OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow admins to review the contents of “Shared with Me” of each user in OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の各ユーザーの "自分と共有" を確認したい。
    Allow admins to review the contents of “Shared with Me” of each user in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    テナント内の別ユーザーの OneDrive for Business にアクセスした場合、画面左側の [共有] - [自分と共有] を表示すると閲覧できないため、当該のユーザーが共有を受けたアイテムのチェックが困難である。
    また、画面左側の [最近使ったアイテム] においても、当該のユーザーが利用していたアイテムは表示されない動作であるため、管理者が個人用サイトを確認する際に不便な部分がある。
    テナント内の別ユーザーの [自分と共有] および [最近使ったアイテム] を簡易的に確認するために、別ユーザーの操作および管理している内容が閲覧できるように、機能拡充を希望します。

I can’t see the list of [Share] – [Shared with me] when I access to other user’s (in the same tenant) OneDrive for Business, and this behavior make me harder to check the shared item in the user’s OneDrive for Business.

Also, in my [Recent item] on the left pain, the items which was used…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It is very difficult and non-intuitive to make a shared file "view only" instead of "can edit". This needs to be fixed

Make it easier to designate shared files "view only" instead of "can edit". This really needs to be fixed. It takes multiple tries because it is very non-intuitive at present.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Shared Links sent to guest users require #EXT#

Sending OneDrive links to a user that has existing guest access in MS Teams. Access seems to be granted to "EXAMPLE_domain.com#EXT#@OURTENANT.com" instead of "EXAMPLE@domain.com". User A enters their correct email address (which is entered accurately by User B who sent the link) and is greeted with "We couldn't find an account with that username." Users A & B have no way to know why error appears.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Onedrive and network share syncronization

The ability to sync a network share and onedrive. With the ability to make changes in either onedrive or the network share reflect in both locations in real time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Storage allocation on Folder Level

Hello All,

How about having the folder level storage allocation in SharePoint Online / OneDrive for Business / OneDrive Personal.
    Let me try and explain my requirement I am a professional photographer I use OneDrive for sharing my Photographs with my clients with "view only" permission I also share my OneDrive with my Team (with Edit / Full Control Permission) so that they can upload the pics from the location since my team has the "Edit / Full Control" they can upload as many pics they want so basically I want to have better control with regards to the storage…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Select synch direction: mirror, only to cloud, other

onedrive does not allow you to save files only from PC to cloud. I would like a select direction backup or mirror, like in other sw

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Onedrive for Business アクセス制御設定について

指定した端末のみ、対象の OneDrive 領域にアクセスが可能な機能を希望します。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Share expiration days should be separate per type of share

I wanted to be able to expire a shared link with "Anyone with the link" for a certain # of days, but I did not want that expiration to apply to internal users whom I have granted permissions with via "specific people".

This would help limit the risk and force owners to review their share. External users would have to re-request access after a certain # of days if they still need it.

The better option would be to be able to expire shares per user but if this is too granular, I would settle for being able to expire…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Personal Vault Shared

I would like an ability to share a personal vault with someone else. So that I can share the sensitive family documents with the same re-authentication controls.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow us to restrict downloading items from OneDrive for Business with specifying machines

■Title(件名):
    指定した端末から OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムのダウンロードを禁止する機能について
    Allow us to restrict downloading items from OneDrive for Business with specifying machines

■Description(内容):
    指定した端末ごとに、OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムのダウンロードを制御する機能について、現在の Office 365 の機能では実現できないことを確認しました。
    そのため、指定した PC およびモバイル端末にて、OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムがダウンロードできないよう制御する機能について、新機能として実装をお願いいたします。

I would like to see the feature to restrict downloading items from OneDrive for Business, with specifying computer and mobile devices.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Lock down Local OndDrive sync folder.

We are requesting that the entire local OneDrive folder be locked down to the data owner. We would like this done via Group Policy and/or through an option in the OneDrive client install. There should also be a way to enforce it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a report that shows all shared files for all users in a tenancy (User, Shared File Name, Who the file is shared with).

Our Information Governance Dept have requested a report as above so that they can keep tabs on what users are sharing from OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enhance Restore-SPODeletedSite command

We have encountered problems with users that left the company then returned after a few months. In a hybrid scenario, with AD on-premise and rest of the O365 in cloud, users returning are provisioned new empty OneDrives. When we attempt to restore their old drives, we cannot do that because the SiteID is already in use. It would be nice to add few flags for the Restore-SPODeletedSite command to enable the override of a current existing SiteID or at least to be able to restore a deleted drive under a different SiteID

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Regarding the behavior of notifications when a file is downloaded from a shared folder in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business において、共有したフォルダー内のファイルをダウンロードした際の通知動作について
    Regarding the behavior of notifications when a file is downloaded from a shared folder in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business において、ファイル単体で共有設定を実施した場合、共有先ユーザーでそのファイルをダウンロードした際には共有元ユーザーにメールで通知される機能がありますが、フォルダーを共有先として指定した場合には、共有先のユーザーがフォルダー内のファイルをダウンロードしても共有元ユーザーに通知される機能がありません。この通知機能を追加してほしい。

In OneDrive for Business, if an individual file is shared then there exists a function that notifies the owner when a user downloads that file. However, there is no such notification functionality if the sharing is set at the folder level, and the files within the folder are downloaded. I would like to see this feature added in the future.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Display the three numbers when using authenticator for personal vault

Have the authenticator app display three numbers when signing into personal vault like when signing into OneDrive in a browser, instead of just approving or denying the request.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Exclude folders from removal monitoring

I have couple of OneDrive folders used for sync between devices. After sync complete, I get the alert of "multiply files removed", and it can be annoying. How about to mark the folder to exclude it from file removal monitoring?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to block spontaneous file sharing

I recently received a shared document from someone who I had never heard of, living on the other side of the world. The only point of them sending the document was to include a cover note, which appeared to be offering to help me find prostitutes or drugs via Craigslist. In effect OneDrive is functioning as a vector for spam. I would like to be able to set a flag to say that only people on an approved list can share files with me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base