OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Shared With Me view should show files / folders shared from other organizations

Shared With Me only shows files shared by colleagues within an organization. If files are shared from another organize they don't show up under the "Shared With Me" view. The only way to access files shared from another organization is to know the direct URL.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share OneDrive files with anonymous links

Hi

It has been suggested that I put this feature request here (see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onedrivefb-mso_other-mso_o365b/share-onedrive-files-with-anonymous-links/79927f8c-3fae-4f85-a148-aec5de4122bc?tm=1534884711990)

I have not been able to find a solution to anonymously share files we store on our company's OneDrive with the rest of the world.

I find it very problematic that the generated links always contain a reference to the user who is sharing the file.

This is problematic as, if we know who we share the file with in first instance, we haven't got the slightest clue who the file might be shared with further on...

I would expect a similar behavior as on…

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement the feature to enable next sync client to share with external users.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):次世代同期クライアントでの外部ユーザーとの同期機能について

Implement the feature to enable next sync client to share with external users.
    -------
    ■Description_JP (内容):次世代同期クライアントでの外部ユーザーとの同期機能について、実装を希望。 

I hope that OneDrive for Business's feature will enable the next generation sync client to synchronize with external users.
    -----

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add default sharing option - People with existing access

Currently we can not set a default sharing option to be People with exisiting access. Please enable this (sharepoint/onedrive).

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Additional information (apart from name) on sharing

We have a Problem on sharing documents with others.While entering a name in sharing page, some suggestions comes up.

The problem is, that some people are named the same. For example some people are called Thomas Müller. On sharing all of them are mentioned and it isn't possible to see, which entry it the right one.

It would be nice, if a user can see department or something else from Active Directory on sharing suggestion.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adding Shared Files/Folders to OneDrive for Business

We would like to have the ability to "add to OneDrive" for shared files on OneDrive for Business accounts, not just OneDrive personal.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Prevent shared PDF files from being downloaded

Blocking the Download for Office Documents works great.
    But it is still possible to download PDF Files

This would be great !

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Integrating SharePoint and OneDrive with Autodesk Revit

We are construction company and I'm extremely happy to see one step in the right direction that Microsoft Office 365 is integrating with DWG.. but both MS and Autodesk already knows that AEC industry is moving towards BIM and they should go ahead and attach A360 viewer like thing with SharePoint. As a large partner of MS as a construction company we will really like to see that MS is doing thing in this direction which will increase our usage of platform which in turn benefits all of us.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sharing status in onedrive for business

Weather we share files with internal or external users, sharing status shows only "Shared". It would be helpful, If it shows sharing type with text or any other visual indicator.

The same status visual indicator in "shared by me" page and in windows explorer icon would help reviewing all my external access.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow us to set expire date of sharing for any types of links

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の、共有時の有効期限設定について
    Allow us to set expire date of sharing for any types of links

■Description(内容):
    すべてのユーザー" で共有した際に有効期限を設定することが可能だが、 "あなたの組織のユーザー" や "特定のユーザー" を選択して、社内のユーザーと共有する際、期限を設定できないため、機能の追加を希望。

We are able to set expiry date for sharing with “Anyone with the link”, but this setting is not available for “Only people in your organization” or “Specific people” links.

To improve security for sharing working in OneDrive for Business, please allow us to set expiry date for the sharing links with “Only people in your organization” or “Specific people” also.

Thank you for your considerations.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow users to change OneDrive for Business sync folder name freely.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business 同期フォルダーの名称変更について

Allow users to change OneDrive for Business sync folder name freely.
    -------
    ■Description_JP (内容):OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントを利用した際に、同期フォルダーの名称が既定で 「OneDrive - 会社名」 となっており、変更できない。「会社名」 部分を変更するためには Office 365 に登録している会社名を変更しなければならず、ユーザーが自由に同期フォルダーの名称を変更できるようにして欲しい。 

When I use OneDrive for Business sync client, I am unable to change a sync folder due to its default name of "OneDrive - Company".

I hope users to modify liberally a sync folder name because I need to change the company name registered in Office 365 in order to make a change for the part of "Company".

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. change the order of albums

I like the various sort order options within OneDrive folders (name, date modified, date created, size, custom). At the time of their introduction (Jan 2015), OneDrive albums do not seem to have these options. Please add them.

The ability to create custom sort orders is particularly important for photo albums (even more than for folders). Frankly, I just use a different platform for sharing photo albums today due to the gaps like this - it's close, but not close enough :(

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Prevent shared file to be deleted by other users

When sharing a file from OneDrive for Business, users with edit permission can delete the file. They can open the document, click the top left breadcrumb to access the user's OneDrive where they can delete the file. I understand that technically, sharing creates a sharepoint permission etc... However from a user point of view, this doesn't make sense. You don't share a document from your OneDrive in the intend to let other people delete it. In an O365 group I understand but from it's personal space ? I have already multiple cases of people deleting someone else file and it…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display items shared with a group in [Shared with Me]

■Title(件名):
    グループ共有を行った場合でも [自分と共有] にアイテムを表示する機能の追加希望

Display items shared with a group in [Shared with Me]
    ■Description(内容):
    グループで共有設定を行った場合には、[自分と共有] に対象のアイテムが表示されない動作を確認している。
    [自分と共有] に表示させるために各ユーザー毎に共有設定を行うのは、手間と時間がかかり不便に感じます。
    使いやすく、効率よく作業できるよう、グループ共有を行った場合でも [自分と共有] にアイテムを表示する機能の追加して欲しい。

I have confirmed the behavior that when an item was shared by a group, that item will not be show in [Shared with Me].
    To make sure display that file in [Shared with Me], it will take time and effort because it requires us to share the file with each user.

For improvement of usability and efficiency of work, it will be nice if items could be displayed in [Shared with Me] even though…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add albums shared with me to my album list

When someone shares an album with me, it only appears in the "Shared with me" area of OneDrive, among other things this person shared, like folders and files.

I think those shared albums should stay among my own albums, in the Photos area of OneDrive.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stop further sharing of file/document/folder

As per my understanding when I share the file/document/folder with one user, that specific user can also further share the same file/document/folder with other users. It would be better if we can have this kind of functionality that when shared with any user, there would be an option that would allow user to restrict any further sharing with other users.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Upload-only shared folder

In the function or ACL in the box, I heard that "Upload only folder" is more popular as a better point than OneDrive.

Educational institutions have many requests. It is very nice that when the faculty receives the reports from many students, the submitter is upload without reading other's reports.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Access Request Settings on file or folder level

A User can configure his OneDrive so items cannot be reshared by the recipients of a file / folder or that Access Requests are being sent to an owner if they Arbe being reshared, see https://www.sharepointusecases.com/2014/11/managing-sharing-access-requests-sharepoint-site/

Unfortunately, this Setting can only be configured for a user's whole OneDrive, even if only a few files need this extra Level of security. Please make it possible to make this Settings for particular files or Folders.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Share links dangerously default to view and edit

Copied wholesale from another link as it appears to be archived:
    https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive-archive/suggestions/15445719-share-links-dangerously-default-to-view-and-edit

File sharing currently defaults to creating a link with both view AND edit permissions. This link is retained, without any indication to the user, even when the user deselects the allow edit permissions box.

This is a VERY dangerous security flaw because some search engines are capable of discovering these links by brute force. I had one of my excel files completely *nuked* by an anonymous rando that had found the view+edit link that I never knew had been created (even though I only ever explicitly shared a…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Don't display path to shared folder (all parent folders are visible)

When sharing a folder, anyone can see the whole file path to that shared folder.
    E.g. Files/Shared/.../.../SharedFolder

There is no privacy if every user with the link can see my drive structure.
    I know that they cannot access or see the other files or folders but I am very concerned about all people clicking through my folder tree.

In Google Drive for example, only the Name of the shared folder and the tree for the sub folders of said shared folder is displayed, not all the parent folders like in OneDrive.

This is a huge no-go!

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories