OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Want to find any files and folders that are shared within their organization in each user’s OneDrive within their organization

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    各ユーザーの OneDrive 内で組織内で共有しているファイルやフォルダ一覧を抽出できるよう希望
    Want to find any files and folders that are shared within their organization in each user’s OneDrive within their organization

■Description(内容):
    現時点の SharePoint Online の標準機能では、管理者が各ユーザーの OneDrive 内で組織内で共有しているファイルやフォルダ一覧を抽出する方法が用意されていない。
    管理者ユーザーを各ユーザーの OneDrive の "管理者" ロールにあてることはできるが、1 ユーザーづつしか確認ができない。
    社内規定等の管理が煩雑となるため、GUI 上および 標準 PowerShell コマンドレットで実現できるよう希望する。
    In the current standard features for SharePoint Online, there is no feature or method by which administrators may fetch lists of files and folders that are shared within their organizations by each user’s OneDrive.
    We can assign an administrator to the “administration” role if each user’s OneDrive, but by this method, it is only possible…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. No download, only read by sharing

For my personal account, i would like to have the option to share a file with a link by that it is not possible to download a copy of the file. So sharing a audiofile, pdf document, video etc. whitoit the possibility for the reciever to download the content.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it possible to use the option [Browse notebooks] when adding a OneNote tab while restricting the use of OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 制限した状態でも Microsoft Teams の OneNote タブの追加時に [ノートブックの参照] を利用できるようにして欲しい。

Make it possible to use the option [Browse notebooks] when adding a OneNote tab while restricting the use of OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    運用上 OneDrive for Business の利用を制限している状態ですが、Microsoft Teams にて OneNote タブの追加時に [ノートブックの参照] が利用できない動作を確認している。
    SharePoint Online にて共有されている OneNote ファイルのタブを追加する際に OneNote ファイルの参照ができないと不便に感じます。
    OneDrive for Business を制限した状態でも Microsoft Teams の OneNote タブの追加時に [ノートブックの参照] を利用できるようにして欲しい。

We restrict the use of OneDrive for Business in our operation, and it is confirmed that we are not able to select the option [Browse notebooks] when adding a OneNote tab.
    It is…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 建议有回收站,不小心删除的文件,可以撤回,类似于百度网盘一样的

建议有回收站,不小心删除的文件,可以撤回,类似于百度网盘一样的

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Collaboration of Office 365 service and the third party service "ServiceMAX"

■Title(件名):
    他社製サービスとの連携機能について

Collaboration of Office 365 service and the third-party service "ServiceMAX"

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 と他社製サービスの "ServiceMAX" について、現時点では連携機能の用意がないため、機能の追加を希望します。

Currently we cannot perform collaboration work between Office 365 services and the third-party service “ServiceMax”. It will be great if we could have feature to work those two services together.

Thank you for your consideration.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Need to be able to organise One Drive shared files into own folders without losing shared editing access

I desperately need to be able to organise shared files into my own folders without losing the shared access or editing ability. Currently, with no way of doing this, all I have is an ever expanding list of hundreds of shared files that make it impossible to locate anything. It seems ridiculous that this was not thought of in the design of One Drive. Google Drive does this - why can't One Drive? At least at the moment, my company hasn't taken away our Google Drive access. This is probably going to happen at the end of the year, and…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow a person to belong to more than one onedrive account,

allow a user joe@abc.com to connect to multiple OneDrive accounts. I volunteer at multiple organizations, and each has a OneDrive account for me.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Restrict sharing items without permission in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business で共有相手が別ユーザーを共有できる動作について

Restrict sharing items without permission in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    現在、OneDrive for Business 内のフォルダーに対して、編集権限を付与し別ユーザーに共有した場合、共有されたユーザーがフォルダー内上部の [共有] リンクから、別ユーザーに共有リンクを送信できる動作となる。
    権限の管理が付与されていないユーザーが別ユーザーに共有リンクが送信できないよう機能の改善を希望します。

If I grant the edit permission to a folder in OneDrive for Business and share the folder with another user, the shared user will be able to share the folder with other users by sending the [Share] link from the folder.

For improvement of manageability, add an option to restrict users who have no right to manage permissions from sending a shared link to other users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make external users name anonymous while performing co-authoring in Excel file

■Title(件名):
    同時編集中の外部ユーザーを匿名にしたい

Make external users name anonymous while performing co-authoring in Excel file

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上の Excel ファイルを複数人の外部ユーザーがアクセスすると、それぞれのメール アドレスが作業者として表示されてしまう。
    外部ユーザー名を匿名にできるようにしてほしい。

When multiple external users access an Excel file on OneDrive for Business, their email address are automatically shown as workers.
    Please consider making external users’ names anonymous to improve the usability.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add option for anonymous sharing so that originator himself should be able to stay anonymous

Currently it seems to me that it is not possible for the originator of an anonymous file share to stay anonymous himself. The "Added" (by) folder information is still visible to everyone having the anonymous link.
    Thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Drag and Drop folders and files

Allow Drag and Drop folders and files from and to - Emails, Calendar & especially Teams.

The folders here address any folders (with security in mind), i.e. to avoid download files and then only share steps.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Xbox Upload issue

When uploading from Xbox captures, the Xbox says it was uploaded but it doesn't show up in my drive.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pictures Folder Is A Convoluted Mess - Needs to respect origin and folders

Pictures come from a camera via my PC and from my phone. I organize folders on Android by the edit software I use. I organize photos on Windows by the subject. I can't make any sense out of how, let alone why, 1D merges and recombines the pictures and folders. Please, just have a folder for the source device, then folders under each device as they are on the device, and wtf is cameraroll all about?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sharing options mismatch while sharing a One Drive file as a link from One Drive and Outlook

Repro Steps:

A. Open your tenant and open One Drive from the launcher menu.

B. Select any file and click on Share from the ribbon.
    C. In the "Send Link" dialogue box, click on "People in Microsoft with the link can edit".
    D. We have the following sharing options available.
    a. Anyone
    b. People in Microsoft
    c. People with existing access
    d. Specific People
    E. Choose "Specific People" and click "Apply".
    F. In "Enter a name or email address" , type an external email address such as hotmail.com or gmail.com.
    G. Click Send.
    H. When the user will receive an
    4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ubuntu Linux

I dual boot Ubuntu Linux and Windows. I would love to have access to my files in Linux.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow file download restrict when we share file links to another person. In short implement view-only feature

Whenever I share video files to another person they have download access. I want to prevent my files from the download implement this feature it will help me in sharing and protecting my valuable data that rests on your server.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Cannot receive alert emails when sharing items on OneDrive for Business via Outlook client

■Title(件名):
    Outlook クライアントより添付ファイル機能にて OneDrive for Business のアイテムを共有する際の動作について

Cannot receive alert emails when sharing items on OneDrive for Business via Outlook client

■Description(内容):
    Outlook クライアントより添付ファイル機能にて OneDrive for Business のアイテムを共有すると、匿名アクセス リンクでの共有となるため、共有先ユーザーからの再共有など通知を受け取ることができない。
    そのため、Outlook クライアントから OneDrive for Business のアイテムを共有した場合でも 所有者に通知を設定可能な機能を搭載してほしい。

We noticed that as we share items on OneDrive for Business from Outlook client by using file attachment feature, the items will be shared with anonymous access links. Because of that reason, we cannot receive the alert when the shared users share those items with another user.

Therefore, I hope the feature will be implemented that can send alert emails to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove un-synced library from explorer

I stopped syncing a shared document library but the folder remained in my file explorer.

Because the un-synced folder remained in explorer I accidentally deleted the other synced library, which deleted all of the files in the library. Removing the un-synced folder from explorer immediately would prevent this user error in the future.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. tag

Unify photo tags and document properties (not currently visible). Unified search and tag/property management.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Prevent the creation of a manually created folder in the root of the Tenant Client Synce Team sites

From the explorer view, and the root hierarchy of Team Site Sync'd data under the Tenant name. End-user are able to manually create a new folder and sub structure. This data does not get sync'd.

This results in data being resident to the device only, and not sync'd back.

If the same action is done from within a Team Site structure, the data is sync'd.

Need to understand how to limit/prevent users from creating this non-sync'd folder structure.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base