OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve sharing and collaboration in OneDrive across all experiences??

Customize file sharing email notifications

Allow custom branding of sharing email notifications

169 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Margaret shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gerry Van Steerteghem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update when this would be available ? Currently we are under attack of a bunch fake sharing messages pretending they come from a colleague. With the custom branding it would be way easier for the users to filter out fake messages.

• Niv Dolgin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must. But the comment about the Azure AD Company Branding branding is not accurate; this doesn't work to include logos in sharing emails from sharepoint or onedrive.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever any file or, folder gets shared from user@domain to ******************************* , there should be a way to include the One Global admin email id on that email by default or, there should be some way to capture that email logs.

So that if the recipient missed that email also the user/admin can re-send an new email to the same recipient.

• Per Rydell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I consider branding a soft security feature, because phishing attacks require more effort (i.e. targeted attack) compared to a generic attacks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have with all the scam emails out there, we need to be able to brand and preface these emails to our clients. There is no instructions within the email or ability to customize (e.g. contact number to our IT) the emails being sent from OneDrive and SharePoint.

• Pat Dolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This to me too is a must have. Take external sharing as an example. Where security controls are implemented, such as 10 day expiration links or a password required (which is sent in a separate email), steps to download the file along with the points I mention above, need to be highlighted in that email that the external recipient gets. This is available in other EFSS solutions.

• Jared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, a Custom Email themed notification would be good- it doesn't need to change in wording just in font/colour/logo.

Feedback and Knowledge Base