OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve sharing and collaboration in OneDrive across all experiences??

OneDrive for Business Sharing Link on Desktop

Enable a dropdown "Share file / folder" option on Desktop for OneDrive for Business (as Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive Consumer already has). Currently right-clicking on a file or folder provides a OneDrive for Business option on Desktop but nothing appears in the dropdown.

90 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Steve Lawton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DDP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like you added the feature in version 17.3.6943.0625. Thanks.

• Mobeen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe that there is no option to get share link from OneDrive desktop app for business. I feel it's a mandatory option for desktop app, I don't see any use with Desktop app without this feature.

All other competitors like Dropbox doing good at this point.

Microsoft, hurry up !!!!

• D Van Der Colff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that the New Generation Client supports OneDrive (personal), OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint Online, my experience regarding the reliability of syncing is 10X better than before. However, the fact that a sharing link from the desktop for synced SharePoint libraries is not available anymore, is a big step backwards. Please bring back the feature asap!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TELL ME WHY THIS WAS REMOVED??? Are those guys behind onedrive really nuts??? Why you removed such important shortcut option???

BRING IT BACK ASAP!

• Mr Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Explorer, previously you could right-click on a file that was Synced and select

One Drive for Business | Copy Link

This was vital feature - that has been REMOVED!

Please bring it back as without it the steps involved, of going to a browser, logging in, navigating, find the file, etc. are just too painful so I've gone back to an older version.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can new Generation Sync Client have same feature where users right click files and folders to Share, Copy Link and Go to Browser option?

Same as what One drive of Buiness had?

at the moment with new Generation One Drive users have to be on Web interface in order to share the link or files and folders

Feedback and Knowledge Base