OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Sincronizar_Carpetas_Diferente_Nombre

En mi organización el uso de archivos es común y surge la necesidad de que cada usuario personalice el nombre de sus carpetas sin perder la estructura que el administrador le da para no perder control asi como tambien, darle el poder a las personas de soporte de meter este tipo de quejas y/o sugerencias ya que ellos no pueden hacer nada y te remiten a este buzón a contar la historia por enésima vez consecutiva perdiendo el interés sobre un simple ticket NO RESUELTO.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Security flow from other microsoft products to one drive.

It would be great to have security from other products such as Microsoft Dynamics cascade to one drive using a rest api. The user should not have direct access to one drive and instead have access to the folder underneath created if specified and also to specific files based on access defined. Right now, One drive does not support this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. not able to share files on what's app

after the new update i am not getting to share files on what's app

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. change the wording when sharing.

You normally have 3 options: People in Contoso, people with existing access or specific people. Our users are selecting 'people in contoso', then emailing the link to an individual. The problem is that the file is then available to everyone on site. If I'm not mistaken if anyone on site searches for the document it will appear. Also in recently shared with me locations it will appear. The problem is we are a school and we are worried about students gaining access to the files. I therefore suggest that you change it to 'everyone in contoso' or 'all people in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sobre edición de documentos compartidos

Sería bueno que cuando se comparte un documento y las otras personas pueden editar, se refleje si alguien los está editando y cuando lo hizo.
    Para así evitar las versiones en conflicto.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Share files from Personal Onedrive to Business Onedrive and the files should appear in 'Shared With Me' folder

Share files from Personal Onedrive to Business Onedrive and the files should appear in 'Shared With Me' folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hide the sharing information of items from external users.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    共有先の外部ユーザーに共有情報を見せない機能を追加してほしい。

Hide the sharing information of items from external users.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムを外部ユーザーに共有すると、共有先の外部ユーザーから共有情報 (他の誰に共有されているか) が見えてしまう。
    共有情報を非表示にする機能を追加してほしい。

When sharing items on OneDrive for Business with external users, they can see the sharing information (of other users who are shared the items) which we don’t want them to.

In order to manage items properly, I hope the feature to be implemented to hide the sharing information of items.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable commenting of Office files in the OneDrive Details panel same way as non-Office files

Enable commenting of Office files in the OneDrive Details panel in the same way as non-Office files

The recently released feature "Comments on non-Office Files" (Roadmap ID 16617) is excellent. But bafflngly, it does not support commenting - or even seeing the comments - of Office files without opening the document.

Please make this consistent, so that all files - both Office and non-Office - may be commented in OneDrive in the same way; or at least so that comments in Office files would show in OneDrive (at the moment, there's only a version history note saying that the file…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to Disable Group Sharing

In the tenant configuration spaces for controlling the internal/external and default sharing options - please include a stricter "internal only" sharing control that filters out internal security groups from being selected to share files/folders with. In our organization we have SharePoint/Teams for team collaboration therefore the notion of needing to share a personal OneDrive file with a security group usually implies that is collaboration work. We would like users to have to manually pick individuals within the organization only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. โปรแกรมขาดความเสถียรอย่างรุนแรง และไ่ม่รู้จะปรึกษาวิธีแก้จากที่ไหนค่ะ

หลายๆครั้งที่แชร์ลิ้งค์ให้คนอื่นแค่หน้าเดียว แต่ข้อมูลทุกอย่างไปพร้อมกันหมด เขาสามารถเข้าไปดูได้ทุกอย่างจริงๆ น่ากลัวมากๆค่ะ

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Item in OneDrive for Business shared with a mail-enabled User Group as “specific users” doesn’t appear in their “shared with you”

■Title(件名):
    メールが有効なセキュリティ グループに、OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムを 「特定のユーザー」 選択し共有したが、共有されたユーザーのOneDrive for Business上の [あなたと共有] に共有アイテムが表示されない
    Item in OneDrive for Business shared with a mail-enabled User Group as “specific users” doesn’t appear in their “shared with you”
    ■Description(内容):
    メールが有効なセキュリティグループに、OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムを共有したが、[あなたと共有] に表示されない。
    メールが有効なセキュリティグループ単位で共有を行った場合、[あなたと共有] に共有されたアイテムが表示されない動作のため、グループ単位で共有を行った場合でも 共有先ユーザーの [あなたと共有] に表示されるように追加機能の搭載を希望いたします。
    I shared an item on OneDrive for Business with a Mail-enabled user group, but it doesn’t show up in the “Shared with you” section for that user.
    Please add functionality such that if I share items with a single Mail-enabled Security Group, that item is correctly reflected in those users’ “Shared with…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow us to set maximum number of downloading for files in shared link

■Title(件名):
    共有リンクに対して、ダウンロードの回数を設定できるようにしてほしい
    Allow us to set maximum number of downloading for files in shared link

■Description(内容):
    共有リンクに対して、ダウンロードの回数を設定できるようにしてほしい
    I would like to see the feature to set maximum number of downloading for files in shared link for security perspective.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sync an entire site collection

On local SharePoint, I was able to use Windows Explorer to sync files very easily by drag and drop. We have just switched to SharePoint Online and there is no way to do this without syncing and mapping every single drive, and I have HUNDREDS. Why would you take away that functionality?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide the feature to restrict the ability to upload files other than Office files

■Title(件名):
    Office ファイル以外のファイルをアップロードできないよう制限する機能について

Provide the feature to restrict the ability to upload files other than Office files
    ■Description(内容):
    特定のフォルダーを共有する際に、共有されたユーザーがフォルダーに Office ファイル以外のファイルをアップロードできないよう、制限する機能を提供してほしい。

When sharing the specific folders, we would like to restrict shared users files from uploading files other than Office files.
    For improvement of usability, we hope you to provide the feature mentioned above/

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sharing files from 3rd party apps - Include option to search for folder

Situation:
    I often correspond with clients over text & Whatsapp. They send me important information that I need to save on their client folders. Each client has a subfolder on Our Company's OneDrive Site.

Problem:
    There is no option to search for the folder when uploading the file (e.g. pdf/screenshot from Whatsapp/Text) from a 3rd party app to OneDrive.
    I can only get to the client's folder by scrolling.
    We have a few thousand clients and it is not feasible to scroll to the client’s name every time I need to upload something to his file.
    It creates additional admin…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Warning for special characters in folder title

There should be a small warning (same as in Windows) when editing a shared folder title, that there are no special characters allowed. We used a hashtag in a title and the folder couldn't be synced, both us and Microsoft support team spent days figuring out the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow users to view files that have been shared with them via Files on Demand feature instead of needing to log into the portal view.

The ability to view files shared with you through the Files on Demand feature rather than having to take extra steps in accessing the online view of OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dear Sir,

We have onedrive personal account we cannot mapnetwork for windowsserver2012 rs

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A OneDrive folder you can not share files from

We would like to shed my on premise file storage and have all our users use OneDrive for Business. We would like to have a folder created in everyone's OneDrive that they can not accidentally share files from consider it a "safe' folder. The user would have to deliberately move the document out of the "Safe" folder to another area or folder before they could share it .

This "Safe" folder would be added protection to prevent theaccidental/unintentional sharing trade secrets, personal information, etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)