OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Automatic upload

I think you should add the option to automatically upload any clip or a screenshot from Xbox to one drive without uploading them one by one

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow same access options in File Request as in file sharing

File Request feature is fantastic and has been very much needed. Thank you for implementing this feature. However, when I test it out, I noticed that access privilege settings are not as granular as file shares. For example, in deciding who has the privilege to upload the files, I am given the option to copy the link or to email someone the link. The latter doesn't even send a separate email with access code (which happens when you share a file with an email address). I can see the more relaxed approach in requesting for files as those receiving the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. More free storage compared to Google Drive

Provide more free storage to be competitive with Google. They offer three times more storage. I would probably use Microsoft's products more if they didn't seem so stingy with storage. I guess it's better than Dropbox, I guess but that not saying much.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive Sync to display why set to readonly

ODfB will set the Sync copy to ReadOnly if the Sharepoint document library settings for any one of Content Approval, Check Out, Draft Item Security, Mandatory Columns, Custom Views, Limited Lockdown Permissions or Permissions is incompatible with requirements. The ODfB client should display a checklist of the attributes that are required and indicate which one(s) are causing the ReadOnly setting to be set.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Stop automatically sharing Office Lens files

All files scanned with Office Lens are automatically shared with me. This could be hundets of files. There is no overwiew anymore in OneDrive and shared files. I want to disable automatically sharing for Office Lens. Actually I have to remove access file per file after scanning.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A feature to automate the search all the files shared with one specific user on OneDrive in order to stop all files shared with them.

A feature to automate the search all the files shared with one specific user on OneDrive in order to stop all files shared with them.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Disable OneDrive sign-in requirements if shared file bigger then 2GB when it shared via link with Anyone

Please allow to disable sign-in requirements for files that are bigger then 2Gb

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reduce the size of the "green tick" for synchronised files.

I find the size of the green check mark / tick and other icons used to verify file synchronisation, covers 3/4 of the Microsoft icon that indicates which program the file type is associated to. This makes it difficult to see at a glance what file type you are looking at. I have several documents across multiple Microsoft programs (and other programs too) that have the same or very similar file name. This check or tick or upload icon, makes it extremely difficult to see which file is which and you usually have to look at the "Type" column instead.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sharing excel file by embedding with disabling download link

I want to share an excel file by embedding links with the users with facility only to see and and edit the file but are not able to download file. I have tried it through onedrive embed facility, but users are able to download the file through open workbook online facility. However, while creating embed link on onedrive, onedrive asks whether to prevent downloading the file, but it is of no use, because the same link is always available on right hand side of the file when it is opened online by the user.
    It is requested to the team…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make shared folders visible for third party applications

Hey, me and my partner have little problem with sharing files that are meant to be used by third party app. The app uses OneDrive as a storage and we want to use one folder to share files and expand its content together. But in application folder is avaliable only on my account (as an owner). My partner on the other hand can't access the folder via mentioned application, but she can add content that I can access. So the problem is probably that she's not the owner of the folder and we can't set up 2 owners, so the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have atleast 10Gb of free storage

I had 100gb of free storage because of using a samsung device but now that the promotion has ended I realize that how less 5gb is!!!

I think we should have atleast 10gb for free, Google drive offers 15gb for free, as mush as I wanna use Google drive I still like Onedrive because I can access everything on my desktop in the file explorer. So PLzzz vote for this, I really really wish they add just 5 more gb for free plzzz🙏

Bill Gates 🙏

😫😫PLEASE!!!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Download Shared file instead of open it online

When you send a single file, allow users to download them instead of opening the file on Excel/power point/word online. That's a pain when you receive a large file and have to wait long to let it open and then download it or open it on your desktop.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Subfolders in OneDrive albums

I miss the possibility to create subfolders for (photo) albums in OneDrive.
    FOR EXAMPLE:
    Album "Travel"
    America (subfolder of folder "Travel")
    New York (subfolder of folder "America")
    Florida (subfolder of folder "America")
    Chicago (subfolder of folder "America")
    Or for example:

Album "Kids' Pictures"
    Michael (subfolder of folder "Kids' Pictures")
    2015 (subfolder of folder "Michael")
    01 January (subfolder of folder "2015")
    02 February (subfolder of folder "2015")
    2016 (subfolder of folder "Michael")
    01 January (subfolder of folder "2016")
    02 February (subfolder of folder "2016")
    Mia (subfolder of folder "Kids' Pictures")
    2018 (subfolder of folder "Mia")
    01 January (subfolder of…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Move or Copy file with Version History between Shared folder and Own private folder even between sharepoint folder and normal account folder

Move or Copy file with Version History between Shared folder and Own private folder even between sharepoint folder and normal account folder
    and
    Show shared folder (accessible folder from other user) in same tree list separated by types [Sharepoint, Free, ...]

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Generate SHARE LINK in advance ahead of time like DropBox!

I hate the fact that oneDrive has to wait for the file to be uploaded before a link is ready to share. This forces people like me to WAIT till that upload is finish in order to generate a share link.

In many other Cloud Sharing solutions like DropBox, the flow is much better.

As soon as you add a file in the ShareFolder, a share link is ready to be copy-pasted right away and if the other party visits that link and the file isn't done uploaded yet, it simply tells the user that the file is still uploading.…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the function to specify the sharing range

I would like to publish PowerPoint files saved on OneDrive on website created with WordPress, but not to allow viewers to copy or download my file.
    I would like to share the content, not the skill (e.g. how to create animations, )that is needed to creat the file.

So, I hope that OneDrive add a function to specify the sharing range if you publish files using embed code or shared link URL.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Share Links that Open Directly Into Office Desktop

Create a feature to allow users to share OneDrive links that open directly in Office Desktop rather than Office Online

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Shared Folder

It would be nice to know if the files inside a shared folder are downloaded, and / or if they are modified

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multiple unique share links for a file

We would like the ability to create multiple randomized public download links for a single file. Each link can have its own separate password or link expiration.

This would allow you to control access to a file to individuals not a part of your organization through different links, instead of creating a single link with global permissions for everybody.

It also opens up the door for other features, such as limiting the number of downloads and notifying a user that a file has been downloaded while still being able to share with multiple people.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make co-authoring (syncing) work

Currently, the co-authoring function works poorly on the Window Word client. The syncing lags significantly and it is so bad that real-time co-authoring is virtually impossible due to the text not showing up in real time, causing the texts to be locked. Moreover, whenever someone types more into the document before the slow syncing completes, conflicting copies of the same documents would be created and the OneDrive client will relentlessly ask me to choose an action to resolve this, and then only lead to losing information on either of the copies.
    Please fix real-time co-authoring.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories