OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Share one drive folder and files with group of 365 users

Share one drive folder and files with group of 365 users

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Guys, for next level in the China add a "simple-to-do" & "mobile&laptop-friendly" WECHAT app sharing option for files.

People spend an average of 2-3h a day on wechat in China.
    It is one of the mostly used channels to share documents that aim for 1:1 or groups of people.
    It is fast.
    It is easily re-accessible.
    It can work on multiple devices.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For me to use the 100% onedrive - share equal dropbox folder

For me to use the 100% onedrive - share equal dropbox folder

It would be great if he shared a folder and made the folder locally equal to the dropbox, where several people can save and show the files to all that are allowed.

In the dropbox when we share a folder, it appears to the person, everyone can save that folder locally on your PC.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Perdi grande parte de meus arquivos

Comecei minha experiência com o onedrive em Jan.21, onde migrei meus arquivos e fotos pra nuvem.
    De um dia pro outro perdi grande parte dos meus arquivos.
    Tinha cerca de 100gb e agora tenho 11gb apenas...
    Por favor, me ajudem a recuperar os 100gb!

Alguém me ajuda!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please don’t tag my stuff!!

area so why were my created folders not there? In settings I selected When MS gives an option to not tag “MY” PHOTO'S and DOCUMENTS, I would think that is exactly what MS would do!! Please, DON’T tag MY STUFF!! I specifically used the MS feature to create my own folders. When I tried to move an item by selectingThey were dated, separated, and not the way I created them. I never left that file. ‘move to” all my folders were not there. In settings I selected NO!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Priorized Upload

Would be nyce to prioritize a bunch of data in a huge mass that has to be uploaded so i can use them as fast as possible ;)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it possible to exclude guest users and prevent sharing of files on Teams while allowing sharing on OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のファイル共有を許可したままの状態で、ゲスト ユーザーが別途、Microsoft Teams 上でファイル共有を行えないようにする設定を追加してほしい
    Make it possible to exclude guest users and prevent sharing of files on Teams while allowing sharing on OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    ファイル サイズの大きなデータがあるため、ユーザーに OneDrive for Business から外部のユーザーとのファイルの共有を許可してます。
    上記の理由から OneDrive for Business の設定は変更せずに利用したいため、別途、Microsoft Teams 上でのファイル共有を行えないように制限したいです。
    現在、ゲスト ユーザーとして招待した場合、OneDrive for Business の共有設定を許可したままの状態で、Microsoft Teams 上でのファイルの共有の制限が行えないようにできないため機能を追加してほしいです。

We have some data made up of large files, and so we allow users to share them with external users from OneDrive for Business.
    For this reason, we don’t want to change the settings we use on OneDrive for Business, so we would like to be able…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want to change the name attached to sync client shared folders

■Title(件名):
    同期クライアントの共有フォルダの名称の変更を行いたい
    I want to change the name attached to sync client shared folders

■Description(内容):
    共有を受けたフォルダに共有元ユーザー名が表示されるが、共有元ユーザーが退職者であるため、現時点の機能では退職済みのユーザーのファイル名を変更できなく困っている。
    任意で、共有元ユーザー名を非表示にする設定や変更を行えるような機能の実装を希望いたします。

The username of the person who shared a folder is shown to those they share it with, but in cases where that person has left the company, there is currently no way to change the names of files that belonged to them.
    Please make it possible to arbitrarily hide the usernames of users who have shared files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Removing all sharing on OneDrive at once

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive での共有一括解除について
    Removing all sharing on OneDrive at once

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business において、既に共有された複数のファイルを一括で外部共有解除できるようにしてほしい。

On OneDrive for Business, please add a way to remove external sharing from multiple already-shared files all at once.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If you have multiple shared OneDrives, allow more than one to sync to your mac

I support several small organisations with free subscriptions, and we sync files locally. However you can only sync one OneDrive onto the mac using the free account, or a personal account. That means mingling lies from different organisations into one folder to enable synching potentially - and I just don't like mixing different content - due diligence and all that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Behavior when sharing OneDrive for Business from the browser app

ブラウザーアプリから OneDrive for Business の共有を実施した場合の動作について
    Behavior when sharing OneDrive for Business from the browser app

■Description(内容):
    iPhone のブラウザーアプリから OneDrive for Business にアクセスをし、ファイルの横の三点リーダーから共有を実施すると、共有の画面が画面の端に表示されるため、一部の詳細設定が画面外に表示されタップができない。
    画面上部の共有をタップした場合は、画面中央に共有の画面が表示され、詳細設定がすべて画面に収まるため、三点リーダーから共有をした場合も同じ動作となるよう改善を希望します。

When accessing OneDrive for Business from the iPhone browser app and sharing from the three-point reader next to File, the sharing screen is displayed at the edge of the screen with some advanced settings go out of the screen, making it impossible to tap.
    If you tap Share at the top of the screen, the shared screen will be displayed in the center of the screen, and all the detailed settings will fit on…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pasting links

I recently transitioned from Office personal to Office 365 business and migrated OneDrive over to business as well.

However, when I post links in places such as Facebook and LINE app, the file name is no longer included which is really frustrating. Is there any plan to include this functionality in the business version of OneDrive?

I've attached what happens when posting the same file in both OneDrive personal and business - as you can see, they are very different with the business version losing identifying information. :(

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add .ifc file viewer to OneDrive.

.ifc is an open document format and becoming the international standard for construction models in the AEC sector.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There is a problem with file sharing on OneDrive. I am using a personal one drive and a business one drive (given by the university) at the

There is a problem with file sharing on OneDrive.
    I am using a personal one drive and a business one drive (given by the university) at the same time.
    After another individual user shared a folder for my two identities, Personal OneDrive could accept the share, but Business OneDrive could not accept the share.
    Why does this happen?
    If you check the shared email and click the 'Accept' button, you will be prompted to sign in to your OneDrive account. I'm connected to OneDrive for Business with the same ID, but when I click the 'Accept' button in the email…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix the different behaviour for the Web interface and Mobile apps for shared and "Added to my OneDrive" folders

When the shared by others folder with Edit permissions is "Added to my OneDrive", the view of this folder from the "Files" location allows you to RENAME the folder. The mobile app (both iOS and Android) manages to revert the folder's name back to the original (since it belongs to another user/account), but the Web interface (and respectively, the sync engine) keeps showing the re-named folder in "Files", while in "Shared" tab it looks as original. To avoid the confusion, the option "RENAME" should be removed from the shared folders, that were added to my OneDrive, if it is not…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Read only access at folder and file level -useful for accessing archived data

This is traditional database access idea so users or customers can view documents but can't ***** with carefully curated data on OneDrive - so no edits, updates, deletes

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. enable block download toggle file videos, pdfs and photos etc

enable block download toggle file videos, pdfs and photos etc . together with expiration date

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If external link sharing not enabled, simplify sending an email to external/internal

External link sharing is turned off for tenant. To send email to external and internal, only way is to attach file - plus the error message user receives does not explain why email failed. Prefer - user share file. If external (and blocked at tenant level), attach file. If internal sent in same email - send link not attachment.

If user wishes to attach to all, user needs to take steps.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. One Drive sync problem on iPhone

I have One Drive app + Word app on my IPhone. Created doc on computer, saved in onedrive, shared for editing. Opened doc on iPhone word app edited doc. Edits not showing on onedrive app. Edits show on computer browser and iPhone Word app. It is like onedrive app not syncing. On email and other apps pulling the screen down generates a sync cycle. MS needs to add this feature to the onedrive app.
    This is a problem as when traveling on business i will review edits by team members on iPhone onedrive app if it doesn’t sync i will…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base