OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. In the sync client, add a function to get a list of all files which have been synced from the OneDrive for Business side

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    同期クライアントにて、同期済みとなっているファイルの一覧を、OneDrive for Business 側から取得する機能の提供を希望します。
    In the sync client, add a function to get a list of all files which have been synced from the OneDrive for Business side

■Description(内容):
    同期クライアントにて、クライアント上に同期済みとなっているファイルは、端末側からであれば確認ができるが、OneDrive for Business 側からの確認ができない。端末の紛失時に、どのファイルが同期されていたのか確認したり、ファイル管理の上でも OneDrive for Business 側から同期済みファイルの一覧を取得する機能の提供を希望します。

While it is possible to check which files have been synced on the sync client from that machine itself, it is not possible to do it from the OneDrive for Business side. If a device is lose, we would like to be able to confirm which files were synced on it, and get a list of all of those…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding recipient details in External sharing Policy -

We are unable to view the external email id when a person share the file or folder hence no use of the policy with out tracking the email id of the recipient.

Please enable this feature in the policy field to select and the same has to be triggered in the alert notification too...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide a method to delegate access to a beneficiary upon death, like Google's Inactive Account Manager

OneDrive accounts may contain very sensitive and important information, especially when combined with the use of the Personal Vault. For instance, if you store your will in your Personal Vault, then upon your death or presumed death a beneficiary should have a method to automatically gain access to your account. Google accomplishes this with the Inactive Account Manager. It is not sufficient that a family member can submit legal documentation as I should have the ability to decide who gets access to my account and when, and I can choose to accept the liability that comes with that decision.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a means to check the time at which the OneDrive app synced

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期アプリでの同期時間を確認できる機能を希望。
    Add a means to check the time at which the OneDrive app synced

■Description(内容):
    ユーザーのOneDrive for Business への同期時間を確認できるログなどの機能を追加してほしい。

Please add a log etc. so we can check when users’ OneDrive for Business synced.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Intelligent file management

OneDrive should continuously monitor files to identify duplicate files and files that have not been used for a certain time. Duplicate files take more space in the cloud and on our local machines when we keep them synchronized, and more space taken means less space available and eventually leads to the addition of extra storage (both in data centers and locally), which leads to more energy wasted, etc. Files that we have not used in a while could be candidate to be kept in the cloud only. Why perform this manually when OneDrive could give us a nice monthly report…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Litigation Hold Reports

Please add options for us to determine which OneDrive accounts currently have litigation holds. We need a way to validate the hold is present.

1) Please add a report in the OneDrive Admin Compliance center.
    https://admin.onedrive.com/?v=ComplianceSettings

2) Add additional reporting to Microsoft 365 Admin Center for Security and Complaince.

3) Create a new poweshell commandlet and/or add a Hold "flag" onto existing data results. Such as when running something like this: Get-SPOSite -Identity $OneDriveURL | FL

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How to restrict Global Admin access to users One-drive ?

Global Admin can see users Onedrive data. Is there any way to block or at least can user get alert when global admin access.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add Unlimited Personal Vault features on a Storage Only package because we already bought MS Office (Not 365).

Some people such as me, want to upgrade to get a personal vault feature, but we cannot buy 356 personal packages because we already have the Office app.

I want to buy an OneDrive storage solution only (Maybe 1TB that's okay) but please include the personal vault without Office.
    I bet that will be attracting more customer from other cloud solutions like Google Drive or Dropbox.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Group Policy settings to control auto start of OneDrive

I need Group Policy settings to control auto start of OneDrive.
    On some machines its autostart is disabled either by the user or by Windows itself. I have folder redirection setup and it doesn't work without OneDrive automatically starting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Formatting settings in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の表示形式の設定について
    View formatting settings in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の列の表示形式について、管理者が PowerShell で一括で設定する機能を追加してほしい。

I would like for administrators to be able to use PowerShell to set all formatting settings for columns in OneDrive for Business at once.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 文件整理

含有大量文件的文件夹 提供一键整理功能 例如 手机照片上传 都会上传到 Camera Roll文件夹中 导致整个文件夹非常庞大 并且含有大量文件 .在Windows下打开该文件夹 会导致电脑卡顿

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I don't want your one drive offer so stop making my computer shove it down my throat.

off with your constant one drive !!!!
    If I want to back up my files I'm capable of doing it myself!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Silent sign on to OneDrive for Business

It would improve convenience for users if we could do silent sign-on to OneDrive for Business.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. No Tool for unlocking OneDrive folder in case of motherboard failure

Onedrive was not online due to non availability of internet and user kept on storing data in onedrive folder installed on Windows laptop/desktop and motherboard has failed. Tried to connect hard drive to another laptop but could not access OneDrive folder. Other folders on same drive are accessible. Tried to sync with same O365 user id and password but in vain.
    It means Microsoft does not have a tool to restore the encrypted (protected) one drive folder. It has happened with 3 users in 2 months. Please provide tool for restoration in such cases (if the ticket is raised to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The ability to Delete Folders that aren't empty.

By default you cannot delete folders in One Drive that aren't empty. This can be a huge pain especially when a user accidentally syncs a folder that should have been excluded (eg. 'C:\Users\UserName\Documents\MobaXTerm\ '). In order to delete the folder, I have to use a PowerShell script that recursively removes all of the sub-files and sub-folders (see attached).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Regarding cases where there is no way to send sharing authentication codes to external users who do not have an Exchange mail account

■Title(件名):
    Exchangeメールアカウントを持たない外部のユーザーが共有の検証コードを受信する方法がない件について
    Regarding cases where there is no way to send sharing authentication codes to external users who do not have an Exchange mail account

■Description(内容):
    Exchange メールアカウントを持たない外部のユーザーへ共有リンクを送信した場合、検証コードを受信することができずコードの確認が行えない状況です。
    メールアカウントを持たない外部のユーザーへ OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムの共有を行った場合も、共有先のユーザーが検証コードの受信が行えるように、機能の実装をお願いいたします。

If a sharing link is sent to an external user who does not have an Exchange mail account, a verification code cannot be sent and therefore it is not possible for them to confirm said code.
    Even if an item is shared with such a user from OneDrive for Business, we would like to be able to send them the authentication code, so please…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Incentives for Malicious Site Reporters (phishing) @msftsecurity

Hi,

I have two suggestions, both related to phishing attacks against Microsoft.

▶Make phishing reports traceable!

The phishing reports sent to hXXps://www[.]microsoft[.]com/en-us/wdsi/support/report-unsafe-site-guest
    result in a generic "thank you" message, and thus give me impression that go into a black hole.

No ticket, no OLA, no trace that the report has ever been sent nor received.
    This severely discourages independent security analysts like myself from using your reporting system,
    even if it is related to Microsoft products like Outlook or OneDrive.

Create and API for reporting, not only the clunky web form.

▶Create a report-gift system.
    Count legit reports sent out…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Notification mail when approaching the upper storage limit on OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の容量上限に近づいた際に送信される通知メールについて
    Notification mail when approaching the upper storage limit on OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の容量上限に近づいた際に既定の値として、90% を超えた場合に通知メールが送信されるが、この値を変更して、初期値のように設定したい。
    ユーザーが増えた場合そのたびに設定するのではなく初期値としての値を設定し、値を超えた場合に、OneDrive for Business の所有者および管理者に送信されるような機能が欲しい。

By default, when going over 90% of the upper usage cap on OneDrive for Business, a notification mail is sent, but we would like to be able to change that value, and set this as a new default value.
    If new users are added, instead of having to set this value again each time, it should be set to an initially configured default, and then if that value is exceeded…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow uploading of encrypted files through third party app

Please make it possible to upload encrypted files through apps like rclone without continously triggering ransomware protection which blocks the web interface. Alternatively: When the user confirms that the uploading of encrypted files is intended, OneDrive should stop triggering ransomware protection again and again, as it is currently doing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories