OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve sharing and collaboration in OneDrive across all experiences??

Create a copy of shared file to own Onedrive for Business

It should be easy to create a copy of a shared file to own OneDrive for Business.

For example: teacher creates a Word file and shares it to students. At the moment it is difficult for students to copy the Word file to own OneDrive for Business

265 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Danielle Vogel Olson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As the Microsoft Learning Consultant for Houston, I often get the question about the ability to force students to make a copy of a shared document because it is a feature of Google Drive which many of the teachers I work with are using. Having this feature in OneDrive for Business would be especially helpful when working with teachers/students whose schools are using Chromebooks.

• Axel Spallek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use Siemens TIA-Portal. Each project (100-200) has several dozend or hundreds of files. There are 5 PC on which TIA is used. It woult be great to be able to sync these projects between the PCs since every employee has a 1TB Ondedrive. At the moment we Zip the Project and send it by Mail if someone else needs it. We are aware, that working simultaneously on a Project would cause issues with a shared Onedrive folder. But that feature is not needed.

• Rebecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive Personal has the "Add To My OneDrive" option for files/folders but no comparable feature is in OneDrive For Business. This would be a great addition, and also improve third party tool integration that can't navigate passed the "My Files" in OneDrive.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is annoyingly difficult for my business too.
        We work with remote shared images of sites and the easiest way to share 30-100 images is upload to onedrive and share the folder.
        The problem is we cannot centralize the files to the main business drive without laboriously selecting to download each image to the office PC then re-syncing it back to our onedrive.
        This sucks and makes our workload even greater than it needs to be!

• Jérôme lambert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not only for Office document, this should work with folder too. When teacher change grade and they want to share folder but don't want one to modify the original.

Feedback and Knowledge Base