OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. o365 Admins are unable to gain access to a user's OneDrive if they go over storage allotment for any reason.

This can occur due to either their license being changed, or an unforeseen issue causing their OneDrive to fill up. In any case, when this occurs, it becomes impossible to gain access to that OneDrive unless you either modify their license, or storage allotment to no longer break this feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Exclude specific KINDS of files from being uploaded" - GPO Not Working

The newest GPO addition which allows the administrator to exclude certain file names (including wildcards) from upload isn't working. This is different than the setting which excludes file "extensions" (which does work properly).

We've deployed the latest version of the Sync client as well as have updated our ADMX files for the use of the new GPO options for OneDrive.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the Sync client is honoring the list of file names (or patterns) that the GPO places into the registry location:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\OneDrive\EnableODIgnoreListFromGPO

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sharing policy for OneDrive- user defaults?

In order to allow some users to be able to share OneDrive folders with external guest users we have changed the default sharing policy in our Microsoft 365 tenancy from “Existing external users” to “New and existing external users” in the OneDrive Admin center

However, this seems to have proactively changed the OneDrive setting for all existing users from “Only allow sharing with existing guest users in the directory” to “Allow sharing to authenticated users with invitations”

This means we have to go through all the existing users except those that we want to be able to invite new guest…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Notifications for maintenance etc.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    メンテナンスなどの通知について
    Notifications for maintenance etc.

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business 上のファイルが読み取り専用になるなど、インパクトの大きいメンテナンスの情報について、メッセージ センター以外から通知を行うサービスを提供して欲しい。
    現在はメッセージ センターからの通知のみで、タイトルなどから重要度が判別しづらい状況です。
    営業担当者による電話連絡やメール連絡など、検討していただきたいです。

Please add a service that notifies in case of maintenance actions with wide-ranging impact, such as making files on SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business read-only etc. alongside the message center.
    Currently only the message center notifies of these things, and it is hard to tell what is and is not important from the title.
    I want it to be possible to have notifications come as a call or mail to a point of contact.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A Family Office365 account offers 6TB. Can this be shared and dermined by the administrator?

I have an Family Office365 account which offers 6TB, which offers 6 accounts 1TB each. If I have fewer tha 6 accounts, can the allowance be determined by the administrator?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow file/folder upload to a public folder without login to MSA.

Allow multiple partners to upload files in a public folder that I have shared without loging in to MSA or any other account.

This is a very common scenario for remote collaboration. i.e. someone wants to send a sample model or video. It generates friction with our customers at the very early stage of introduction.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please allow us to share and edit documents stored in the Personal Vault

I request that Microsoft allow us to share as well as edit documents stored in the Personal Vault. While Vault is meant to provide additional protection and privacy to our documents, limiting the ability to edit documents and share documents is very shortsighted and has no merit in it. Only people, who first have access to Onedrive and then access to Personal Vault can access the documents stored in the Personal Vault. So only these people can edit or share the documents stored in the Personal Vault.

While it extremely good to have this added protection to our documents but…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I do not like the automatic OneDrive. Never wanted to store anything in the cloud. Really don't like that I can't keep the files on my compu

computer after disabling and closing OneDrive. Now I don't know where to find them.

OneDrive is not a great idea. Do not force it on people who only need items on their personal computer and any external hard drives they choose to back up to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Notification of downloads

■Title(件名):
    ダウンロードが行われた際の通知について
    Notification of downloads

■Description(内容):
    現状、共有しているデータに対し、相手がダウンロードしたことを確認する方法としてアラート ポリシーにて通知設定が可能だが、"誰が" ダウンロードを行ったのかまでは通知内容で確認することはできないため、"誰が" データのダウンロードを行ったのかまで確認可能な通知機能の実装を要望します。

Currently, it is possible to use notification settings in an alert policy to check when someone who you have shared data with has downloaded it, but there is no way to check “who” downloaded it based on the content of the notification, so please make this possible.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1. Less security & folder password not available 2.app running slow 3.Only giving 5GB free

1. Less security & folder password not available 2.app running slow 3.Only giving 5GB free

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a means to check the time at which the OneDrive app synced

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期アプリでの同期時間を確認できる機能を希望。
    Add a means to check the time at which the OneDrive app synced

■Description(内容):
    ユーザーのOneDrive for Business への同期時間を確認できるログなどの機能を追加してほしい。

Please add a log etc. so we can check when users’ OneDrive for Business synced.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stop sharing multiple folders/files

I have tons of shared folder on my Onedrive personal, and I would like to stop sharing all of them. Make a button that simply says stop sharing, when multiple files/folders are selected in the "shared by me" section. Also delete the shared link with an expiration date after the link is expired (or 30 days), to prevent clutter of unused links.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a way to view a list of, or export, all items in the recycle bin

■Title(件名):
    ごみ箱内のアイテムを一覧で表示もしくは出力する機能の追加
    Add a way to view a list of, or export, all items in the recycle bin

■Description(内容):
    ごみ箱内に復元希望のファイルが大量にあるため、ごみ箱内のアイテムを一覧で表示、もしくは PowerShell にて出力する機能を希望します。

There are a lot of files I want to restore in the recycle bin, so please add a way to view as a list, or to export via PowerShell, all items in the recycle bin,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. shared links show folder full path

I recently realized that sharing a public link of any OneDrive folder gives any user with that link the read permission of all the higher level folders names, hence the shared folder full path.

This shouldn't happen imo, going up one level should give the user an error page, unless it has also read/write permissions of the higher level folder.

Current behavior is to let the user move to higher level folders, even without permissions. However, without read/write permissions of higher level folders, the user will see them as empty. The user is still able to figure out the path…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remote Wipe of OneDrive data on users personal device

Please allow us to remote wipe OneDrive business data from a user's personal device(s). Not the entire device, just OneDrive data. Exchange/mail has that option.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability for admins to turn OFF One Drive for select users

We need the ability to turn off One Drive, per user, not just globally. Unnecessarily difficult to manage data exfiltration without this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base