OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Password personal vault.

Can you add a personal vault for onedrive that works with password please?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. One Drive - Device Access - Options to apply the policy to specific users.

One Drive-Device Access-"Allow access only from specific ip address locations"- Need the option to choose the "Users" to apply the policy.

At this moment, on this policy, it applies to all the users of the domain.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Personal Vault Shared

I would like an ability to share a personal vault with someone else. So that I can share the sensitive family documents with the same re-authentication controls.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 6TB per one person and one person only. Best be in the very near future

Let me know when you allow one person to utilize all of the 6TB at once, then I'll consider signing up. In the meantime, 1TB per person, out of 6TB, is ludicrous!

We sent people to the Moon! How is this not possible?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to purge the Preservation Hold Library

The ability for OneDrive admins with rights to delete to purge the entire Preservation Hold Library of user OneDrives.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want a feature to view log of items deleted due to the expiration of recycle bin retention period

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    ごみ箱の保管期限を過ぎて自動削除されたログを取得する機能を希望
    I want a feature to view log of items deleted due to the expiration of recycle bin retention period

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online や OneDrive for Business にて、ごみ箱の保管期限を過ぎて自動削除されたファイルを確認できる機能の追加をしてほしい。
    I hope a function that allows checking of files that were automatically deleted due to the expiration of recycle bin retention period will be implemented for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. major issue

Dear team,

Attention to Microsoft developer I found the issue on OneDrive if we login to our iPhone and after 5 minutes if we change the Microsoft account password and or even change the primary email OneDrive on iPhone will not find out password is changed or email is change one driver on iPhone keep working its mast be if password change then sign out from everywhere if you have any question I can explain more

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Onedrive Client Type Metrics

Please introduce a way of monitoring what type of client is used to connect to OneDrive and SharePoint libraries. (ideally somewhere like the Unified Logging or OneDrive Logging on O365)

This and other metrics would be useful for justification for developing strategies going forward about what software to have installed on our corp wide domain.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Shares expiration after X days for all sharing levels (Public, New External, Existing External, ...)

Hello everyone,

For security reasons, I think it would be interesting to be able to limit all the shares proposed by OneDrive in time.

Today, we can define the number of days after which a share expires only when we configure OneDrive to the most permissive level: Share with everyone.

Why not allow this expiration notion for other levels of sharing?

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PRIVACY LOCKOUT; BRUTAL. DO NOT LINK EDUCATIONAL ACCOUNT TO PRIVATE ACCOUNT

Hi Lucas

As discussed today the email address xxxx@deakin.edu.au which was previously active email tied to your student account. This account we unlinked from your Dxxxx Account when it was deleted on this date: 2016-12-05.

Dxxxx student username/emails are randomly generated and hosted on Exchange365 making it now impossible to recover this email. I would also advise the company you are dealing with that usernames unlike student ID numbers can and do get reassigned to different users after a certain period of years, this would pose a security risk and/or data breach for any data you have stored/hosted on their…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please update OneDrive for Business storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed

■Title(件名):
    ライセンス切り替えに伴う OneDrive for Business の容量変更を自動化してほしい。
    Please update OneDrive for Business storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed

■Description(内容):
    F1 ライセンスから E3 ライセンスに切り替えたユーザーの OneDrive for Business の容量が、2 GB から 1 TB に変更されるはずだが自動的に変更されない。
    PowerShell での変更が必要になるため、ライセンス変更時に自動的に OneDrive for Business の容量も変更されるようにしてほしい。

It would be great if OneDrive storage size will be updated from 2GB to 1TB automatically when the assigned license to users are changed from F1 to E3.
    In current design, we need to change the size via PowerShell, so please change storage size automatically when the assigned license is changed.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Regarding external sharing settings for specified domains in the Admin Center

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 管理センターにて設定するドメインを指定した外部共有設定について
    Regarding external sharing settings for specified domains in the Admin Center

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 管理センターにて設定するドメインを指定した外部共有設定にて、SharePoint Online とは連動せずに独立して設定が可能となる機能をお願いします。
    When setting sharing settings for specified domains in the OneDrive Admin Center, I would request a way to specify these settings such that they are independent of SharePoint Online.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow me to permanently uninstall OneDrive in one go

Also, it should not try to reinstall itself again ever in the future, if it is once removed.

please...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. About a function to update the version of OneDrive for Business sync client from the GUI in Office 365

■Title(件名):
    Office 365 の GUI 上から、OneDrive 同期クライアントのバージョンを更新する機能
    About a function to update the version of OneDrive for Business sync client from the GUI in Office 365

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 の GUI 上 (OneDrive 管理センター等) から、OneDrive 同期クライアントのバージョンを更新できるような機能の拡充を希望します。
    I would request a function to update the version of OneDrive for Business sync client from the GUI (OneDrive administration center, etc.) in Office 365

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Recover Onedrive files after deletion

Dear Microsoft team,

My files were deleted after Onedrive's freeze. I contacted support, and they informed me that it is definitive.
    Some files are very important, so Microsoft should give its customer a chance to recover them.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. let admins setup a mapped drive for end users to access sharepoint document library

let admins setup a mapped drive for end users to access sharepoint document library. Dont want to have all users synced to sharepoint doc library by using OneDrive Sync method due to security risks or user deleting library accidentally

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow us to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site

■Title(件名):
    サイトの既定の言語 (第一言語) を変更したい
    Allow us to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site

■Description(内容):
    作成済みのサイトの既定の言語 (第一言語) を任意に変更できるようにしてほしい。
    I would like to see the feature to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site in any.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Classification using MS365 Sensitivity Lables

Ability to classify files and folders right from OneDrive GUI using a context menu (Right Click) without opening.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)