OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. OneDrive Sync to display why set to readonly

ODfB will set the Sync copy to ReadOnly if the Sharepoint document library settings for any one of Content Approval, Check Out, Draft Item Security, Mandatory Columns, Custom Views, Limited Lockdown Permissions or Permissions is incompatible with requirements. The ODfB client should display a checklist of the attributes that are required and indicate which one(s) are causing the ReadOnly setting to be set.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Photo Gallery

All the photo backup that we have on OneDrive, a more efficient photo gallery is required, which competes with Google photos or other similar tools. Make it quick, orderly.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Upload new version of a file without changing the shared link

I am trying to upload a new version of a training file on OneDrive, but it doesn't give me the option to upload the new version when I select the file. I wish to upload the new version such that it doesn't change the shared link, as I have shared it with multiple people. Box folders have this capability, so a lot of businesses have been choosing box over onedrive

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. All group libraries should be shown in the "shared libraries" list

Not just frequent and followed, but all libraries should be shown in the list. On the web, the left menu should show all libraries because it is more user friendly and it is an easier way to access it rather than through outlook or sharepoint

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Block Download setting

Currently the default block download setting is set to allow.

The default setting should be set to disabled, so it is less permissive, so users have to amend the setting if they want to enable download.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automatic upload

I think you should add the option to automatically upload any clip or a screenshot from Xbox to one drive without uploading them one by one

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. OneDrive Improvements for use in Law Firms. Accellion already has all these features.

Allow users the ability to view the audit logs for their own shared files.
    Show external users in the View Statistics pane.
    Add more consistent email notifications for downloads, etc.
    Ability to block download on users with Edit rights.
    Ability to set default link expiration for all links by Admin.
    Ability to adjust link expiration by users per link. Default expiration or less.
    Ability to adjust link expiration to anything or remove it for users with those given rights.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reduce the size of the "green tick" for synchronised files.

I find the size of the green check mark / tick and other icons used to verify file synchronisation, covers 3/4 of the Microsoft icon that indicates which program the file type is associated to. This makes it difficult to see at a glance what file type you are looking at. I have several documents across multiple Microsoft programs (and other programs too) that have the same or very similar file name. This check or tick or upload icon, makes it extremely difficult to see which file is which and you usually have to look at the "Type" column instead.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop automatically sharing Office Lens files

All files scanned with Office Lens are automatically shared with me. This could be hundets of files. There is no overwiew anymore in OneDrive and shared files. I want to disable automatically sharing for Office Lens. Actually I have to remove access file per file after scanning.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. search functionality on links outside of organisation. This is already ab

Search Functionality on documents shared to a user outside of your organisation via web link.

Dropbox already have the facility to search over any folders shared in a specific link to a user outside of an organisation . This is extremely helpful when there is a large mount of data shared over multiple folder and sub folders including the OCR text within a PDF.
    Why does OneDrive not have this functionality?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Timestamp for media links and playlists

Core Functionality Requested:
    Enable share link URLs to specify time stamps for audio / video files.
    - allow by append ?t=<xxxxx> to a media URL link - where file will open and cue at the specified time
    - add "Copy link to current time" as rightclick option during web media playback

Nice-to-have-feature Add:
    - on selection of multiple media files in web interface, trigger option to "Build Playlist"
    - selected items are then listed in sidepanel, in the order they were selected
    - on creation of draft playlist, items on main panel are deselected
    - any item(s) selected now will…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make shared folders visible for third party applications

Hey, me and my partner have little problem with sharing files that are meant to be used by third party app. The app uses OneDrive as a storage and we want to use one folder to share files and expand its content together. But in application folder is avaliable only on my account (as an owner). My partner on the other hand can't access the folder via mentioned application, but she can add content that I can access. So the problem is probably that she's not the owner of the folder and we can't set up 2 owners, so the…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. More free storage compared to Google Drive

Provide more free storage to be competitive with Google. They offer three times more storage. I would probably use Microsoft's products more if they didn't seem so stingy with storage. I guess it's better than Dropbox, I guess but that not saying much.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. OneDrive verification code emails

When sharing files or folders in OneDrive for Business with users who are outside our organization, several users report to us that they do not receive the verification code email after clicking the 'Open' button in the first email they received.

It would be nice if we could either retrieve the verification code for them or at least be able to confirm that the verification email was sent by message trace or audit log entry.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Multiple unique share links for a file

We would like the ability to create multiple randomized public download links for a single file. Each link can have its own separate password or link expiration.

This would allow you to control access to a file to individuals not a part of your organization through different links, instead of creating a single link with global permissions for everybody.

It also opens up the door for other features, such as limiting the number of downloads and notifying a user that a file has been downloaded while still being able to share with multiple people.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sharing excel file by embedding with disabling download link

I want to share an excel file by embedding links with the users with facility only to see and and edit the file but are not able to download file. I have tried it through onedrive embed facility, but users are able to download the file through open workbook online facility. However, while creating embed link on onedrive, onedrive asks whether to prevent downloading the file, but it is of no use, because the same link is always available on right hand side of the file when it is opened online by the user.
    It is requested to the team…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow same access options in File Request as in file sharing

File Request feature is fantastic and has been very much needed. Thank you for implementing this feature. However, when I test it out, I noticed that access privilege settings are not as granular as file shares. For example, in deciding who has the privilege to upload the files, I am given the option to copy the link or to email someone the link. The latter doesn't even send a separate email with access code (which happens when you share a file with an email address). I can see the more relaxed approach in requesting for files as those receiving the…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Skip sync for a given regex pattern.

There must be a possibility to provide some ignore patterns from syncing the folder.
    If there are folders named:

Documents, Folder1, tmp, Folder2/tmp etc.

then I would like to have a possibility to mark "tmp*" to ignore from being sync irrespective of location.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Searching for Access files

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Access ファイルの検索について
    Searching for Access files

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にアップロードした Access ファイルを日付で検索できるような機能を追加してほしい
    I would like a function whereby one can search for Access files that have been uploaded to OneDrive for Business by date.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the function to specify the sharing range

I would like to publish PowerPoint files saved on OneDrive on website created with WordPress, but not to allow viewers to copy or download my file.
    I would like to share the content, not the skill (e.g. how to create animations, )that is needed to creat the file.

So, I hope that OneDrive add a function to specify the sharing range if you publish files using embed code or shared link URL.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base