OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve sharing and collaboration in OneDrive across all experiences??

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Make it less confusing when opening anonymous links while logged with business account

I have no hope explaining my users why when they create an anonymous sharing link and then try to open it just to make sue it works (while being logged in a browser with their Office 365 business account) it just doesn't work. They then think it is not working in general and then go to use WeTransfer, Dropbox, because OneDrive "doesn't work". I know that anonymous links should be opened with some generic guest user, but it should be handled more gracefully. Lately it become worse as the browser will remember your first try to open such link and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically connect to Favorite Sharepoint Document Libraries

OneDrive client for all platforms should automatically connect to all "favorited" SharePoint libraries or even better allow administrators to handle which libraries to sync via the client from the portal.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. email files to onedrive

it would be nice if there could be a feature... an email address that I could use so I could send files to my onedrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sharing with a can comment option

Please add the option to share a file or folder with the view settings but with an option that would allow me to toggle people adding comments. Google drive has this functionality and it's very useful when sharing files that require a technical background to edit but require feedback from non technical people.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pictures Folder Is A Convoluted Mess - Needs to respect origin and folders

Pictures come from a camera via my PC and from my phone. I organize folders on Android by the edit software I use. I organize photos on Windows by the subject. I can't make any sense out of how, let alone why, 1D merges and recombines the pictures and folders. Please, just have a folder for the source device, then folders under each device as they are on the device, and wtf is cameraroll all about?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to UNLINK computers from my account ONLINE.

I accidentally left a computer i was using linked to my one drive account and i can't unlink it and i don't want the user to know it needs to be unlinked because they may delete or use my file content. I want to be able to remove a computer from my account ONLINE. Example (xbox, netflix) i can remove any systems i no longer want to grant access from my system or from my online account)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Timestamp for media links and playlists

Core Functionality Requested:
    Enable share link URLs to specify time stamps for audio / video files.
    - allow by append ?t=<xxxxx> to a media URL link - where file will open and cue at the specified time
    - add "Copy link to current time" as rightclick option during web media playback

Nice-to-have-feature Add:
    - on selection of multiple media files in web interface, trigger option to "Build Playlist"
    - selected items are then listed in sidepanel, in the order they were selected
    - on creation of draft playlist, items on main panel are deselected
    - any item(s) selected now will…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allocate personal space in a business account that cannot be seen by the Administrator

Microsoft allows a max of 50 GB of personal Onedrive without purchasing another office 365 licence. If you have a business account including the office products - you should be able to set aside or buy additional private storage space over 50 GB not controlled by the company for personal files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sharing Folder with Seciruty groups and get it shown in Shared Path

Please fix issue that doesn't show Share Folder with security Group.
    If I share a folder with security group that folder is not shown in the user account automatically. It works fine only i f i share with specidfci user!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I want a single set of shared folders across the whole company which I can invite users to under specific permissions.

I want a single set of folders relevant to my organisation which I can allow existing or new users to access. As people come in and out of my company I want to be able to fine-grained permissions to people about what they can/cant do with the folders and content.

I DONT want content to be assigned to specific people so that when they leave their content is obliterated. I want content to be assigned and shared to the company, not individuals who may be transient.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Share multiple files

Select multiple files (explorer and browser) and share the selected files all at once.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Save the shared file link to your account with a click rather than download

When someone shared a file link that opens up the file, there should be an option to "Add to OneDrive" rather than just Download the file or view online.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a "SYNC NOW" icon / shortcut

This tech is supposed to be all about the cloud, in real time. I want to move from one device to the next in 2 mins and have confidence that every device has the current document version. The user needs to know when the sync has started / completed.
    Pls add a prominent shortcut icon to the header "area" that allows the user to manually start the sync process.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. tag

Unify photo tags and document properties (not currently visible). Unified search and tag/property management.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Move or Copy file with Version History between Shared folder and Own private folder even between sharepoint folder and normal account folder

Move or Copy file with Version History between Shared folder and Own private folder even between sharepoint folder and normal account folder
    and
    Show shared folder (accessible folder from other user) in same tree list separated by types [Sharepoint, Free, ...]

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Generate SHARE LINK in advance ahead of time like DropBox!

I hate the fact that oneDrive has to wait for the file to be uploaded before a link is ready to share. This forces people like me to WAIT till that upload is finish in order to generate a share link.

In many other Cloud Sharing solutions like DropBox, the flow is much better.

As soon as you add a file in the ShareFolder, a share link is ready to be copy-pasted right away and if the other party visits that link and the file isn't done uploaded yet, it simply tells the user that the file is still uploading.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have a Read only pop up for PDF Forms already in use

I currently share our many PDF forms and multiple people edit them on mobile devices. If two people have one file open, there’s no warning that data could be compromised. Whoever closes out the file last will have their edits saved. I would love to see a Read only notification when trying to access the form so that there’s no confusion. Much like how Excel will give you that same type of warning so you don’t end up with lost data.

Thanks for your consideration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Possibility to preset the view-option for shared folders (e.g. "Photo" for Picture Galeries)

It would be great, if you could preset the view-option for shared folders.
    So far, "List view" is automatically preset. But not only for photographers it would be great, if they could preset folders that only contain pictures to"Photo view".
    It would be sufficient, if the folder would "memorise" the last view that the owner has used.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More control sharing a folder

I've been working on shared folders with different teams on my company, but only my account can control permissions on the files uploaded in that shared folder even if the file was uploaded by another person. I think they would control if someone has permissions to edit or view a file if they want to, not depending from my account permissions.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow different levels of access to different files in a shared folder

If I share a folder, it would be nice to not have to give full edit access to every file or only view only to every file.

I want to be able to have the shared person to have edit access to some files and view only to the rest.

Trying to put view only on one file in the shared folder puts them to view only for every file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 9 11 13 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Feedback and Knowledge Base