OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. HOLA, COMO HAGO PARA ELIMINAR ESTE PROGRAMA? SERIA BUENO TERNER ESA POSIBLILIDAD, COMO UN DERECHO UNIVERSAL DE PRIVACIDAD.

HOLA, COMO HAGO PARA ELIMINAR ESTE PROGRAMA? SERIA BUENO TERNER ESA POSIBILIDAD, COMO UN DERECHO UNIVERSAL DE PRIVACIDAD. gracias.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. stop locking me out of my email!! ..and one drive everytime !!

the point in cyber space is to acess your info anywhere.....stop all the verification **** while traveling... to difficult to
    verify when both your acc o unts are hotmail and both locked. i pay for one drive not and expect to use it . especially when airlines are trying to comtact me and im locked out of my emails and one drive. secret questions are enough security. no need to call phones and send codes to other emails....
    stop it or lose another customer....
    i dont have time to play security with you when im buying airline tickets at the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Problem with subscription

Hello.
    I have a problem. I have 15GB in the cloud for free + 4GB invitation bonus + 15GB camera album. In the amount of 34GB.
    But when I buy a 100GB subscription, I get 119GB. 15GB free fade out. It turns out that I pay for 85GB. Solve the problem

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to restrict user access in a specific days, hours and IP Addres.

Option to restrict user access in a specific days, hours and IP Address. We need to have control about the access of our files.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Offer additional storage for one time price rather than a monthly subscription

There should be additional amounts of storage, perhaps in increments of 10 GB, for fixed, one time costs. Not everyone wants to pay monthly and for me, now I am no longer using OneDrive (which I love) because I can get 100 GB free from other providers or go pay a "lifetime" cost for 1TB of storage. If one drive offered this, I think there would be a lot more users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add audit log when admin get access a user OneDrive

Admin can get access with no borders other than clicking a link to get access a user OneDrive files.
    It's a big security risk.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Files in my Personal Vault shouldn't show up in Windows Search when it is locked.

I created a text file in Personal Vault, locked the fault, and the file still showed up in Windows Search results. The vault is useless to me if this happens.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow us to control that users can access to OneDrive for Business only from sync client and specified IP

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    特定 IP アドレスかつ同期クライアントのみで OneDrive for Business にアクセスできるようにしたい
    Allow us to control that users can access to OneDrive for Business only from sync client and specified IP

■Description(内容):
    OneDriveを使用するにあたり、自宅を初めとする社外よりWebアクセスを制限させたい。
    アプリがインストールされている環境であれば、アクセスできてしまう点は考慮していません。最終的な要望として可能であれば職場や限られた場所からのみかつクライアントアプリからのみアクセスできるようにしたい。
    I would like to restrict users not to access OneDrive from outside of the organization including the user’s home. I’m not considering about the situation that users can access the service if they have installed the app. In conclusion, I would like to control where users can access OneDrive that only from the client app and specified location such as the office.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option to change email notification language for a user in Sharepoint/Onedrive

There are new mass file deletion notifications sent to users of OneDrive if they delete many files at once. There is also notifications sent to the manager when his employee is deleted so the files are accessible to him for X days. It seems like there is no way to change the language of these notifications. Companies are no longer unilingual only so it would be interesting to be able to change on a user base this setting either by powershell or portal

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow us to apply conditional access policy only for OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを OneDrive for Business にのみ適用したい。
    Allow us to apply conditional access policy only for OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを、OneDrive for Business のみに適用する機能の実装をお願いいたします。

I would like to see the feature to apply conditional access policy only for OneDrive for Business.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide GPO as separate download

Our computers has already installed OneDrive and we must uninstall and reinstall to just download latest GPO templates. So please, just published them on Microsoft Download Center like every other team (Office, Windows). Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option for Administrator to monitor file restore jobs. Users call wanting an update as to when it will be done.

I'd like the option for Administrators to be able to monitor File restore jobs and receive a notification when its completed. Keeping the web tab open isn't always going to be practical. Also, a rough time estimate would be helpful. Big difference between 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week. 1 month. thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Storage limits per user

From OneDrive admin center i can set a different storage limit for each user, as for now, i can adjust the storage limit for all users in the organization :)

It can be done for each Department as well ( which is for each Team group).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. DLP Policies

■Title(件名):
    DLP ポリシーについて
    DLP Policies

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 の DLP ポリシーについて、設定方法が複雑であるため、指定が難しい。
    簡易的に設定ができるよう、機能の拡張を希望します。
    また、現在は既定の機能で検知に対応していないマイナンバーやほかの個人情報についても、検知できるようあわせて拡張を希望いたします。
    Configuring the settings for DLP policies in Office 365 is difficult and confusing, so I would like to request that it be simplified.
    We would also like to see the functionality expanded to support and correctly detect personal information such as the Japanese “My Number” codes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ¿Hay alguna forma de poder acceder al contenido del "Almacen Personal" en aquellos casos en que no hay conexión disponible a Internet?

¿Hay alguna forma de poder acceder al contenido del "Almacen Personal" en aquellos casos en que no hay una conexión disponible a Internet?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remote Logout

If you log in to OneDrive from a PC, you tend to remain signed in, yet the ability to remotely log off a device or session is strangely missing. This makes your files vulnerable to access or deletion.

Other services, such as Google Drive, have this capability.

Example: You're at a friend's house and you use their PC to log in to OneDrive and download something, but don't click 'logoff.' Your friend now has access to all of your OneDrive files and can read, change, or delete the files. With remote logoff, you could use your app or PC to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a personnel vault integrated password manager

Everybody uses 3rd party password managers and now with personnel vault, one-drive it self can add a password manager making us dependent on one less 3rd party app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Regarding access by external users

■Title(件名):
    外部ユーザーのアクセスについて
    Regarding access by external users

■Description(内容):
    外部ユーザーのアクセス履歴を把握するために、外部ユーザーがアクセスした際、どのユーザーが、どのフォルダーにアクセスしたのか、管理者に自動的に通知を送信する機能の実装を要望します。
    In order to track the access history of external users, we would like to implement a function that automatically sends a notification to the administrator as to which external user has accessed which folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Limit or disable versioning based on file type

We would like to use OneDrive to allow users to backup their local PST files from their workstation. We don't want users to import these large files into their OST file in Outlook so it is more of an archive solution.

The issue is that if users connect their PST file to Outlook it starts creating versions. We can block sync of PST files but that is not the desired behaviour.

It would be nice if we could limit or disable versioning based on file types at an admin level.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base