OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve sharing and collaboration in OneDrive across all experiences??

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow choosing not to use OneDrive for Business when subscribing licenses.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ライセンス契約時に、クラウドサービスを利用をしないように簡易に設定できるような選択肢を設けてほしい。

Allow choosing not to use OneDrive for Business when subscribing licenses.
    ■Description(内容):
    社内で Office Online を利用したいため、Office ProPlus を契約しているが、OneDrive for Business のクラウド領域は利用させたくないと考えている。
    OneDrive for Business の利用を制限するためだけに SharePoint Online 管理センターからの操作が必要だが、Office Online の利用を主目的としているユーザーに対して、通常利用することがないSharePoint Onlineにアクセスすることは手間がかかり、また不便である。
    当初より OneDrive for Business の利用を希望しないテナントが、運用上 OneDrive for Businessが含まれたプランを選択して契約する場合、初期段階で利用しないサービスを選択し設定できるような機能が欲しい。

We purchased Office 365 Proplus to use Office Online apps in our organization, however, we don’t want our users to use OneDrive for Business in the cloud.
    We recognize that we can restrict use of OneDrive for the Business from SharePoint Online admin center but for users who are not familiar with SharePoint Online, it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enhance permission levels

Enhance the permissions to different levels of access 1) View only no download or copy 2) View and download or copy 3)View,download copy and edit

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create share link from desktop

When you click on "Share" in Windows, the system opens a browser window to create a share link. That's mad. Why can't it be done natively in Windows?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Need an option to lock sharing and editing option temporarily for about one or two hour without notifying others

Hi,
    I'm sharing a file at onedrive for editing by multiple user at a time. But is there any option to lock sharing and editing option temporarily for about one or two hour without notifying others? if so how can i do this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Granular retention in OneDrive.

At the moment we have a single overall days of retention when someone leaves.

We have had on a couple of occasions requirements to extend retention after someone left outside of our policy which is set to the standard 30 days. In this case the person had sensitive data in their Onedrive.

We do not wish to keep everyone for longer just the ability to keep the data longer on an exception basis.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support Linked Excel Files

Excel on OneDrive doesn't support linked workbooks, i.e. links between workbooks are broken each time OneDrive syncs. This is crazy as so many users have linked workbooks on there desktop machines.

Microsoft had an enterprise solution that worked in 2005, so why can't you port that across to OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow direct export from Onedrive to Snapfish or Shutterfly

Need to be able to send pictures from OneDrive to Snapfish or shutterfly to be able to make printed albums and photos.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Share to Youtube account

Why isn't YouTube an available partner to share video files with? YouTube has a rich API that can be integrated with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have trouble renaming local versions of shared Onedrive data. Would be nice to be able to rename locally to organize.

Have trouble renaming local versions of shared Onedrive data. Would be nice to be able to rename locally to organize. We "Add to my one drive" and sync all our local version to the office Onedrive cloud. Can't retitle the local versions without messing with the sync.

Also, seems that Onedrive is not compatible with syncing some titles and it is hard to determine what is wrong with this title: IMG_4453.CR2

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. No download, only read by sharing

For my personal account, i would like to have the option to share a file with a link by that it is not possible to download a copy of the file. So sharing a audiofile, pdf document, video etc. whitoit the possibility for the reciever to download the content.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. photo

Shared photos don't seem to be searchable.

I have shared a small folder with a family member, she opened the link and can now view those files. All is well, to a point.
    I use Lightroom 6 and tagging for the photos. The tags are uploaded to Onedrive and I can see the tags online in the information of the files.
    On my own account on a separate computer, the files are syncronized to that onedrive folder, but the tags to not accompany the photos.

Back to the shared folder - the other user can search their own folders and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need to be able to organise One Drive shared files into own folders without losing shared editing access

I desperately need to be able to organise shared files into my own folders without losing the shared access or editing ability. Currently, with no way of doing this, all I have is an ever expanding list of hundreds of shared files that make it impossible to locate anything. It seems ridiculous that this was not thought of in the design of One Drive. Google Drive does this - why can't One Drive? At least at the moment, my company hasn't taken away our Google Drive access. This is probably going to happen at the end of the year, and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create OneDrive Temporary Photos "Link" Slideshow

Apples IOS implementation is perfect.

Select multiple photos including folders.
    Hit share which creates a temporary link.
    Provide link to third parties.
    Third parties will see a slideshow.

Quick, easy, useful.. Currently OD does not have any elegant way to share multiple images on the fly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Unable to sharing data on OneDrive for Business from a browser on mobile devices

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    モバイル デバイスのブラウザーからの、OneDrive for Business の共有操作が出来ない。

Unable to sharing data on OneDrive for Business from a browser on mobile devices
    ■Description(内容):
    iPad を除く、iPhone や Android のモバイルデバイスにて、ブラウザーから OneDrive for Business へサインインを行い、データの共有操作をすると、リンクの送信ウィンドウが自動的に終了し、データを共有することができない現象が発生するため、改善してほしい。

When signing in to OneDrive for Business from a browser on a mobile device of iPhone or Android excluding the iPad and performing data sharing operation, the link send window is automatically terminated. This behavior prevents users from sharing data and it needs to be fixed.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Extend OneDrive storage >1TB for Office 365 Business Essentials en Premium

For Business Essentials en Premium ie. Users with just 1 Account they are limit to 1TB Storage. With Dropbox you can go bigger.

Can we add/get more storages pace for a descend price? Or combine multiple OneDrive plans to get more storage? For some groups 1TB is not enough.

Think about photographers that runs a small business

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Comentários

O App e o sistema poderiam permitir comentar tanto arquivos, como pastas da mesma forma com o Dropbox permite.
    É simples e muito prático quando várias pessoas trabalham na mesma pasta ou projeto.
    Sds

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Be able to show folders that are not being synced on my pc or device.

Be able to show folders that are not being synced on my pc or device.
    So we know that perhaps something is missing in a sync.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. URL links

When I want to post a picture or email text a picture I don't want a proxy URL to OneDrive I want my picture .. not happy with this at all

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unshare In OneDrive

It would be great to allow selected unshare for users, not just for all users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Feedback and Knowledge Base