OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow "Shared" folders to display in 3rd Party Web App Integrations

In the standard OneDrive web interface you, of course, can see "Shared" files. However, when using the integration provided by 3rd party web apps, "Shared" folders are not visible. See attached files. Not having "Shared" file access is a huge hindrance to collaboration and should be available, especially since "Shared Libraries" are.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Differentiate sharing rights by groupmembership

Within our company we would like to have some users to be able to share documents with people outside the company, but other users should only be able to share internally.

It would be great if this could be assigned by groupmembership. Now this has to be done with scripting and as we all know this has disadvantages when failing.

This is already possible with the regions, why not make this possible within a region and groups.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Acceso a todos tus archivos de la nube desde la PC pero sin descargarlos localmente

Debería haber una opción que permita ver todos los archivos y carpetas de OneDrive en la carpeta de la PC sin necesidad de que estén descargados en la PC, seria algo como un acceso directo, por así decirlo, y que solo se descarguen temporalmente si se requiere abrir el archivo. Seria una forma de trabajar con los discos sólidos de poca capacidad, de esta forma no se mantienen sino en un buffer temporal ciertos archivos consultados en el momento. Actualmente conocemos que existe una única opción que es evitar que se descarguen carpetas o archivos de nuestro OneDrive a la…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Invitation Mail in SharePoint when adding users automatically hidden

Do NOT set the checkbox for new invitations to SharePoint as default "yes". Leave this decision to the user (automatically NO, user can change to YES)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create share link from desktop

When you click on "Share" in Windows, the system opens a browser window to create a share link. That's mad. Why can't it be done natively in Windows?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Integrate OneDrive with outlook

OneDrive needs to be fully integrated into outlook app. Why is it easier to send OneDrive files from Gmail than from outlook. That ain't right.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. External Sharing without an Exchange Account

Enable sharing with external users without requiring having an Exchange account.

I can apparently share a file or folder with an external user, but they must be able to receive email at an Exchange address. When sharing is attempted there is no notice that sharing won't happen unless they have an Exchange account, it just doesn't happen.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve checkin/checkout for OneDrive for Business/Sharepoint scenarios

I have a sharepoint folder that is sync'd to my local machine via OneDrive for Business. In Sharepoint we have set it for version control and checkout required to edit. However, even though these are Office (O365) documents and we're using Windows ... I can't request checkin/checkout from the local instance (either a OneDrive explorer integration menu, or an O365 application menu option) so the only way to check in/out is via the extra set of going to the website
    As these documents are powerpoints with active macros which need both changes to macros and slides on a regular basis,…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Shared Family Photos

My wife currently shares her photo's folder with me so I have Photos and Photos (1) which as you can imagine, isn't ideal and causes all sorts of headaches.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make links actually short

I have seen you said One Drive does this now, but my links are really long: the last one was 48 characters. Bit.ly shortens Dropbox links up to only 7 characters after the "/" but I can not use it with One Drive (it says my link is already shortened with 48 characters!).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why is the "Add to my Onedrive" option for shared folders still not available for school or work accounts??

This would be extremely helpful as a graduate student to be able to communicate effectively with my adviser through onedrive. Otherwise I will have to look into google drive or box

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide option to NOT share specific Office files (xlsm specifically) via VBA on OneDrive business

I have complex, macro-enabled Excel (xlsm) files that work fine on OneDrive for Business as long as the "Use Office application to sync Office files that I open" is NOT checked in the OneDrive settings. The Office sync functionality and ability to work collaboratively is great, but it doesn't work with my (and others as I found while searching for my issue) workbooks. The file has backup and save macros and slows down immensely and throws strange errors for my clients ("High service activity", "File wasn't uploaded because we cannot merge change made by another user" when there is only…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add functions to the OneDrive app concerning user recycle bins

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリの機能の追加要望
    Add functions to the OneDrive app concerning user recycle bins

■Description(内容):
    OneDriveアプリで個人用の OneDrive アカウントでサインインをした場合は他のユーザーのごみ箱が表示されるが、OneDrive for Business アカウントでサインインをした場合は自身のごみ箱しか表示されない。
    誤って他のユーザーのファイルを消してしまう可能性もあるため、共有されたファイルを削除した場合のごみ箱は表示されるようにして欲しい。
    If one signs into the OneDrive app using their personal OneDrive account, other user’s recycle bins are show, however if one signs in on a OneDrive for Business account only their own bin is shown. Because it is possible to delete other user’s files by mistake, we would like for deleted shared files to show in the recycle bin.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dynamic Sharing the Personal Space of OneDriveHome

One User use the 1TB and other not. It would be a great feature to Share the unused Space with the other users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Search result include the files other user shared with me again

Recently when I searching for some files and folder I remember someone shared with me, results only shows files in my own storage.
    So I starting to view through lots of folders and finally found it, but it took so long and just a waste of time.
    Hope the FULL search will back soon.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option to add 'Shared with me' links to my Files folder structure

A common request from our OneDrive for Business users is the ability to add 'Shared with me' files to their Files folder structure, similar to the Google Drive 'Add to My Drive' option.

There is a workaround which consists in coypying the link to a shared with me file or folder and then add add it as a New > Link in Files. However this is a bit clunky so it would be nice to be able to do it in one click, with the ability to pick a destination folder.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow syncing folders shared with read-only access

today, only write-access shared folders can be synced. I need to also sync read-access shared folders.

I share the familiy photo archive with familiy members. I want them to sync and see the photos, but not give them the perission to delete.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Creating a Unidirectional anonymous syncronization folder

my idea is to have the ability of create a folder in a work computer (non personal or private), linked to an onedrive account, but, nobody can access to another folders of the account, only an unidrectional syncro folder.

Resuming, a folder in a public work pc, conected by onedrive pc software, and you can syncro, upload and download content inside this folder, but you cannot change configurations, or see another folders or archives of the main onedrive account. you can only see your asigned public folder. maybe the email of the main account, and nothing more.

just like a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories