OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. 1. I need to upload.folders.to onesrive

I need to use onedrive as my virtual disk expansion. I want to MOVE folders to onedrive the same way I would move folders between any other drives in my machine.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Secure file sharing in Microsoft 365 Family

I have subscribed to Microsoft 365 Family and have several family members using OneDrive with me. There is a need for a new function allowing of files and documents containing sensitive information with family members on my account. I keep private information on online accounts in a file in my Personal Vault. My wife needs access to that information, but I can't share files in my Personal Vault. There should be a function that allows highly secure storage for sensitive information but can be accessed by members of my family account. Perhaps a new location like Family Vault that works…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. About One Drive of synchronization

After it is over the using the ms word program. i pushed the button of 'save'. However. the ms word program is still on the pc screen. when the word program was not closed. it is not working syncronization or shareing. Only when it was closed. it was starting to syncronization. For this reason I changed dropbox program two years ago. but I recently have used the One Drive. I want to improve the problem quickly. thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. all select together

should have an option to select all the picture together and drag or save to pc

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Share one drive folder and files with group of 365 users

Share one drive folder and files with group of 365 users

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to notify user about uploading file

It would be nice to have the possibility to notify a co-worker about uploading a file to a shared folder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. fix the date format in "Shared with me" to properly use the locale

When viewing in a browser, the files in "Shared with me" are displayed in US format, mm/dd/yyyy, even though the locale is set so that the format dd/mm/yyyy is used for everything else. US users probably will not notice this bug.

Apparently this bug has been there for years and was reported in Uservoice back in 2017. Sharing within both Dropbox and Google drive handles this correctly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Way to list individual users' permissions on items and set them up

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ユーザごとにアイテムにおける権限を一覧、設定する方法
    Way to list individual users' permissions on items and set them up

■Description(内容):
    ​新規ユーザの追加や異動の際に付与すべき権限を確認したり、権限設定の工数を削減するために有用な機能と思い追加を希望させて頂きました。
    It would be useful and operationally efficient if we could check individual users' permissions and set them up when they join or leave a team. So please make it possible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. View Only Option for Shared Excel Spreadsheets

The ability to embed excel spreadsheets on a website/blog and update them BUT only allow others to VIEW them (not copy/paste with source formatting, edit, download or be able to click a link to the source file data) is an essential option to have in both the Personal and Business OneDrive accounts.

While the ability to share and collaborate on files/data is excellent in OneDrive, there are many occasions when 'share to view only' is the desired option and it should be available.

At the moment the only way to do it is export the file to Google Sheets as…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I want to stop all file sharing at once

■Title(件名):
    ファイルの共有を一括で停止したい。
    I want to stop all file sharing at once

■Description(内容):
    現在の機能ではOneDrive for Businessの [共有] - [あなたが共有] の画面から1アイテムごとに共有を停止することはできますが、複数アイテムや一覧の全てのアイテムを選択して共有を停止することができない状況となっております。
    OneDrive for Businessを使用してあらゆるデータを共有している企業様にとっては、大変不便な状況ですので是非とも改善していただきたいです。

Currently, it is possible to stop sharing of items one-by-one in OneDrive for Business using “Share” – “Your sharing”, but there is no way to stop sharing of multiple or all items at once.
    This is very inconvenient in businesses where OneDrive for Business sharing is being used, so please improve it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. airdrop

I would like to see a cross platform "airdrop" feature that anyone who has onedrive downloaded could share files instantly to any OS (windows, iOS, Android, MacOs, etc). This would be super helpful to share videos and photos from our phones cross platform and be super helpful for video production.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add and delete upload folders in camera upload section

I want to be able to delete and add folder for camera upload. Currently there is no way to add folder to camera upload or to delete, only to not select. You end up with an automatically generated list that stays the same even if you delete an app from the phone.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sharing and viewing of 3D_CAD STEP-Files

Teams and One Drive should have a 3D-Viever of 3D-Cad STEP Files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow shared files to be stored within sub folders

Everyone has it own way of organizing it's files. As a user I would like to organize the single file shared with me on my own structure.
    If I want to organize it by myself I need to make a copy and move it to the desired folder. What I want is to place the shared file link into the destination folder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. TEAMS >>> CHAT > AUDIO NOTIFICATION

when getting a notification via MS Teams Chat > the volume of the notification is too low and, like most users i do not leave my computer system level volume at maximum. The chat notification audio needs to be independent of system volume.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Onedrive family

Create a one drive family account which allows you to have several PCs on a single family server which automatically registers all the PCs on a single server.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Personal Photo album creation

I have enjoyed creating a large family heritage photo file on Onedrive Live and subsequently moving the photos to an external Album creation company for final creation and printing. I would now like to be able to SAVE the Onedrive Live created file in File Explorer and then be able to copy the photos to a USB for the benefit of family members, thus pre-serving their heritage. My issue is that whilst the photos copy into a file they DO NOT APPEAR IN THE ORIGINAL ORDER, thus defeating the purpose. Can this be resolved in the future?
    Rgds Margaret

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 6 TB available in Microsoft 365 Family, even for groups of less than 6 people

Not all families have 6 members. Families with 2, 3, 4... people and one suscription to Microsoft 365 Family should get available 6 TB in total, not only 1 TB maximum each.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make it possible to use the same sharing links after UPN changes

■Title(件名):
    UPN 変更後に共有リンクを引き続き利用できるようにしてほしい。
    Make it possible to use the same sharing links after UPN changes

■Description(内容):
    ユーザーのUPNを変更すると、OneDrive for Business の URL が変更されるため、UPN 変更前に共有していたファイルのリンクにアクセスしてもエラーになる。
    再共有を行う必要が生じるため、UPNを変更しても引き続き共有していたファイルのリンクにアクセスできるようにしてほしい。

If you change a user’s UPN, URLs for OneDrive for Business are changed, so attempting to use sharing links issued before the change returns an error.
    Since this means it is necessary to re-issue the sharing link, please make it so that you can continue to use the same links even if the UPN is changed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base