OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Provide the OneDrive for Business standard feature to check the detailed user information who shared items

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    所有者以外でも、共有相手の詳細を確認できる機能が欲しい

Provide the OneDrive for Business standard feature to check the detailed user information who shared items

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にてアイテムを共有した場合、アイテムの所有者のみが共有相手の人数や詳細を確認できるが、ファイルの共有状況を所有者以外のユーザーでも把握したいと考えている。
    そのため、OneDrive for Business 標準機能として、共有アイテムの所有者以外のユーザーからも、共有相手の詳細を確認する機能を実装してほしい。

When sharing an item on OneDrive for Business with others, only item owner can see the details of shared user information including the number of shared users.

It would be nice if every user, not only an item owner, could see the detailed information of users who are shared the items, by using OneDrive for Business standard feature.

Thank you for your consideration.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Network Drive functionality

I love Office 365, but some file types does not work directly from SharePoint and sync does not solve the issue as it contain "username" in folder path making collaboration "impossible" on graphical design files composed by multiple fragments and many co-authors.

This I suggest you to make a enterprise network mapping option, and the ability to prioritize updates to that sync. This would give the users the ability to have same folder path to the content.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve the behavior when searching a file of OneDrive for Business via Office 365 audit log

■Title(件名):
    Office 365 監査ログの機能で OneDrive for Business のファイルを検索する際の動作について

Improve the behavior when searching a file of OneDrive for Business via Office 365 audit log

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 監査ログの機能で OneDrive for Business のファイルを検索する際、バージョン管理で設定されている範囲内であれば管理者にて抽出したログ時点でのファイルを出力できる機能の搭載を希望します。

When we search for a file of OneDrive for Business by using Office 365 audit log, we would like you to add the ability to be able to export the file of when admins acquired the logs, if the time was within the time range set by versioning.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow personal annotation for shared files

Users are allowed to run notes on the shared files but the notes are available for personal view only and not shared like the files.

This way, users would have personal notes not visible to others but will have a single source for the actual shared file.

Example, I would be sharing files and discussing it over a meeting. Users can put notes on the shared files as we go along, but then these notes are available for their use only. Notes from other users are not shared, only the file.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to prioritize a specific file to sync on demand.

As an end user working multiple projects across multiple teams, I want to prioritize a specific file to sync on demand

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1. We need feature to be able to password protect shareble links. 2. password protect folders and files.

1. We need feature to be able to password protect shareble links. 2. password protect folders and files.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable commenting of Office files in the OneDrive Details panel same way as non-Office files

Enable commenting of Office files in the OneDrive Details panel in the same way as non-Office files

The recently released feature "Comments on non-Office Files" (Roadmap ID 16617) is excellent. But bafflngly, it does not support commenting - or even seeing the comments - of Office files without opening the document.

Please make this consistent, so that all files - both Office and non-Office - may be commented in OneDrive in the same way; or at least so that comments in Office files would show in OneDrive (at the moment, there's only a version history note saying that the file…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Documents as a task in my To-Do's

It would be great if I can add a document to my Task list in To-Do (like the new functionality in Outlook where I can add a email to my Task list.

Today I scan my document which I get by post and save them directly in OneDrive. If I have for example a invoice, I would like to add a reminder for that.
    At the Moment I have a Workaround and send me my document by email and add this email to my To-Do App as a new Task.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Office integration in Outlook

Please consider a option which automatically moves big mail attachments from Outlook to onedrive and replaces the attachment itself with a link to the file on OneDrive.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow OneDrive to support drawing tools to open, edit and save PDF files

■Title(件名):
    手書き機能について
    Allow OneDrive to support drawing tools to open, edit and save PDF files

■Description(内容):
    OneNote Online に保存されている PDF ファイルを手書きソフトで開けるようにし、また編集した内容を保存できるような機能の追加を希望します。
    It would be great if we will have a feature that allows OneDrive to support drawing tools to open, edit and save PDF files which store in OneNote Online.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. it would be amazing if it proactively searched for duplicate files: by name/date/size/type & facial recognition & told location of ea. file

its almost impossible to go back and clean up old photo albums when multiple kids have shared folders and photo streams and cloud albums, and then thumb drives, archive and mass external storage drives. it would be amazing if one drive (regardless of whether you are on the app or website), proactively searched for file duplicates, using a minimum of 5 different search criteria (size, type, date, name, facial recognition...) and temporarily segregated them, for review & acknowledgement of various locations where the document resides. Option to erase duplicates, compress image, leave as is, move, and so on would be…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Come up with a design where OneDrive For Business can be set for External Sharing at each Individual User OneDrive level

Currently when you set OneDrive for External Sharing - its a tenant setting, meaning all users in a tenant with OneDrive can share externally. This is a nightmare for governance perspective for any mid to large corporation. OneDrive External Sharing needs to be configured in a way where a user's OneDrive can be configured for External Sharing and others are not.

Also to configure OneDrive for External Sharing, SharePoint Sites should not be a dependency to be configured for External Sharing. Now SharePoint sites can be created through many services and this is absolutely a big headache to manage.

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hide the Print Details from the screen when printing files from Word Online

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business に保存している Word Online の印刷設定について

Hide the Print Details from the screen when printing files from Word Online

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business に保存している Word ファイルを Word Online で開いて印刷する際に表示される印刷設定の詳細を非表示にする機能を搭載してほしい。

When we try to print word files which saved on OneDrive for Business from Word Online, the “Print Details” is displayed automatically.

Since there is no option available to hide Print Details, it will be nice if we could choose to display/hide the Print Details freely.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The option to color the Folders in your files

Color-coding my folders (the same way its possible for categories in Outlook)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please create a way to easily view One Drive photos on Roku

Roku is one of the most popular TV software services for streaming and other apps. Please create an app that will let you display one drive pictures as a channel on Roku.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow customizing the sharing email title

■Title(件名):
    共有先に通知されるメールの件名をカスタマイズしたい

Allow customizing the sharing email title

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business 上からファイルを共有した場合、共有先のメールアドレスに以下の件名の通知メールが届く。
    <共有元ユーザー名> さんが "<ファイル名>" をあなたと共有しました。
    この件名を共有元のユーザーが任意でカスタマイズできる機能をお願いいたします。

As a user shares a file on SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business, the email with following title format will be sent to users who are shared to. For improvement of usability, allow us to edit the email title as needed.

Email title: <Name of a user who shared the file >shared {File name} file with you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Upload only link to customers with no access to open files uploaded

I would like to have ability to edit permissions for outside firms to only allow uploading to a folder on OneDrive. i.e. we can send customers a link to a OneDrive folder that only allows them to upload files and not open those files. Currently if I remove the ability to open files in permissions it also removes the ability to add files.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow us to open PowerPoint files which is shared with enabling [Block Download] option

■Title(件名):
    [ダウンロードを禁止する] を有効にした際の共有時の動作について
    Allow us to open PowerPoint files which is shared with enabling [Block Download] option

■Description(内容):
    [ダウンロードを禁止する] 機能を有効にして OneDrive for Business 上の PowerPoint のファイルの共有を行った場合、共有を受けたユーザーが iPhone および Android 端末のブラウザーでファイルを開けない。
    [ダウンロードを禁止する] 機能を有効にして共有を行った場合も、Word ファイルや Excel ファイルと同様に iPhone および Android 端末のブラウザーから共有を受けた PowerPoint ファイルを開けるようにしてほしい。

If PowerPoint file which is stored in OneDrive for Business is shared with enabling [Block Download] option, it is not available to open the file at browser of iPhone or Android devices.
    Word or Excel files are opened in same sharing situation, so it would be great if we can open PowerPoint files as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Preserve offline files across sessions on apps

When you are forced to log in again on the iOS app (for instance, if your password changes - which happens regularly in a lot of corporate setups) any downloaded files from shared locations get deleted.
    This can be quite annoying if every few months your AD password expires, all your downloaded shared files have to be downloaded again to use offline.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change 'ownership' of a OneDrive folder in Office365 Home

I have created a file folder structure for someone else in OneDrive and want to give them ownership of it - but am unable to do so as that is evidently 'not an option' yet I could do that if I was using Google Drive. I am using Office365 Home - seems like this should be a no brainer but have been unable to locate any information re this topic unless I'm an Office Business user, which I'm not. Please allow folder owner transfer in Office365 home.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories