OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Sharing Folder with Seciruty groups and get it shown in Shared Path

Please fix issue that doesn't show Share Folder with security Group.
    If I share a folder with security group that folder is not shown in the user account automatically. It works fine only i f i share with specidfci user!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. user review access tools/wizard

It would be great to be able to review actual shared files with whom and then quickly be able to remove the shares or individuals that aren't revenant anymore.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want a single set of shared folders across the whole company which I can invite users to under specific permissions.

I want a single set of folders relevant to my organisation which I can allow existing or new users to access. As people come in and out of my company I want to be able to fine-grained permissions to people about what they can/cant do with the folders and content.

I DONT want content to be assigned to specific people so that when they leave their content is obliterated. I want content to be assigned and shared to the company, not individuals who may be transient.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share multiple files

Select multiple files (explorer and browser) and share the selected files all at once.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Save the shared file link to your account with a click rather than download

When someone shared a file link that opens up the file, there should be an option to "Add to OneDrive" rather than just Download the file or view online.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. tag

Unify photo tags and document properties (not currently visible). Unified search and tag/property management.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Move or Copy file with Version History between Shared folder and Own private folder even between sharepoint folder and normal account folder

Move or Copy file with Version History between Shared folder and Own private folder even between sharepoint folder and normal account folder
    and
    Show shared folder (accessible folder from other user) in same tree list separated by types [Sharepoint, Free, ...]

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have a Read only pop up for PDF Forms already in use

I currently share our many PDF forms and multiple people edit them on mobile devices. If two people have one file open, there’s no warning that data could be compromised. Whoever closes out the file last will have their edits saved. I would love to see a Read only notification when trying to access the form so that there’s no confusion. Much like how Excel will give you that same type of warning so you don’t end up with lost data.

Thanks for your consideration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Possibility to preset the view-option for shared folders (e.g. "Photo" for Picture Galeries)

It would be great, if you could preset the view-option for shared folders.
    So far, "List view" is automatically preset. But not only for photographers it would be great, if they could preset folders that only contain pictures to"Photo view".
    It would be sufficient, if the folder would "memorise" the last view that the owner has used.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More control sharing a folder

I've been working on shared folders with different teams on my company, but only my account can control permissions on the files uploaded in that shared folder even if the file was uploaded by another person. I think they would control if someone has permissions to edit or view a file if they want to, not depending from my account permissions.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. search functionality on links outside of organisation. This is already ab

Search Functionality on documents shared to a user outside of your organisation via web link.

Dropbox already have the facility to search over any folders shared in a specific link to a user outside of an organisation . This is extremely helpful when there is a large mount of data shared over multiple folder and sub folders including the OCR text within a PDF.
    Why does OneDrive not have this functionality?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow different levels of access to different files in a shared folder

If I share a folder, it would be nice to not have to give full edit access to every file or only view only to every file.

I want to be able to have the shared person to have edit access to some files and view only to the rest.

Trying to put view only on one file in the shared folder puts them to view only for every file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it possible to change the sharing settings on Local PC by using Batch file or .ps1 file

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    バッチ ファイルやスクリプトを使用してローカル PC 上で共有設定を変更できるようにしたい

Make it possible to change the sharing settings on Local PC by using Batch file or .ps1 file
    ■Description(内容):
    WEB の OneDrive for Business から共有を実施するのは手間がかかるため、ローカルにてバッチ ファイルや PS 1 ファイルを作成し、共有状態の解除や変更ができるようにして欲しい

As it takes time and effort to share items from OneDrive for Business on the web, for improvement of usability and manageability, please allow us to stop/change sharing by using Batch file or .ps1 file created locally.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Password Protect Folders

Allow the administrator the option to password protect certain folders in OneDrive to increase security.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow synchronizing folders on different devices

Link a folder on your desktop to a folder within OneDrive using 'mklink /j'
    So any changes within the folder on your HDD is synced with the OneDrive folder.

Now, I would like to have a folder on my laptop HDD synced with the OneDrive folder, so whatever I change on either device, it will be synced to the other thru OneDrive.

Probably not (yet) possible. That's to say, I haven't found a way to get this done.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Correct the behavior when editing the same file with multiple users in off-line environment.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    共同編集しているユーザーがオフライン中に更新した変更内容がオンライン時に上書きされる動作について

Correct the behavior when editing the same file with multiple users in off-line environment.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントを利用して、Excel 2016 で共同編集をしている。
    この時、共同編集中の複数のユーザーがオフライン環境で編集した内容がオンラインに切り替わった際にファイルに上書き保存されるが、後からオンラインになったユーザーの変更内容が上書き保存されてしまう。
    同一のセルを編集していた場合にも "マージされませんでした" といった競合に関するエラーが表示されず、そのまま上書きされてしまう。
    他の変更内容を上書きしないよう、共同編集時にもエラーが表示されるようにしてほしい。

Currently, we perform co-authoring in Excel 2016 by using OneDrive for Business sync client.
    At this time, when contents edited in an offline environment by multiple users under co-authoring are switched to online, they are overwritten and saved in the file. However, the problem we recognize is that the edited contents of the user who became online later will always overwrite the file. It will be overwritten without…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. External Sharing more permissive than SharePoint

We would really like to enable external sharing on OneDrive only but not SharePoint however OneDrive cannot be more permissive than SharePoint.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. OneDrive Personal Shared Folder Email Digest Summary

SUB-FOLDERS and FILES added by OTHER USERS in a FOLDER THAT I SHARED does not reflect in the notification email - only changes to existing files reflects in the summary.

Even though other users owner of the files - I am still the owner of the folder - and this qualifies as changes to this folder surely.

If anyone has a workaround in the interim then please inform - support says feature not supported.

ANOTHER ISSUE:

the subject of email says "... and 10 others edited your shared files"

the number appears to be the number of edits - not…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sharing with External Users

Sharing with External Users
    Share a file with 2 external people in OneDrive, a person with a guest account (A) and a person without a guest account (B)
    Message saying both user A and B are outside of your organization (good)
    Click copy link - shows error message: "You cannot create a secure link containing both people inside and outside of your organization." => hard to understand for a user
    Ideally, the OneDrive link should work, with a guest account for A and a guest account proposal for B.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Feedback and Knowledge Base