OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve sharing and collaboration in OneDrive across all experiences??

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Provide the feature to restrict the ability to upload files other than Office files

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Office ファイル以外のファイルをアップロードできないよう制限する機能について

Provide the feature to restrict the ability to upload files other than Office files
    ■Description(内容):
    特定のフォルダーを共有する際に、共有されたユーザーがフォルダーに Office ファイル以外のファイルをアップロードできないよう、制限する機能を提供してほしい。

When sharing the specific folders, we would like to restrict shared users files from uploading files other than Office files.
    For improvement of usability, we hope you to provide the feature mentioned above/

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sharing files from 3rd party apps - Include option to search for folder

Situation:
    I often correspond with clients over text & Whatsapp. They send me important information that I need to save on their client folders. Each client has a subfolder on Our Company's OneDrive Site.

Problem:
    There is no option to search for the folder when uploading the file (e.g. pdf/screenshot from Whatsapp/Text) from a 3rd party app to OneDrive.
    I can only get to the client's folder by scrolling.
    We have a few thousand clients and it is not feasible to scroll to the client’s name every time I need to upload something to his file.
    It creates additional admin…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Warning for special characters in folder title

There should be a small warning (same as in Windows) when editing a shared folder title, that there are no special characters allowed. We used a hashtag in a title and the folder couldn't be synced, both us and Microsoft support team spent days figuring out the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A OneDrive folder you can not share files from

We would like to shed my on premise file storage and have all our users use OneDrive for Business. We would like to have a folder created in everyone's OneDrive that they can not accidentally share files from consider it a "safe' folder. The user would have to deliberately move the document out of the "Safe" folder to another area or folder before they could share it .

This "Safe" folder would be added protection to prevent theaccidental/unintentional sharing trade secrets, personal information, etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Are there plans to develop a OneDrive add-in for Outlook?

I wanted to share OneDrive files/folders within an existing Outlook email thread if possible. As of now I currently have to recreate contact lists from my web or desktop account when I choose to share certain files or folders from that account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Newest-first shared album display

I've shared an album using a published link, but been advised that it's not possible to change the photo display order from oldest-first. This means that repeat visitors will need to scroll to the end every time to check for newly-posted items. Can the 'newest first' sort order be applied to an album?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Photos Backup from smartphone to onedrive

when backup of photos are done from the iphone photos folder to onedrive those ohotos should goes directly to trash.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please create a way to easily view One Drive photos on Roku

Roku is one of the most popular TV software services for streaming and other apps. Please create an app that will let you display one drive pictures as a channel on Roku.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Auto collect photos from shared album

I have O365 and use OneDrive to store and share photos with friends also have O365. It is very painful to download the photos from my friend's OneDrive and upload them to my own OneDrive. Can we have a auto collect photo feature. Instead of downloading, one can auto collect photos or album from friend's shared albums. Thx!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Guys, for next level in the China add a "simple-to-do" & "mobile&laptop-friendly" WECHAT app sharing option for files.

People spend an average of 2-3h a day on wechat in China.
    It is one of the mostly used channels to share documents that aim for 1:1 or groups of people.
    It is fast.
    It is easily re-accessible.
    It can work on multiple devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For me to use the 100% onedrive - share equal dropbox folder

For me to use the 100% onedrive - share equal dropbox folder

It would be great if he shared a folder and made the folder locally equal to the dropbox, where several people can save and show the files to all that are allowed.

In the dropbox when we share a folder, it appears to the person, everyone can save that folder locally on your PC.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please don’t tag my stuff!!

area so why were my created folders not there? In settings I selected When MS gives an option to not tag “MY” PHOTO'S and DOCUMENTS, I would think that is exactly what MS would do!! Please, DON’T tag MY STUFF!! I specifically used the MS feature to create my own folders. When I tried to move an item by selectingThey were dated, separated, and not the way I created them. I never left that file. ‘move to” all my folders were not there. In settings I selected NO!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Link Expiration for all sharing types

Creating a link that expires for all the different sharing types (Specific People, People with existing access or People in ORG with the link) instead of just "Anyone Links".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Read only access at folder and file level -useful for accessing archived data

This is traditional database access idea so users or customers can view documents but can't ***** with carefully curated data on OneDrive - so no edits, updates, deletes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. One Drive sync problem on iPhone

I have One Drive app + Word app on my IPhone. Created doc on computer, saved in onedrive, shared for editing. Opened doc on iPhone word app edited doc. Edits not showing on onedrive app. Edits show on computer browser and iPhone Word app. It is like onedrive app not syncing. On email and other apps pulling the screen down generates a sync cycle. MS needs to add this feature to the onedrive app.
    This is a problem as when traveling on business i will review edits by team members on iPhone onedrive app if it doesn’t sync i will…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow OneDrive business to share and sync with OneDrive personal!

I have a project with 75 partners! Some have OneDrive personal. I cant share and sync with them. So i need to swtich to dropbox or googledrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. different accesses to folders under a main folder

It was not possible to differentiate access to different folders. Example: A main folder, which everyone has access to, then subfolders, to which a special group of people have access

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Upload only link to customers with no access to open files uploaded

I would like to have ability to edit permissions for outside firms to only allow uploading to a folder on OneDrive. i.e. we can send customers a link to a OneDrive folder that only allows them to upload files and not open those files. Currently if I remove the ability to open files in permissions it also removes the ability to add files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi, please make the Excel sheets on OneDrive less laggy. I feel like I'm on dial up sometimes when I try to open, save, or cross-reference

Should be a way for the sheets to locally reference each other while on the drive rather than having to save local copies and then figure out referenceable work arounds...it crashes my excel when I try to do even simple cross-references because it's on my computer, going into the cloud to reference and then pulling that information back down from the cloud; I've had entire workbooks corrupted and hours of work lost because of this short-sighted "solution."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Send email to all shared with

I would like to have option to select all users that I have shared file with and send them email notification.
    This can be very usefull when you hfor example restore file from previous version due to something and you want to notify everbyody that they can work with it or the have to refill their data into such file.
    Currently it is not possible, users has to be picked one by one.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Feedback and Knowledge Base