OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Display items shared with a group in [Shared with Me]

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    グループ共有を行った場合でも [自分と共有] にアイテムを表示する機能の追加希望

Display items shared with a group in [Shared with Me]

■Description(内容):
    グループで共有設定を行った場合には、[自分と共有] に対象のアイテムが表示されない動作を確認している。
    [自分と共有] に表示させるために各ユーザー毎に共有設定を行うのは、手間と時間がかかり不便に感じます。
    使いやすく、効率よく作業できるよう、グループ共有を行った場合でも [自分と共有] にアイテムを表示する機能の追加して欲しい。

I have confirmed the behavior that when an item was shared by a group, that item will not be show in [Shared with Me].
    To make sure display that file in [Shared with Me], it will take time and effort because it requires us to share the file with each user.

For improvement of usability and efficiency of work, it will be nice if items could be displayed in [Shared with Me] even though the…

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. See who viewed a shared file

I shared a file I have stored in OneDrive with a select set of users. I would like the ability to see who has viewed/opened these documents. Right now, i can only see if someone has edited the document.

It would be great if it could show something like a # views, and would be even better if it gave them an option to rate the file (star ratings).

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. implement the feature enabling to restrict internal file share

■Title(件名):
    内部ユーザー同士の共有を制限したい
    implement the feature enabling to restrict internal file share

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business において、テナント内のユーザー間のファイルの共有を制限したい。社内のユーザー間であっても、安易に共有が行われてしまうことによって漏洩のリスクが高まります。管理者によって制御ができるよう、テナント内のユーザー同士のファイル共有を制限する機能を要望します。

I am thinking of sharing the files among the users of OneDrive for Business's tenant.

At this moment, there is a possibility that the data leak might be caused by a simple share even within company user, and therefore I hope the feature to be available that could enable to make a limit on the file share among the users of a tenant so that an admin could execute the restriction for shared files.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Access Request Settings on file or folder level

A User can configure his OneDrive so items cannot be reshared by the recipients of a file / folder or that Access Requests are being sent to an owner if they Arbe being reshared, see https://www.sharepointusecases.com/2014/11/managing-sharing-access-requests-sharepoint-site/

Unfortunately, this Setting can only be configured for a user's whole OneDrive, even if only a few files need this extra Level of security. Please make it possible to make this Settings for particular files or Folders.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sync OneDrive Photo Album and Windows Photos App tags / people recognition

Windows 10 Photos App is great!
    I would need the information / tags / people recognition synced to OneDrive - so the information is not local only and can be shared with other PCs / people as well (and be backed up in cloud)

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change 'ownership' of a OneDrive folder in Office365 Home

I have created a file folder structure for someone else in OneDrive and want to give them ownership of it - but am unable to do so as that is evidently 'not an option' yet I could do that if I was using Google Drive. I am using Office365 Home - seems like this should be a no brainer but have been unable to locate any information re this topic unless I'm an Office Business user, which I'm not. Please allow folder owner transfer in Office365 home.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove multiple items from a shared list in OneDrive for Business

OneDrive for Business の共有リストにて複数のアイテムを削除できる機能の拡充
    Remove multiple items from a shared list in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の共有リストにて複数のアイテムを選択すると [共有リストから削除] が非表示となる。
    複数アイテムを選択時も共有リストから削除できるような機能の拡充を希望します。​

[Remove from Shared list] disappears when multiple items are selected in a shared list in OneDrive for Business.
    Please add a function to delete multiple items from a shared list.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ensure multiple people can read documents without synchronization issues

Referring ticket # 17174503

"When two or more people are working on a document at the same time, they might make changes that conflict with each other. Conflicts can occur when one person works offline and then saves the document to the server. Conflicts can also occur when two people work on the same part of a document at exactly the same time. When edits conflict, the file would display a notification the next time that a user tries to save the document. The conflicts must be resolved before you can save the document to the cloud.
    In OneDrive sync…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sharing between OneDrive for Business and OneDrive Personal

As a person responsible for documents I want to share documents and colaborate with my business partners who have OneDrive Personal.
    As a teacher I want to share folder with my students to have up-to-date documents from all of them.

One should be able to share a file from a OneDrive for Business Account to a OneDrive Personal Account in a way which is described here:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-and-sync-shared-folders-to-OneDrive-8a63cd47-1526-4cd8-bd09-ee3f9bfc1504?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

The feature has been already requested here:
    https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/20317453-bring-to-onedrive-business-option-add-to-my-onedr
    The idea is similar to:
    https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913531-onedrive-sharing-collaboration/suggestions/15040281-sharing-between-onedrive-personal-and-onedrive-for

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. BUG SUBMISSION: Sharing on OneDrive Album is requiring Sign-on by Guest

For the past couple of weeks, if I share a OneDrive album with a non-Microsoft account user, it very briefly shows them the album, but then quickly redirects them to the OneDrive sign-in site.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OneDrive client for Linux

Many organisations employ the use of multiple Operating system environments for client facing services whilst also utilising the most out of their Office 365 / Microsoft 365 subscriptions. Unfortunately there are OneDrive sync clients for all but Linux.

Granted Linux is a broad term, and for me personally I am looking for a native Linux client in the same sense as the MS Teams native Linux client.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop sharing multiple shared files and folders with one or a just few clicks.

I want to be able to stop sharing multiple documents with one or just a few clicks. I have shared 96 files and folders and want to stop sharing all without having to go into every single sharing.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Behavior when sharing copied links

■Title(件名):
    リンクをコピーにて共有する際の挙動について
    Behavior when sharing copied links

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint 管理センターにて 既定のリンクの種類を "特定のユーザー" に設定しているが OneDrive for Business 上でリンクをコピーにて共有を行うとした際に "既存アクセス権を持つユーザー" でリンクがコピーされてしまうため、該当のリンクをそのまま相手に共有するとアクセスエラーとなり大変不便なため、既定値でリンクがコピーされる機能の改善を要望いたします。

The default link type is set to “Specific people” in the SharePoint admin center, but when copying and sharing links on OneDrive for Business the link for “People with existing access” is copied, and since this results in the link giving an error to the recipient when they try to access it, please make it so that the link type set as the default gets copied in these situations.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide a feature to upload screenshots to OneDrive for Business automatically

■Title(件名):
    スクリーン ショットを自動的に OneDrive for Business 上にアップロードする機能を実装してほしい

Provide a feature to upload screenshots to OneDrive for Business automatically

■Description(内容):
    "スクリーン ショットを自動的に OneDrive にアップロードする" 機能について、実装の要望を行いたい。
    これは Microsoft アカウントでサインインして利用する個人用 OneDrive の機能であり、OneDrive for Business と同期した場合についてはこの機能は利用できないので、是非とも OneDrive for Business でも利用できるようにしてほしい。

I request you to implement a feature to upload screenshots automatically to OneDrive for Business.
    This feature is already available for the personal OneDrive, by signing with a Microsoft account, however, it is not available for OneDrive for Business yet.
     For improvement of usability, it will be very useful if we could have this feature in OneDrive for Business as well.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add the option to hide upper directory structure when sharing on OneDrive

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive での共有時、上位のディレクトリ構造を非表示にするオプションの追加
    Add the option to hide upper directory structure when sharing on OneDrive

■Description(内容):
    フォルダーを他ユーザーと共有する際、上位階層のフォルダーまで UI 上に表示されてしまう。共有フォルダーのみを表示させ、上位フォルダーは非表示にする機能を搭載してほしい。

Please make this happen: Hide upper directory structure when sharing files to others.
    The upper directory structure is displayed at the top of the OneDrive UI.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. OneDrive Sync to Support Sharepoint Document Management features

In order for Document Libraries synced from SharePoint to be available for Local Edit, effectively all SharePoint Document Management Library features must be switched off. The ODfB sync client should fully support the Content Approval, Check In/Out, Draft Item Security, Required Columns, Custom Views and Limited Lockdown Permissions features in SharePoint. It currently supports none of these and will make synced documents Read-Only if any of the above settings are used.

ODfB must support all of these features if it is to be described/considered as a compatible Sync solution.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase file size limit to allow easier migration from third parties like Box

We see many customers struggling to migrate from 3rd party services such as Box to OneDrive due to limitations in file size limits in OneDrive.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "Request files" is not available

If I try to use "Request File" that was rolled out in November 2019,
    The message "Anyone links with folder edit" needs to be enabled " is displayed and is not available.

My organization doesn't currently allow “anyone with tne link".
    Imagine a scene where many members in an organization submit reports to OneDrive.
    In the case of a shared folder, participants can view each other's reports,
    which creates risks such as data tampering and accidentally deleting other people's files,
    which is not good.

If “Request files” are available in your organization, the problem will be solved.
    I hope the…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. FTP Access

Implement FTP access to OneDrive to allow upload from on-premises devices like backups, home ip-cameras etc.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. One Time Download Link

This option is already offered by other sharing files options. It is very useful if you want to share a file only with one person so after he downloaded the file the link is not working anymore.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base