OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Please remove the folder / files path by sharing of files or folders

Hi, when I wish to share a file a folder, via Link, the other person who open my shared folder can see the whole path of my folders structure. See here the example https://take.ms/FJdda

Same with Links, all folders direcotry is written in the text of the URL Link, see here: https://take.ms/BlzuX

Thats a big BUG / Trouble, for everyone who needs to share only some folders or files, without any other information.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please increase the number of free files in Personal Vault

Since you can only have a maximum of three files without a premium plan in the Personal Vault, I can't do anything with the vault. Please increase the number of possible files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Regarding setting the “Require Passcode” option for the mobile device App.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    モバイル デバイスのアプリにパスコードを必須とする設定について
    Regarding setting the “Require Passcode” option for the mobile device App.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 管理センターにて設定できる [デバイス アクセス] - [モバイル アプリケーション管理] 項目の [アプリのパスコードを必須にする] 機能について、ユーザーやグループ単位での制御可能とする機能の提供を希望します。
    In the OneDrive Admin Center, it is possible to go into Device Access -> Mobile Application Management and find the “Require App Passcode” setting. I would like to be able to specify this setting for specific users or user groups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 从电脑上删除文件夹同步优化

当我在我的电脑上删除了一个文件夹,然后去回收站看的时候是一个文件一个文件删除的,如果我文件夹下面文件过多,这将对我整理回收站/或者从回收站恢复文件是很不友好的。

希望可以和网页端一样,删除文件夹之后,回收站里面只是一个文件夹。这将会更友好

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please stop showing survey of initial access for OneDrive for Business multiple time

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business に初回アクセスする際にアンケート画面が何度も表示される
    Please stop showing survey of initial access for OneDrive for Business multiple time

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 ポータル サイト (portal.office.com) から OneDrive for Business に ユーザーが初回アクセスする際に、事前準備 (プロビジョニング処理) が行われますが、この際に表示されるアンケート画面が、アンケートに答えても [スキップ] をクリックしても何度も表示されるため、2 回目以降は表示されないよう早期修正をお願いします。
    ※ 既に OneDrive for Business 個人用サイトが作成されたユーザーには表示されないことを確認しています。

When users have initial access to OneDrive for Business from Office 365 portal site (portal.office.com), the survey which is shown only in provisioning process keeps popping up even users answer or click [skip] button.
    I would like you to show this survey only one time.

*users who already have their OneDrive for Business site don’t…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable another option to blocking syncing file using file names

Please add blocking syncing of specific file by file names aswell not only file types,
    Please this Feature to be reviewed and hopefully added, as i believe its a very smart idea to have file blocked by names aswell.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable Option to Turn off Onedrive for Business Versioning

I am currently using OneDrive for Business as a back-up storage which mirrors one of my other cloud storage. The version files takes up space every time we trigger a sync. I would like for the option to turn-off versioning for OneDrive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Maybe have a two-step verification established on every logon/install?

Every time you logon to a computer (Home/Work) have an established two-step verification to your mobile phone or email. This way no one else will have access to your personal files.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. you might consider making the 'lock' personalised thru settings or such ....

from zero (locks instantly) up to 20mins. I'm not sure if security is higher this way or in password protected documents?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Secure One Drive (web, android, iOS, PC and Mac) using two step authentication

Secure One Drive (web, android, iOS, PC and Mac) using two step verification just like in "Personal Vault". This would definitely secure our One Drive in an event when one of our devices would be stolen. I have signed in to One Drive web recently and typed all the password and it automatically connects me with my One Drive without verifying who entered the password. What if something happens to one or more of my devices, how can I retrieve and possibly secure all my files in my Account. Identity theft is still the number one issue today.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix security for OneDrive Folders & Files on Android.

OneDrive app for Android is giving users a false sense of security. You can enable a password, or on certain devices, fingerprint security or facial recognition to unlock OneDrive. But if the user has installed Word Mobile, or Excel Mobile, all OneDrive folders and files are accessible without any password, fingerprint or other security. There is no way to limit the Word mobile or Excel mobile apps on Android from having access to OneDrive folders and files. So any security for OneDrive is completely bypassed.
    If one were to lose one's device, the whole idea of requiring security is so…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. if I don't have a moblie phone what do I do

does anyone have an idea how to retrieve my stuff of OneDrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Let us use alternate libraries from the default "Documents"

Inside Onedrive for Business, we are currently able to go to "Site Contents" and add additional libraries, which currently works for integrations with other products such as Dynamics 365, however we have been told that alternate libraries inside OneDrive are being deprecated and will no longer be supported.
    This decision to deprecate alternate libraries should be reversed for several reasons including the fact that it contradicts the existing limitations on the number of items that can exist in a single library.
    Let us continue using alternate libraries inside OneDrive for Business, as we need this to continue being supported going…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Path of file in info

Searching a file via common specifications (e.g.: Rome municipality, conifers, article1.pdf) can gives various proposed file, but do not offer (at least in the info) the path of the file: they make it cumbersome to discern between multiple editions of the file, different topics and folders (shared or not), and in general recognize at a glance the exact location (in my case factor of productivity) become a complicated task.
    So please Just add those infos where it's supposed to find their.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why delay "Personal Vault" for UK your 2nd largest MS market?

Why delay "Personal Vault" for UK your 2nd largest MS market?
    Subscribers in UK have to pay but wait for benefits

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. deleted file

Allow deleted files to be kept for 1year, up from standard 30days, for additional charge

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Disable Pause/Stop Sync for OneDrive for Business

Disable Pause/Stop Sync for OneDrive for Business

This is critical as some of our users are pausing the sync when they should not be. They dont realize this replaced folder redirection and if they are not syncing new data it will be lost in the event of a computer failure.

This ensures the less likely hood of user data being lost.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Let us enable versioning for a folder and file as well

■Title(件名):
    バージョン管理機能の範囲について。
    Let us enable versioning for a folder and file as well

■Description(内容):
    バージョン管理機能を使用する場合、SharePoint Online では "リスト" "ライブラリ" 単位で設定が可能。
    また、OneDrive for Business では "ライブラリ" 単位で設定が可能ですが、"フォルダー" および "ファイル" 単位でも細かく設定ができるよう、機能の実装をお願いします。

I would like to configure versioning not only for a library, but also for a folder and file at both SharePoint and OneDrive for Business.

Thank you for your consideration.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow OneDrive KFM to work with folder redirected folders

Currently (OneDrive client version 18.131.0701.004) Known Folder Migration will not work with known folders that have been redirected. When this is configured, the end user sees "The <folder name> folder contains other important folders and isn't supported for file protection". It seems to want all known folders to be located in their default, local location (C:\Users\<username>\folder) and will not migrate/redirect if they're already being redirected.

The overwhelming majority of enterprise (and smaller) orgs do not store data on local workstations, and I don't see any use case for KFM because of this limitation.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Could the block sync for OneDrive desktop application be enhanced so OneDrive for Business and Sharepoint could be treated differently.

Currently business uses the OneDrive client for 2 different purposes, the first is to provide users and interface with OneDrive for business. The users are not allowed to download this data to personal devices, so the option has been set to only allow this for domain joined devices.
    The client is also used to access sharepoint online, which is used to share with external customers, so we dont want the same restriction.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base