OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Change behavior where if the Office Online tile is hidden it becomes impossible to use

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    タイルの非表示化設定をすると Office Online が使用できなくなる事象を改善してほしい。
    Change behavior where if the Office Online tile is hidden it becomes impossible to use
    ■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online と Office Online のライセンスが付与されていても、SharePoint 管理センターの "OneDrive と Office Online"のタイルを非表示化した場合、Office Online の URL にアクセスすると 「ライセンスがありません」とエラーになる。
    一部ユーザーのみで Office Online を使用したいため、タイルを表示せずに Office Online を使用できるようにしてほしい。
    Even if licenses for SharePoint Online and Office Online are correctly assigned, if the “OneDrive and Office Online” tile is set to be hidden via the SharePoint Admin Center, attempting to access the Office Online URL results in a “No license” error.
    I want to have only certain users use Office Online,…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a personnel vault integrated password manager

Everybody uses 3rd party password managers and now with personnel vault, one-drive it self can add a password manager making us dependent on one less 3rd party app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Regarding external sharing settings for specified domains in the Admin Center

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 管理センターにて設定するドメインを指定した外部共有設定について
    Regarding external sharing settings for specified domains in the Admin Center
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 管理センターにて設定するドメインを指定した外部共有設定にて、SharePoint Online とは連動せずに独立して設定が可能となる機能をお願いします。
    When setting sharing settings for specified domains in the OneDrive Admin Center, I would request a way to specify these settings such that they are independent of SharePoint Online.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Regarding access by external users

■Title(件名):
    外部ユーザーのアクセスについて

Regarding access by external users
    ■Description(内容):
    外部ユーザーをフォルダーに対して招待した時に、外部ユーザーが共有フォルダー配下の各ファイルにアクセスしたことを初回のみ管理者に自動的に通知できる機能の実装を要望します。

We want to implement a feature such that when you invite an external user to a folder the administrator is automatically notified only for the first time that an external user has accessed each file under the shared folder.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Regarding access by external users

■Title(件名):
    外部ユーザーのアクセスについて
    Regarding access by external users
    ■Description(内容):
    外部ユーザーのアクセス履歴を把握するために、外部ユーザーがアクセスした際、どのユーザーが、どのフォルダーにアクセスしたのか、管理者に自動的に通知を送信する機能の実装を要望します。
    In order to track the access history of external users, we would like to implement a function that automatically sends a notification to the administrator as to which external user has accessed which folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please increase the number of free files in Personal Vault

Since you can only have a maximum of three files without a premium plan in the Personal Vault, I can't do anything with the vault. Please increase the number of possible files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option for OneDrive to Skip Backup of Select Folders, without deleting them from our computers.

Folders like ".git", "tmp", "cache" should never be backed up. They are easily regenerated and there is no logical reason to backup these folders ever. These folders need to be skipped.

Currently we have the option to not backup certain folders but they will be deleted from our computers if we do. How about allow us to keep the folder on our computers and OneDrive...simply ignores it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Regarding setting the “Require Passcode” option for the mobile device App.

■Title(件名):
    モバイル デバイスのアプリにパスコードを必須とする設定について
    Regarding setting the “Require Passcode” option for the mobile device App.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 管理センターにて設定できる [デバイス アクセス] - [モバイル アプリケーション管理] 項目の [アプリのパスコードを必須にする] 機能について、ユーザーやグループ単位での制御可能とする機能の提供を希望します。
    In the OneDrive Admin Center, it is possible to go into Device Access -> Mobile Application Management and find the “Require App Passcode” setting. I would like to be able to specify this setting for specific users or user groups.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable another option to blocking syncing file using file names

Please add blocking syncing of specific file by file names aswell not only file types,
    Please this Feature to be reviewed and hopefully added, as i believe its a very smart idea to have file blocked by names aswell.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please allow different permission settings between Admin Centers for "Apps that don't use modern authentication".

■Title(件名):
    先進認証を使用していないアプリの許可設定を個別に設定したい
    Please allow different permission settings between Admin Centers for "Apps that don't use modern authentication".

■Description(内容):
    現在 SharePoint 管理センターと、OneDrive 管理センターの "先進認証を使用していないアプリ" を許可 / 禁止する項目は連動していることを確認しております。
    SharePoint Online 側のみ、または OneDrive for Business 側のみ、など、先進認証を使用していないアプリの許可 / 禁止設定をそれぞれ個別に行えるよう、機能の拡張をお願いいたします。

Currently, the SharePoint Admin Center and OneDrive Admin Center have a setting to allow or disallow "Apps that don't use modern authentication". I would like to see a provision to allow setting the allow/disallow state individually on both SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Regarding the behavior of notifications when a file is downloaded from a shared folder in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business において、共有したフォルダー内のファイルをダウンロードした際の通知動作について
    Regarding the behavior of notifications when a file is downloaded from a shared folder in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business において、ファイル単体で共有設定を実施した場合、共有先ユーザーでそのファイルをダウンロードした際には共有元ユーザーにメールで通知される機能がありますが、フォルダーを共有先として指定した場合には、共有先のユーザーがフォルダー内のファイルをダウンロードしても共有元ユーザーに通知される機能がありません。この通知機能を追加してほしい。

In OneDrive for Business, if an individual file is shared then there exists a function that notifies the owner when a user downloads that file. However, there is no such notification functionality if the sharing is set at the folder level, and the files within the folder are downloaded. I would like to see this feature added in the future.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Personal vault feature for corporate tenant

Pls make available personal vault feature for corporate tenant. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable Option to Turn off Onedrive for Business Versioning

I am currently using OneDrive for Business as a back-up storage which mirrors one of my other cloud storage. The version files takes up space every time we trigger a sync. I would like for the option to turn-off versioning for OneDrive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. you might consider making the 'lock' personalised thru settings or such ....

from zero (locks instantly) up to 20mins. I'm not sure if security is higher this way or in password protected documents?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Secure One Drive (web, android, iOS, PC and Mac) using two step authentication

Secure One Drive (web, android, iOS, PC and Mac) using two step verification just like in "Personal Vault". This would definitely secure our One Drive in an event when one of our devices would be stolen. I have signed in to One Drive web recently and typed all the password and it automatically connects me with my One Drive without verifying who entered the password. What if something happens to one or more of my devices, how can I retrieve and possibly secure all my files in my Account. Identity theft is still the number one issue today.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix security for OneDrive Folders & Files on Android.

OneDrive app for Android is giving users a false sense of security. You can enable a password, or on certain devices, fingerprint security or facial recognition to unlock OneDrive. But if the user has installed Word Mobile, or Excel Mobile, all OneDrive folders and files are accessible without any password, fingerprint or other security. There is no way to limit the Word mobile or Excel mobile apps on Android from having access to OneDrive folders and files. So any security for OneDrive is completely bypassed.
    If one were to lose one's device, the whole idea of requiring security is so…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. if I don't have a moblie phone what do I do

does anyone have an idea how to retrieve my stuff of OneDrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 建议onedrive个人保管库在锁定状态下依然可以同步更改

onedrive个人保管库只能在解锁状态下才能同步更改,这个机制不太合理,当我需要在个人保管库中上传大文件时,一般都不能在20分钟(保管库自动锁定时间)内完成上传更新任务,这时个人保管库会自动锁定并停止上传,导致我在其他设备上无法看到我在保管库中修改的内容。建议修改为在锁定状态下依然可以同步更改但是不能查看,这样更好一些,

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow us to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site

■Title(件名):
    サイトの既定の言語 (第一言語) を変更したい
    Allow us to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site

■Description(内容):
    作成済みのサイトの既定の言語 (第一言語) を任意に変更できるようにしてほしい。
    I would like to see the feature to change the Default Language (the primary language) of existing site in any.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Path of file in info

Searching a file via common specifications (e.g.: Rome municipality, conifers, article1.pdf) can gives various proposed file, but do not offer (at least in the info) the path of the file: they make it cumbersome to discern between multiple editions of the file, different topics and folders (shared or not), and in general recognize at a glance the exact location (in my case factor of productivity) become a complicated task.
    So please Just add those infos where it's supposed to find their.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories