OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Notification mail when approaching the upper storage limit on OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の容量上限に近づいた際に送信される通知メールについて
    Notification mail when approaching the upper storage limit on OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の容量上限に近づいた際に既定の値として、90% を超えた場合に通知メールが送信されるが、この値を変更して、初期値のように設定したい。
    ユーザーが増えた場合そのたびに設定するのではなく初期値としての値を設定し、値を超えた場合に、OneDrive for Business の所有者および管理者に送信されるような機能が欲しい。

By default, when going over 90% of the upper usage cap on OneDrive for Business, a notification mail is sent, but we would like to be able to change that value, and set this as a new default value.
    If new users are added, instead of having to set this value again each time, it should be set to an initially configured default, and then if that value is exceeded…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There are different behavior when Global Administrator has enabled the Retention Policy for OneDrive for Business

We have enabled the Retention Policy for 7 years via https://protection.office.com/retention recently and found out there are different behavior for OneDrive for Business Web Based version and OneDrive for Desktop Application version.

When an user is trying to delete a folder in OneDrive for Business in Web Based version, it will appears an error message when the "hold" is enabled and this is default behavior until we deleting all the files in this folder.

However, when we tried to delete a folder in OneDrive for Business for Desktop Application, there are no error message appeared when the "hold" is enabled…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. admin settings to change default document open behavior

SharePoint has setting to change the default behavioor on document open.

Admin can choose to open in online apps or desktop apps, at the collection level, and per document library.

OneDrive lacks such controls in the modern interface.
    Global Admin does not have an option to choose the default open behavior.
    Individual users do not have a modern interface for that. Users have to go to Classic Settings and find the option 5 or 6 clicks deep to change it, which is not user friendly.

Proposed settings:

OneDrive Global Admin:

Default behavior choices:
    Open in online apps
    Open in desktop…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be able to sync shared folders in pc desktop/laptop Windows

As a user with folders shared with me,
    I'd like to select folders from other personal onedrive accounts in my onedrive desktop app and select as many folders I want to sync with my pc,
    For a better user experience.

As a user sharing folders,
    I'd like to select if folders that I shared cannot be sync with personal pcs with onedrive desktop app,
    For security

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New pricing model for six people

New pricing model for six people so we can utilize the OneDrive only like 200GB shared between 6 family persons, and without Office365 so it can be affordable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Linking multiple accounts

■Title(件名):
    複数アカウントの紐づきについて
    Linking multiple accounts

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive のモバイル アプリに複数のアカウントでサインインをすると、アカウント同士が紐づく。PC など別の端末でも同じアカウントでサインインをすると紐づいたアカウントまで表示されるが、これを解消するためには一旦すべての端末からすべてのアカウントをサインアウトする必要があり、非常に手間なので、紐づきを解除する機能を用意して欲しい。
    When signing in to OneDrive mobile app using multiple accounts, those accounts will get linked to each other. If the same accounts are used to sign in into other devices like PC, accounts that were linked will be displayed, but if this is to be resolved all accounts will need to sign out from every device. This takes up lots of time, so we hope that a feature to remove the links will be provided.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Regarding the length of sessions

■Title(件名):
    セッションの保持について
    Regarding the length of sessions

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にて "ネットワークドライブの割り当て" を実施する際、セッション切れ防止のため定期的に Office 365 へのサインインが必要となるが、永続的にセッションを保持する設定や、セッション保持期間を調節できるよう機能の拡張を希望します。

When using “Map network drive” on OneDrive for Business, in order to prevent the session ending, it is necessary to sign into Office 365 regularly. Please add a setting to maintain sessions indefinitely or to control the length of time for which a session can be maintained.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Differentiate icon between OneDrive for Business and OneDrive Personal

Create end-user clarity between OneDrive for Business and OneDrive Personal by having different icon colors and labels to help distinguish between the two storage places.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Quota by Group

OneDrive quotas by group. It would be great if we could create groups and set the quota for the group members based on that group. We have licensing by group in Azure so I would imagine a similar experience.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Setup Files On-Demand remotely not locally

OneDrive agent crashed many times and the Files On-Demand disabled by itself.
    When i do "Free up space" on a folder, this information should be remotely stored

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Password to resume or pause syncing.

Hi Microsoft Team,

Good Day,

I intent to use one drive with my team for sharing and storing the datas. as a team leader i am a bit skeptical that in case the user pauses the sync without my knowledge ,how can i prevent this?

I have a suggestion to add an extra layer of security feature by using password to pause and sync the data from the desktop/mac.

Please advice.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Manage based on a OneDrive for Business IP address

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の IP アドレス制御について
    Manage based on a OneDrive for Business IP address

■Description(内容):
    現在 OneDrive for Business を使用する際に必要となる IP アドレスは SharePoint Online と同じアドレスが公開されている。
    SharePoint Online は変更せずに、OneDrive for Business の IP アドレスだけを管理できるよう、OneDrive for Business の IP アドレスを公開してほしい。

Currently in order to use OneDrive for Business, the required IP address has been released as being the same IP address as for SharePoint Online.
    Please publish an IP for OneDrive for Business, allowing us to manage the IP address used only by OneDrive for Business without having to change our settings for SharePoint Online.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adding recipient details in External sharing Policy -

We are unable to view the external email id when a person share the file or folder hence no use of the policy with out tracking the email id of the recipient.

Please enable this feature in the policy field to select and the same has to be triggered in the alert notification too...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Litigation Hold Reports

Please add options for us to determine which OneDrive accounts currently have litigation holds. We need a way to validate the hold is present.

1) Please add a report in the OneDrive Admin Compliance center.
    https://admin.onedrive.com/?v=ComplianceSettings

2) Add additional reporting to Microsoft 365 Admin Center for Security and Complaince.

3) Create a new poweshell commandlet and/or add a Hold "flag" onto existing data results. Such as when running something like this: Get-SPOSite -Identity $OneDriveURL | FL

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How to restrict Global Admin access to users One-drive ?

Global Admin can see users Onedrive data. Is there any way to block or at least can user get alert when global admin access.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Group Policy settings to control auto start of OneDrive

I need Group Policy settings to control auto start of OneDrive.
    On some machines its autostart is disabled either by the user or by Windows itself. I have folder redirection setup and it doesn't work without OneDrive automatically starting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 文件整理

含有大量文件的文件夹 提供一键整理功能 例如 手机照片上传 都会上传到 Camera Roll文件夹中 导致整个文件夹非常庞大 并且含有大量文件 .在Windows下打开该文件夹 会导致电脑卡顿

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base