OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. The ability to prohibit certain classes of users from sharing with all users.

For a given class of users we need the ability to block the "share with everyone" feature.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Folder and File share access - restrict via IP Address

We would like to assign share access to Folders and Files to specific users that are connecting from specific IP addresses. This can already be done as a whole within sharepoint but this prevents access to other areas of the system.

We have confidential information that we would like staff to view that can be viewed only from the Company's external IP Address.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need extend size limitation for encrypted 22gb container of sensitive files. Off-site weekly backup.

Need extend size limitation for encrypted 22gb container of sensitive files. Off-site weekly backup required. Maximum file size limitation should be at least 50gb, no less.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Features for site collection administrator’s maintenance

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ユーザー削除後のサイト コレクションの管理者について
    Features for site collection administrator’s maintenance

■Description(内容):
    現在、ユーザー削除後のサイト コレクションの管理者は削除されたユーザーのままであるが、管理者を不在のままサイト コレクションを保持する機能の実装を要望いたします。また、サイト コレクションの管理者(プライマリ)を現在外すことができませんが、外すことができるコマンドレットも用意していただきたいです。

I would like to see the feature regarding site administrator as below:

・the way to maintain the site without administrators after previous admin was deleted from organization. At current design, the deleted user will remain as administrator at the site.

・cmltd for deleting site collection administrator (primary). We do not have any way to delete it at current behavior.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow subdirectories within OneDrive to be flagged as no sync

Lightroom writes its temp files/thumbnails to a subdirectory within my Lightroom directory on OneDrive. All the temp files sync, taking up a lot of unncessary space. I want to flag the directory as sync disabled so it doesn't roam via onedrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. hand bag

back pack hat and shoes carrier

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. sharing restrictions for groups

Be able to restrict groups from sharing their files with others, so they can create files and share with one group, but no one else in or outside the organization

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Granting an app OneDrive permission should only grant access to a specific folder. Not everything

When installing apps that uses OneDrive (I my case apps on Android) you grant them a very broad permission to access ALL AND EVERYTHING stored on my OneDrive.

I my specific case, I wanted to try out apps that can stream the music from OneDrive I have stored on OneDrive. mp3 etc.

You can only grant permissions to all and everything stored on OneDrive and not just that one folder where my music is. This behavior prevents me for using any non-Microsoft app that wants to connect to my OneDrive.

I store personal sensitive stuff on OneDrive and I don't…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Configure team site libraries to sync automatically

Please finalize the feature....it is important for enterprises that the users getting automounted libraries and not doing it self by clicking several steps...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive for Business: Enable functionality to deny execution instead of just blocking sync of file types.

Blocking files has rendered how I use OneDrive (allows me access to various tools from machine to machine) useless as my company has blocked .reg, bat. cmd, exe, etc, etc because they have no ability to deny execution like we have on our internal files servers. Allow OneDrive admins to set deny execution instead of wholesale blocking of file types.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. known folder move manage in admin centre

add ability to turn on KFM for users from the admin centre or by policy as opposed to having to use group policy - allow to push KFM for non domain joined PC's

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive Notification when Freezing for Inactivity

Hi,

It would be nice to receive a notification when you are about to freeze my OneDrive account for inactivity. Moreover, I was using it. The app is installed on my phone and my laptop. I have files stored, that I some times look at. I suspect you consider me inactive just because I did not change the contents of the folder, but that doesn't mean I am not using it.

I was reinstalling my OS, and when I tried to login to the OneDrive app, it said I have to go to the website. The website told me that…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Free personal storage for work office 365 users

I have a office 365 premium account from work. Till now I had 100Gb of free (Samsung promotion) in my personal onedrive. Now I have no way to buy 100Gb of personal storage or set aside 100Gb of personal storage in my work account. Microsoft - please resolve this issue.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add rules/control to select folders/files that should be local stored only.

OneDrive doesn't have a very simple and basic function. It doesn't allow users to select subfolders and files to not be synchronized, to avoid uploading to the cloud.
    Example:
    If we have a project folder on OneDrive with 10 subfolders I should be able to select which of those folders would be uploaded, but for now, we cannot. All of the subfolders and files will be synchronized to the cloud. If we check the option to not synchronize one of the subfolders, OneDrive will let the files only on OneDrive and not on the local machine, the opposite of what…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve deleted user notice to reporting manager

The plain-text, single paragraph notice is hard for many users to understand. Consider breaking up into several chunked paragraphs.

An example of how this might be done is listed here:
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/improving-onedrives-deleted-user-notice-kevin-crossman

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Update Quota Automatically

When an administrator assigns a license with greater OneDrive Storage Capacity to a user, this quota is not automatically applied. Despite paying for and assigning the license with the greater capacity our team must use PowerShell to connect to these user's OneDrive sites and manually attempt to reset their quota. The challenge is compounded if a user is already at capacity as it would require having the admin, ask the user to clean up their storage space so that we can then come back and bump the quotas to what, we would have expected to have occurred when we assigned…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enforce RMS on OneDrive library for all the users with one click

The ability to control RMS azure right management encryption for all the user from admin console instead of going on all users one by one to enable it.
    At least aa powershel script to do that for admin will be great.
    We want to enable RMS for all the files that are on their Onedrive for all the users in company.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Manager Access on Disable instead of Delete of AAD Account

We would like the option to grant the manager access to a OneDrive when a user account is disabled (Sign-In Blocked) rather than deleted. We leave accounts disabled for 30 days so we need to manually grant access to managers.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. mfa

Enable silent instalation via intune with MF

3 votes
    Vote