OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Hide the sharing information of items from external users.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    共有先の外部ユーザーに共有情報を見せない機能を追加してほしい。

Hide the sharing information of items from external users.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムを外部ユーザーに共有すると、共有先の外部ユーザーから共有情報 (他の誰に共有されているか) が見えてしまう。
    共有情報を非表示にする機能を追加してほしい。

When sharing items on OneDrive for Business with external users, they can see the sharing information (of other users who are shared the items) which we don’t want them to.

In order to manage items properly, I hope the feature to be implemented to hide the sharing information of items.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow saving Office files on another user’s OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    他のユーザーの OneDrive for Business に Office ファイルを名前を付けて保存する機能について

Allow saving Office files on another user’s OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    Office アプリで編集したファイルを名前を付けて保存する際に、自分以外のユーザーの OneDrive for Business を指定することができない。
    他のユーザーから共有されている OneDrive for Business 上の Office ファイルを、名前を変更して保存する際にも保存先として選択できないため、共有ユーザーの OneDrive for Business 上にファイルを保存できるようにしてほしい。

When I name and save the files edited by Office apps, it is not possible to specify other users’ OneDrive for Business as the saving destination.
    I feel the inconvenience because I cannot specify the other user’s OneDrive for Business as the saving destination when I want to rename and save the files which shared by other users.

Therefore, I hope…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Predefined Periodic Activation of OneDrive Link

It is good that you have included expiry date for the shared link as premium feature. it will be more useful if the link get activated for a predefined specific period of the time. for example, first 10 days of every month.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable recipients to allow sharing of files

When sharing files with specific users, allow those users to share the file with others (similar to sharing option for PowerBI Dashboards).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Autoreply or Sunset Announcement on OneDrive

When an employee leaves a company, oftentimes the employee, manager, or IT department will add an "autoreply" on the person's email box. This will notify anyone sending messages to that mailbox of the situation. With OneDrive, it would be nice to have some similar functionality such as a banner across the top of the page that could be implemented easily by employee, manager or IT staff. Example: "Sorry, so-and-so is no longer with the company, please contact XYZ, and be aware that this OneDrive will be deleted in X days."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display the error message instead of the message “Loading OneDrive accounts” when clicking [Share] button

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business を利用していない場合にも、[共有] ボタンを押すと "OneDrive アカウントを読み込んでいます" と表示される。

Display the error message instead of the message “Loading OneDrive accounts” when clicking [Share] button

■Description(内容):
    Office 2016 を利用する際に、OneDrive for Business を利用していないにも関わらず、[ファイル] - [共有] より [サインイン] をクリックした場合に "OneDrive アカウントを読み込んでいます" と表示され続けます。
    本動作はエンドユーザーにとって混乱を招く動作であり、情報が漏洩する不安を与える動作となります。
    実際に OneDrive for Business にアクセスができないとしても、セキュリティが確保されていることが確認できず、ユーザーによってはデータが転送されていると認識してしまい、管理者に問い合わせがあり業務がひっ迫します。
    本機能によって接続ができない場合はエラーがでるように改善、もしくは管理者側で非表示とできる機能の提供を強く要望いたします。

When using Office 2016, if a user clicked [File]-[Share]-[Sign-in], the message “Loading OneDrive accounts” keep displaying on the screen even though the user does not use his/her OneDrive for Business. This behavior might confuse the users and give them anxiety about information leakage.
    Even though there is no capability to access…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto collect photos from shared album

I have O365 and use OneDrive to store and share photos with friends also have O365. It is very painful to download the photos from my friend's OneDrive and upload them to my own OneDrive. Can we have a auto collect photo feature. Instead of downloading, one can auto collect photos or album from friend's shared albums. Thx!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm sure this has been suggested many times, but i'll just add my voice to the chorus

I'm sure this has been suggested many times, but i'll just add my voice to the chorus anyway. We'd like to see a "no share" option with OneDrive. Keep all the existing sharing features, but add a simple storage-only option. Most people don't need to share (at least at our company), but do need the cloud storage (it makes replacing PC's A LOT easier). Any chance we'll see this in the near future? Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. support Chrome

support the Chrome browser - it's not currently supported with OneDrive functions like the install piece!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add telephone support

that's right - actual support for us paying customers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. photo

Shared photos don't seem to be searchable.

I have shared a small folder with a family member, she opened the link and can now view those files. All is well, to a point.
    I use Lightroom 6 and tagging for the photos. The tags are uploaded to Onedrive and I can see the tags online in the information of the files.
    On my own account on a separate computer, the files are syncronized to that onedrive folder, but the tags to not accompany the photos.

Back to the shared folder - the other user can search their own folders and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive Share Feature

For each single option of Share for a file or folder, adding:
    - Expiry date (actually on Anyone only)
    - Allow Editing (actually on Anyone/People in org/Specific People)
    - One Time Password (actually on Specific People only)
    - Allow link forward (non-existent on any options)

Those above would give more control on the share facility
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A OneDrive folder you can not share files from

We would like to shed my on premise file storage and have all our users use OneDrive for Business. We would like to have a folder created in everyone's OneDrive that they can not accidentally share files from consider it a "safe' folder. The user would have to deliberately move the document out of the "Safe" folder to another area or folder before they could share it .

This "Safe" folder would be added protection to prevent theaccidental/unintentional sharing trade secrets, personal information, etc...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. different accesses to folders under a main folder

It was not possible to differentiate access to different folders. Example: A main folder, which everyone has access to, then subfolders, to which a special group of people have access

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow choosing not to use OneDrive for Business when subscribing licenses.

■Title(件名):
    ライセンス契約時に、クラウドサービスを利用をしないように簡易に設定できるような選択肢を設けてほしい。

Allow choosing not to use OneDrive for Business when subscribing licenses.

■Description(内容):
    社内で Office Online を利用したいため、Office ProPlus を契約しているが、OneDrive for Business のクラウド領域は利用させたくないと考えている。
    OneDrive for Business の利用を制限するためだけに SharePoint Online 管理センターからの操作が必要だが、Office Online の利用を主目的としているユーザーに対して、通常利用することがないSharePoint Onlineにアクセスすることは手間がかかり、また不便である。
    当初より OneDrive for Business の利用を希望しないテナントが、運用上 OneDrive for Businessが含まれたプランを選択して契約する場合、初期段階で利用しないサービスを選択し設定できるような機能が欲しい。

We purchased Office 365 Proplus to use Office Online apps in our organization, however, we don’t want our users to use OneDrive for Business in the cloud.
    We recognize that we can restrict use of OneDrive for the Business from SharePoint Online admin center but for users who are not familiar with SharePoint Online, it won’t…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow OneDrive for Business to be able to replace file servers

Allow OneDrive to be configured in a business environment to replace shared drives of files servers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Hi, please make the Excel sheets on OneDrive less laggy. I feel like I'm on dial up sometimes when I try to open, save, or cross-reference

Should be a way for the sheets to locally reference each other while on the drive rather than having to save local copies and then figure out referenceable work arounds...it crashes my excel when I try to do even simple cross-references because it's on my computer, going into the cloud to reference and then pulling that information back down from the cloud; I've had entire workbooks corrupted and hours of work lost because of this short-sighted "solution."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enhance permission levels

Enhance the permissions to different levels of access 1) View only no download or copy 2) View and download or copy 3)View,download copy and edit

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Read only access at folder and file level -useful for accessing archived data

This is traditional database access idea so users or customers can view documents but can't ***** with carefully curated data on OneDrive - so no edits, updates, deletes

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow files to be uploaded from other websites directly with the link

I would like to upload some files from other Cloud storages to one drive directly. Not by downloading to my pc and then again uploading.
    Instead allow files to be uploaded to my drive through a link from other cloud storages

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base