OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Disable OneDrive Completely

I need this asap please! Have the ability to disable OneDrive completely from automatically uploading at start of new pc or fresh install. From the Microsoft account page. Ability to turn on and off from pc even acknowledging that you have a OneDrive account.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a method to delegate access to a beneficiary upon death, like Google's Inactive Account Manager

OneDrive accounts may contain very sensitive and important information, especially when combined with the use of the Personal Vault. For instance, if you store your will in your Personal Vault, then upon your death or presumed death a beneficiary should have a method to automatically gain access to your account. Google accomplishes this with the Inactive Account Manager. It is not sufficient that a family member can submit legal documentation as I should have the ability to decide who gets access to my account and when, and I can choose to accept the liability that comes with that decision.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow the programatic management of OneDrive permissions

We have retention policies on OneDrive for legal reasons.
    We sync from an on-prem AD so when someone leaves and then returns after their account has been hard deleted from AzureAD,
    OneDrive retains the old object GUIDS but only displays the display name in the SharePoint GUI.
    This makes it very hard to proactively manage when you have several hundred staff/student turnover each year and no way to identify these sorts of errors and correct before it becomes a problem.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Simultaneous login and file syncs with more than 1 OneDrive accounts

I’m sure I am far from unique in that I and my family have multiple OneDrive accounts. For example a personal instance, a family instance and child instances. One of the great frustrations is the inability to see multiple locations without the greater inconvenience of logging out and back in. I also believe people would want to sync more than one account to a device (e.g. a personal instance and a family instance).

I am certain that this inability means MSFT looses accounts as it forces folks to have accounts across multiple app’s (e.g. Personal on OneDrive, family on Google…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display of contact cards

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    連絡先カードの表示について
    Display of contact cards

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 内のファイルを複数のユーザーに共有している場合、ファイルのアクティビティよりユーザー間で連絡先カードの情報が確認できる。
    ユーザー間で連絡先カードのアドレスや、組織情報を確認できないようにする機能の追加を希望します。

When a file on OneDrive for Business is being shared with several users, it is possible to see the contact card information for those users from the file activity.
    Please add a way to prevent information on contact cards such as mail addresses and company information being made visible to other users in this way.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Restrict external access to only OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のみ社外からのアクセスを制御する機能について
    Restrict external access to only OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    現在、社外から OneDrive for Business へのアクセス制御は IP アドレスの制御を実施することで可能である。
    しかしながら、上記設定を行った場合、SharePoint Online への制御もされてしまう動作となる。
    そのため、社外から SharePoint Online へのアクセスは可能なまま OneDrive for Business のみ 社外からのアクセスを制御可能な機能の拡充を要望します。

Currently, it is possible to restrict external access to OneDrive for Business using IP restrictions.
    However, if these settings are used, access to SharePoint Online is also restricted accordingly.
    Therefore, please add a way to restrict external access to OneDrive for Business while still allowing it for SharePoint Online.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add the ability to hide recipients of shared files/folders in emails in the 'To' field

At the moment when sharing files externally external users see who else the items are shared with in the 'To' field. This is a problem when we don't want all external users knowing who we have shared stuff with. Can an option be added to display this so only the recipient is shown? I believe there is way to add users to a BCC lists using PS but with the amount of external users we send to this is not a practical solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Need to block OneDrive services but allow SharePoint.

Need the ability to block access to OneDrive but allow SharePoint services.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Increase amount of paid storage and lower the price.

1 TB of storage is great, but there are times when we need a lot more (pictures, videos, etc.). We can buy additional storage up to 2 TB, but this is often not enough. I have two requests:
    1. Allow M365 subscribers to purchase more than a total of 2 TB (perhaps up to 5 TB).
    2. Reduce the price for storage so that the 5TB plan is $10/mo--e.g., 2 TB plan is $4/mo, 3 TB plan is $6/mo, 4 TB plan is $8/mo, and 5TB plan is $10/mo.

The current pricing of extra storage for OneDrive doesn't make sense.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Increase F1/F3 ODFB Storage Limit from 2GB to 100GB or more

Increase F1/F3 ODFB Storage Limit from 2GB to 100GB or more. 2GB is not enough storage for field users and trying to engineer solutions around this limit is time-consuming and inefficient.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. MFA support for OneDrive sync client

Azure B2B guest user cannot use the OneDrive sync client, because the client does not support Multi-Factor-Authentication (MFA)!

Please implement MFA for the B2B sync for OneDrive.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The ability to Delete Folders that aren't empty.

By default you cannot delete folders in One Drive that aren't empty. This can be a huge pain especially when a user accidentally syncs a folder that should have been excluded (eg. 'C:\Users\UserName\Documents\MobaXTerm\ '). In order to delete the folder, I have to use a PowerShell script that recursively removes all of the sub-files and sub-folders (see attached).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to automatically delete oldest versions when running out of space

Include an option to automatically delete the oldest versions of files when OneDrive runs out of space, similar to the "previous versions" feature in Windows.

Even though the total size of all of my files in OneDrive for Business is 140 GB, well under the 1 TB limit, I ran out of room because of older versions of several large files I have that change daily. I wanted to keep at least a few versions of each file so I had to go to each of the files and manually delete most of the older versions one by one, which…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. allow admins to get a report of users that utilize the PC Folder Backup feature of OneDrive

This will help admins track which users are using the feature so it can be implemented better. Management and deployment will be easy as you will only need to contact users that are not using the feature and avoid manually checking each user one by one.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Storage

On our subscription, we have 6TB - 1TB for 6 people each. We are only using 2, but there is no way to combine storage so it would be 2TB on one account, and the rest are 1TB each, now only 5 accounts.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Delete and download button shouldn’t be together in the menu options.

It is easy to accidentally press the delete button when you are downloading something.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible to permanently delete larger file amounts

Due to GDPR regulations (or in other cases) it is sometimes a requirement to remove files from OneDrive permanently. This includes removal in recycle bin and second-level recycle bin as well.

Currently there is virtually NO way to do this for a large number or files in a complex folder structure due to the following limitations:

1.) Deleting the files themselves
    1.a) Webclient doesn't allow to delete folders without removing the contents first - an painstaking work with complex folder structures
    1.b) OneDriveSync goes completely fubar when one tries to delete a structure of several 100.000 files in a few…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add the option to exclude file types from being backed up instead of blocking

We need the ability to exclude files from being synced. Blocking them generates errors and warnings for the end users which freak them out. We either need the ability to silently block file types or just exclude them from syncing. We have this issue specifically with Microsoft Teams generating shortcuts that then get synchronised everywhere else.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Personal vault feature for corporate tenant

Pls make available personal vault feature for corporate tenant. Thanks

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keeping Onedrive Personal

Sharing should only be for business not personal its too risky. it would be nice to be able to see what mobile devices are logged into onedrive along with the option to remove, report and block. But the owner of onedrive can not be seen or blocked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base