OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Shared Links sent to guest users require #EXT#

Sending OneDrive links to a user that has existing guest access in MS Teams. Access seems to be granted to "EXAMPLE_domain.com#EXT#@OURTENANT.com" instead of "EXAMPLE@domain.com". User A enters their correct email address (which is entered accurately by User B who sent the link) and is greeted with "We couldn't find an account with that username." Users A & B have no way to know why error appears.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Onedrive and network share syncronization

The ability to sync a network share and onedrive. With the ability to make changes in either onedrive or the network share reflect in both locations in real time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Select synch direction: mirror, only to cloud, other

onedrive does not allow you to save files only from PC to cloud. I would like a select direction backup or mirror, like in other sw

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Onedrive for Business アクセス制御設定について

指定した端末のみ、対象の OneDrive 領域にアクセスが可能な機能を希望します。

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Creating a Static Link which does not include Personal Information when sharing files.

OneDrive "get link" URL contains personally-identifiable information. The URL that OneDrive gives you, when you share a folder, or file, contains both the organization name, as well as your personal email address.
    "https://<your organization>-my.sharepoint.com/personal/<your email address>/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?folderid=1fc523d2004e243e5b01f8444a25aa921&authkey=ATiR2GckBFQK9-Tl8u4Q6bM"

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We hope to use the "Contents Search" feature to filter the names of users that we have chatted with before on Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    コンテンツ検索機能にて、Teams 上でチャットを実施した際の相手 (共有先) の名前でフィルタリングをおこないたい
    We hope to use the "Contents Search" feature to filter the names of users that we have chatted with before on Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft 365 管理センターの "コンテンツ検索" 機能にて、Teams 上のチャットにてファイルの送信を実施した際の相手 (共有先) の名前で検索およびフィルタリングを行えるよう、機能の実装をお願いします。​
    We hope that the Microsoft 365 Administrator center "Contents Search" feature will be improved to enable users to search and filter the name of other parties (user to share with) that the users have shared files with before on Teams chat.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Share expiration days should be separate per type of share

I wanted to be able to expire a shared link with "Anyone with the link" for a certain # of days, but I did not want that expiration to apply to internal users whom I have granted permissions with via "specific people".

This would help limit the risk and force owners to review their share. External users would have to re-request access after a certain # of days if they still need it.

The better option would be to be able to expire shares per user but if this is too granular, I would settle for being able to expire…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Lock down Local OndDrive sync folder.

We are requesting that the entire local OneDrive folder be locked down to the data owner. We would like this done via Group Policy and/or through an option in the OneDrive client install. There should also be a way to enforce it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a report that shows all shared files for all users in a tenancy (User, Shared File Name, Who the file is shared with).

Our Information Governance Dept have requested a report as above so that they can keep tabs on what users are sharing from OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want a feature to view log of items deleted due to the expiration of recycle bin retention period

■Title(件名):
    ごみ箱の保管期限を過ぎて自動削除されたログを取得する機能を希望
    I want a feature to view log of items deleted due to the expiration of recycle bin retention period

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online や OneDrive for Business にて、ごみ箱の保管期限を過ぎて自動削除されたファイルを確認できる機能の追加をしてほしい。
    I hope a function that allows checking of files that were automatically deleted due to the expiration of recycle bin retention period will be implemented for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display the three numbers when using authenticator for personal vault

Have the authenticator app display three numbers when signing into personal vault like when signing into OneDrive in a browser, instead of just approving or denying the request.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Exclude folders from removal monitoring

I have couple of OneDrive folders used for sync between devices. After sync complete, I get the alert of "multiply files removed", and it can be annoying. How about to mark the folder to exclude it from file removal monitoring?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option to block spontaneous file sharing

I recently received a shared document from someone who I had never heard of, living on the other side of the world. The only point of them sending the document was to include a cover note, which appeared to be offering to help me find prostitutes or drugs via Craigslist. In effect OneDrive is functioning as a vector for spam. I would like to be able to set a flag to say that only people on an approved list can share files with me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Forget about features, first get the basics working

Forget about new features, first get the basics working. Looks like the service is severely flawed on fundamentals. Even email to support feature is not working for customers to post their problems. The dialog is just stuck in progress while posting the message.

I have many files in my One Drive that show up but do not open. I am afraid if I have lost critical data because I trusted on One Drive. Please restore all the files immediately.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unable to get a list of the information from the PowerShell commandlet if not added as the owner of My Site

■Title(件名):
    個人用サイトに管理者として追加されていないと、PowerShell コマンドレットにて情報一覧を取得できない
    Unable to get a list of the information from the PowerShell commandlet if not added as the owner of My Site

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のサイト コレクションの所有者を確認する PowerShell コマンドレットは、該当のサイト コレクションの所有者でなければ、すべてのユーザーのステータスが “False” となり、正常な結果を得ることができません。
    全体管理者であれば、サイトコレクションの所有者に登録されていなくてもテナント内のユーザーのサイト コレクションの所有者を確認できるよう、機能の拡充をお願いします。
    If a user is not the owner of given Site Collections, all user’s statuses will read as “False” when using a PowerShell commandlet to check the ownership of Site Collections in OneDrive for Busines. Please change the functionality such that global administrators can check the ownership of Site Collections by users within tenant without being registered as the Site Collection’s…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Developers. Ask the question. If you had discovered the formula of how to change lead to gold would you entrust this formula to OneDrive?

If you would not then how do you expect others to entrust their secrets? And yes, everyone has secrets.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories