OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve sharing and collaboration in OneDrive across all experiences??

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Unable to change the external sharing in OneDrive admin Center via Safari

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Safari から OneDrive 管理センターの外部共有を変更できない

Unable to change the external sharing in OneDrive admin Center via Safari
    ■Description(内容):
    Mac OS や iOS からブラウザーの Safari で Office 365 へアクセスした際に、OneDrive 管理センターの外部共有が設定できない。
    外部共有できるユーザーの範囲を指定する項目にて、変更する際の上下のバーが表示されず、設定を変更できない。
    他のブラウザーでは問題なく変更が可能なため、Safari でも早急な改善を希望する。

Currently it is not possible to set the external sharing in OneDrive admin center via Mac OS/iOS Safari normally.
    Even though admins tried to select a specific OneDrive user, the upper and lower bars displayed when selecting the OneDrive user are not switched correctly and the admins cannot select the user.

they cannot select the OneDrive user from the left pane because the pane…

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • "Shared By Me" in OneDrive for Business

It would be good if you could easily identify who has shared access to a file or folder.

I would really like to see the a list of files that I have shared on OneDrive for Business. Please add a “Shared’ folder.

We need a “Shared” view in OneDrive for Business similar to how OneDrive personal has.

76 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Implement the feature to enable next sync client to share with external users.

■Title(件名):次世代同期クライアントでの外部ユーザーとの同期機能について

Implement the feature to enable next sync client to share with external users.
        -------
        ■Description_JP (内容):次世代同期クライアントでの外部ユーザーとの同期機能について、実装を希望。 

I hope that OneDrive for Business's feature will enable the next generation sync client to synchronize with external users.
        -----

46 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Additional information (apart from name) on sharing

We have a Problem on sharing documents with others.While entering a name in sharing page, some suggestions comes up.

The problem is, that some people are named the same. For example some people are called Thomas Müller. On sharing all of them are mentioned and it isn't possible to see, which entry it the right one.

It would be nice, if a user can see department or something else from Active Directory on sharing suggestion.

32 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Shared With Me view should show files / folders shared from other organizations

Shared With Me only shows files shared by colleagues within an organization. If files are shared from another organize they don't show up under the "Shared With Me" view. The only way to access files shared from another organization is to know the direct URL.

27 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Access Request Settings on file or folder level

A User can configure his OneDrive so items cannot be reshared by the recipients of a file / folder or that Access Requests are being sent to an owner if they Arbe being reshared, see https://www.sharepointusecases.com/2014/11/managing-sharing-access-requests-sharepoint-site/

Unfortunately, this Setting can only be configured for a user's whole OneDrive, even if only a few files need this extra Level of security. Please make it possible to make this Settings for particular files or Folders.

25 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Prevent shared file to be deleted by other users

When sharing a file from OneDrive for Business, users with edit permission can delete the file. They can open the document, click the top left breadcrumb to access the user's OneDrive where they can delete the file. I understand that technically, sharing creates a sharepoint permission etc... However from a user point of view, this doesn't make sense. You don't share a document from your OneDrive in the intend to let other people delete it. In an O365 group I understand but from it's personal space ? I have already multiple cases of people deleting someone else file and it…

22 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Sharing status in onedrive for business

Weather we share files with internal or external users, sharing status shows only "Shared". It would be helpful, If it shows sharing type with text or any other visual indicator.

The same status visual indicator in "shared by me" page and in windows explorer icon would help reviewing all my external access.

21 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Add default sharing option - People with existing access

Currently we can not set a default sharing option to be People with exisiting access. Please enable this (sharepoint/onedrive).

21 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Expand the feature of Multi-GEO

■Title(件名):
                      Multi-Geo機能にて JPN から EUR に変更したユーザーの OneDrive for Business で、コンテンツ検索の検索結果プレビューが行えない。

Expand the feature of Multi-GEO
                      ■Description(内容):
                      Multi-Geo機能にて JPN から EUR に変更したユーザーの OneDrive for Business に対してコンテンツ検索を行い、検索結果プレビューを行おうとしたが、エラーが表示され行えない。
                      調査の結果、Exchange Online のテナントが日本のデータセンターに存在する場合、今回の操作は現在サポートされていないと確認した。
                      Exchange Online のテナントが日本のデータセンターに存在する場合でも、検索結果プレビューが行えるように機能の追加をしてほしい。

We would like to inform you about the problem we are facing after we have changed the region of OneDrive for Business contents from JPN to EUR by using Multi-GEO. We are now receiving an error when attempting contents search to OneDrive for Business, and the search result preview cannot be displayed.

As we investigated this problem, we found out that the action we were…

20 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Shared Family folder

I really miss a common Family folder from O365 Home, where we could put all contents, warranty papers, service contracts, invoices, photos etc, that we would like to share with all (and only) family members, without going through the standard share process every time or using a public link. I wouldn't mind if this would cost in reducing the private storage space.

18 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Stop further sharing of file/document/folder

As per my understanding when I share the file/document/folder with one user, that specific user can also further share the same file/document/folder with other users. It would be better if we can have this kind of functionality that when shared with any user, there would be an option that would allow user to restrict any further sharing with other users.

17 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Display items shared with a group in [Shared with Me]

■Title(件名):
                            グループ共有を行った場合でも [自分と共有] にアイテムを表示する機能の追加希望

Display items shared with a group in [Shared with Me]
                            ■Description(内容):
                            グループで共有設定を行った場合には、[自分と共有] に対象のアイテムが表示されない動作を確認している。
                            [自分と共有] に表示させるために各ユーザー毎に共有設定を行うのは、手間と時間がかかり不便に感じます。
                            使いやすく、効率よく作業できるよう、グループ共有を行った場合でも [自分と共有] にアイテムを表示する機能の追加して欲しい。

I have confirmed the behavior that when an item was shared by a group, that item will not be show in [Shared with Me].
                            To make sure display that file in [Shared with Me], it will take time and effort because it requires us to share the file with each user.

For improvement of usability and efficiency of work, it will be nice if items could be displayed in [Shared with Me] even though…

17 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Adding Shared Files/Folders to OneDrive for Business

We would like to have the ability to "add to OneDrive" for shared files on OneDrive for Business accounts, not just OneDrive personal.

16 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • change the order of albums

I like the various sort order options within OneDrive folders (name, date modified, date created, size, custom). At the time of their introduction (Jan 2015), OneDrive albums do not seem to have these options. Please add them.

The ability to create custom sort orders is particularly important for photo albums (even more than for folders). Frankly, I just use a different platform for sharing photo albums today due to the gaps like this - it's close, but not close enough :(

15 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Provide the feature that allows syncing only on specific PCs without joining those PCs to specific domains

■Title(件名):
                                  ドメイン管理を行っていない環境で、特定の端末のみ同期を許可する機能の実装について。

Provide the feature that allows syncing only on specific PCs without joining those PCs to specific domains
                                  ■Description(内容):
                                  一部の PC 端末のみ、同期を許可する設定を行う場合、OneDrive 管理センター内の [同期] から、 "指定のドメインに参加している PC 上でのみ同期を許可する" にて、ドメインに参加した PC のみ、同期を許可することが可能。
                                  ドメイン管理が行えない環境にて、同様に特定の端末の同期を許可したいが、現時点では機能がないことを確認。
                                  そのため、ドメイン管理が行えない環境でも、特定の端末のみ同期を許可し、他の端末は同期が行えないよう制御できる機能の実装をお願いいたします。

To make sure that users sync OneDrive files only on some specific PCs, you can configurate OneDrive to sync only on PCs that are joined to the specific domains by selecting “Allow syncing only on computers joined to specific domains” options from [Sync] in OneDrive Admin center.

We would like to allow only specific PCs to sync in case we are not…

15 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Allow us to fix Excel files as “read only” when using sync client of OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
                                    OneDrive for Business の同期クライアント利用時に Excel ファイルを読み取り専用に固定する機能の実装希望
                                    Allow us to fix Excel files as “read only” when using sync client of OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
                                    現時点での動作では OneDrive for Business の同期クライアント利用時に Excel ファイルを完全に読み取り専用にすることが出来ない。チェックアウトを行うことで読み取り専用とすることが可能だが、頻繁に編集を行うファイルの場合は、工数が多くかかり運用に適していない。以前は読み取り専用での利用ができていたため、読み取り専用に固定し利用ができるよう機能拡充を希望します。

When we use sync client of OneDrive for Business, not all the Excel files will be “read only”.

Check out feature is able to make files as read only, but it takes a lot of time and increased workload to use this feature for the file we use frequently.

Formerly files became “read only” when multiple users open the one file, so we would…

13 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Correct the behavior of the slider of External sharing setting in OneDrive admin center

■Title(件名):
                                      OneDrive 管理センターの外部共有の設定が反映しないため、修正してほしい。

Correct the behavior of the slider of External sharing setting in OneDrive admin center
                                      ■Description(内容):
                                      OneDrive 管理センター> [共有] >[外部共有] の設定で、共有レベルのスライドバーを変更して保存すると、更新中のまま正常に変更されないため、修正してほしい。

Even though we open OneDrive Admin Center> [Sharing] Tab > [External Sharing] and move the sliders to the settings we want and save it, the settings remain in the status being updating and do not change normally.

For improvement of usability, we hope you to correct this behavior so that we can adjust the settings of sharing level as desired.

Thank you for your consideration.

13 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Sync App for Linux

It would be awesome to have a native OneDrive sync for supported Linux distros.

12 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Allow users to change OneDrive for Business sync folder name freely.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business 同期フォルダーの名称変更について

Allow users to change OneDrive for Business sync folder name freely.
                                          -------
                                          ■Description_JP (内容):OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントを利用した際に、同期フォルダーの名称が既定で 「OneDrive - 会社名」 となっており、変更できない。「会社名」 部分を変更するためには Office 365 に登録している会社名を変更しなければならず、ユーザーが自由に同期フォルダーの名称を変更できるようにして欲しい。 

When I use OneDrive for Business sync client, I am unable to change a sync folder due to its default name of "OneDrive - Company".

I hope users to modify liberally a sync folder name because I need to change the company name registered in Office 365 in order to make a change for the part of "Company".

11 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Feedback and Knowledge Base