OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Open Source Code with real privacy needed

Need a more secure data privacy system. With Windows 10 telemetry and microsoft's automatic back-doors into your system, ALL your "private" data is actually not private at all.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Technician role for Sync Admin Report

Either lower the role needed, or create an alternative "Technician view" for the new Sync Admin Report for someone without the Global Reader (or some higher) role.
    Ideally, we want those with a helpdesk or technician role to be able to see current sync status on a per computer basis with a field for user as well. The current O365 health reporting only shows user. The main workflow intended is for device replacement or system restores, so we can see data is backed up before proceeding and without expecting this burden to be on the end user.

If we need…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Merge all OneDrive/ SharePoint into Office App Admin Center

*** the Office ecosystem is pulled together more, allow for all applications (OneDrive, Teams, M365 Apps, Office Add-ins) to be manage from the Office App Admin Center so that enterprise teams can have a central location for managing all aspects of M365 within an organization. Right now, to deploy an add-in you need someone with Global or Exchange Admin rights when that should be with the Office app admin role. Same with managing OneDrive client settings and policies. Retention and restoration should be moved to the Office App Admin Center.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Export of OneDrive Details from App Admin Center

Currently in preview there is an option to see all details for the OneDrive sync client in the App Admin Center but no method of exporting the data as a whole or individually. It would be great if we could get an option to export the data with the error types so that in case of any error, it can be resolve where we would know the issue with detail in an exported csv file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Onedrive Share Links Should not be affected by UPN Name Change

We had some issues recently due to this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/upn-changes

IMO it should get fixed very soon, as name changes are very common due to marriage etc.

It is not practical in productive environment!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Personal Vault in OneDrive needs better access support

I'm currently having issues with my Personal Vault and wish there's someone from Microsoft OneDrive who can further assist me faster vs. getting transfer around, and still no one able to help or know what the problem is.

The issue started when I could not send a code to my email to get access to our company's Personal Vault so I've decided to change the security information from Email to Phone Number hoping that it would fix the issue. However, that made it worse. Unbeknownst to me, there's a waiting period of 30 DAYS for the changes to take effect…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For Netherlands : allow Digid for accesscontrol

I have a suggestion on access control:

In the Netherlands government web access e.g. to fill in your tax are controlled by Digid. This is a secure system which almost all inhabitants of the Netherlands use.

The advantage of Digid are that :
    - If a user looses there credentials then they can contact the Dutch government to get your credentials back.
    - Almost all residents of the Netherlands have a digid account.
    - It is secure.

It is already used by e.g. Dutch medical insurance companies to allow web access for there clients.

You can get more details on…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow more than 2TB of cloud storage

Allow more than 2TB of cloud storage for an individual user, Even just a standalone cloud storage with no Office software included.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Security key to log into Personal Vault

When logging into my "Personal Vault" (from windows, by rightclicking on OneDrive icon in the taskbar and selecting Personal Vault) a code is sent to my secondary email, which I should then copy-paste into the log in window in order to continue.

Suggestion: add a security key there, similar as to when accessing Personal Vault online thru onedrive.live.com

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Why does Windows make the owner of one for there items do this, plus why do have to pay if we do not want this???

I am not happy I was forced to have my laptop info put on ONE DRIVE. I could not open my computer as the one drive setting was on the screen and i could not by pass.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give access to all 6TB of storage

Let us access all 6TB that come with the Microsoft Office 365 Family Plan. Let the main user (who is PAYING for it) allocate the storage amongst users.

I get the idea from a Sales point of view. That 6TB looks great - until I realized I can’t access it all. I’m the main user, but only have 1TB, so now I have to pay for more storage. It’s really hard to swallow when I’m paying for 5TB I can’t access. Give me even 2TB more. Something. And I’m not interested in setting up 5 fake accounts to do this.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Voice code word: TruSt 'keeping the fakes away and stopping abuse.'

Voice enchanced security with a secret word of the users choosing setup by them will help keep those who are not authorized out.

And if any possible change the user could be allowed to call or email the company 2 call them and ask for that secret code in which they would only know and they could be able to do so in private when they are alone To keep their privacy secure and update each time there is an error or problem so they can know, there accounts are safe from the fraudsters that perform account take over

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow option to allow "Receive Files" while limiting "Share" level access.

Currently in order to enable "Receive Files" on OD, tenant permissions have to be set to "Anyone with this link...". This is not an acceptable level for sharing in our organization, but we would like to be able to receive files securely. Please allow up to set permissions for incoming files to be different from sharing links.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A simple method for Admins to Create Groups of user with different Sharing Polocies

As an Admin, I only appear to be able to change external sharing policies for every user in the Tennant for my Business. I would like to make groups of users with different policies for sharing documents externally. Maybe there is a way of doing this and I a, just being daft.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. notification when opening/downloading/uploaded shared file on OneDrive

currently the user receives a notification only when the OneDrive shared link is clicked.
    It would be very important to also receive notification every time when the file is downloaded, uploaded or opened

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to sync specific file types by extension.

Would it be possible to filter file types by extension, i.e. not sync .exe, files by policy?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Under "manage access", options ought to be given to administrator whether another can "add only" documents

I have a situation where I would not want another user to delete files but would like to give them access to view and add documents. Hence, it would be good to have additional options for the administrator.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to opt-out of ransomware alerts

I am using Cryptomator to encrypt the files in my OneDrive.
    Every time I am uploading new files, OneDrive is sending me a Ransomware alert. Every time, I have to sign in and confirm that everything is okay.
    This is super annoying. There were three alerts today alone. Please let me turn it off. Yes, all my files are encrypted, but this is on purpose. Are you trying to teach your users that encryption is bad?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. You should establush the ability for users to see which devices are signed into their account and let users sign out of any device.

You would be able to check and logout of one drive on your work computer from your home computer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base