OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Sharing status in onedrive for business

Weather we share files with internal or external users, sharing status shows only "Shared". It would be helpful, If it shows sharing type with text or any other visual indicator.

The same status visual indicator in "shared by me" page and in windows explorer icon would help reviewing all my external access.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link Expiration for all sharing types

Creating a link that expires for all the different sharing types (Specific People, People with existing access or People in ORG with the link) instead of just "Anyone Links".

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. implement the feature enabling to restrict internal file share

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    内部ユーザー同士の共有を制限したい
    implement the feature enabling to restrict internal file share

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business において、テナント内のユーザー間のファイルの共有を制限したい。社内のユーザー間であっても、安易に共有が行われてしまうことによって漏洩のリスクが高まります。管理者によって制御ができるよう、テナント内のユーザー同士のファイル共有を制限する機能を要望します。

I am thinking of sharing the files among the users of OneDrive for Business's tenant.

At this moment, there is a possibility that the data leak might be caused by a simple share even within company user, and therefore I hope the feature to be available that could enable to make a limit on the file share among the users of a tenant so that an admin could execute the restriction for shared files.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Access Request Settings on file or folder level

A User can configure his OneDrive so items cannot be reshared by the recipients of a file / folder or that Access Requests are being sent to an owner if they Arbe being reshared, see https://www.sharepointusecases.com/2014/11/managing-sharing-access-requests-sharepoint-site/

Unfortunately, this Setting can only be configured for a user's whole OneDrive, even if only a few files need this extra Level of security. Please make it possible to make this Settings for particular files or Folders.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add albums shared with me to my album list

When someone shares an album with me, it only appears in the "Shared with me" area of OneDrive, among other things this person shared, like folders and files.

I think those shared albums should stay among my own albums, in the Photos area of OneDrive.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display items shared with a group in [Shared with Me]

■Title(件名):
    グループ共有を行った場合でも [自分と共有] にアイテムを表示する機能の追加希望

Display items shared with a group in [Shared with Me]

■Description(内容):
    グループで共有設定を行った場合には、[自分と共有] に対象のアイテムが表示されない動作を確認している。
    [自分と共有] に表示させるために各ユーザー毎に共有設定を行うのは、手間と時間がかかり不便に感じます。
    使いやすく、効率よく作業できるよう、グループ共有を行った場合でも [自分と共有] にアイテムを表示する機能の追加して欲しい。

I have confirmed the behavior that when an item was shared by a group, that item will not be show in [Shared with Me].
    To make sure display that file in [Shared with Me], it will take time and effort because it requires us to share the file with each user.

For improvement of usability and efficiency of work, it will be nice if items could be displayed in [Shared with Me] even though the…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sharing between OneDrive for Business and OneDrive Personal

As a person responsible for documents I want to share documents and colaborate with my business partners who have OneDrive Personal.
    As a teacher I want to share folder with my students to have up-to-date documents from all of them.

One should be able to share a file from a OneDrive for Business Account to a OneDrive Personal Account in a way which is described here:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-and-sync-shared-folders-to-OneDrive-8a63cd47-1526-4cd8-bd09-ee3f9bfc1504?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

The feature has been already requested here:
    https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/20317453-bring-to-onedrive-business-option-add-to-my-onedr
    The idea is similar to:
    https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913531-onedrive-sharing-collaboration/suggestions/15040281-sharing-between-onedrive-personal-and-onedrive-for

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Add to My OneDrive" option for folders shared between OneDrive for Business and OneDrive Personal

When a folder is shared from a OneDrive Business Account to a OneDrive for Personal Account, there should be an option to add the folder to the OneDrive folder.

Right now, the shared folder can only be accessed using the sharing link which is highly uncomfortable for collaboration.

Example:

A person X, who owns a OneDrive Business Account, wants to share documents and collaborate with his partners who have OneDrive Personal.
    Now, those partners can access the shared files only on the OneDrive website using the sharing link provided by the person X. Since it is more difficult to use…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync OneDrive Photo Album and Windows Photos App tags / people recognition

Windows 10 Photos App is great!
    I would need the information / tags / people recognition synced to OneDrive - so the information is not local only and can be shared with other PCs / people as well (and be backed up in cloud)

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Send email to all shared with

I would like to have option to select all users that I have shared file with and send them email notification.
    This can be very usefull when you hfor example restore file from previous version due to something and you want to notify everbyody that they can work with it or the have to refill their data into such file.
    Currently it is not possible, users has to be picked one by one.
    Thank you

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ensure multiple people can read documents without synchronization issues

Referring ticket # 17174503

"When two or more people are working on a document at the same time, they might make changes that conflict with each other. Conflicts can occur when one person works offline and then saves the document to the server. Conflicts can also occur when two people work on the same part of a document at exactly the same time. When edits conflict, the file would display a notification the next time that a user tries to save the document. The conflicts must be resolved before you can save the document to the cloud.
    In OneDrive sync…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. See who viewed a shared file

I shared a file I have stored in OneDrive with a select set of users. I would like the ability to see who has viewed/opened these documents. Right now, i can only see if someone has edited the document.

It would be great if it could show something like a # views, and would be even better if it gave them an option to rate the file (star ratings).

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Direct download links

As a publishing company using Onedrive, we often send zip files to our clients via Wetransfer because it offers direct download links.

Ideally we'd like to send our own personalised, branded emails containing direct download links generated from Onedrive.

We could send out emails with a link to access Onedrive that doesn't require login but find that users are put off by the often unfamiliar screen presented to them via Onedrive to download their files.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable sharing items from OneDrive for Business on the web by running PowerShell cmdlet

■Title(件名):
    PowerShell コマンドレットを使用して共有ができるようにして欲しい

Enable sharing items from OneDrive for Business on the web by running PowerShell cmdlet

■Description(内容):
    WEB の OneDrive for Business から共有を実施するのは手間がかかるため、PowerShell で一括で共有や共有の解除、共有状態の変更ができるようにして欲しい

As it takes time and effort to share items from OneDrive for Business on the web, for improvement of usability and manageability, allow share/stop sharing/change sharing status in bulk by running PowerShell cmdlet.

Thank you for your consideration.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OneDrive for Business External Sharing permission set to "Anyone"

Please allow to set OneDrive for Business External Sharing to "Anyone" without changing SharePoint External Sharing permission.

Currently, we cannot change OneDrive for Business External Sharing permission to "Anyone" if SharePoint External Sharing permission is set not to share with External organization.

We want to enable this feature so we can set Expiration Date and Password when sharing files to Anyone thru OneDrive for Business.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow us to restrict sharing both external users and internal users

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の共有を制限する機能を追加してほしい。
    Allow us to restrict sharing both external users and internal users

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上の共有を外部共有だけでなく内部共有もできないように共有自体を制限する機能を追加してほしい。

I would like to see the feature to restrict sharing not only with external users, but also with same organization users.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase file size limit to allow easier migration from third parties like Box

We see many customers struggling to migrate from 3rd party services such as Box to OneDrive due to limitations in file size limits in OneDrive.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive for Business - Implement shared folder syncing to desktop client

We need the ability to sync folders that have been shared by another Onedrive for a Business user with the desktop client. You just rolled this out for personal OneDrive, but it seems like it's more important for Onedrive for Business

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. FTP Access

Implement FTP access to OneDrive to allow upload from on-premises devices like backups, home ip-cameras etc.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OneDrive Sync to Support Sharepoint Document Management features

In order for Document Libraries synced from SharePoint to be available for Local Edit, effectively all SharePoint Document Management Library features must be switched off. The ODfB sync client should fully support the Content Approval, Check In/Out, Draft Item Security, Required Columns, Custom Views and Limited Lockdown Permissions features in SharePoint. It currently supports none of these and will make synced documents Read-Only if any of the above settings are used.

ODfB must support all of these features if it is to be described/considered as a compatible Sync solution.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base