OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Sharing Notifications and more!

The overdrive app literally does not need access to “allow notifications.” There’s never a notification popping up as a banner or Lock Screen at all. Nothing for sharing, or when someone opens a file you shared with them, none of that. You need both push and email notifications. ALSO, add notifications if someone edits a pdf that you shared with them!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. when unsyncing from one drive, give the person the choice whether to delete from computer or one drive

currently laptops are set up automatically syncing whether we like it or not, and whether we know/understand or not. Then when you select files/folders you dont want to sync, it automatically deletes them from the pc/laptop, keeping them on the cloud, instead of giving customers the choice where to keep them. I would like to un-sync and leave the files on my laptop.

Also, this option needs to be an separate opt in checkbox - not forcing anyone who wishes to take the time to provide feedback with being spammed as a result "and to notify me about product updates"

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. when unsyncing from one drive, give the person the choice whether to delete from computer or one drive

currently laptops are set up automatically syncing whether we like it or not, and whether we know/understand or not. Then when you select files/folders you dont want to sync, it automatically deletes them from the pc/laptop, keeping them on the cloud, instead of giving customers the choice where to keep them. I would like to un-sync and leave the files on my laptop.

Also, this option needs to be an separate opt in checkbox - not forcing anyone who wishes to take the time to provide feedback with being spammed as a result "and to notify me about product updates"

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. filter shared by

It is great that we now can list all files that I have shared, or someone has shared with me. We can sort and group that list by file name, date and who shared it.

What I suggest is that we also could sort/filter this list by location, i.e. the URL or site name.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Replace documents such as PDF with a new version but keep the same shared links

The ability to be able to replace any document with an updated version without having to replace previosuly shared links should be way at the top of the priority list. Google Drive has provided this functionality for years and I'm absolutely astounded that this isn't supported by OneDrive. Time to step into the 21st Centruy Microsoft!!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to show folders that are not being synced on my pc or device.

Be able to show folders that are not being synced on my pc or device.
    So we know that perhaps something is missing in a sync.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Correct the behavior when editing the same file with multiple users in off-line environment.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    共同編集しているユーザーがオフライン中に更新した変更内容がオンライン時に上書きされる動作について

Correct the behavior when editing the same file with multiple users in off-line environment.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントを利用して、Excel 2016 で共同編集をしている。
    この時、共同編集中の複数のユーザーがオフライン環境で編集した内容がオンラインに切り替わった際にファイルに上書き保存されるが、後からオンラインになったユーザーの変更内容が上書き保存されてしまう。
    同一のセルを編集していた場合にも "マージされませんでした" といった競合に関するエラーが表示されず、そのまま上書きされてしまう。
    他の変更内容を上書きしないよう、共同編集時にもエラーが表示されるようにしてほしい。

Currently, we perform co-authoring in Excel 2016 by using OneDrive for Business sync client.
    At this time, when contents edited in an offline environment by multiple users under co-authoring are switched to online, they are overwritten and saved in the file. However, the problem we recognize is that the edited contents of the user who became online later will always overwrite the file. It will be overwritten without any…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make it possible to change the sharing settings on Local PC by using Batch file or .ps1 file

■Title(件名):
    バッチ ファイルやスクリプトを使用してローカル PC 上で共有設定を変更できるようにしたい

Make it possible to change the sharing settings on Local PC by using Batch file or .ps1 file

■Description(内容):
    WEB の OneDrive for Business から共有を実施するのは手間がかかるため、ローカルにてバッチ ファイルや PS 1 ファイルを作成し、共有状態の解除や変更ができるようにして欲しい

As it takes time and effort to share items from OneDrive for Business on the web, for improvement of usability and manageability, please allow us to stop/change sharing by using Batch file or .ps1 file created locally.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow synchronizing folders on different devices

Link a folder on your desktop to a folder within OneDrive using 'mklink /j'
    So any changes within the folder on your HDD is synced with the OneDrive folder.

Now, I would like to have a folder on my laptop HDD synced with the OneDrive folder, so whatever I change on either device, it will be synced to the other thru OneDrive.

Probably not (yet) possible. That's to say, I haven't found a way to get this done.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include 'Shared With Me' folder in Office Apps 'Open' file menu.

When using the 'Open' feature of the file menu in all Office apps it would be very useful to be able to see the 'Shared With Me' folder as well as my personal OneDrive for Business 'Files' folder.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need an option to lock sharing and editing option temporarily for about one or two hour without notifying others

Hi,
    I'm sharing a file at onedrive for editing by multiple user at a time. But is there any option to lock sharing and editing option temporarily for about one or two hour without notifying others? if so how can i do this?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OneDrive Personal Shared Folder Email Digest Summary

SUB-FOLDERS and FILES added by OTHER USERS in a FOLDER THAT I SHARED does not reflect in the notification email - only changes to existing files reflects in the summary.

Even though other users owner of the files - I am still the owner of the folder - and this qualifies as changes to this folder surely.

If anyone has a workaround in the interim then please inform - support says feature not supported.

ANOTHER ISSUE:

the subject of email says "... and 10 others edited your shared files"

the number appears to be the number of edits - not…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. File Notification

Said a few times here in different ways, but basically... the owner of the onedrive gets an email notification if a file is uploaded or downloaded.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. nest shared folders just like google drive - the separate shared folders are insane for pc syncing and continuity of data filing

nest shared folders just like google drive - the separate shared folders are insane for pc syncing and continuity of data filing.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Share files from Personal Onedrive to Business Onedrive and the files should appear in 'Shared With Me' folder

Share files from Personal Onedrive to Business Onedrive and the files should appear in 'Shared With Me' folder

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. outlook

I have several customers who have asked to be able to set an expiration date on a cloud attachment when sending through Outlook. Currently, a sharing expiration date can only be set from OneDrive on the web or OneDrive on Windows.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Correct the behavior when co-authoring Word files in both Word Online and Word 2013 Client at the same time

■Title(件名):
    Word 2013 クライアントの共同編集中のユーザーの表示について

Correct the behavior when co-authoring Word files in both Word Online and Word 2013 Client at the same time

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business に保存している Word ファイルを、Word Online と Word 2013 クライアントで同時に編集をすると、Word 2013 クライアントの共同編集中のユーザーの表示に、同一の Office 365 アカウントが複数表示される事象を改善してほしい。

When co-authoring a Word file saved in OneDrive for Business in both Word Online and Word 2013 Client at the same time, multiple same Office 365 accounts are displayed on the section of co-authoring users in Word 2013 Client.

Therefore, I hope you to correct this behavior mentioned above so that users using Word 2013 Client will…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base