OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve sharing and collaboration in OneDrive across all experiences??

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Embed PDF Preview on Website

OneDrive for Business: Embed PDF preview on website using generated embed code.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. default share dialog on OD4B doesn't allow entering "everyone except external users"

When you click on share in OD4B, the dialog only allows getting links that work for everyone in the organization. But it doesn't allow you to enter "everyone except external users" when you want to share with everyone in teh company. The problem is that sometimes you want to change the permissions on the document so that everyone in the organization has access to it, but you don't want to send an email. There is currently no way to do that through the default share dialog.

you can do that through the details pane which allows you to enter "everyone…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Differentiate sharing rights by groupmembership

Within our company we would like to have some users to be able to share documents with people outside the company, but other users should only be able to share internally.

It would be great if this could be assigned by groupmembership. Now this has to be done with scripting and as we all know this has disadvantages when failing.

This is already possible with the regions, why not make this possible within a region and groups.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Acceso a todos tus archivos de la nube desde la PC pero sin descargarlos localmente

Debería haber una opción que permita ver todos los archivos y carpetas de OneDrive en la carpeta de la PC sin necesidad de que estén descargados en la PC, seria algo como un acceso directo, por así decirlo, y que solo se descarguen temporalmente si se requiere abrir el archivo. Seria una forma de trabajar con los discos sólidos de poca capacidad, de esta forma no se mantienen sino en un buffer temporal ciertos archivos consultados en el momento. Actualmente conocemos que existe una única opción que es evitar que se descarguen carpetas o archivos de nuestro OneDrive a la…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Integrate OneDrive with outlook

OneDrive needs to be fully integrated into outlook app. Why is it easier to send OneDrive files from Gmail than from outlook. That ain't right.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dynamic Sharing the Personal Space of OneDriveHome

One User use the 1TB and other not. It would be a great feature to Share the unused Space with the other users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Share with 'allow reshare' with permissions capability

Reshare with permissions ability or delegate sharing ability.

Currently when I share a file with a permission level e.g. read I would like to be able to specify whether the recipient can further share with the same permission level (or less) without having to get approval from the document owner.
    This would be the same for a file being shared with edit permission with a specific recipient. That recipient should then be able to reshare the document to further recipients with the ability to specify either edit permission or less with read-only permission. The recipient should not be able to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Creating a Unidirectional anonymous syncronization folder

my idea is to have the ability of create a folder in a work computer (non personal or private), linked to an onedrive account, but, nobody can access to another folders of the account, only an unidrectional syncro folder.

Resuming, a folder in a public work pc, conected by onedrive pc software, and you can syncro, upload and download content inside this folder, but you cannot change configurations, or see another folders or archives of the main onedrive account. you can only see your asigned public folder. maybe the email of the main account, and nothing more.

just like a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sharing and editing of Office files which are attached in Shared Notebook

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    共有したノートブックに添付されたファイルについて
    Sharing and editing of Office files which are attached in Shared Notebook

■Description(内容):
    共有したノートブック内に添付された Office ファイルについて、現時点ではノートブックの共有のみでは添付ファイルは共有されない動作のため、ノートブックの共有にて添付されたファイルについても共有され、複数ユーザーにて編集が可能となる機能の追加を希望します。

We attached Office files in shared Notebook, but those files are not shared when the Notebook is shared.

We would like to see the feature to share Notebook and attached Office file at the same time, and it would be great if multiple user will be able to edit those files.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it less confusing when opening anonymous links while logged with business account

I have no hope explaining my users why when they create an anonymous sharing link and then try to open it just to make sue it works (while being logged in a browser with their Office 365 business account) it just doesn't work. They then think it is not working in general and then go to use WeTransfer, Dropbox, because OneDrive "doesn't work". I know that anonymous links should be opened with some generic guest user, but it should be handled more gracefully. Lately it become worse as the browser will remember your first try to open such link and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automatically connect to Favorite Sharepoint Document Libraries

OneDrive client for all platforms should automatically connect to all "favorited" SharePoint libraries or even better allow administrators to handle which libraries to sync via the client from the portal.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sharing with a can comment option

Please add the option to share a file or folder with the view settings but with an option that would allow me to toggle people adding comments. Google drive has this functionality and it's very useful when sharing files that require a technical background to edit but require feedback from non technical people.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pictures Folder Is A Convoluted Mess - Needs to respect origin and folders

Pictures come from a camera via my PC and from my phone. I organize folders on Android by the edit software I use. I organize photos on Windows by the subject. I can't make any sense out of how, let alone why, 1D merges and recombines the pictures and folders. Please, just have a folder for the source device, then folders under each device as they are on the device, and wtf is cameraroll all about?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to UNLINK computers from my account ONLINE.

I accidentally left a computer i was using linked to my one drive account and i can't unlink it and i don't want the user to know it needs to be unlinked because they may delete or use my file content. I want to be able to remove a computer from my account ONLINE. Example (xbox, netflix) i can remove any systems i no longer want to grant access from my system or from my online account)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allocate personal space in a business account that cannot be seen by the Administrator

Microsoft allows a max of 50 GB of personal Onedrive without purchasing another office 365 licence. If you have a business account including the office products - you should be able to set aside or buy additional private storage space over 50 GB not controlled by the company for personal files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sharing Folder with Seciruty groups and get it shown in Shared Path

Please fix issue that doesn't show Share Folder with security Group.
    If I share a folder with security group that folder is not shown in the user account automatically. It works fine only i f i share with specidfci user!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I want a single set of shared folders across the whole company which I can invite users to under specific permissions.

I want a single set of folders relevant to my organisation which I can allow existing or new users to access. As people come in and out of my company I want to be able to fine-grained permissions to people about what they can/cant do with the folders and content.

I DONT want content to be assigned to specific people so that when they leave their content is obliterated. I want content to be assigned and shared to the company, not individuals who may be transient.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Share multiple files

Select multiple files (explorer and browser) and share the selected files all at once.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Save the shared file link to your account with a click rather than download

When someone shared a file link that opens up the file, there should be an option to "Add to OneDrive" rather than just Download the file or view online.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. tag

Unify photo tags and document properties (not currently visible). Unified search and tag/property management.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 8 10 12 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Feedback and Knowledge Base