OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Transfer Ownership

I made a back up of a relative's old laptop and all her files are now in my OneDrive. I shared them with her OneDrive. But, I don't want them in my account anymore. How can I transfer ownership?! Is there already such a feature?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. IMPROVE VIDEO SHARING

I suggest this is mandatory. There is a option to embed video on e.g. a blog. I did this several years ago on a blog with a large amount of kids-soccer-videos. At one point, these videos started to AUTOPLAY on my blog (originally they did not), obviously creating havoc on my blog. It was quite a job to correct this error.

I did so by replaceing the word EMBED with the word DOWNLOAD in this embed link. Now the blog is back to normal, thank god. It does not autostart videos.

SUGGESTION: Make a more advanced video sharing feature more…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Migration of data between OneDrive for Business accounts

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のアカウント間のデータ移行について
    Migration of data between OneDrive for Business accounts

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のアカウント間のデータ移行の方法として、ローカル経由ではなくクラウド経由で行う機能を希望します。

I would like a function to be added whereby data can be migrated from one OneDrive for Business account to another without using local storage, but using the cloud instead.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be useful to be able to exclude a file path pattern, such as excluding node_modules and other folders or files that are detrimental

It would be useful to be able to exclude a file path pattern, such as excluding node_modules and other folders or files that are detrimental to sharing

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. prevent people from sharing with me without permission

i want to stop everybody from sharing files with me unless i explicitly allow them to. reporting unwanted shared files as spam only stops current spammer from sharing more spam with me in future.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Gather email addresses from external users accessing OneDrive files without forcing them to log in

Create a portal where users are required to enter their email address only when accessing a OneDrive file, without logging into an Office 365 account. This will allow the file creators to know who is accessing the file while allowing external users to access the file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. embedding

embedding file [like PDF ]creates on the bottom frame with MS label, page size. embedding code, print, download...
    option to control page default size and 'include' [or do not]for those parts will be very good

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "shared by me" with more functionalities

I have difficulties with shared folders. I already have a lot of them (over 60) - but since many of them are no longer relevant, I want to remove them. When I display all of them in a list (shared by me), I see very little information about the items. There is only one column for name, sharing and size. More info is only available via the i-icon for details. With so many elements, it would be very handy if you could define yourself what columns are displayed. For example "Sharing date", "Shared with", "Expiration date", "Path". At least up…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A add-on with navigation and search bar to share one drive files in e-mail

Ever tried the Dropbox add-on for gmail? I dream about that for OneDrive. That's the last bit that prevent me for dropping... Dropbox.
    I actually could consider using another mail client if I learn this is available outside gmail.
    I share files with clients every day, link sharing, no sign-in. sometimes those files are in different folders.
    This app is very simple, but very efficient. IT shows you the last modified files, so most of the time you just have to click on it, and it add a link in your mail, with the file name, not an lengty http…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. dropbox as a location

be able to link to dropbox files from onedrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Buenos días, Mi marido y yo tenemos dos cuentas. Estamos pensando en abrir una cuenta de Office365 hogar. Estamos prbando a poder sincroniza

Now it is possible to share the folder Pictures, but it would be perfect for families to share this folder as it were one unic folder for both users in the way that all the photos of the family can be sync in the same folder with the automatic charge.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Free OneDrive for Business tier for collaboration

Since there are apparently engineering issues with getting OneDrive and OneDrive for Business to sync files with each other, Microsoft should offer a free OneDrive for Business tier similar to Dropbox's 25MB options (or allow unlimited "Shared with you" storage on a free tier. This way external contractors and collaborators could at least share and locally sync documents with organizations that use OneDrive for Business. Currently the only option is to use a competitor like Dropbox, or Google Drive which is a shame. The profession and consumer versions should really be compatible with each other but until them give us…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Moving photos from "Photos" to "Files"

I love the camera backup. Not only does it secure my photos in case of data loss before I can manually dump the files from my phone onto OneDrive, but it also saves me time because I don't have to plug my phone into the PC, go into the internal storage, cut the files, and then paste into my photos file under the File section of OneDrive. The problem is that there is no way to move the photos from the "Photos" section of OneDrive to the "Files" section of OneDrive. My thought is that it should be a simple…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Shared Link address to be editable, or to revert an old link.

Sharing a folder via link is currently designed by Onedrive to work with the latest generated links only. Lately, I have clicked on the link option for the shared folder and opt "Copy link", as I wanted to copy a link to a document. I was really taken aback when I found out that the purpose of "Copy link" is actually to generate a new link, thus the existing link will automatically be replaced by a new link and unfortunately cannot be reverted back to the earlier link. This has a devastating impact on most of the Users, if we…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Comment document updates

I'd like to comment the updates of a sparticular file which is shared amongst the team.
    This would be essential for such document types, which are not editable (like PDF) or not editable by Office 365 totols

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. restore process for backups

firstly, when turning on backups, they don't back up to the same folder that the onedrive sync is so my users now have to look in 2 different places. Also, there is not a clear cut way to restore backed up files to a new computer. In fact, on the new computer if you sign into onedrive and go to the backups tab, it doesn't see that there are backups from another computer and only prompts you to begin new backups which I haven't yet tested to see if doing that overwrites your previous backups which would be completely absurd.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow shared folders or your own folders to actually appear on your computer and sync when whichever one changes

Having a folder on your computer desktop or wherever you put it as well as the one drive older. Whenever you make any change to your OneDrive folder or your folder in you computer,, the other one will sync automatically. Great for working on other devices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive verification code emails

When sharing files or folders in OneDrive for Business with users who are outside our organization, several users report to us that they do not receive the verification code email after clicking the 'Open' button in the first email they received.

It would be nice if we could either retrieve the verification code for them or at least be able to confirm that the verification email was sent by message trace or audit log entry.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 希望onedrive增加”增量同步“的功能。就是当用户在修改任意文件时,OneDrive会通过智能分析,找出当前的文件和上一个版本之间修改的部分,在同步时只上传修改两个版本的差异部分,从而大大加快文件的同步速度、降低流量的消耗,提高同步效率。

希望onedrive增加”增量同步“的功能。就是当用户在修改任意文件时,OneDrive会通过智能分析,找出当前的文件和上一个版本之间修改的部分,在同步时只上传修改两个版本的差异部分,从而大大加快文件的同步速度、降低流量的消耗,提高同步效率。
    Machine Translation:Hope that onedrive will increase the "incremental synchronization" function. That is, when the user is modifying any file, OneDrive will use intelligent analysis to find out the modified part between the current file and the previous version, and only upload and modify the difference between the two versions during synchronization, thus greatly speeding up the synchronization of the file , Reduce traffic consumption and improve synchronization efficiency.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove geo-location information from photos when sharing

Have an option to remove personal meta data from photos in a folder. This would be useful for privacy when sharing photos with a public link.
    Currently all photos taken from a smartphone will by default include very accurate location information (which is fine for my own private photos) but when sharing them I want to be able to easily remove all that information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base