OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Add functions to the OneDrive app concerning user recycle bins

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリの機能の追加要望
    Add functions to the OneDrive app concerning user recycle bins

■Description(内容):
    OneDriveアプリで個人用の OneDrive アカウントでサインインをした場合は他のユーザーのごみ箱が表示されるが、OneDrive for Business アカウントでサインインをした場合は自身のごみ箱しか表示されない。
    誤って他のユーザーのファイルを消してしまう可能性もあるため、共有されたファイルを削除した場合のごみ箱は表示されるようにして欲しい。
    If one signs into the OneDrive app using their personal OneDrive account, other user’s recycle bins are show, however if one signs in on a OneDrive for Business account only their own bin is shown. Because it is possible to delete other user’s files by mistake, we would like for deleted shared files to show in the recycle bin.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynamic Sharing the Personal Space of OneDriveHome

One User use the 1TB and other not. It would be a great feature to Share the unused Space with the other users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Search result include the files other user shared with me again

Recently when I searching for some files and folder I remember someone shared with me, results only shows files in my own storage.
    So I starting to view through lots of folders and finally found it, but it took so long and just a waste of time.
    Hope the FULL search will back soon.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to add 'Shared with me' links to my Files folder structure

A common request from our OneDrive for Business users is the ability to add 'Shared with me' files to their Files folder structure, similar to the Google Drive 'Add to My Drive' option.

There is a workaround which consists in coypying the link to a shared with me file or folder and then add add it as a New > Link in Files. However this is a bit clunky so it would be nice to be able to do it in one click, with the ability to pick a destination folder.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow syncing folders shared with read-only access

today, only write-access shared folders can be synced. I need to also sync read-access shared folders.

I share the familiy photo archive with familiy members. I want them to sync and see the photos, but not give them the perission to delete.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Creating a Unidirectional anonymous syncronization folder

my idea is to have the ability of create a folder in a work computer (non personal or private), linked to an onedrive account, but, nobody can access to another folders of the account, only an unidrectional syncro folder.

Resuming, a folder in a public work pc, conected by onedrive pc software, and you can syncro, upload and download content inside this folder, but you cannot change configurations, or see another folders or archives of the main onedrive account. you can only see your asigned public folder. maybe the email of the main account, and nothing more.

just like a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sharing and editing of Office files which are attached in Shared Notebook

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    共有したノートブックに添付されたファイルについて
    Sharing and editing of Office files which are attached in Shared Notebook

■Description(内容):
    共有したノートブック内に添付された Office ファイルについて、現時点ではノートブックの共有のみでは添付ファイルは共有されない動作のため、ノートブックの共有にて添付されたファイルについても共有され、複数ユーザーにて編集が可能となる機能の追加を希望します。

We attached Office files in shared Notebook, but those files are not shared when the Notebook is shared.

We would like to see the feature to share Notebook and attached Office file at the same time, and it would be great if multiple user will be able to edit those files.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Google Photos compete!

Make the Photo area of OneDrive Photos better and more like a compete offering to Google Photos.

There is a great oppotunity to fill some of the gabs Google made for them selves last summer and many users are looking for alternatives. OneDrive needs these features to be a real alternative to Google Photos:
    Search via image reconition for:
    * Faces! / People!
    * Animals
    * Known obejcts (cars, books, receips, hats and so on)
    * Places
    * Dates

Reminders for photos I've taken, like:
    * Photos from today xx years ago
    * Photos from this week xx years ago …

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mention `Request File` link expiry in UI and documentation

I sent a Request File link to a client but it expired before they could act upon.

The UI nor the documentation currently mentions that the link expires. Instead it seems to indicate that you can delete the request link once you no longer need it. This can lead people to believe that the link will be permanent.

A first step could be to display the expiry date in the UI and documentation. Later it would be nice to be able to select for how long this request should be valid.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it less confusing when opening anonymous links while logged with business account

I have no hope explaining my users why when they create an anonymous sharing link and then try to open it just to make sue it works (while being logged in a browser with their Office 365 business account) it just doesn't work. They then think it is not working in general and then go to use WeTransfer, Dropbox, because OneDrive "doesn't work". I know that anonymous links should be opened with some generic guest user, but it should be handled more gracefully. Lately it become worse as the browser will remember your first try to open such link and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automatically connect to Favorite Sharepoint Document Libraries

OneDrive client for all platforms should automatically connect to all "favorited" SharePoint libraries or even better allow administrators to handle which libraries to sync via the client from the portal.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make "Shared with Me" files accessible in OneDrive desktop app.

I'd like to be able to access files and folders that have been shared with me from OneDrive desktop rather than having to open Office Online every time.

(As a student trying to organize online course materials, having to constantly open a browser to view pertinent files is annoying.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 安卓版功能太少

安卓版one drive没有个人保管库,希望尽快加入这个功能

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. do not allow editing files as default when sharing in educational account

When sharing a OneDrive file in educational accounts, students do not want to delete the file, or end up typing responses to others, or even erase all their work leaving just a blank sheet.
    I would like the standard, when sharing any file (doc, mp4, etc.), to be non-editable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Downloading to OneDrive for Business

Allow OneDrive for Business account logins when sharing a link so students using Chromebooks can open a shared link and make a copy without having to download and then upload on PCs or not be able to use it on Chromebooks.

I created a share link in my personal OneDrive. When they go to the link, it is View-Only. There is an option to sign into OneDrive, but it doesn't accept their logins, only personal Microsoft account logins. Please allow work/school account logins for the ability to save to their OneDrive. Sadly, I had to switch to Google because Google…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Request files from a Onedrive account

The REQUEST FILE feature is great but currently the file to be uploaded must reside on the local computer drive. Could the upload interface include the choice to upload directly from a Onedrive account - a similar interface to that in adding files to Teams assignments.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Personal Vault is broken - Unable to unlock, support is hard to reach/unresponsive so far. IDEA: Make it usable and fix my current problem

I am unable to login to my personal vault on One Drive for several weeks now. Attempts to reach support has not been useful so far. Hoping someone will notice the post here. Attached is the error

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dont show my folder names and structures when sharing a link

When i share a link and another person opens it, for a short while it shows the structure and folders the link is coming from in my onedrive.

Example:

I have a folder "Work" in this folder i have a folder "Sports" where i have a video "Jogging".

When i now share the video "Jogging" and someone opens it, he can see that it comes from those folders...

Work-->Sports....."Jogging"

This seems like a private informtion to me. I asked in support and i was told it works as intended. Cant it be disabled or changed?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Well,...I do know that this is very exciting,..I am , with everything else there are security issues with the freeflowing word on {SHARING}

Im seriously new to computer language and behind the scenes to the Latest trends but One of thebiggest problems i have is(Besidesmy correct use of commas and periods when im typing as i think ) when it comes to the uploading and storing. Alot of my pics and collections are a part of many projects and need them in one space with no ,Collaborations or Opinions for months at a time.On the otherhand i do need to be able to mix and matchwith other photos . That is where I start getting Annoyed when I get back to my computer…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Syncing feature between OneDrive and Google Drive

Please add an option to OneDrive users for syncing online between OneDrive Storage and Google Drive Storage. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base