OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve sharing and collaboration in OneDrive across all experiences??

Allow a Guest Link for a video to play in the browser

When I share a video from OneDrive for Business using a guest link, I want viewers to be able to play the video in the browser.
Currently, they have to download the video before playing it.

240 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Darrell Webster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • KathyV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - in our school we share videos with families and on a computer, it requires them to download the video. However, when using a smart phone the link will play without a download. Would love to see the video links in OneDrive play directly without a download on all computers. Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use Onedrive for Business to share one on one webinar's to each client. Currently it requires the document to be downloaded. Would love to have it streamed directly in the browser.

I think it would be nice if could stream video just by link, without the need to invite people anymore.

I find I have to share 'business' video using my own personal OneDrive, as this does have the streaming functionality.

Hello - I agree wholeheartedly with this. I need to be able to embed "streamable" audio (MP3s) and, in some cases, video on my Wordpress site. I do not want folks to have to do download the content first. The idea is to allow the native media player to appear in a post. This is possible (with some tweaking of the link) with Dropbox, for example. Cheers!

Feedback and Knowledge Base