OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Regarding access by external users

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    外部ユーザーのアクセスについて

Regarding access by external users
    ■Description(内容):
    外部ユーザーをフォルダーに対して招待した時に、外部ユーザーが共有フォルダー配下の各ファイルにアクセスしたことを初回のみ管理者に自動的に通知できる機能の実装を要望します。

We want to implement a feature such that when you invite an external user to a folder the administrator is automatically notified only for the first time that an external user has accessed each file under the shared folder.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to control user’s action such as download/sync items which are stored in OneDrive for Business based on their access environment

■Title(件名):
    特定の端末や、利用環境から OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムのダウンロード / 同期 等を禁止する機能について
    Allow us to control user’s action such as download/sync items which are stored in OneDrive for Business based on their access environment

■Description(内容):
    現時点の動作では、社内では編集やダウンロードは可能だが、自宅から編集やダウンロードを制御するといった、異なる環境での操作を制御する機能は提供されていないことを確認しております。
    現時点では、異なる環境下からのアクセスのみ制御が可能ですが、OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムのダウンロード / 同期等の機能を、ご利用環境ごとに制御する機能の拡充を希望します。

In current design, the feature to control user’s action based on their access environment, such as users can edit or download in the office but prohibit those action when users are at their home, is not available in OneDrive for Business.
    It can be control only access based on where users try to access from, but it…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide us to delete local cash files automatically when file on demand is enabled

■Title(件名):
    ファイル オンデマンド機能を有効にした際に、ローカルに保持されるキャッシュ ファイルを自動で削除する機能について。
    Provide us to delete local cash files automatically when file on demand is enabled

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のファイル オンデマンド機能を有効にし、ローカル上にアイテムを保持した場合 "空き容量を増やす" にて ハードディスクの容量を軽くすることができますが、同期フォルダー上に一定期間 (指定した期間) 使用していないファイルがある場合に、自動で "空き容量を増やす" 機能について実装をお願いします。

I would like to see the feature to “increase storage space” if there are unused files for certain period (specified period) at sync folder automatically.
    At current feature, we need to enable file on demand for OneDrive for Business and save items on the local to make more space for hard disk with “increase storage space” option.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Personal Vault Shared

I would like an ability to share a personal vault with someone else. So that I can share the sensitive family documents with the same re-authentication controls.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 建议onedrive个人保管库在锁定状态下依然可以同步更改

onedrive个人保管库只能在解锁状态下才能同步更改,这个机制不太合理,当我需要在个人保管库中上传大文件时,一般都不能在20分钟(保管库自动锁定时间)内完成上传更新任务,这时个人保管库会自动锁定并停止上传,导致我在其他设备上无法看到我在保管库中修改的内容。建议修改为在锁定状态下依然可以同步更改但是不能查看,这样更好一些,

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add audit log when admin get access a user OneDrive

Admin can get access with no borders other than clicking a link to get access a user OneDrive files.
    It's a big security risk.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Files in my Personal Vault shouldn't show up in Windows Search when it is locked.

I created a text file in Personal Vault, locked the fault, and the file still showed up in Windows Search results. The vault is useless to me if this happens.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Delete local files and stop syncing after being removed from group

When a user has marked a library for syncing after they are removed from the group no clean-up occurs and onedrive for business clients throws error.
    Overview:
    • removed from group
    • one drive client threw up error after 5-10 mins saying couldn't sync
    • manually removed sync location via one drive client
    • folder was left on pc
    • files i had opened and that where synced still available
    • had to manually delete folder

Adding and removing access to groups/sites is a common task and means users are left to manually clean-up everytime they are removed and documents…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow us to control that users can access to OneDrive for Business only from sync client and specified IP

■Title(件名):
    特定 IP アドレスかつ同期クライアントのみで OneDrive for Business にアクセスできるようにしたい
    Allow us to control that users can access to OneDrive for Business only from sync client and specified IP

■Description(内容):
    OneDriveを使用するにあたり、自宅を初めとする社外よりWebアクセスを制限させたい。
    アプリがインストールされている環境であれば、アクセスできてしまう点は考慮していません。最終的な要望として可能であれば職場や限られた場所からのみかつクライアントアプリからのみアクセスできるようにしたい。
    I would like to restrict users not to access OneDrive from outside of the organization including the user’s home. I’m not considering about the situation that users can access the service if they have installed the app. In conclusion, I would like to control where users can access OneDrive that only from the client app and specified location such as the office.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow us to apply conditional access policy only for OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを OneDrive for Business にのみ適用したい。
    Allow us to apply conditional access policy only for OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを、OneDrive for Business のみに適用する機能の実装をお願いいたします。

I would like to see the feature to apply conditional access policy only for OneDrive for Business.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. personal vault

Personal vault should be available through Office 365 for business subscription.
    I have all of the Office 365 services provided through my Office 365 for Business subscription. The personal vault feature seems attractive but it would be a waste of money to subscribe to Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal when virtually all of those services are included in the Office 365 for Business subscription – basically I would be paying twice for 98% of the services.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide GPO as separate download

Our computers has already installed OneDrive and we must uninstall and reinstall to just download latest GPO templates. So please, just published them on Microsoft Download Center like every other team (Office, Windows). Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option for Administrator to monitor file restore jobs. Users call wanting an update as to when it will be done.

I'd like the option for Administrators to be able to monitor File restore jobs and receive a notification when its completed. Keeping the web tab open isn't always going to be practical. Also, a rough time estimate would be helpful. Big difference between 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week. 1 month. thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. DLP Policies

■Title(件名):
    DLP ポリシーについて
    DLP Policies
    ■Description(内容):
    Office 365 の DLP ポリシーについて、設定方法が複雑であるため、指定が難しい。
    簡易的に設定ができるよう、機能の拡張を希望します。
    また、現在は既定の機能で検知に対応していないマイナンバーやほかの個人情報についても、検知できるようあわせて拡張を希望いたします。
    Configuring the settings for DLP policies in Office 365 is difficult and confusing, so I would like to request that it be simplified.
    We would also like to see the functionality expanded to support and correctly detect personal information such as the Japanese “My Number” codes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ¿Hay alguna forma de poder acceder al contenido del "Almacen Personal" en aquellos casos en que no hay conexión disponible a Internet?

¿Hay alguna forma de poder acceder al contenido del "Almacen Personal" en aquellos casos en que no hay una conexión disponible a Internet?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remote Logout

If you log in to OneDrive from a PC, you tend to remain signed in, yet the ability to remotely log off a device or session is strangely missing. This makes your files vulnerable to access or deletion.

Other services, such as Google Drive, have this capability.

Example: You're at a friend's house and you use their PC to log in to OneDrive and download something, but don't click 'logoff.' Your friend now has access to all of your OneDrive files and can read, change, or delete the files. With remote logoff, you could use your app or PC to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a personnel vault integrated password manager

Everybody uses 3rd party password managers and now with personnel vault, one-drive it self can add a password manager making us dependent on one less 3rd party app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Regarding access by external users

■Title(件名):
    外部ユーザーのアクセスについて
    Regarding access by external users
    ■Description(内容):
    外部ユーザーのアクセス履歴を把握するために、外部ユーザーがアクセスした際、どのユーザーが、どのフォルダーにアクセスしたのか、管理者に自動的に通知を送信する機能の実装を要望します。
    In order to track the access history of external users, we would like to implement a function that automatically sends a notification to the administrator as to which external user has accessed which folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please remove the folder / files path by sharing of files or folders

Hi, when I wish to share a file a folder, via Link, the other person who open my shared folder can see the whole path of my folders structure. See here the example https://take.ms/FJdda

Same with Links, all folders direcotry is written in the text of the URL Link, see here: https://take.ms/BlzuX

Thats a big BUG / Trouble, for everyone who needs to share only some folders or files, without any other information.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base