OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. create a web page from an album in order to share pictures.

My family just had a reunion, and of course we are sharing photos. My brother uses Icloud to share his. He does this by clicking an option to share as a web page. This is very convenient to share with people who don't have a MSFT ID.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. outlook

I have several customers who have asked to be able to set an expiration date on a cloud attachment when sending through Outlook. Currently, a sharing expiration date can only be set from OneDrive on the web or OneDrive on Windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. go on Dropbox.com and see how Filesharing works.... :)

Are you guys serious? you can not share a folder between Business and home users? only in browser links?

Im a network admin and ive just spent 2h to share a folder between business and personal... even support hotline couldn help! The business support asked me if i can contact the home support for help :)))))

thats so stupid!

Go and learn from the best... in the meanwhile, am going to spread the word with all my customers!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. you cannot sync files with an SPACE at beginning or the end? hows Dropbox doing it?

So if i put a 2000 files in a folder and 250 files have a space at beginning or end, ive to start correcting all of it???

Again! Go and learn from Dropbox

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. compartir 100gb

Yo quiero ampliar mi one drive a 100gb, de los 100gb existe alguna forma que le pueda dar a mi esposa 50gb de esos 100gb.
    saludos

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Many people must use the POP version of Windows Live Mail for their emails. Mioft needs to develop procedures to facilitate migration.

Many people must use the POP version of Windows Live Mail for their emails. Misoft needs to develop procedures to facilitate migration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 'Shared by Me' - add column to identify who the file is shared to / export feature

OneDrive for Business: we need to see who files are shared with without having to select each individual file and click into Manage...
    Suggestions: Add a column to the view; include an export feature to view file access rights en masse (we have a ton of shared files and have urgent needs to removed shared file access to employees who have left the organization but retain Office 365 rights)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Subscribe on Photo Albums, notify subscribers on new photos, videos

I want to share an Album (not a folder!) with my daughters, where I put short videos from there sport trainings, so they could view and analyze them.

I want they be notified (in application) each time I add an item (video) to that Album.

And yes, I want new videos be on top, not the bottom of the album.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Control edits

I want people that I share a document with to have to get my permission as owner of the document before any changes are made to that document. They could edit but the suggested changes don’t get made unless I approve them. This is how google allows collaboration but the owner still had control. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Share securely with an authenticated user. (OneDrive "Premium" with Office 365 Home)

Share securely with an authenticated user. (OneDrive "Premium" with Office 365 Home)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Même ce service nest pas convivial !

Même ce service nest pas convivial !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Multi user document editing.

Just google drive - allow multiple users to be in the doc at once and when using locally.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable recipients to allow sharing of files

When sharing files with specific users, allow those users to share the file with others (similar to sharing option for PowerBI Dashboards).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. One Time Download Link

This option is already offered by other sharing files options. It is very useful if you want to share a file only with one person so after he downloaded the file the link is not working anymore.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow us to hide shared items stored in SharePoint at [Shared with me] view

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    [自分と共有] ビューに SharePoint 上のアイテムを表示させないようにする機能を追加してほしい。
    Allow us to hide shared items stored in SharePoint at [Shared with me] view

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の [自分と共有] ビューに SharePoint Online 上で共有されたアイテムも表示されるようになったが、誤って削除されるのを防ぐために、表示させないようにする 機能を追加してほしい。

At [Shared with me] view of OneDrive for Business, I would like to see the feature to hide shared items which are stored in SharePoint Online to prevent users deleting those items in mistake.

Thank you for your consideration

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. space on one drive

for people who have purchases multiple office platforms, we should get 5 gb with each purchase. for instance,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow sharing of OneDrive for Business between organizations.

I have a url for a publicly shared OneDrive and need to download the files on a regular schedule. The Folders on the other OneDrive for Business are all in folders that contain zip files and there is no login so I can't join or share it with my OneDrive for Business.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Password Protection For Shared OneDrive objects should extend to Windows File Explorer.

Password Protected Objects in OneDrive should have protection extended to when that object is viewed in Windows File Explorer. Presently, as of 11/14/2019, it is the design of OneDrive to allow Password Protection on Shared folders. As long as the shared & protected object is viewed in a browser then a password prompt secures the object. However, if that object is Added To My OneDrive (aka viewable within Windows 10 File Explorer) then the password prompt goes away while access to the content remains. This is a security flaw in my opinion and not a feature. Microsoft support confirmed that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base