OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. We hope to use the "Contents Search" feature to filter the names of users that we have chatted with before on Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    コンテンツ検索機能にて、Teams 上でチャットを実施した際の相手 (共有先) の名前でフィルタリングをおこないたい
    We hope to use the "Contents Search" feature to filter the names of users that we have chatted with before on Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft 365 管理センターの "コンテンツ検索" 機能にて、Teams 上のチャットにてファイルの送信を実施した際の相手 (共有先) の名前で検索およびフィルタリングを行えるよう、機能の実装をお願いします。​
    We hope that the Microsoft 365 Administrator center "Contents Search" feature will be improved to enable users to search and filter the name of other parties (user to share with) that the users have shared files with before on Teams chat.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MFA support for OneDrive sync client

Azure B2B guest user cannot use the OneDrive sync client, because the client does not support Multi-Factor-Authentication (MFA)!

Please implement MFA for the B2B sync for OneDrive.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Unable to get a list of the information from the PowerShell commandlet if not added as the owner of My Site

■Title(件名):
    個人用サイトに管理者として追加されていないと、PowerShell コマンドレットにて情報一覧を取得できない
    Unable to get a list of the information from the PowerShell commandlet if not added as the owner of My Site

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のサイト コレクションの所有者を確認する PowerShell コマンドレットは、該当のサイト コレクションの所有者でなければ、すべてのユーザーのステータスが “False” となり、正常な結果を得ることができません。
    全体管理者であれば、サイトコレクションの所有者に登録されていなくてもテナント内のユーザーのサイト コレクションの所有者を確認できるよう、機能の拡充をお願いします。
    If a user is not the owner of given Site Collections, all user’s statuses will read as “False” when using a PowerShell commandlet to check the ownership of Site Collections in OneDrive for Busines. Please change the functionality such that global administrators can check the ownership of Site Collections by users within tenant without being registered as the Site Collection’s…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Creating a Static Link which does not include Personal Information when sharing files.

OneDrive "get link" URL contains personally-identifiable information. The URL that OneDrive gives you, when you share a folder, or file, contains both the organization name, as well as your personal email address.
    "https://<your organization>-my.sharepoint.com/personal/<your email address>/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?folderid=1fc523d2004e243e5b01f8444a25aa921&authkey=ATiR2GckBFQK9-Tl8u4Q6bM"

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Personal vault feature for corporate tenant

Pls make available personal vault feature for corporate tenant. Thanks

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want a feature to view log of items deleted due to the expiration of recycle bin retention period

■Title(件名):
    ごみ箱の保管期限を過ぎて自動削除されたログを取得する機能を希望
    I want a feature to view log of items deleted due to the expiration of recycle bin retention period

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online や OneDrive for Business にて、ごみ箱の保管期限を過ぎて自動削除されたファイルを確認できる機能の追加をしてほしい。
    I hope a function that allows checking of files that were automatically deleted due to the expiration of recycle bin retention period will be implemented for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. bird is downloading your onedirve,what is meaing? what is bird which is stealing my documents?

"bird is downloading your onedirve",what is meaing? what is bird which is stealing my documents?

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option for OneDrive to Skip Backup of Select Folders, without deleting them from our computers.

Folders like ".git", "tmp", "cache" should never be backed up. They are easily regenerated and there is no logical reason to backup these folders ever. These folders need to be skipped.

Currently we have the option to not backup certain folders but they will be deleted from our computers if we do. How about allow us to keep the folder on our computers and OneDrive...simply ignores it.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Shares expiration after X days for all sharing levels (Public, New External, Existing External, ...)

Hello everyone,

For security reasons, I think it would be interesting to be able to limit all the shares proposed by OneDrive in time.

Today, we can define the number of days after which a share expires only when we configure OneDrive to the most permissive level: Share with everyone.

Why not allow this expiration notion for other levels of sharing?

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Last modified date is not reflected when I change a retention policy

■Title(件名):
    アイテム保持ポリシーを変更した際に最終変更日が反映されない
    Last modified date is not reflected when I change a retention policy

■Description(内容):
    作成済みのアイテム保持ポリシーに対して、"次のコンテンツに適用" や "設定" を変更すると、保存直後は保持ポリシーの最終変更日が更新されるものの、画面を更新すると最終変更日が以前の状態に戻っている。
    アイテム保持ポリシーの "状態" や "ポリシー名" "説明文" を変更した場合は最終変更日が更新された日付となっており、変更した内容によって反映される動作が異なる。
    本動作について、変更内容を保存した場合は最終変更日が反映されるよう改善してほしい。
    If I change the "Apply to the following content" and "Settings" for a retention policy that I have created, the last modification date of the retention policy is updated immediately after the save, but the last modified date returns to its original state when I refresh the screen.
    If I change the retention policy’s status or policy name, the date of the last change is the updated date, but the behavior…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please allow different permission settings between Admin Centers for "Apps that don't use modern authentication".

■Title(件名):
    先進認証を使用していないアプリの許可設定を個別に設定したい
    Please allow different permission settings between Admin Centers for "Apps that don't use modern authentication".

■Description(内容):
    現在 SharePoint 管理センターと、OneDrive 管理センターの "先進認証を使用していないアプリ" を許可 / 禁止する項目は連動していることを確認しております。
    SharePoint Online 側のみ、または OneDrive for Business 側のみ、など、先進認証を使用していないアプリの許可 / 禁止設定をそれぞれ個別に行えるよう、機能の拡張をお願いいたします。

Currently, the SharePoint Admin Center and OneDrive Admin Center have a setting to allow or disallow "Apps that don't use modern authentication". I would like to see a provision to allow setting the allow/disallow state individually on both SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change behavior where if the Office Online tile is hidden it becomes impossible to use

■Title(件名):
    タイルの非表示化設定をすると Office Online が使用できなくなる事象を改善してほしい。
    Change behavior where if the Office Online tile is hidden it becomes impossible to use

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online と Office Online のライセンスが付与されていても、SharePoint 管理センターの "OneDrive と Office Online"のタイルを非表示化した場合、Office Online の URL にアクセスすると 「ライセンスがありません」とエラーになる。
    一部ユーザーのみで Office Online を使用したいため、タイルを表示せずに Office Online を使用できるようにしてほしい。
    Even if licenses for SharePoint Online and Office Online are correctly assigned, if the “OneDrive and Office Online” tile is set to be hidden via the SharePoint Admin Center, attempting to access the Office Online URL results in a “No license” error.
    I want to have only certain users use Office Online, so…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Regarding external sharing settings for specified domains in the Admin Center

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 管理センターにて設定するドメインを指定した外部共有設定について
    Regarding external sharing settings for specified domains in the Admin Center

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 管理センターにて設定するドメインを指定した外部共有設定にて、SharePoint Online とは連動せずに独立して設定が可能となる機能をお願いします。
    When setting sharing settings for specified domains in the OneDrive Admin Center, I would request a way to specify these settings such that they are independent of SharePoint Online.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. (DCR) modify the behavior of how the data is stored after a user selects “stop backup” on an ad\hoc basis

Issue:
    • When you stop the backup of any of your known folders, the files stay in the OneDrive folder instead of being moved to the original folder location.
    • The message you get is not very clear for a non-technical user, which will make them think they are losing their files by stopping the backup.

We would like to either make OneDrive to move the files back to the original location. [ definitely would like to push for this option.

Or if it’s not possible due to design / change complexity… To provide a more user friendly message, indicating…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow us to choose application when specifying and applying conditional access policies

■Title(件名):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを指定して適用したい。
    Allow us to choose application when specifying and applying conditional access policies

■Description(内容):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを指定する際、OneDrive for Business 、SharePoint Online、Teams をそれぞれ選択して適用できる機能の実装をお願いいたします。

I would like to see the feature to choose application such as OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online and Teams when specifying and applying conditional access policies.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Provide us the feature to change syncing files status as [Free up space] automatically

■Title(件名):
    同期しているファイルを自動的に 「空き領域を増やす」 状態に変える機能を追加してほしい。
    Provide us the feature to change syncing files status as [Free up space] automatically

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business ファイルオンデマンドを利用して同期しているファイルに対して、PCのユーザー切り替えや PC のシャットダウンのタイミングですべての同期ファイルを「空き領域を増やす」 状態に変える機能を追加してほしい。

When user account was switched on the PC or shutdown PCs, I would like to see the feature to change the status as [Free up space] for all files which are synced by OneDrive for Business Files On-Demand.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable Option to Turn off Onedrive for Business Versioning

I am currently using OneDrive for Business as a back-up storage which mirrors one of my other cloud storage. The version files takes up space every time we trigger a sync. I would like for the option to turn-off versioning for OneDrive.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please update OneDrive for Business storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed

■Title(件名):
    ライセンス切り替えに伴う OneDrive for Business の容量変更を自動化してほしい。
    Please update OneDrive for Business storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed

■Description(内容):
    F1 ライセンスから E3 ライセンスに切り替えたユーザーの OneDrive for Business の容量が、2 GB から 1 TB に変更されるはずだが自動的に変更されない。
    PowerShell での変更が必要になるため、ライセンス変更時に自動的に OneDrive for Business の容量も変更されるようにしてほしい。

It would be great if OneDrive storage size will be updated from 2GB to 1TB automatically when the assigned license to users are changed from F1 to E3.
    In current design, we need to change the size via PowerShell, so please change storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 建议onedrive个人保管库在锁定状态下依然可以同步更改

onedrive个人保管库只能在解锁状态下才能同步更改,这个机制不太合理,当我需要在个人保管库中上传大文件时,一般都不能在20分钟(保管库自动锁定时间)内完成上传更新任务,这时个人保管库会自动锁定并停止上传,导致我在其他设备上无法看到我在保管库中修改的内容。建议修改为在锁定状态下依然可以同步更改但是不能查看,这样更好一些,

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow us to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site

■Title(件名):
    サイトの既定の言語 (第一言語) を変更したい
    Allow us to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site

■Description(内容):
    作成済みのサイトの既定の言語 (第一言語) を任意に変更できるようにしてほしい。
    I would like to see the feature to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site in any.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories