OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve sharing and collaboration in OneDrive across all experiences??

shared folders show up in Photos app

I love the new feature (released in July 2015 I think) where folders that are shared with me can be added to my OneDrive.
However, I'm dismayed to learn that any photos in those shared folders do not show up in either:
a) The Photos experience at onedrive.com
b) In the new Windows 10 photos app.

If I'm adding a shared folder to my OneDrive then I consider that folder to be part of my OneDrive just like all the other photos so i'd expect photos to show up in the Photos experiences. please could you change the Photos experience on onedrive.com and the Photos app on Windows 10 so that such photos show up. Thanks.

242 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jamie Thomson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A real pitty that all our automatically uploaded pictures cannot be viewed in one central place like the photos app. I've been spending hours to find a work around...

The intention was to share the photo of my phone with the ones on the phone of my wife. So that we can see our photos all together on each phone. Also I wanted to make overall albums in Microsoft Photos. Both is not possible.

BTW: Google Photos supports this feature

• Thierry AMAND commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would like to be able to see as one photo collection my OneDrive pictures and my wife Camera roll altogether. same for my wife, she has to be able to see her camera roll, my camera roll and the family pictures

How is that still not implemented? Not only it is annoying, but also makes experience of using one drive extremely inconsistent.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see the photos my wife and I take together without having to duplicate them to both of our OneDrive accounts and waste space. Please make this happen!

• Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive Team,

I think that this is an important feature for families. My wife and I both have pictures shared to each other. However, we can't see all of the pictures in one spot (Photos Tab in OneDrive). Please consider making this happen.

• Dcote commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believed this was a basic function of a cloud drive / sharing service - certainly one as integrated with the OS as OneDrive. Until I discovered it is not... :-( Please enable this.

I moved away from Google Drive because shared folders were ignored by Google Photos and now I've discovered OneDrive has the same problem.

Microsoft please fix.

I moved from Dropbox to OneDrive and I really miss this feature. I would like to see the pictures of me and my wife in one Album and in the Picture overview.

Feedback and Knowledge Base