OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Remove overlapping legacy "Share" interface elements from Windows File Explorer

In Windows 10, the Windows File Explorer interface still displays interface elements in the contextual menus on files/folders and in the Ribbon to share files with specific people through non-OneDrive methods. This ends up confusing users who don't realize that this isn't OneDrive sharing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Upload new version of a file without changing the shared link

I am trying to upload a new version of a training file on OneDrive, but it doesn't give me the option to upload the new version when I select the file. I wish to upload the new version such that it doesn't change the shared link, as I have shared it with multiple people. Box folders have this capability, so a lot of businesses have been choosing box over onedrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. RMS on OneDrive

Sharing is a very good functionality for private as well as for business use. But it leaves the owner without control what further happen with the shared information. E.g when further shared, dowloade and stored elsewhere etc.

Why not amend the possibility to set IRM protection on OneDrive?
    At least for OneDrive for business (I.e. In a similar way as it already can be done for a SharePoint library.)

Should also reduce consequences of a user mistake.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove access to all the subfolders with one click

ParentFolder has tens of subfolders. Every subfolder is shared with a different person. I want to stop sharing the subfolders by clicking something like 'stop sharing the children' in the ParentFolder details pane. Now I have to go to every subfolder's details pane and remove the shared access there manually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Set default filename format for automatically uploaded files

For example, images/video captured on the Xbox One and uploaded to OneDrive will generate a "MM-DD-YYYYhh-mm-ss" type of filename (i.e., "05-01-201912-00-00AM").
    ¶ Personally I would prefer the option to set the default filename to "YYYY-MM-DD
    hh-mm-ss" (i.e., "2019-05-0112-00-00AM"), since this would order the files by year, then month, then day, instead of the honestly awkward month first, then day, then year.
    ¶ Likewise, being able to go from a 12-hour format to a 24-hour format ("00-00-00" instead of "12-00-00_AM") would be useful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Lors de partage de dossier de plus de 2go, la personne recevant le lien ne devrait pas avoir à se loger.

Quand j'envoie des dossier de plus de 2go, je ne souhaite pas que la personne recevant le lien doivent s'identifier et avoir un compte. Je ne comprends pas cette limite absurde.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Terms of Use Customization

Enable administrators to add 3 texts blocs or links to different Terms of Use (web pages) tailored to the specific business context:
    - for users who share documents,
    - for internal sharing recipients
    - and for external sharing recipients

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Consistently accurate naming of Office 365 links to OneDrive for Business

The Office 365 home page and app launcher - to name two examples - include links to OneDrive for Business, but the button says, simply, OneDrive.

My understanding is that OneDrive is a separate product, intended for personal non-corporate use, and calling one by the other's name can mislead, cause confusion, and hinder adoption, amongst other issues.

If agreed, please add the missing words "for Business" in the buttons/shortcuts that point to OneDrive for Business and not to OneDrive throughout Office 365.

There are enough names and name changes in the world of Microsoft, so let's use names accurately and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. prevent sharing

Block a security group from sharing externaly

As a university we would like to have the ability to prevent specific security groupd from external sharing from their OneDrive for Business. They are in a security group, so being able to limit sharing by group would be great.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Share link with file name

When I create a share link from my file and send it to my students throught whatsapp, its only a really long text link with no way to identiy the file name, I understand this may be for a security resaon but when I copy in links from other platforms it then generates a popup box with the filename. It would be great to just have the filelink embedded with a tiny url and a popup filename.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. folder modified date

SharePoint Online and OneDrive Document Library Folder modified date should update when contents are updated.

Currently, the folder modified date is the date the folder was created or renamed rather than when the contents within the folder were changed. Can be misleading to think that a folder contents have not changed, when if fact they have been changed. Same issue on SharePoint Online and OneDrive experiences.

See SharePoint Online User Voice request: https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/36005275-sharepoint-online-document-library-folder-modifie

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. cache

In file explorer when the onedrive is synced with machine, it doesnt cache the email addresses for the recipients with whom you have shared the files/folders in past.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. wetransfer

I would like to automatically add files from WeTransfer/Firefox Send/... links to my OneDrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow the option to turn off "embed" in OneDrive when sharing a PDF.

Allow the option to turn off "embed" in OneDrive when sharing a PDF.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My wife and I each have a personal vault. We don't need one for each. We need one to share where we can keep all of our financial data.

In addition to our existing OneDrive files, one single family personal vault. This would allow my wife and I to more easily both have access to sensitive financial information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. synced folders new device

In my day to day job, I come across a lot of users that have many folders synced to OneDrive from Share point.

What would be great is, if when their device fails, needs rebuilding or they do something to really mess things up, as users do to be helpful.. When logging back into OneDrive it offers to re add the folders that you may have had on an old device/installation of OneDrive. Even if it was a list to then select relevant folders

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove shared to me item

Would be great if we could remove from our onedrive an item that someone else has shared to me

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. PDF Collaborative sharing

Let us to put comments and annotations together in a pdf file like editing a word file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Transfer Ownership

I made a back up of a relative's old laptop and all her files are now in my OneDrive. I shared them with her OneDrive. But, I don't want them in my account anymore. How can I transfer ownership?! Is there already such a feature?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. IMPROVE VIDEO SHARING

I suggest this is mandatory. There is a option to embed video on e.g. a blog. I did this several years ago on a blog with a large amount of kids-soccer-videos. At one point, these videos started to AUTOPLAY on my blog (originally they did not), obviously creating havoc on my blog. It was quite a job to correct this error.

I did so by replaceing the word EMBED with the word DOWNLOAD in this embed link. Now the blog is back to normal, thank god. It does not autostart videos.

SUGGESTION: Make a more advanced video sharing feature more…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base