OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Ability to audit/view who you have shared OneDrive files with as attachments in Outlook

When attaching a link to a OneDrive for Business document within Outlook there should be a way you can audit or view who you have shared the link/document with. for example i've sent links to many files in my OneDrive over the past year or so but i'd like to be able to see who i've shared what and with who

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Selective Sync

Allow us to select folders to not sync within the Entire sync'd drive on devices we choose. Eg. I have a folder with a lot of tutorial videos on my laptop that I would like to share with my peers, but I do not want it to sync to my iPad because that would take up way too much space.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Storage limits per user

From OneDrive admin center i can set a different storage limit for each user, as for now, i can adjust the storage limit for all users in the organization :)

It can be done for each Department as well ( which is for each Team group).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Set as default location storage for cloud users (Azure AD users)

I have a problem forcing users NOT to save files and folder on the PC (Documents, C or D drive, Desktop..etc).

Therefore, I would suggest to add an option to force all Azure cloud users to save files and folders to OneDrive (as OneDrive for users account or on Teams files) or set it as the default location is fine too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. هر شخص صاحب خرد و دانش است پس خواه استفاده میکند اکر نخواهد .. خود جواب میدهد

هیچ دولت و یه سازمان جاسوسی حق نداره که وارد حریم خصوصی و خاص آن گردد حتا ابر قدرت ها /هرچند این فکر و راه من است هیچ کشور و سازمانی ارزش قائل نیست تا که قدرت و توان نداشته باشی
    ما توکل به الله متعال می نماییم و جز او از هیچ کس ترک نداریم
    اسلام و علیکم و رحمه الله

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Limit or disable versioning based on file type

We would like to use OneDrive to allow users to backup their local PST files from their workstation. We don't want users to import these large files into their OST file in Outlook so it is more of an archive solution.

The issue is that if users connect their PST file to Outlook it starts creating versions. We can block sync of PST files but that is not the desired behaviour.

It would be nice if we could limit or disable versioning based on file types at an admin level.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. dguillaumier@gmail.com

I,thought,you are there ,to help and serve people,wow,thanks for your respond,it made me very happy,im sure ,that ,many people have the same problem, im not alone,in this thank you,

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Tighter supervision for the support team

I tried to report a simple bug through the support (request 1500877 - are there other ways of reporting a bug?) and it has been a ridiculous experience: they continuously replied with nonsensical **** to bounce me off to the Office support or just make me give up. After 20 useless mail exchanges I gave up. A mix of negligence and incompetence never seen before.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. no respond

hi,i have been trying to do something on my computer,but ,I cant seem to have anything goes,it keep saying ,,we cant reach this page,it is very frustratinf,day after day,there is nothing ,I can do,i think,somebody,is hacking my computer. this never happened to me, D,G.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. identify what computername the OneDrive client is not syncing

OneDrive for Business should have a feature that identify what machine is not syncing so that the support could assist the user that is not syncing. Better if to identify why the client is not syncing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Better network control

OneDrive to detect corporate network and home network and set various network control (bandwidth control). (example: Corporate should have bandwidth control, home network should not) or vice versa

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adding a feature not to sync files distinguished and protected by DLP (Data Loss Prevention) system

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名): 
    DLP で機密情報が含まれていると判定されたファイルの同期を禁止する機能を搭載してほしい

Adding a feature not to sync files distinguished and protected by DLP (Data Loss Prevention) system

■Description(内容): DLP の機能で機密情報が含まれていることを検知されたファイルについて、ローカルと同期されて端末に保存され、情報が流出してしまう事態を心配しています。セキュリティの面で懸念を残すため、機密情報が含まれているファイルの同期を禁止する機能の実現を要望します。

It is afraid that syncing of files distinguished and protected by DLP system with local devices will occur serious leakage of personal or internal information. In accord with ominous repercussions, we hope that this needed feature will improve manageability of safe control and promote operational efficiency with bounding tighter security.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Eliminate Security Issues Created by Incompatible Storage Features

File management has been a nightmare for years and OneDrive is making things more complicated by adding to the number of extra steps we have to take in order to have a somewhat consistent experience. Here are just a few problems:

Storing your files on an NTFS drive lets you encrypt, compress, view zip file as regular folder, set permissions, file history, use bitlocker, file tagging, customize data shown in columns, file attributes, using time stamps for various automated or auditing purposes, LAN sharing over SMB 2/3, and offline caching. All of these features can often be put to good…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow us to export [Statistics for Files] of OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の [ファイルの統計情報] のエクスポート機能の実装
    Allow us to export [Statistics for Files] of OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    現在の動作において、OneDrive for Business の [ファイルの統計情報] のエクスポート機能が実装されていないことを確認しております。
    代替方法として、管理者側から Office 365 監査ログの検索結果をエクスポートすることが可能ですが、
    ユーザー単位でも [ファイルの統計情報] のエクスポートを可能とする機能の実装を希望します。

I would like to see the feature to export [Statistics for Files] of OneDrive for Business for each user.
    Exporting Office 365 audit logs by admins is working as a workaround, but it would be great if exporting [Statistics for Files] of each user is available as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Disable "People in {Tenant Name} with the link"

Allow organization admins to disable "People in {Tenant Name} with the link" sharing.

In order to help maintain inter-departmental access controls it would be helpful to disable this link. This would be similar to the ability to disable "Anyone with the link" that currently exists.

It is not uncommon for customer to Share Folders and inadvertently exposing content that is controlled through other RBAC methods. These links break those control models and impact OneDrive adoption.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Increase the filesize limit up to 100GB/File

Microsoft, please increase the OneDrive filesize limit to a much higher size!

The current filesize Limit is not up-to-date!

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow syncing only on computers joined to a local workgroup

Allow only syncing on PC's connected to an Azure domain. The setting is in OneDrive Admin but it only works for local AD domains. It doesn't say that so it is very confusing but I found an article on that from a third party and Microsoft agreed it was true. Allow only syncing on PC's connected to an Azure domain.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow us to control sharing between users between different GEO in Multi-GEO environment

■Title(件名):
    Multi-GEO 環境を利用の場合に、他の GEO のユーザーと共有できないよう制御する機能について
    Allow us to control sharing between users between different GEO in Multi-GEO environment

■Description(内容):
    現在、OneDrive for Business において、同一テナント内のユーザー間での共有を禁止する機能が実装されていないことを確認しております。Multi-GEO 環境を利用している場合に同一テナント内のユーザー間での共有を禁止できないことで、社内の機密情報が海外に漏洩する可能性があるため、異なる GEO 間での共有を禁止する機能の実装をお願いします。

I would like to see the feature to restrict sharing between users in different GEO. In current design, we are no able to stop sharing for users in same tenant in OneDrive Business, however, confidential information leakage to outside of countries might occur when we use Multi-GEO environment.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base