OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Personal vault feature for corporate tenant

Pls make available personal vault feature for corporate tenant. Thanks

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bird is downloading your onedirve,what is meaing? what is bird which is stealing my documents?

"bird is downloading your onedirve",what is meaing? what is bird which is stealing my documents?

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option for OneDrive to Skip Backup of Select Folders, without deleting them from our computers.

Folders like ".git", "tmp", "cache" should never be backed up. They are easily regenerated and there is no logical reason to backup these folders ever. These folders need to be skipped.

Currently we have the option to not backup certain folders but they will be deleted from our computers if we do. How about allow us to keep the folder on our computers and OneDrive...simply ignores it.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shares expiration after X days for all sharing levels (Public, New External, Existing External, ...)

Hello everyone,

For security reasons, I think it would be interesting to be able to limit all the shares proposed by OneDrive in time.

Today, we can define the number of days after which a share expires only when we configure OneDrive to the most permissive level: Share with everyone.

Why not allow this expiration notion for other levels of sharing?

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please allow different permission settings between Admin Centers for "Apps that don't use modern authentication".

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    先進認証を使用していないアプリの許可設定を個別に設定したい
    Please allow different permission settings between Admin Centers for "Apps that don't use modern authentication".

■Description(内容):
    現在 SharePoint 管理センターと、OneDrive 管理センターの "先進認証を使用していないアプリ" を許可 / 禁止する項目は連動していることを確認しております。
    SharePoint Online 側のみ、または OneDrive for Business 側のみ、など、先進認証を使用していないアプリの許可 / 禁止設定をそれぞれ個別に行えるよう、機能の拡張をお願いいたします。

Currently, the SharePoint Admin Center and OneDrive Admin Center have a setting to allow or disallow "Apps that don't use modern authentication". I would like to see a provision to allow setting the allow/disallow state individually on both SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change behavior where if the Office Online tile is hidden it becomes impossible to use

■Title(件名):
    タイルの非表示化設定をすると Office Online が使用できなくなる事象を改善してほしい。
    Change behavior where if the Office Online tile is hidden it becomes impossible to use

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online と Office Online のライセンスが付与されていても、SharePoint 管理センターの "OneDrive と Office Online"のタイルを非表示化した場合、Office Online の URL にアクセスすると 「ライセンスがありません」とエラーになる。
    一部ユーザーのみで Office Online を使用したいため、タイルを表示せずに Office Online を使用できるようにしてほしい。
    Even if licenses for SharePoint Online and Office Online are correctly assigned, if the “OneDrive and Office Online” tile is set to be hidden via the SharePoint Admin Center, attempting to access the Office Online URL results in a “No license” error.
    I want to have only certain users use Office Online, so…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Regarding external sharing settings for specified domains in the Admin Center

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 管理センターにて設定するドメインを指定した外部共有設定について
    Regarding external sharing settings for specified domains in the Admin Center

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 管理センターにて設定するドメインを指定した外部共有設定にて、SharePoint Online とは連動せずに独立して設定が可能となる機能をお願いします。
    When setting sharing settings for specified domains in the OneDrive Admin Center, I would request a way to specify these settings such that they are independent of SharePoint Online.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide us the feature to change syncing files status as [Free up space] automatically

■Title(件名):
    同期しているファイルを自動的に 「空き領域を増やす」 状態に変える機能を追加してほしい。
    Provide us the feature to change syncing files status as [Free up space] automatically

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business ファイルオンデマンドを利用して同期しているファイルに対して、PCのユーザー切り替えや PC のシャットダウンのタイミングですべての同期ファイルを「空き領域を増やす」 状態に変える機能を追加してほしい。

When user account was switched on the PC or shutdown PCs, I would like to see the feature to change the status as [Free up space] for all files which are synced by OneDrive for Business Files On-Demand.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please update OneDrive for Business storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed

■Title(件名):
    ライセンス切り替えに伴う OneDrive for Business の容量変更を自動化してほしい。
    Please update OneDrive for Business storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed

■Description(内容):
    F1 ライセンスから E3 ライセンスに切り替えたユーザーの OneDrive for Business の容量が、2 GB から 1 TB に変更されるはずだが自動的に変更されない。
    PowerShell での変更が必要になるため、ライセンス変更時に自動的に OneDrive for Business の容量も変更されるようにしてほしい。

It would be great if OneDrive storage size will be updated from 2GB to 1TB automatically when the assigned license to users are changed from F1 to E3.
    In current design, we need to change the size via PowerShell, so please change storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow admins to review the contents of “Shared with Me” of each user in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の各ユーザーの "自分と共有" を確認したい。
    Allow admins to review the contents of “Shared with Me” of each user in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    テナント内の別ユーザーの OneDrive for Business にアクセスした場合、画面左側の [共有] - [自分と共有] を表示すると閲覧できないため、当該のユーザーが共有を受けたアイテムのチェックが困難である。
    また、画面左側の [最近使ったアイテム] においても、当該のユーザーが利用していたアイテムは表示されない動作であるため、管理者が個人用サイトを確認する際に不便な部分がある。
    テナント内の別ユーザーの [自分と共有] および [最近使ったアイテム] を簡易的に確認するために、別ユーザーの操作および管理している内容が閲覧できるように、機能拡充を希望します。

I can’t see the list of [Share] – [Shared with me] when I access to other user’s (in the same tenant) OneDrive for Business, and this behavior make me harder to check the shared item in the user’s OneDrive for Business.

Also, in my [Recent item] on the left pain, the items which was used…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow us to choose application when specifying and applying conditional access policies

■Title(件名):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを指定して適用したい。
    Allow us to choose application when specifying and applying conditional access policies

■Description(内容):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを指定する際、OneDrive for Business 、SharePoint Online、Teams をそれぞれ選択して適用できる機能の実装をお願いいたします。

I would like to see the feature to choose application such as OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online and Teams when specifying and applying conditional access policies.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Storage allocation on Folder Level

Hello All,

How about having the folder level storage allocation in SharePoint Online / OneDrive for Business / OneDrive Personal.
    Let me try and explain my requirement I am a professional photographer I use OneDrive for sharing my Photographs with my clients with "view only" permission I also share my OneDrive with my Team (with Edit / Full Control Permission) so that they can upload the pics from the location since my team has the "Edit / Full Control" they can upload as many pics they want so basically I want to have better control with regards to the storage…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow us to restrict downloading items from OneDrive for Business with specifying machines

■Title(件名):
    指定した端末から OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムのダウンロードを禁止する機能について
    Allow us to restrict downloading items from OneDrive for Business with specifying machines

■Description(内容):
    指定した端末ごとに、OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムのダウンロードを制御する機能について、現在の Office 365 の機能では実現できないことを確認しました。
    そのため、指定した PC およびモバイル端末にて、OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムがダウンロードできないよう制御する機能について、新機能として実装をお願いいたします。

I would like to see the feature to restrict downloading items from OneDrive for Business, with specifying computer and mobile devices.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enhance Restore-SPODeletedSite command

We have encountered problems with users that left the company then returned after a few months. In a hybrid scenario, with AD on-premise and rest of the O365 in cloud, users returning are provisioned new empty OneDrives. When we attempt to restore their old drives, we cannot do that because the SiteID is already in use. It would be nice to add few flags for the Restore-SPODeletedSite command to enable the override of a current existing SiteID or at least to be able to restore a deleted drive under a different SiteID

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Regarding the behavior of notifications when a file is downloaded from a shared folder in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business において、共有したフォルダー内のファイルをダウンロードした際の通知動作について
    Regarding the behavior of notifications when a file is downloaded from a shared folder in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business において、ファイル単体で共有設定を実施した場合、共有先ユーザーでそのファイルをダウンロードした際には共有元ユーザーにメールで通知される機能がありますが、フォルダーを共有先として指定した場合には、共有先のユーザーがフォルダー内のファイルをダウンロードしても共有元ユーザーに通知される機能がありません。この通知機能を追加してほしい。

In OneDrive for Business, if an individual file is shared then there exists a function that notifies the owner when a user downloads that file. However, there is no such notification functionality if the sharing is set at the folder level, and the files within the folder are downloaded. I would like to see this feature added in the future.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow us to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site

■Title(件名):
    サイトの既定の言語 (第一言語) を変更したい
    Allow us to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site

■Description(内容):
    作成済みのサイトの既定の言語 (第一言語) を任意に変更できるようにしてほしい。
    I would like to see the feature to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site in any.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Changing the organization name displayed on OneDrive and SharePoint Online

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive や SharePoint Online で表示される組織名称の変更について
    Changing the organization name displayed on OneDrive and SharePoint Online

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 同期アプリなどで同期をした際など、OneDrive - 組織名 の名所で同期フォルダーが作成されます。
    1 つのテナントで複数のグループ会社で使用するため、表示を個別で変更できるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

When you sync with the OneDrive app, a folder is created in the “OneDrive – OrganizationName” location.
    Since we have a number of company groups in our tenant, we would like to be able to change these individually.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow administrators to force users setting password when they share items via sharing links

■Title(件名):
    共有リンクのパスワードの設定を必須とする機能について
    Allow administrators to force users setting password when they share items via sharing links

■Description(内容):
    管理者側の制御により、各ユーザーのアイテム共有時にパスワードの設定を必須とすることができるようにしてほしい。

I would like to see the feature for administrators to force users setting password when they share items via sharing links.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change to the default setting of “Prevent downloads” when sharing files

■Title(件名):
    ファイル共有時の [ダウンロードを禁止する] 項目の既定値を変更したい
    Change to the default setting of “Prevent downloads” when sharing files

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 内のファイルを共有する際の "リンクの設定" 画面にある [ダウンロードを禁止する] 項目の既定値をオンにしたい。
    誤ってダウンロードを許可したファイルの共有リンクを発行しないようにするため、既定値を変更する機能の実装を要望します。
    When sharing files within OneDrive for Business, I would like the default setting for “Prevent downloads” to be “On” on the link settings screen.
    This is in order to prevent users accidentally sharing links that allow the download of files.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories