OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow us to create space for computer regularly and automatically from file on demand feature

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のファイル オンデマンド機能について
    Allow us to create space for computer regularly and automatically from file on demand feature

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のファイル オンデマンド機能にて、手動で [空き容量を増やす] より設定可能な、PC端末の容量を減らす設定を、自動で定期的に設定する機能の追加を希望します。

I would like to see the option to create space for computer regularly and automatically via [Free up space] option which we need to set manually at file on demand feature of OneDrive for Business.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 'Allow download' option when sharing a folder

It would be very useful to provide the 'allow download' selection toggle within link settings when sharing a folder with others to prevent them from downloading a local copy of any of the files within the folder - similar to how the 'allow editing' selection option works.

I purchased onedrive for business specifically because I was led to believe I would be able to do this but was informed today that currently it is only available for office 365 (word, exel etc) individual shared documents.

I was directed to a previous idea posted and wondered if there was any update…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cannot upload files uploaded by using “Open with Explorer” normally

■Title(件名):
    エクスプローラーで表示機能を使ってアップロードしたファイルが正常にアップロードできない

Cannot upload files uploaded by using “Open with Explorer” normally
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にファイルをアップロードする際に、をエクスプローラーで表示機能を利用して容量の大きなファイルを OneDrive for Business へ移動すると、アップロードが正常に完了しないことがある。
    ファイルの移動をしたあと、別の作業をしたりエクスプローラーを更新すると、アップロードしたファイルが消えてしまう。
    OneDrive for Business 上にファイルの名前は表示されるも、容量が 0 KB となっている。
    ファイルのアップロードができない場合に確認可能なエラー メッセージの表示や、アップロードが正常に完了できるよう改善してほしい。

I would like to inform you that the uploads might not be completed normally when uploading big size files to OneDrive for Business by using “Open with Explorer” command.
    After moving those files to OneDrive for Business, the uploaded files will be disappeared once you do another operation or refresh Explorer. The names of uploaded files are still displayed but it says the file size…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Enable modifying text and title of an e-mails which is sent when it gets close to OneDrive for Business storage limit

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の残り空き容量の通知メールについて

Enable modifying text and title of an e-mails which is sent when it gets close to OneDrive for Business storage limit
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の容量が上限に近づいた際に所有者に自動的に送信される " ストレージ制限に近づいている " という通知メールについて、送信されるメール本文やタイトルを管理者が変更できるようにしてほしい。

When we are getting close to the storage limit of OneDrive for Business, the system automatically sends notification e-mails stating that “You’re getting close to your storage limit.”

For improvement of manageability, it would be nice if admins could modify the title and texts of the notification e-mails.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide a feature that allows managing OneDrive for Business storage size

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の領域容量について

Provide a feature that allows managing OneDrive for Business storage size
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business において、1 ライセンスにつき1 TB の領域が既定ではございますが、テナント内でユーザー A の領域容量を、ユーザー B の領域容量としてまとめ、増やしたり減らしたり管理することができる機能を希望します。

We recognize that we can get 1TB of storage in OneDrive for Business per license and it cannot be changed

To manage the storage of OneDrive for Business within our tenant, please allow us to decide the size of storage for each user within the tenant freely.

For example, it will be great if we could integrate user A storage and user B storage into one, so the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. File system for chrome os

It would be nice to have an extension for the file manager in Chrome Os that fully supports Onedrive. There is actually one (I guess an independent third party) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/file-system-for-onedrive/jbfdfcehgafdbfpniaimfbfomafoadgo but it doesn't work properly on my Chromebook.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Access Sharepoint shared folder in 'Shared with Me' in App

If I share a folder within a SharePoint library to a user (who has other access to the libary), I cannot see this folder in the "Shared with Me" when using either the Outlook for iOS or Android App. The folder DOES appear when using a browser so the permissions and access work.

Furthermore, if I open the email invitation to the shared folder on a phone/tablet and click on the link, the device will open OneDrive and into the shared folder. However, if I return to OneDrive at a later date, there is no way to get back to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Share OneDrive sync client update timing with users in advance

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントの更新のタイミングを事前に把握しておきたい。

Share OneDrive sync client update timing with users in advance
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive の同期クライアントの更新のタイミングを事前に把握しておきたい。

背景として、テナント内で一斉に OneDrive の同期クライアントの更新を行うことで、ネットワークに負荷がかかる可能性がある。
    OneDrive の同期クライアントの更新は定期的にランダムに行われるため、現時点では更新を遅らせる情報のみしかない。
    そのため、OneDrive の同期クライアントが自動的に更新されないように管理する機能の実装をお願いします。
    また、事前に OneDrive 同期クライアント最新版の更新がある場合には更新するタイミングを把握できる情報の公開をお願いします。

<関連情報>
    タイトル : グループ ポリシーを使用し、OneDrive 同期クライアント設定を制御する
    アドレス : https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/onedrive/use-group-policy#EnableEnterpriseUpdate
    ※ OneDrive 同期クライアントの更新を遅らせる手順の公開情報です。

We would like to know the OneDrive sync client update timing beforehand.
    We recognize that the network might be overloaded if the updates OneDrive sync client were performed all at once within the tenant.
    The update for OneDrive sync client is performed randomly, however, currently we only have the information to delay updating it.

Therefore, we hope you…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The errors are displayed when editing an Excel file synced with OneDrive for Business in Office client

■Title(件名):
    同期している共有 Excel ファイルを Office クライアントにて編集する際にエラーが表示される事象について

The errors are displayed when editing an Excel file synced with OneDrive for Business in Office client
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントにて同期している Excel ファイルを複数のユーザーと共有している。
    Excel を起動した際に、"ブロックされたアップロード" や "サーバー側から読み取り専用で開いています"、"マージできませんでした" というダイアログがファイルの上部に表示されてしまう。
    自動保存を無効化することで回避できるが、エラーが発生することなく他のユーザーと共同編集できるよう改善してほしい。

We are sharing an Excel file synced with OneDrive for Business sync client with multiple users. As we launch Excel, the errors such as “Upload blocked”, “Unable to merge” and “This file is opening as read-only from the server” are displayed at the top of the file unexpectedly.

Although it can be avoided by disabling AutoSave feature, we hope you…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. email files to onedrive

it would be nice if there could be a feature... an email address that I could use so I could send files to my onedrive

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable setting a password for files in OneDrive for Business when sharing files with external users

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の外部共有について

Enable setting a password for files in OneDrive for Business when sharing files with external users
    ■Description(内容):
    個人用の OneDrive で共有する際は、当該のファイルを選択し、[共有] をクリックすると [パスワードの設定] と表示され、ファイルにパスワードを設定し共有が可能。
    OneDrive for Business には、そのような機能がないため、同じようにパスワードの設定をかけ共有できるよう機能の拡充希望。

When sharing items via personal OneDrive, as users select the file and click [Share], they can set password for the shared files from [Set Password:] menu. This option is currently not available for OneDrive for Business.

For improvement of usability, add setting password option to OneDrive for Business as well.

Thank you for your consideration

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide the more detailed information for Invalid file types in OneDrive.exe

■Title(件名):
    新しい同期クライアント (OneDrive.exe) で利用できないファイルの種類について

Provide the more detailed information for Invalid file types in OneDrive.exe
    ■Description(内容):
    新しい同期クライアント (OneDrive.exe) を使用し、従来の同期クライアント (Groove.exe) の制限事項の "無効なファイルの種類" に記載の以下のファイルのアップロードの動作検証を実施いたしました。
    <調査結果>
    *.laccdb、*.tpm、thumbs.db、EhThumbs.db、thumbs.db

通常同期フォルダー上では同期が完了すると "緑のチェック マーク" "青い雲のマーク" などが付きますが、当該のファイルについては同期フォルダー上で何も付かない、またエラーの表示がないことを確認いたしました。
    なお、ブラウザー上からアップロードが完了したかを確認した際は、当該のファイルは表示されませんでした。

*.tmp
    同期フォルダー上からアップロードを実施いたしましたが、同期フォルダー上で "同期中" の矢印のマークが回転したままの状態となり、同期が完了しない動作を確認いたしました。
    また、タスクバー上の同期アイコンはエラーが表示されず、"OneDrive は最新の状態です" と表示されております。

上述の、従来の同期クライアント (Groove.exe) で "無効なファイルの種類" として指定されているファイルについては、新しい同期クライアント (OneDrive.exe) を使用した場合にも同期が正常に完了していないように見受けられるため、新しい同期クライアント (OneDrive.exe) 側の制限事項の公開情報にも記載していただくか、または新しい同期クライアント (OneDrive.exe) の制限事項に含まれていない理由などについて詳細を記載していただくようお願いいたします。

I tested the uploading behavior of files stated as Invalid file types in a support article for Groove.exe, using with OneDrive.exe. Followings are the verification results I’ve got.

<Results>
    *.laccdb、*.tpm、thumbs.db、EhThumbs.db、thumbs.db

Once we finish the sync in the sync folder, normally the folder should get "green check mark"…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow individual external settings in Office 365 admin center

■Title(件名):
    Office 365 管理センターにてユーザーの外部共有が反映しない

Allow individual external settings in Office 365 admin center
    ■Description(内容):
    Office 365 管理センターからアクティブなユーザーを指定し、 "OneDrive の設定 " から 外部共有を個別に制限すると、画面上反映されたように見えるも画面を更新すると元の設定に戻ってしまう。
    PowerShell コマンドレットにて同様の設定が可能も、ブラウザー上からの操作が反映しないため、改善してほしい。

As we pick an active user on Office 365 admin center and turn on external sharing individually on OneDrive for Business settings, it seems like it’s properly applied. No errors, everything looks nice while external sharing is actually not applied as I refresh the screen.

For improvement of usability and manageability, allow individual external settings on a browser, without using PowerShell cmdlet.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow specifying the past date to confirm the used storage data for each user

■Title(件名):
    過去の日付を指定して、ユーザー毎の使用済み記憶領域を確認したい。

Allow specifying the past date to confirm the used storage data for each user
    ■Description(内容):
    Admin center > レポート> 使用状況 > OneDrive の利用状況画面 から
    詳細のエクスポートによって、エクスポート実施した時点のユーザーごとの利用状況を確認できるが
    日付の指定ができないため、過去の時点での利用状況を確認ができない。

As we navigate to Admin Center>Reports>Usage>OneDrive usage, it is possible to confirm the usage status for each user at the time by exporting details.
    However, we are not able to confirm the usage status at the past time because it is not possible to specify the date.

For that reason, it will be great if we could specify the past date to and confirm the size of used…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Display the process of the updates and the number of remaining files until it is completed via App.

■Title(件名): OneDrive アプリからファイルをアップロードする際の表示について

Display the process of the updates and the number of remaining files until it is completed via App.
    ■Description(内容): ​​
    ​現在のOneDrive アプリのファイルのアップロードと自動アップロード機能は、ファイル数が多量の場合に「アップロード中」の表示が消える。残りファイル数が表示されないことで、所用時間や、アップロードが完了したことを確認できないという困難があります。
    そのため、アップロードが完了するまではプロセスが進行中である旨の表示と残りのファイル数を視覚的に確認できるよう機能を改善して欲しい。​

For now, OneDrive app's file upload/auto-uploading feature confirms that the “Uploading” is not displaying if there are many files existed. By not displaying the number of remaining files, there is a difficulty to confirm the required time and upload completion timing by users.

Please add the feature that the user can be visually confirmed by displays for the process is ongoing and the number of remaining files until the upload…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think it would be a useful feature if I could see who of those people I have shared folders and files has been reading my OneDrive folders

I think it would be a useful feature if I could see who of those people I have shared folders and files has been reading my OneDrive folders and/or files and when they have been reading those.
    The history of editing is already visible, but now I mean statistics only about opening the folder or file (readings), even by those who have read-only access.
    Compare the feature "has seen" of Facebook and Messenger.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OneDrive with Shutterfly and digital photo frames

It would be really awesome if OneDrive could be integrated with shutterfly it would also be really great if there is an integration with OneDrive and digital photo frames so you could log into your account and display folders as slide shows.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A feature to automate the search all the files shared with one specific user on OneDrive in order to stop all files shared with them.

A feature to automate the search all the files shared with one specific user on OneDrive in order to stop all files shared with them.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make shared folders visible for third party applications

Hey, me and my partner have little problem with sharing files that are meant to be used by third party app. The app uses OneDrive as a storage and we want to use one folder to share files and expand its content together. But in application folder is avaliable only on my account (as an owner). My partner on the other hand can't access the folder via mentioned application, but she can add content that I can access. So the problem is probably that she's not the owner of the folder and we can't set up 2 owners, so the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hide documents from Delve, that are shared with "link sharing"

If user shares document with link inside organization, this sharing option creates illusion that only users who know exact link, can access document.
    Everyone in organization can see document if they open user page in Delve.
    All documents that user shared with link are publicly available to all workers inside company in Delve.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base