OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Extend OneDrive storage >1TB for Office 365 Business Essentials en Premium

For Business Essentials en Premium ie. Users with just 1 Account they are limit to 1TB Storage. With Dropbox you can go bigger.

Can we add/get more storages pace for a descend price? Or combine multiple OneDrive plans to get more storage? For some groups 1TB is not enough.

Think about photographers that runs a small business

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tagging and external sharing in OneDrive

Auto apply a default sharing tag (restricting access). Generally security is reluctant to allow external sharing. Using a team site is not always preferable for some sharing scenarios This would require users to remove this tag to share. This would give security teams more confidence that items that should not be shared externally are not accidentally shared.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide the OneDrive for Business standard feature to check the detailed user information who shared items

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    所有者以外でも、共有相手の詳細を確認できる機能が欲しい

Provide the OneDrive for Business standard feature to check the detailed user information who shared items

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にてアイテムを共有した場合、アイテムの所有者のみが共有相手の人数や詳細を確認できるが、ファイルの共有状況を所有者以外のユーザーでも把握したいと考えている。
    そのため、OneDrive for Business 標準機能として、共有アイテムの所有者以外のユーザーからも、共有相手の詳細を確認する機能を実装してほしい。

When sharing an item on OneDrive for Business with others, only item owner can see the details of shared user information including the number of shared users.

It would be nice if every user, not only an item owner, could see the detailed information of users who are shared the items, by using OneDrive for Business standard feature.

Thank you for your consideration.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Network Drive functionality

I love Office 365, but some file types does not work directly from SharePoint and sync does not solve the issue as it contain "username" in folder path making collaboration "impossible" on graphical design files composed by multiple fragments and many co-authors.

This I suggest you to make a enterprise network mapping option, and the ability to prioritize updates to that sync. This would give the users the ability to have same folder path to the content.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive folder just read-only

My friend share the folder with me, but just read-only and I want add in my OneDrive this files because I need work offline. So today I just add in my onedrive if this files have permission read-write, when will it be possible add files just read-only? There is roadmap about that?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve the behavior when searching a file of OneDrive for Business via Office 365 audit log

■Title(件名):
    Office 365 監査ログの機能で OneDrive for Business のファイルを検索する際の動作について

Improve the behavior when searching a file of OneDrive for Business via Office 365 audit log

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 監査ログの機能で OneDrive for Business のファイルを検索する際、バージョン管理で設定されている範囲内であれば管理者にて抽出したログ時点でのファイルを出力できる機能の搭載を希望します。

When we search for a file of OneDrive for Business by using Office 365 audit log, we would like you to add the ability to be able to export the file of when admins acquired the logs, if the time was within the time range set by versioning.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow personal annotation for shared files

Users are allowed to run notes on the shared files but the notes are available for personal view only and not shared like the files.

This way, users would have personal notes not visible to others but will have a single source for the actual shared file.

Example, I would be sharing files and discussing it over a meeting. Users can put notes on the shared files as we go along, but then these notes are available for their use only. Notes from other users are not shared, only the file.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want to prioritize a specific file to sync on demand.

As an end user working multiple projects across multiple teams, I want to prioritize a specific file to sync on demand

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1. We need feature to be able to password protect shareble links. 2. password protect folders and files.

1. We need feature to be able to password protect shareble links. 2. password protect folders and files.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable commenting of Office files in the OneDrive Details panel same way as non-Office files

Enable commenting of Office files in the OneDrive Details panel in the same way as non-Office files

The recently released feature "Comments on non-Office Files" (Roadmap ID 16617) is excellent. But bafflngly, it does not support commenting - or even seeing the comments - of Office files without opening the document.

Please make this consistent, so that all files - both Office and non-Office - may be commented in OneDrive in the same way; or at least so that comments in Office files would show in OneDrive (at the moment, there's only a version history note saying that the file…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Documents as a task in my To-Do's

It would be great if I can add a document to my Task list in To-Do (like the new functionality in Outlook where I can add a email to my Task list.

Today I scan my document which I get by post and save them directly in OneDrive. If I have for example a invoice, I would like to add a reminder for that.
    At the Moment I have a Workaround and send me my document by email and add this email to my To-Do App as a new Task.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Office integration in Outlook

Please consider a option which automatically moves big mail attachments from Outlook to onedrive and replaces the attachment itself with a link to the file on OneDrive.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Item in OneDrive for Business shared with a mail-enabled User Group as “specific users” doesn’t appear in their “shared with you”

■Title(件名):
    メールが有効なセキュリティ グループに、OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムを 「特定のユーザー」 選択し共有したが、共有されたユーザーのOneDrive for Business上の [あなたと共有] に共有アイテムが表示されない
    Item in OneDrive for Business shared with a mail-enabled User Group as “specific users” doesn’t appear in their “shared with you”

■Description(内容):
    メールが有効なセキュリティグループに、OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムを共有したが、[あなたと共有] に表示されない。
    メールが有効なセキュリティグループ単位で共有を行った場合、[あなたと共有] に共有されたアイテムが表示されない動作のため、グループ単位で共有を行った場合でも 共有先ユーザーの [あなたと共有] に表示されるように追加機能の搭載を希望いたします。
    I shared an item on OneDrive for Business with a Mail-enabled user group, but it doesn’t show up in the “Shared with you” section for that user.
    Please add functionality such that if I share items with a single Mail-enabled Security Group, that item is correctly reflected in those users’ “Shared with you”…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow OneDrive to support drawing tools to open, edit and save PDF files

■Title(件名):
    手書き機能について
    Allow OneDrive to support drawing tools to open, edit and save PDF files

■Description(内容):
    OneNote Online に保存されている PDF ファイルを手書きソフトで開けるようにし、また編集した内容を保存できるような機能の追加を希望します。
    It would be great if we will have a feature that allows OneDrive to support drawing tools to open, edit and save PDF files which store in OneNote Online.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hide the Print Details from the screen when printing files from Word Online

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business に保存している Word Online の印刷設定について

Hide the Print Details from the screen when printing files from Word Online

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business に保存している Word ファイルを Word Online で開いて印刷する際に表示される印刷設定の詳細を非表示にする機能を搭載してほしい。

When we try to print word files which saved on OneDrive for Business from Word Online, the “Print Details” is displayed automatically.

Since there is no option available to hide Print Details, it will be nice if we could choose to display/hide the Print Details freely.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The option to color the Folders in your files

Color-coding my folders (the same way its possible for categories in Outlook)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support for multiple OneDrive root folder names

Currently the name of the OneDrive root folder conatins the company name specified in the O365 organization Profile.

It's not uncommon for an oganization to host different domains representing different companies whos name does not necessary match the organization.

Please introduce the ability to specify a "company name" for each added domain (to override the one specified in the organization profile)

Afterwards, use the "company name" value to name the OneDrive root folder and other relevant part of the o365 experience

Alternatively, simply add a personal preference to allow specifying on user basis the name of the offline folder

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Regarding the OneDrive for Business storage when using Microsoft Teams Commercial Cloud

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の商用クラウド を利用した場合のOneDrive for Business 容量について
    Regarding the OneDrive for Business storage when using Microsoft Teams Commercial Cloud

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business を含む Offce 365 プランを利用し、Microsoft Teams の商用クラウドを取得した場合に、Microsoft Teams の商用クラウド​ の OneDrive for Business 容量が優先して反映してしまう動作となるため、Office 365 プランに含まれる、OneDrive for Business の容量が優先して適用ができるような設定の拡充を希望します。
    When using the Offce 365 plan that includes OneDrive for Business and retrieving the Commercial Cloud for Microsoft Teams, the storage for OneDrive for Business within the Microsoft Teams Commercial Cloud is prioritised and used. Please change this so that the storage for OneDrive for Business within the Offce 365 plan is prioritised and used…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow us to sync “favorite” or “Download” folders automatically

■Title(件名):
    "お気に入り" や "ダウンロード フォルダー" を自動的に同期する設定について
    Allow us to sync “favorite” or “Download” folders automatically

■Description(内容):
    現在、OneDrive.exe の同期において、グループ ポリシーの設定で "デスクトップ"、"ドキュメント"、"ピクチャ" フォルダーを自動的に同期する設定は可能だが、その他 クライアント PC のフォルダー ("お気に入り" や "ダウンロード" など)との自動同期設定が提供されていないため、機能の拡張を希望します。

At OneDrive.exe, currently auto sync feature is available for “Desktop”, “Document” and “Picture” folders by setting group policy, and I would like you to provide us the same auto sync feature for other client folders such as “favorite” or “Download”.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow customizing the sharing email title

■Title(件名):
    共有先に通知されるメールの件名をカスタマイズしたい

Allow customizing the sharing email title

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business 上からファイルを共有した場合、共有先のメールアドレスに以下の件名の通知メールが届く。
    <共有元ユーザー名> さんが "<ファイル名>" をあなたと共有しました。
    この件名を共有元のユーザーが任意でカスタマイズできる機能をお願いいたします。

As a user shares a file on SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business, the email with following title format will be sent to users who are shared to. For improvement of usability, allow us to edit the email title as needed.

Email title: <Name of a user who shared the file >shared {File name} file with you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration