and want to use our best practices whenever we can to protect PHI and PPI even further by blocking the sync to a local computer.

The option may not be for everyone but think that if it…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow soe users to share outside organization while restricting others.

Allow some users to share with external users while restricting most to internal (organizational tenant) users. Our other file sharing options, including Box, Dropbox and GD allow us to do that, what cant OneDrive?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. OneDrive网站

能不能在中国境内建一个OneDrive网站,现在连OneDrive网站还需要挂VPN,需要另花费。

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. quicklink

bring back Quicklinks for OneDrive ... MS, stop taking away features that everyone uses

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. how about install music on photo slideshow of microsoft onedrive?

music on photo slideshow of microsoft onedrive

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. schedule for specific files monthly for example

There Are Files I don´t sync every moment, maybe I need sync a large file weekly. The Internet connection or time is spent if it is synchronized for each modification, but it may be necessary to do it on a regular basis, weekly or monthly, for example.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Multiple Passwords for an Anonymous Access Link

Please make it possible to add multiple passwords to an anonymous access link for a file. I need to share the sample file with hundreds of users, but these users should only be able to access with passwords unique to them so I can deactivate a specific link and password when needed.

This is a major need for my scenario where I will potentially have a large number of unknown users using the same link. The lack of this feature will require that your customers duplicate files repeatedly in OneDrive/OneDrive for Business accounts, which makes sharing frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Shared files that can't be deleted: an interesting challenge to make the Word user experience easier

Some time ago, Word files were shared with me by friends and other contacts, via email. Years later, when using Word and looking more closely at the "Shared with me" tab, I begin to notice that these files still appear in my account. But they don't exist physically anymore. They are not on my computer, which has been swapped over time; cannot be accessed, because there is no more information, in my account or on my computer, that allows you to open these files; cannot be moved and much less deleted. They're just over there. The detail is that I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base