OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Control internal and external shared links

I want to be able to control automatically all shared links in the organization by "setting" an expiration date. Actually we use a script the use Graph. They inspect all shared links in the Graph Delta items collection and:
    destroy all external shared links if they are 7 days old for external shared
    destroy all internal shared links if they are 30 old and resend an automatic invitation to "poke" both person: the sender and the receiver. Internal shared links can be use with our 6 emails domains.
    be able to monitoring all shared activity by group (user and AD…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. (DCR) modify the behavior of how the data is stored after a user selects “stop backup” on an ad\hoc basis

Issue:
    • When you stop the backup of any of your known folders, the files stay in the OneDrive folder instead of being moved to the original folder location.
    • The message you get is not very clear for a non-technical user, which will make them think they are losing their files by stopping the backup.

We would like to either make OneDrive to move the files back to the original location. [ definitely would like to push for this option.

Or if it’s not possible due to design / change complexity… To provide a more user friendly message, indicating…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow us to choose application when specifying and applying conditional access policies

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを指定して適用したい。
    Allow us to choose application when specifying and applying conditional access policies

■Description(内容):
    条件付きアクセス ポリシーを指定する際、OneDrive for Business 、SharePoint Online、Teams をそれぞれ選択して適用できる機能の実装をお願いいたします。

I would like to see the feature to choose application such as OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online and Teams when specifying and applying conditional access policies.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide us the feature to change syncing files status as [Free up space] automatically

■Title(件名):
    同期しているファイルを自動的に 「空き領域を増やす」 状態に変える機能を追加してほしい。
    Provide us the feature to change syncing files status as [Free up space] automatically

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business ファイルオンデマンドを利用して同期しているファイルに対して、PCのユーザー切り替えや PC のシャットダウンのタイミングですべての同期ファイルを「空き領域を増やす」 状態に変える機能を追加してほしい。

When user account was switched on the PC or shutdown PCs, I would like to see the feature to change the status as [Free up space] for all files which are synced by OneDrive for Business Files On-Demand.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Variable time-out times for OneDrive Vault

The automatic time-out for OneDrive Vault works great for work from phones and tablets, and while traveling, but when I'm sitting at my desk at home working on my Windows-10 desktop computer, I often need to work with the files in the Vault for an hour or more. Please allow an option (perhaps on the Open Vault request form) to specify how long we want the Vault to be open.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Granting Limited Read Access to OneDrive

Need to be able to grant former employee's OneDrive to manager, but not with full access as site collection. Read only access to sharepoint onedrive does not appear to work. When manager logs in they see any empty file structure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow us to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site

■Title(件名):
    サイトの既定の言語 (第一言語) を変更したい
    Allow us to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site

■Description(内容):
    作成済みのサイトの既定の言語 (第一言語) を任意に変更できるようにしてほしい。
    I would like to see the feature to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site in any.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Office file collaboration needs more granular policy

Please allow us to deploy a policy that will check/uncheck the option for File collaboration in the Office tab. Current policy only allow either to "check" and show the Office tab, or "uncheck" but hide the office tab.

We want to have option to "uncheck" by default but still show the Office tab so user can "check" the option if they wish to

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow administrators to force users setting password when they share items via sharing links

■Title(件名):
    共有リンクのパスワードの設定を必須とする機能について
    Allow administrators to force users setting password when they share items via sharing links

■Description(内容):
    管理者側の制御により、各ユーザーのアイテム共有時にパスワードの設定を必須とすることができるようにしてほしい。

I would like to see the feature for administrators to force users setting password when they share items via sharing links.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Prevent users from changing the location of their OneDrive folder does not work with ADMX

Prevent users from changing the location of their OneDrive folder option in the admx is not working. The admx makes the keys reg_sz and and onedrive does not react on that. If ik make the policy settings with preverences and use the docuemtned reg-dword. it works.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow admins to review the contents of “Shared with Me” of each user in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の各ユーザーの "自分と共有" を確認したい。
    Allow admins to review the contents of “Shared with Me” of each user in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    テナント内の別ユーザーの OneDrive for Business にアクセスした場合、画面左側の [共有] - [自分と共有] を表示すると閲覧できないため、当該のユーザーが共有を受けたアイテムのチェックが困難である。
    また、画面左側の [最近使ったアイテム] においても、当該のユーザーが利用していたアイテムは表示されない動作であるため、管理者が個人用サイトを確認する際に不便な部分がある。
    テナント内の別ユーザーの [自分と共有] および [最近使ったアイテム] を簡易的に確認するために、別ユーザーの操作および管理している内容が閲覧できるように、機能拡充を希望します。

I can’t see the list of [Share] – [Shared with me] when I access to other user’s (in the same tenant) OneDrive for Business, and this behavior make me harder to check the shared item in the user’s OneDrive for Business.

Also, in my [Recent item] on the left pain, the items which was used…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It is very difficult and non-intuitive to make a shared file "view only" instead of "can edit". This needs to be fixed

Make it easier to designate shared files "view only" instead of "can edit". This really needs to be fixed. It takes multiple tries because it is very non-intuitive at present.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Shared Links sent to guest users require #EXT#

Sending OneDrive links to a user that has existing guest access in MS Teams. Access seems to be granted to "EXAMPLE_domain.com#EXT#@OURTENANT.com" instead of "EXAMPLE@domain.com". User A enters their correct email address (which is entered accurately by User B who sent the link) and is greeted with "We couldn't find an account with that username." Users A & B have no way to know why error appears.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Storage allocation on Folder Level

Hello All,

How about having the folder level storage allocation in SharePoint Online / OneDrive for Business / OneDrive Personal.
    Let me try and explain my requirement I am a professional photographer I use OneDrive for sharing my Photographs with my clients with "view only" permission I also share my OneDrive with my Team (with Edit / Full Control Permission) so that they can upload the pics from the location since my team has the "Edit / Full Control" they can upload as many pics they want so basically I want to have better control with regards to the storage…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Onedrive for Business アクセス制御設定について

指定した端末のみ、対象の OneDrive 領域にアクセスが可能な機能を希望します。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Disable Pause/Stop Sync for OneDrive for Business

Disable Pause/Stop Sync for OneDrive for Business

This is critical as some of our users are pausing the sync when they should not be. They dont realize this replaced folder redirection and if they are not syncing new data it will be lost in the event of a computer failure.

This ensures the less likely hood of user data being lost.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Share expiration days should be separate per type of share

I wanted to be able to expire a shared link with "Anyone with the link" for a certain # of days, but I did not want that expiration to apply to internal users whom I have granted permissions with via "specific people".

This would help limit the risk and force owners to review their share. External users would have to re-request access after a certain # of days if they still need it.

The better option would be to be able to expire shares per user but if this is too granular, I would settle for being able to expire…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories