OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. you might consider making the 'lock' personalised thru settings or such ....

from zero (locks instantly) up to 20mins. I'm not sure if security is higher this way or in password protected documents?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Secure One Drive (web, android, iOS, PC and Mac) using two step authentication

Secure One Drive (web, android, iOS, PC and Mac) using two step verification just like in "Personal Vault". This would definitely secure our One Drive in an event when one of our devices would be stolen. I have signed in to One Drive web recently and typed all the password and it automatically connects me with my One Drive without verifying who entered the password. What if something happens to one or more of my devices, how can I retrieve and possibly secure all my files in my Account. Identity theft is still the number one issue today.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix security for OneDrive Folders & Files on Android.

OneDrive app for Android is giving users a false sense of security. You can enable a password, or on certain devices, fingerprint security or facial recognition to unlock OneDrive. But if the user has installed Word Mobile, or Excel Mobile, all OneDrive folders and files are accessible without any password, fingerprint or other security. There is no way to limit the Word mobile or Excel mobile apps on Android from having access to OneDrive folders and files. So any security for OneDrive is completely bypassed.
    If one were to lose one's device, the whole idea of requiring security is so…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. if I don't have a moblie phone what do I do

does anyone have an idea how to retrieve my stuff of OneDrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Increase the filesize limit up to 100GB/File

Microsoft, please increase the OneDrive filesize limit to a much higher size!

The current filesize Limit is not up-to-date!

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Let us use alternate libraries from the default "Documents"

Inside Onedrive for Business, we are currently able to go to "Site Contents" and add additional libraries, which currently works for integrations with other products such as Dynamics 365, however we have been told that alternate libraries inside OneDrive are being deprecated and will no longer be supported.
    This decision to deprecate alternate libraries should be reversed for several reasons including the fact that it contradicts the existing limitations on the number of items that can exist in a single library.
    Let us continue using alternate libraries inside OneDrive for Business, as we need this to continue being supported going…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Path of file in info

Searching a file via common specifications (e.g.: Rome municipality, conifers, article1.pdf) can gives various proposed file, but do not offer (at least in the info) the path of the file: they make it cumbersome to discern between multiple editions of the file, different topics and folders (shared or not), and in general recognize at a glance the exact location (in my case factor of productivity) become a complicated task.
    So please Just add those infos where it's supposed to find their.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why delay "Personal Vault" for UK your 2nd largest MS market?

Why delay "Personal Vault" for UK your 2nd largest MS market?
    Subscribers in UK have to pay but wait for benefits

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. deleted file

Allow deleted files to be kept for 1year, up from standard 30days, for additional charge

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Let us enable versioning for a folder and file as well

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    バージョン管理機能の範囲について。
    Let us enable versioning for a folder and file as well

■Description(内容):
    バージョン管理機能を使用する場合、SharePoint Online では "リスト" "ライブラリ" 単位で設定が可能。
    また、OneDrive for Business では "ライブラリ" 単位で設定が可能ですが、"フォルダー" および "ファイル" 単位でも細かく設定ができるよう、機能の実装をお願いします。

I would like to configure versioning not only for a library, but also for a folder and file at both SharePoint and OneDrive for Business.

Thank you for your consideration.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Could the block sync for OneDrive desktop application be enhanced so OneDrive for Business and Sharepoint could be treated differently.

Currently business uses the OneDrive client for 2 different purposes, the first is to provide users and interface with OneDrive for business. The users are not allowed to download this data to personal devices, so the option has been set to only allow this for domain joined devices.
    The client is also used to access sharepoint online, which is used to share with external customers, so we dont want the same restriction.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Me habian enviado notificaciones q cerrarian mi cuenta, antes de esto la han inmovilizado,luego si quiero hacer algo al respecto, no puedo!.

Me habian enviado notificaciones q cerrarían mi cuenta, antes de esto la han inmovilizado,luego si quiero hacer algo al respecto, no puedo!.Me habían enviado notificaciones q cerrarian mi cuenta en agosto, Justo 15 dias antes de esto la han inmovilizado, luego si quiero tomar acciones al respecto, no puedo!.. no tuve el tiempo antes y sin avisar la bloquean. Agradecería que fuera menos complicado y la desbloquearan pronto para poder hacer los ajustes.
    Un saludo

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Betalen

Graag via ideal betalen als student heb je geen recht op een creditcard owm inkomensgrens. Ik kan dus mijn account niet upgraden

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to audit/view who you have shared OneDrive files with as attachments in Outlook

When attaching a link to a OneDrive for Business document within Outlook there should be a way you can audit or view who you have shared the link/document with. for example i've sent links to many files in my OneDrive over the past year or so but i'd like to be able to see who i've shared what and with who

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Selective Sync

Allow us to select folders to not sync within the Entire sync'd drive on devices we choose. Eg. I have a folder with a lot of tutorial videos on my laptop that I would like to share with my peers, but I do not want it to sync to my iPad because that would take up way too much space.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set as default location storage for cloud users (Azure AD users)

I have a problem forcing users NOT to save files and folder on the PC (Documents, C or D drive, Desktop..etc).

Therefore, I would suggest to add an option to force all Azure cloud users to save files and folders to OneDrive (as OneDrive for users account or on Teams files) or set it as the default location is fine too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. هر شخص صاحب خرد و دانش است پس خواه استفاده میکند اکر نخواهد .. خود جواب میدهد

هیچ دولت و یه سازمان جاسوسی حق نداره که وارد حریم خصوصی و خاص آن گردد حتا ابر قدرت ها /هرچند این فکر و راه من است هیچ کشور و سازمانی ارزش قائل نیست تا که قدرت و توان نداشته باشی
    ما توکل به الله متعال می نماییم و جز او از هیچ کس ترک نداریم
    اسلام و علیکم و رحمه الله

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. dguillaumier@gmail.com

I,thought,you are there ,to help and serve people,wow,thanks for your respond,it made me very happy,im sure ,that ,many people have the same problem, im not alone,in this thank you,

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tighter supervision for the support team

I tried to report a simple bug through the support (request 1500877 - are there other ways of reporting a bug?) and it has been a ridiculous experience: they continuously replied with nonsensical **** to bounce me off to the Office support or just make me give up. After 20 useless mail exchanges I gave up. A mix of negligence and incompetence never seen before.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. no respond

hi,i have been trying to do something on my computer,but ,I cant seem to have anything goes,it keep saying ,,we cant reach this page,it is very frustratinf,day after day,there is nothing ,I can do,i think,somebody,is hacking my computer. this never happened to me, D,G.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base