OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve sharing and collaboration in OneDrive across all experiences??

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Maximum link Expiration - Allow exceptions to Tenant policy

We greatly appreciate the maximum link expiration time policy that was recently implemented to OneDrive admin center.

We have several use cases where we would like to exclude certain Office365 groups /SharePoint sites from this tenant level policy. Please add the ability to modify this setting on a per site level or white-list particular settings as an exception from this policy.

Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Open Office files which are larger than 30MB without getting an error message.

Open Office files which are larger than 30MB without getting an error message.
    Office files open by default in Office Online. If you try to open a file larger than 30MB or even worse if you share this file with others they will get an error message with an option to open the file with your locally installed office. Users mostly do not read this error message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm sure this has been suggested many times, but i'll just add my voice to the chorus

I'm sure this has been suggested many times, but i'll just add my voice to the chorus anyway. We'd like to see a "no share" option with OneDrive. Keep all the existing sharing features, but add a simple storage-only option. Most people don't need to share (at least at our company), but do need the cloud storage (it makes replacing PC's A LOT easier). Any chance we'll see this in the near future? Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Calendário

Pesquisar e mostrar, em formato de calendário, os arquivos alterados e seus históricos, como uma opção de pesquisa e localização de arquivos.

Tipo, clica num calendário e data, e aparece a lista de arquivos modificados ou carregados para o drive naquele dia.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow files to be uploaded from other websites directly with the link

I would like to upload some files from other Cloud storages to one drive directly. Not by downloading to my pc and then again uploading.
    Instead allow files to be uploaded to my drive through a link from other cloud storages

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. create a web page from an album in order to share pictures.

My family just had a reunion, and of course we are sharing photos. My brother uses Icloud to share his. He does this by clicking an option to share as a web page. This is very convenient to share with people who don't have a MSFT ID.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. outlook

I have several customers who have asked to be able to set an expiration date on a cloud attachment when sending through Outlook. Currently, a sharing expiration date can only be set from OneDrive on the web or OneDrive on Windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. go on Dropbox.com and see how Filesharing works.... :)

Are you guys serious? you can not share a folder between Business and home users? only in browser links?

Im a network admin and ive just spent 2h to share a folder between business and personal... even support hotline couldn help! The business support asked me if i can contact the home support for help :)))))

thats so stupid!

Go and learn from the best... in the meanwhile, am going to spread the word with all my customers!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. you cannot sync files with an SPACE at beginning or the end? hows Dropbox doing it?

So if i put a 2000 files in a folder and 250 files have a space at beginning or end, ive to start correcting all of it???

Again! Go and learn from Dropbox

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. nest shared folders just like google drive - the separate shared folders are insane for pc syncing and continuity of data filing

nest shared folders just like google drive - the separate shared folders are insane for pc syncing and continuity of data filing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add more file tracking and notification

Each user needs to be able to easily track their own shared files for download, access, edit, etc. Every other viable file sharing service has these capabilities. Each user should also be able to easily get email or direct notifications for any of the tracked changes listed above.

We're a law firm and we need to share files and then be able to confirm when they are downloaded, accessed, edited, etc. We also need the option for email or direct notifications so that there are little to no delays to confirm said actions.

We currently use Accellion and it does…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Control edits

I want people that I share a document with to have to get my permission as owner of the document before any changes are made to that document. They could edit but the suggested changes don’t get made unless I approve them. This is how google allows collaboration but the owner still had control. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Share securely with an authenticated user. (OneDrive "Premium" with Office 365 Home)

Share securely with an authenticated user. (OneDrive "Premium" with Office 365 Home)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multi user document editing.

Just google drive - allow multiple users to be in the doc at once and when using locally.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable recipients to allow sharing of files

When sharing files with specific users, allow those users to share the file with others (similar to sharing option for PowerBI Dashboards).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow sharing of OneDrive for Business between organizations.

I have a url for a publicly shared OneDrive and need to download the files on a regular schedule. The Folders on the other OneDrive for Business are all in folders that contain zip files and there is no login so I can't join or share it with my OneDrive for Business.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Feedback and Knowledge Base