OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. too slow to sync as compared to google drive, you need to improve operation of app

too slow to sync as compared to google drive, you need to improve operation of app

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back the sorting option for last modified date in OneDrive shared documents.

The sort feature for "last modified date" for shared documents in OneDrive was removed with a recent update. This was a helpful feature and should be brought back.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. One Drive pour Autocad est problématique si plusieurs usager des documents.

One Drive pour Autocad est problématique si plusieurs usagers des documents sur OneDrive.
    Nous ne sommes pas avisé si une personne utilise déjà un fichier, mais les informations d'une seule personne sont conservées.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Scheduled file synchronization

There are times when a scheduled synchronization of files from shared devices will provide a consistent base for all users. In some business offices a requirement for the latest shared file is needed to ensure the file being used is current. Scheduling the sync process will provide a daily sync point for all changed files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make “Prevent downloads” be enabled by default for temporary access when sharing files

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ファイルなどを共有する際に、一定時間アクセスしている間は "ダウンロードを禁止する" を既定で有効の状態にする
    Make “Prevent downloads” be enabled by default for temporary access when sharing files

■Description(内容):
    ファイルなどを共有する際に、毎回 "ダウンロードを禁止する" が無効の状態に戻ってしまう。
    利便性が悪いため、一定時間アクセスしている間は『ダウンロードを禁止する』を既定で有効の状態にできるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

When sharing files, the “Prevent downloads” checkbox reverts to being unchecked every time.
    This is inconvenient, so please make it possible to set this option to default to being enabled when granting temporary access.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Clock based uploading, I only want to upload at night when I am asleep.

My internet is not super fast, and anytime one drive is synching it kills the entire connection in my house. It sucks.

So I pause it the entire day and when I'm doing stuff at night so I can use my network. I want to be able to set HOURS that I can have it upload, like midnight to 7am, or something like that.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Live file synch only setting

For sharepoint linked libraries, there should be a setting that allows access to file in online only mode, meaning files are not stored locally .. if there connection to the internet then live synch is active otherwise files aren't available for synching. Files access works the same way windows explorer opens files, and warns users that file is in use, and allow collaboration. Avoids multiple copies of the same file being stored locally by multiple users and creating very annoying upload issues and synching problems.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Smoother app transitions

You know how, when you try to hide the toolbar, it blinks away, it doesn’t “scroll up” and hide. This is for everything. Even editing a pdf, and moving from all the different editing tools, everything blinks. There’s a lot of app refreshments that could be used, A LOT. Maybe add cute little transitions, like a swirl or just so it doesn’t look so BORING.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like all my devices to sync with OneDrive because they don't if I enter files on my file Explorer on one bride they do not show up o

I don't have an Idea but it sure would be nice if all my devices sync after I put information on one device through the File Explorer One Drive folder. When I first started to use One Drive it worked but your changed something and I cannot get my files to sink. Yesturday I added Photo's to my laptop but they are not on my desk top or other devices today.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Issue "open in review mode only" is too long in german

If you change the OneDrive sharing settings within an Office document in Office Online the "open in review mode only" is too long in german and overlaps the "block download"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Extend idle session timeout for OneDrive-hosted embedded Excel workbooks

Please extend the idle timeout for Excel workbooks embedded in web pages via OneDrive (iframe method) to at least 30 minutes. Around Feb 2020 the timeout dropped from hours to only ~12 minutes of inactivity, but that is far too short for use cases requiring users to fetch and return with additional data.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have a Check-In/Check out System for CAD files, downloading files to a user's drive and locking it in Sharepoint until re-uploaded.

This will allow for smoother remote work for the Engineering industry and all those who use CAD software. Also, maybe having the ability to check-out an entire folder as some CAD software has multiple files required in collaboration. Many companies, including my own, use custom AutoCAD user-interface and scripts in order to streamline tasks, so AutoCAD web does not work for us.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Shared Folder Expiry - Custom

Right now you can only set custom expiration dates on files or folders when you pick "anyone with link". Would love the ability to set a custom expiry date on a folder shared with a specific person. Would be helpful because it's common to set up a shared folder for document transfer with someone outside the organization during a project. But would love to set that access to essentially disconnect after a set period of time. Right now you can just set all files and folders shared to expire after a certain date which screws up internal shares that are…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. use local OneDrive file paths for footers/headers in Office applications

When entering a OneDrive filename and path in an Office application it would be more helpful to see the local file path rather than something like:
    https://d.docs.live.net/123456789abcde/Documents/filename.docx

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Link to PDF document maintained after the PDF has moved between folders

Links to Office documents are maintained even if they are moved around in OneDrive folders. A PDF Document link is not maintained when it is moved from one location to another, except a link which is always public and unsecured. Could there be a workflow to search the title of the file than going to a physical address. The idea is a share of a pdf should remain valid even if it is moved or re-filed in folders from the original location.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Easier Logon sources, easy access to a URL name, and more specific download choices!

If account is on several computers; treat each computer seperately. 15 yrs ago i made the same mistake using one account on a group of computers. The autopilot doesnt check for compatability, and will also double and quadruple copy big files in very unlikely to find folders. A BETTER DIRECTORY...im sure windows 10 indexing will help with older systems and then for windows 10 i would definately suggest a more humble backup at least until its debugged and done updating. Thanks i very much appreciate and respect your time for reading.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Don’t know which files are the most recent versions when syncing fails on OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business で同期の失敗時にどこにあるファイルが最新かがわからない
    Don’t know which files are the most recent versions when syncing fails on OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business で同期が失敗した際に、該当のファイルが他の場所で更新されているかなど、現在の状態が不明なため、共同作業に支障が出てしまう。
    同期が失敗したファイルのステータスに、他の場所での変更の有無や、編集履歴、編集中のユーザーの表示など、ファイルの現在の状況が確認できるような機能の追加を要望します。

If there is a failure when syncing on OneDrive for Business, it’s not clear if a file has been updated to match one held elsewhere or not, which interferes with collaboration efforts.
    Please make it possible to check the current status of files, such as if it has been synced with another version, its edit history, which users are currently editing it, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 略显尴尬的分享体验

我在OneDrive存储了课程的课外阅读资料,想分享给同学,当我分享链接时,基本上很少有同学能够顺利访问,当我试图分享文件副本时,下载速度又非常惨不忍睹,哪怕只有3-5兆的文件(网络环境不错的情况下),我只能重新把文件都上传百度网盘,然后再通过百度网盘分享,同样的网络环境,百度网盘上传速度可以达到10+MB/s,即使被吐槽的非会员下载速度,体验也比OneDrive 要好

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base