OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Make it work properly when working from different machines

I have two excel spreadsheets that are updated by several devices and the failure rate of the sync is annoyingly high, Often I go in and it converts theworking copy to match the old one I have just opened on the machine I am then working on so I then have to spend time looking through the history to find an earlier version from another machine and restore, or reenter missing data. Other times I get a message to say the sync has failed - do I want to make a copy.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. File system for chrome os

It would be nice to have an extension for the file manager in Chrome Os that fully supports Onedrive. There is actually one (I guess an independent third party) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/file-system-for-onedrive/jbfdfcehgafdbfpniaimfbfomafoadgo but it doesn't work properly on my Chromebook.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable changing icon and user name displayed on a page shared by anonymous access link

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    匿名アクセスリンクにて共有を行った場合の共有先にて確認できるアイコンおよびユーザー名について

Enable changing icon and user name displayed on a page shared by anonymous access link

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business で匿名アクセスリンクにて共有を行った場合の共有先にて確認できるアイコンおよびユーザー名について、変更可能な機能の搭載を希望します。

When sharing items with external users by using anonymous access links, the icon and user name of the users who shared the items will be displayed on the shared page of OneDrive for Business.

In order to improve usability, please add a function to enable changing the icon and the user name displayed on the shared page.

Thank you for consideration.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Delete a deleted user’s OneDrive for Business at the same time when deleting the user’s account from Office 365

■Title(件名):
    Office 365 からユーザー アカウントを削除した際に、削除ユーザーの OneDrive for Business も同時に削除される機能の要望

Delete a deleted user’s OneDrive for Business at the same time when deleting the user’s account from Office 365

■Description(内容):
    現在、Office 365 からユーザーを削除すると、削除されたユーザーの OneDrive for Business 上のデータが一定期間残され、他のユーザーが共有アイテムにアクセスできてしまう。
    ユーザーを削除した際に、OneDrive for Business そのものを削除する機能や、共有されてるユーザーが削除されたユーザーの OneDrive for Business へアクセスできないよう選択する機能を追加してほしい。

Currently, even though we deleted a user from Office 365, the data of the deleted user’s OneDrive for Business remains for a certain period of times. This might cause the problem because other users can access the shared items of deleted user’s OneDrive for Business.

Therefore, I hope you to implement the feature…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow setting the expiration date when creating shared links

■Title(件名):
    有効期限を設定して共有リンクを作成する機能について

Allow setting the expiration date when creating shared links

■Description(内容):
    現在、ファイルやフォルダーに対して外部ユーザーがアクセス可能な共有リンクを作成する場合、誰でもアクセス可能な匿名の共有リンクを作成した場合のみ、有効期限を設定することができる。
    特定のユーザーのみ利用可能な共有リンクには有効期限を設定することができないため、期間を指定して共有リンクを作成できるよう機能を追加して欲しい。

Currently, if we want to set the expiration date for sharing links that external users can access, the sharing links need to be anonymous links, accessible from anyone know the links.
    It means that it is not possible to set the expiration date for shared links which can be accessed from only specific users.
    To solve this problem, allow us to create shared links with specifying the time duration to be shared.

Thank you for your consideration.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a feature that can set a password to items when sharing data from OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business からデータを共有する際に、パスワードを設定する機能を搭載してほしい

Add a feature that can set a password to items when sharing data from OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business からデータを共有する際に、個人用 OneDrive で搭載されている、パスワードを設定する機能を搭載してほしい

I hope you to implement the feature that can set a password to items when sharing data from OneDrive for Business. This feature is currently available in personal OneDrive and I believe it will be very useful if this feature could be used in OneDrive for Business as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide the feature to confirm OneDrive for Business storage limit from OneDrive app.

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリから OneDrive for Business のストレージ容量を確認できるようにして欲しい

Provide the feature to confirm OneDrive for Business storage limit from OneDrive app.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリから OneDrive for Business のストレージの合計容量および使用容量を確認する機能を追加して欲しい

I hope the feature will be added that enables confirming the storage limit/storage used in OneDrive for Business from OneDrive app.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it possible to use the option [Browse notebooks] when adding a OneNote tab while restricting the use of OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 制限した状態でも Microsoft Teams の OneNote タブの追加時に [ノートブックの参照] を利用できるようにして欲しい。

Make it possible to use the option [Browse notebooks] when adding a OneNote tab while restricting the use of OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    運用上 OneDrive for Business の利用を制限している状態ですが、Microsoft Teams にて OneNote タブの追加時に [ノートブックの参照] が利用できない動作を確認している。
    SharePoint Online にて共有されている OneNote ファイルのタブを追加する際に OneNote ファイルの参照ができないと不便に感じます。
    OneDrive for Business を制限した状態でも Microsoft Teams の OneNote タブの追加時に [ノートブックの参照] を利用できるようにして欲しい。

We restrict the use of OneDrive for Business in our operation, and it is confirmed that we are not able to select the option [Browse notebooks] when adding a OneNote tab.
    It is…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Collaboration of Office 365 service and the third party service "ServiceMAX"

■Title(件名):
    他社製サービスとの連携機能について

Collaboration of Office 365 service and the third-party service "ServiceMAX"

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 と他社製サービスの "ServiceMAX" について、現時点では連携機能の用意がないため、機能の追加を希望します。

Currently we cannot perform collaboration work between Office 365 services and the third-party service “ServiceMax”. It will be great if we could have feature to work those two services together.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Restrict sharing items without permission in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business で共有相手が別ユーザーを共有できる動作について

Restrict sharing items without permission in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    現在、OneDrive for Business 内のフォルダーに対して、編集権限を付与し別ユーザーに共有した場合、共有されたユーザーがフォルダー内上部の [共有] リンクから、別ユーザーに共有リンクを送信できる動作となる。
    権限の管理が付与されていないユーザーが別ユーザーに共有リンクが送信できないよう機能の改善を希望します。

If I grant the edit permission to a folder in OneDrive for Business and share the folder with another user, the shared user will be able to share the folder with other users by sending the [Share] link from the folder.

For improvement of manageability, add an option to restrict users who have no right to manage permissions from sending a shared link to other users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make external users name anonymous while performing co-authoring in Excel file

■Title(件名):
    同時編集中の外部ユーザーを匿名にしたい

Make external users name anonymous while performing co-authoring in Excel file

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上の Excel ファイルを複数人の外部ユーザーがアクセスすると、それぞれのメール アドレスが作業者として表示されてしまう。
    外部ユーザー名を匿名にできるようにしてほしい。

When multiple external users access an Excel file on OneDrive for Business, their email address are automatically shown as workers.
    Please consider making external users’ names anonymous to improve the usability.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Drag and Drop folders and files

Allow Drag and Drop folders and files from and to - Emails, Calendar & especially Teams.

The folders here address any folders (with security in mind), i.e. to avoid download files and then only share steps.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Pictures Folder Is A Convoluted Mess - Needs to respect origin and folders

Pictures come from a camera via my PC and from my phone. I organize folders on Android by the edit software I use. I organize photos on Windows by the subject. I can't make any sense out of how, let alone why, 1D merges and recombines the pictures and folders. Please, just have a folder for the source device, then folders under each device as they are on the device, and wtf is cameraroll all about?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. AutoCAD/Adobe and Onedrive Sync

We are a large Design and Engineering department trying to move from local server to the cloud as this would make our life easier especially while working with different offices globaly.

We use Autocad with a lot of Xrefs. We found that across our team, when someone open a CAD file, it disappears from all the other peoples onedrives on their computers.

This is an issue because if this file is reloaded, it disappears and shows as missing, until the person that is editing it, saves and closes it.

If you work on a local server, or even with google…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sharing options mismatch while sharing a One Drive file as a link from One Drive and Outlook

Repro Steps:

A. Open your tenant and open One Drive from the launcher menu.

B. Select any file and click on Share from the ribbon.
    C. In the "Send Link" dialogue box, click on "People in Microsoft with the link can edit".
    D. We have the following sharing options available.
    a. Anyone
    b. People in Microsoft
    c. People with existing access
    d. Specific People
    E. Choose "Specific People" and click "Apply".
    F. In "Enter a name or email address" , type an external email address such as hotmail.com or gmail.com.
    G. Click Send.
    H. When the user will receive an
    4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Cannot receive alert emails when sharing items on OneDrive for Business via Outlook client

■Title(件名):
    Outlook クライアントより添付ファイル機能にて OneDrive for Business のアイテムを共有する際の動作について

Cannot receive alert emails when sharing items on OneDrive for Business via Outlook client

■Description(内容):
    Outlook クライアントより添付ファイル機能にて OneDrive for Business のアイテムを共有すると、匿名アクセス リンクでの共有となるため、共有先ユーザーからの再共有など通知を受け取ることができない。
    そのため、Outlook クライアントから OneDrive for Business のアイテムを共有した場合でも 所有者に通知を設定可能な機能を搭載してほしい。

We noticed that as we share items on OneDrive for Business from Outlook client by using file attachment feature, the items will be shared with anonymous access links. Because of that reason, we cannot receive the alert when the shared users share those items with another user.

Therefore, I hope the feature will be implemented that can send alert emails to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove un-synced library from explorer

I stopped syncing a shared document library but the folder remained in my file explorer.

Because the un-synced folder remained in explorer I accidentally deleted the other synced library, which deleted all of the files in the library. Removing the un-synced folder from explorer immediately would prevent this user error in the future.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Prevent the creation of a manually created folder in the root of the Tenant Client Synce Team sites

From the explorer view, and the root hierarchy of Team Site Sync'd data under the Tenant name. End-user are able to manually create a new folder and sub structure. This data does not get sync'd.

This results in data being resident to the device only, and not sync'd back.

If the same action is done from within a Team Site structure, the data is sync'd.

Need to understand how to limit/prevent users from creating this non-sync'd folder structure.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Track number of file downloads

It would be fantastic to include a way to see how many times a file has been downloaded. This should be a basic function for any file sharing service. People use OneDrive for business purposes and would obviously want to know if people are downloading certain files. Such a simple feature would be easy to add to the details of the file.

This suggestion has been made for both OneDrive and Google Drive, and the only responses they have ever received is "This is an interesting feature and we'll consider adding it." I don't understand how something so basic could…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add the function that can stop sharing items at once in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business にて一括で共有設定を解除する機能について

Add a function that can stop sharing items at once in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にて共有設定されているアイテムを複数選択し、一括で共有設定解除する機能の搭載を希望します。

Please add a function to OneDrive for Business to be able to select multiple shared items and stop sharing at once.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories