OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve sharing and collaboration in OneDrive across all experiences??

Co-authored albums

The new albums feature is great. But I can share albums only as read only.

I would like a way to create a "Editable" album, where people I share the album with can add photos.

232 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Christian Hartung shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just tried this out and you can get an anonymous "edit" link to an album, but... the "add item" button only shows if the person clicking the link is _already_ signed in (with no sign-in UI if not), and then they can only add stuff from OneDrive; they can't choose photos from their computer or another service. So this scenario isn't quite there. But addressing these two issues would do pretty well! (always show "add item" and support many sources for new items).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also would like to see the pictures from my phone and my wife's phone in one Album or in the picture overview. Please add this features. E.g. with Dropbox that works since more than two years... :-(

• Rajesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

both my wife and my phone upload photos / videos to our corresponding onedrive accounts. when I create an album to share with friends / family I would like to choose photos from both our camera rolls, right now when I create an album only I can add photos from my account not from my wife's though I have full edit control over her camera roll folder

• Aaron Meek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Co-authored shared albums are one of the best features of iPhoto. Of course, with iPhoto people are limited to adding friends and family who own Apple devices, which inevitably excludes people from the album. It would be great if OneDrive could enable cross-platform co-authored shared albums.

• Patryk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! I went on vacation with my family. We all took pictures with our separate cameras and there was no good way to create one album from them. An album that I can create and everyone can upload to would be great!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base