OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. If you have multiple shared OneDrives, allow more than one to sync to your mac

I support several small organisations with free subscriptions, and we sync files locally. However you can only sync one OneDrive onto the mac using the free account, or a personal account. That means mingling lies from different organisations into one folder to enable synching potentially - and I just don't like mixing different content - due diligence and all that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pasting links

I recently transitioned from Office personal to Office 365 business and migrated OneDrive over to business as well.

However, when I post links in places such as Facebook and LINE app, the file name is no longer included which is really frustrating. Is there any plan to include this functionality in the business version of OneDrive?

I've attached what happens when posting the same file in both OneDrive personal and business - as you can see, they are very different with the business version losing identifying information. :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Read only access at folder and file level -useful for accessing archived data

This is traditional database access idea so users or customers can view documents but can't ***** with carefully curated data on OneDrive - so no edits, updates, deletes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. One Drive sync problem on iPhone

I have One Drive app + Word app on my IPhone. Created doc on computer, saved in onedrive, shared for editing. Opened doc on iPhone word app edited doc. Edits not showing on onedrive app. Edits show on computer browser and iPhone Word app. It is like onedrive app not syncing. On email and other apps pulling the screen down generates a sync cycle. MS needs to add this feature to the onedrive app.
    This is a problem as when traveling on business i will review edits by team members on iPhone onedrive app if it doesn’t sync i will…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow OneDrive business to share and sync with OneDrive personal!

I have a project with 75 partners! Some have OneDrive personal. I cant share and sync with them. So i need to swtich to dropbox or googledrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Update the Files experience

In OD4B, in the Files section, please make the following change:

1. make the personal folders yellow, and make all shared folders blue. This will make the shared folders much easier to find.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. different accesses to folders under a main folder

It was not possible to differentiate access to different folders. Example: A main folder, which everyone has access to, then subfolders, to which a special group of people have access

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi, please make the Excel sheets on OneDrive less laggy. I feel like I'm on dial up sometimes when I try to open, save, or cross-reference

Should be a way for the sheets to locally reference each other while on the drive rather than having to save local copies and then figure out referenceable work arounds...it crashes my excel when I try to do even simple cross-references because it's on my computer, going into the cloud to reference and then pulling that information back down from the cloud; I've had entire workbooks corrupted and hours of work lost because of this short-sighted "solution."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Onedrive es el peor servicio en la nube, son Muy malos

Es un servicio pésimo mejor es Google Drive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Display in a table the email, date invite sent, access (r/w), and if user has accessed for ALL users... my list tops displays only 20

I love love love OneDrive- great work. Sharing is easy. But MANAGING the shared documents/notebooks etc. is a total fiasco. There is no tabular method to review and manage ALL of the emails. My sharing list tops out at about 20 people. Neither of the two options below allow me to see the name or email, the DATE SENT, if the person has used the link and I don't see any place to see everybody in a single table. I am sharing with about 80 people total as View and 6 Edit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Microsoft Access compatible with onedrive

MS Access files just don't work well when hosted on a onedrive folder, there should be a better way to handle them on a shared environment without having to deal with hosting on a server or the dreaded sharepoint services. We shouldn't need to use a dedicated server for a database that's under 50 megs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Include OCR data in scanned PDFs

Run OCR on any PDFs that have been added to OneDrive and make any text that it finds searchable. I know this is done for documents that have been added via the Lens app, but it would be useful for all documents in OneDrive, e.g. those that have been added from a scanner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sharing OneDrive for Business items from the Modern UI

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のモダン UI からの共有について

Sharing OneDrive for Business items from the Modern UI
    ■Description(内容):
    MC165027 の適応に伴い、モダン UI から共有の際に、権限の詳細設定の画面に遷移することができなくなり、アイテムに対して固有の権限の設定や削除が行えない。
    詳細設定の画面へ遷移を可能するか、同様の設定項目の追加を希望します。

After MC165027 was applied, users became unable to grant or delete unique permissions to items when sharing items via the Modern UI because currently they cannot navigate to the advanced settings page for permissions.
    For improvement of usability and manageability, allow navigating to the advanced setting page or granting/deleting unique permissions without going anywhere.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. assign a printer to one drive, allow remote printing to networks via onedrive

Allow user to set up a designated printer at work network that I can send print to from home.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to email and text people when sharing files

Was thinking it be great to have the ability to not just email shared content with participants, but also to text them. I am using remind and constant contact. My open rate on texting people vs emailing people to respond on shared files is so much higher. I think people respond best to text than email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Let me open documents in the source application instead of online application.

Documents that always open in the online application are frustrating, especially if it is a Word template that I simply want to use, not edit. Online does not allow me to just use it, it actually opens the template in editing mode. NOT GOOD.
    Allow me to decide how I want documents to open; online app or source app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Shared folder name synced to computer

When I sync down the shared folders, a separate folder is created for each folder that is shared by the owner and with the name changed. We received multiple requests from our users that its confusing and would help to have a single folder created for the user who shared and all folders shared by that person will be in there.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. File Notification

Said a few times here in different ways, but basically... the owner of the onedrive gets an email notification if a file is uploaded or downloaded.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow image hosting for sites like amazon and ebay using a url+filename to make automation easy.

Allow image hosting for sites like amazon and ebay using a url+filename to make automation easy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Extending B2B SharePoint Library Content Sync to Non-O365 Organizations (or) Users

Hello Team,

It is great that Microsoft has introduced the B2B sync for recipients from O365 account holders. It would be great if this can be extended to any External User - like the users from Microsoft Account (gmail.com, outlook.com domain users) that are not on O365/Azure AD.

Thanks & Regards,
    Bhanu

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration