OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve sharing and collaboration in OneDrive across all experiences??

Sharing between OneDrive Personal and OneDrive for Business

One should be able to share a file from a OneDrive Personal Account to a OneDrive for Business Account.

Right now, the shared file doesn't appear in the receivers Business Account, but only in the Personal Account. But that is useless for people using Business primarily.

Example:

A private person owns a OneDrive Personal Account. He/She wants to share project files to a company, which will then work with these files. Sadly the files don't appear in the OneDrive for Business Account of the employee of the company, but they appear in the employees personal Account and mix up with his family pictures, music, whatever. If the company doesnt allow their employees to use their personal accounts when they are on the job, the employee wont be able to do the project and the company would have to reject the customer.

1,937 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
improver shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

156 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • iJohnnyCash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I need this feature also!!
    I can't even exchange files between my university and personal account!

But we as user, we have to admit that this is also a security holes. What if the policy of company is very strict and doesn't want to allow any external movement of the files, for example if you are not at least in a specific rank/position.

• Roland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please sort this out. I've heard of several people who have moved back to Dropbox because of this pointless restriction!

• Henry M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was sharing a folder using my One Drive Business Account but then someone using One Drive Personal is not able to Sync the folder into the account. How can we solved this ? People wants to have it in the computer not online....

• Nils commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is needed in the sharing world of 2018.... this we really need please work on it!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can we get this, I have migrated to Onedrive for Business and it is causing issues with sharing.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still a problem that has caused me a 10h synchronizing all to Bussines account only to understand that other people dont have it and will not be able to share files so I have to go back to privat account and use it for bussines other ways cant recaive invited to other people folders

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am assuming Douglas Pearce left the company and no one took over his thinking about it process!? 2016 is a long long time ago, at least update your answer please.

Feedback and Knowledge Base