OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Add Security key to log into Personal Vault

When logging into my "Personal Vault" (from windows, by rightclicking on OneDrive icon in the taskbar and selecting Personal Vault) a code is sent to my secondary email, which I should then copy-paste into the log in window in order to continue.

Suggestion: add a security key there, similar as to when accessing Personal Vault online thru onedrive.live.com

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why does Windows make the owner of one for there items do this, plus why do have to pay if we do not want this???

I am not happy I was forced to have my laptop info put on ONE DRIVE. I could not open my computer as the one drive setting was on the screen and i could not by pass.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Give access to all 6TB of storage

Let us access all 6TB that come with the Microsoft Office 365 Family Plan. Let the main user (who is PAYING for it) allocate the storage amongst users.

I get the idea from a Sales point of view. That 6TB looks great - until I realized I can’t access it all. I’m the main user, but only have 1TB, so now I have to pay for more storage. It’s really hard to swallow when I’m paying for 5TB I can’t access. Give me even 2TB more. Something. And I’m not interested in setting up 5 fake accounts to do this.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Voice code word: TruSt 'keeping the fakes away and stopping abuse.'

Voice enchanced security with a secret word of the users choosing setup by them will help keep those who are not authorized out.

And if any possible change the user could be allowed to call or email the company 2 call them and ask for that secret code in which they would only know and they could be able to do so in private when they are alone To keep their privacy secure and update each time there is an error or problem so they can know, there accounts are safe from the fraudsters that perform account take over

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow option to allow "Receive Files" while limiting "Share" level access.

Currently in order to enable "Receive Files" on OD, tenant permissions have to be set to "Anyone with this link...". This is not an acceptable level for sharing in our organization, but we would like to be able to receive files securely. Please allow up to set permissions for incoming files to be different from sharing links.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A simple method for Admins to Create Groups of user with different Sharing Polocies

As an Admin, I only appear to be able to change external sharing policies for every user in the Tennant for my Business. I would like to make groups of users with different policies for sharing documents externally. Maybe there is a way of doing this and I a, just being daft.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. notification when opening/downloading/uploaded shared file on OneDrive

currently the user receives a notification only when the OneDrive shared link is clicked.
    It would be very important to also receive notification every time when the file is downloaded, uploaded or opened

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to sync specific file types by extension.

Would it be possible to filter file types by extension, i.e. not sync .exe, files by policy?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Under "manage access", options ought to be given to administrator whether another can "add only" documents

I have a situation where I would not want another user to delete files but would like to give them access to view and add documents. Hence, it would be good to have additional options for the administrator.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Option to opt-out of ransomware alerts

I am using Cryptomator to encrypt the files in my OneDrive.
    Every time I am uploading new files, OneDrive is sending me a Ransomware alert. Every time, I have to sign in and confirm that everything is okay.
    This is super annoying. There were three alerts today alone. Please let me turn it off. Yes, all my files are encrypted, but this is on purpose. Are you trying to teach your users that encryption is bad?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. You should establush the ability for users to see which devices are signed into their account and let users sign out of any device.

You would be able to check and logout of one drive on your work computer from your home computer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please support remote logout of onedrive account

Currently, OneDrive of Home will change the account password, while remote OneDrive can only log out when you log in again. If the remote OneDrive is not restarted, it will always work. It is strongly recommended to disable synchronization directly remotely.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want to specify which browser is used when clicking on “View online” in the OneDrive client

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントで [オンラインで表示] をクリックした際に起動する Web ブラウザーを指定したい。
    I want to specify which browser is used when clicking on “View online” in the OneDrive client

OneDrive 同期クライアントで [オンラインで表示] をクリックした際に起動する Web ブラウザーは Windows の [既定のプログラム] で設定された Web ブラウザーだが、OneDrive 以外の動作にも影響するため、既定のプログラムは変更したくない。
    OneDrive から [オンラインで表示] をクリックした場合に起動する Web ブラウザーのみを任意に設定する機能の拡充を要望します。

When clicking on “View online” in the OneDrive client, the browser set in Windows’ “Default programs” is run, but this affects things other than OneDrive, so we do not want to change the default browser.
    Please add a way to specify which browser is used when opening items in this way.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add way to copy set access permission levels when copying a file or folder

■Title(件名):
    ファイルやフォルダーをコピーしたときに、固有に設定されたアクセス許可レベルもコピーされる機能
    Add way to copy set access permission levels when copying a file or folder

現在の動作では、ファイルやフォルダーをコピーしたときに、固有に設定されたアクセス許可レベルまではコピーされない。新たに設定するための手間が省かれ、工程の短縮につながるので、アクセス許可レベルも含めてコピーされる機能の拡充を希望します。

Currently, when copying a file or folder, the fixed access permission levels are not copied with them. Since it takes some work to configure them again, please add a way to include the access permission levels when copying.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Search function for site collection admins added to OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business に追加されたサイトコレクション管理者の検索について
    Search function for site collection admins added to OneDrive for Business

OneDrive for Business に追加されたサイトコレクション管理者が、対象の OneDrive for Business 内で検索を行った場合、検索結果が表示されない。
    追加されたサイトコレクション管理者でもファイル管理を行うため、検索結果を表示するよう、機能の拡充を希望する

Site collection admins added to OneDrive for Business cannot see results of searches in OneDrive for Business.
    Site collection admins added in this way need to manage files, so please make search results appear correctly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible to select files in the OneDrive app from the Salesforce app

■Title(件名):
    Salesforce アプリから OneDrive アプリ上のファイルを選択できるようにして欲しい。
    Make it possible to select files in the OneDrive app from the Salesforce app

以前は Salesforce アプリから OneDrive アプリ上のファイルを選択できていました。
    しかしながら、現在は Salesforce アプリと OneDrive アプリの連携がされておらず、OneDrive アプリ上のファイルが選択できない状態です。

以前のように Salesforce アプリと OneDrive アプリの連携し、OneDrive アプリ上のファイルを選択できるようにして欲しい。

It used to be possible to select files in the OneDrive app from the Salesforce app.
    However, they are no longer related to each other, and you cannot select files in the OneDrive app anymore.

Please make it possible to do this as before.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add a way to find all duplicated user information at once

■Title(件名):
    一括で重複しているユーザー情報を取得する機能を要望します
    Add a way to find all duplicated user information at once

Microsoft 365 管理センターから診断を実施することでアカウントが重複しているユーザーを確認、改善することが可能ではあるが、多数のユーザーアカウントを作成した際など、1ユーザーづつ確認するのは現実的ではないため、一括で重複しているユーザーを確認する機能を要望します。

It is possible to find and fix duplicated user accounts using tools in the Microsoft 365 admin center, but in cases such as where many user accounts have been created, doing this one-by-one is not realistic, so please add a way to check all duplicated user accounts at once.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Exclude Folder from Photos Gallery

A folder should be able to be marked as "Do not show in Photos Gallery" as to not automatically scrape any photo into the timeline/gallery view

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Admin report for OneDrive User's Folder Structure and their size

We have command line in Microsoft Exchange Server "Get-MailboxFolderStatistics". Upon using it with appropriate switches like "Get-MailboxFolderStatistics -Identity "xyz@abc.com" | FT Name,FolderAndSubfolderSize,ItemsInFolderAndSubfolders,FolderPath", it can filter all user's mailbox folders and subfolders with their respective size. We need similar functionality in OneDrive for Business for admins. Imagine a scenario where admin needs to user based storage and wants to share report with an end user about folder based storage, there is no provision as such currently.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base