OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow for a boot all devices option after password resetting.

Ability to boot unwanted devices from account. Especially after security compromise.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Last modified date is not reflected when I change a retention policy

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    アイテム保持ポリシーを変更した際に最終変更日が反映されない
    Last modified date is not reflected when I change a retention policy

■Description(内容):
    作成済みのアイテム保持ポリシーに対して、"次のコンテンツに適用" や "設定" を変更すると、保存直後は保持ポリシーの最終変更日が更新されるものの、画面を更新すると最終変更日が以前の状態に戻っている。
    アイテム保持ポリシーの "状態" や "ポリシー名" "説明文" を変更した場合は最終変更日が更新された日付となっており、変更した内容によって反映される動作が異なる。
    本動作について、変更内容を保存した場合は最終変更日が反映されるよう改善してほしい。
    If I change the "Apply to the following content" and "Settings" for a retention policy that I have created, the last modification date of the retention policy is updated immediately after the save, but the last modified date returns to its original state when I refresh the screen.
    If I change the retention policy’s status or policy name, the date of the last change is the updated date, but the behavior…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Personal Vault Shared

I would like an ability to share a personal vault with someone else. So that I can share the sensitive family documents with the same re-authentication controls.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Regarding OneNote Online

■Title(件名):
    OneNote Onlineについて
    Regarding OneNote Online

■Description(内容):
    OneNote Online のデータを他のテナントへ移行する際に、現在どのような設定値なのか確認できるような機能の実装を希望します。
    現時点では、各ユーザーの OneDrive for Business に保存されるため、各ユーザーが管理者となるため、各ユーザーごとに確認しなければならなく、複数ユーザーがいる場合に現実的ではないです。
    We hope a feature to check the settings currently being used when migrating OneNote Online data to other tenants will be implemented.
    Currently data is stored in each user's OneDrive for Business and each user is the administrator, and every single user needs to be checked, which makes this very impractical when there are multiple users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Give the option to let onedrive use an subst to a drive letter.

Give us the option to let onedrive be accesses bij a drive letter. This soves the following problems:
    - The path is sorter (c:\users\username\onedrive with be O:)
    - You can allow browsing with chromium without exposing the c: drive (blacklist file:///*, whitelist o:/)
    - Old programs can access the onedrive files much easier.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Auto Sync Mapped Drives to OneDrive

E.g. User has Home Drive which is Mapped.
    Allow GPO to synchronise all of Home Drive data to User’s OneDrive automatically. Files stored on server. So OneDrive can be installed on server for local files to be synced, but for all users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Use of German Datacenter

Enable the possibility to use the German datacenter for Office 365 Personal!

While the use of the German datacenter is available for Office 365 Business it would be highly appreciated to use these datacenter with the personal OneDrive as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Onedrive and network share syncronization

The ability to sync a network share and onedrive. With the ability to make changes in either onedrive or the network share reflect in both locations in real time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Regarding external sharing settings for specified domains in the Admin Center

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 管理センターにて設定するドメインを指定した外部共有設定について
    Regarding external sharing settings for specified domains in the Admin Center

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 管理センターにて設定するドメインを指定した外部共有設定にて、SharePoint Online とは連動せずに独立して設定が可能となる機能をお願いします。
    When setting sharing settings for specified domains in the OneDrive Admin Center, I would request a way to specify these settings such that they are independent of SharePoint Online.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Select synch direction: mirror, only to cloud, other

onedrive does not allow you to save files only from PC to cloud. I would like a select direction backup or mirror, like in other sw

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Office 365 Famility subscription - allow creating a Famility vault

For an Office365 Famility, allow to create a Famility Vault accessible to more than one person.

I would like my wife and me to have access to this shared vault. We have centralized all files within one One Drive Accout to ease management and shared this doc space.
    With this new vault , we plan to moved all sensible files to this vault. But cannot shared.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please allow different permission settings between Admin Centers for "Apps that don't use modern authentication".

■Title(件名):
    先進認証を使用していないアプリの許可設定を個別に設定したい
    Please allow different permission settings between Admin Centers for "Apps that don't use modern authentication".

■Description(内容):
    現在 SharePoint 管理センターと、OneDrive 管理センターの "先進認証を使用していないアプリ" を許可 / 禁止する項目は連動していることを確認しております。
    SharePoint Online 側のみ、または OneDrive for Business 側のみ、など、先進認証を使用していないアプリの許可 / 禁止設定をそれぞれ個別に行えるよう、機能の拡張をお願いいたします。

Currently, the SharePoint Admin Center and OneDrive Admin Center have a setting to allow or disallow "Apps that don't use modern authentication". I would like to see a provision to allow setting the allow/disallow state individually on both SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable Option to Turn off Onedrive for Business Versioning

I am currently using OneDrive for Business as a back-up storage which mirrors one of my other cloud storage. The version files takes up space every time we trigger a sync. I would like for the option to turn-off versioning for OneDrive.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. audit log to target onedrive account

While auditing onedrive, when we select onedrive url of personal account no information shows up for any file action, but when files are selected , it shows up. As an admin, i would like to have ability to ausit user's one drive account , not individual files in them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Change behavior where if the Office Online tile is hidden it becomes impossible to use

■Title(件名):
    タイルの非表示化設定をすると Office Online が使用できなくなる事象を改善してほしい。
    Change behavior where if the Office Online tile is hidden it becomes impossible to use

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online と Office Online のライセンスが付与されていても、SharePoint 管理センターの "OneDrive と Office Online"のタイルを非表示化した場合、Office Online の URL にアクセスすると 「ライセンスがありません」とエラーになる。
    一部ユーザーのみで Office Online を使用したいため、タイルを表示せずに Office Online を使用できるようにしてほしい。
    Even if licenses for SharePoint Online and Office Online are correctly assigned, if the “OneDrive and Office Online” tile is set to be hidden via the SharePoint Admin Center, attempting to access the Office Online URL results in a “No license” error.
    I want to have only certain users use Office Online, so…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. HEMS or LTS threats may be apparent now. Please research this type of unaurhorized activities where unethical people are trying to use phone

I researched about HeMS or when people used the phones lines to communicate with other computers instead of the Internet to cover their tracks. This type of hacking can be create vulnerabilities even in a well-integrated system.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enhance Restore-SPODeletedSite command

We have encountered problems with users that left the company then returned after a few months. In a hybrid scenario, with AD on-premise and rest of the O365 in cloud, users returning are provisioned new empty OneDrives. When we attempt to restore their old drives, we cannot do that because the SiteID is already in use. It would be nice to add few flags for the Restore-SPODeletedSite command to enable the override of a current existing SiteID or at least to be able to restore a deleted drive under a different SiteID

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Disable versions and set a version limit.

Disable versions and set a version limit.

• Set a global option that allows you to disable the versions or limit the maximum number of them, for example: 0, 3, 7 versions.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base