OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Show onedrive standalone 100gb plan in app

When I want to upgrade my basic onedrive account, I'm being suggested only the Microsoft 365 personal/family plans and not the standalone 100gb plan. I had to go to Microsoft browser to subscribe to my desired plan - standalone 100gb.
    I find this misleading as unaware users are being directed to costlier plans without even being notified about the other cheaper plan.
    Is this part of funneling customers to the higher priced plans?
    I agree with the premium versions, you get extra productivity tools but for users like me who need only a secure storage space, this is quite misleading!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Is to le my PC see the person on remote desktop APPS? I bet if so, will you provide me with a support link

Is to le my PC see the person on remote desktop APPS? I bet if so, will you provide me with a support link

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. About the “Total accounts” and “Number of active accounts” reports

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    "アカウントの合計数" と "アクティブなアカウントの数" のレポートについて
    About the “Total accounts” and “Number of active accounts” reports

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft 365 管理センターの [レポート] - [使用状況] 内のOneDrive 項目を [さらに表示] し、"アカウント" セクションの [エクスポート] を行うと、"アカウントの合計数" と "アクティブなアカウントの数" が表示されますが、ユーザーの UPN 情報などが表示されないため、"アカウントの合計数" と "アクティブなアカウントの数" 以外の詳細情報が出力可能な機能の拡充を希望いたします。
    なお、月ごとの OneDrive の利用状況や、どこのリージョンでどこの国のユーザーが OneDrive を利用したか確認可能なレポートの作成を行いたいです。

In the Microsoft 365 admin center, under “Reports” – “Usage”, then the “Show more” under the OneDrive item, if you use the “Export” function in the “Accounts” section, both “Total accounts” and “Number of active accounts” are shown, but since no user UPN information is shown, please make it possible to export information other than…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change your widget.

Stop putting a "memory" photo on the widget automatically. I hate it and don't want it. I also don't like some coder in California decided what a memory is for me. I also don't want a widget rummaging around in my Photos. It's offensive and an assault on my privacy. I don't need to store my photos in OneDrive. I have other cloud tools to store my photos. What I want from OneDrive is a place to store the items I want to store there and access them where and where I want. I've been doing that with the app…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ransomware Protection. Only Major Public Cloud provide not to provide data encryption at rest is OneDrive

Microsoft OneDrive is the only insecure personal storage out of GoogleDrive, Dropbox not to encrypt the data at risk to prevent ransomware. Everyone should demand this. 2 Factor authentication is not enough. check any of the top 5 providers to see they all offer 2 Factor and data encryption at risk for the free tier of personal storage.

This needs to be fixed ASAP. Please upvote to protect yourself.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Disable OneDrive Completely

I need this asap please! Have the ability to disable OneDrive completely from automatically uploading at start of new pc or fresh install. From the Microsoft account page. Ability to turn on and off from pc even acknowledging that you have a OneDrive account.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Disable OneDrive Completely

I need this asap please! Have the ability to disable OneDrive completely from automatically uploading at start of new pc or fresh install. From the Microsoft account page. Ability to turn on and off from pc even acknowledging that you have a OneDrive account.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow the programatic management of OneDrive permissions

We have retention policies on OneDrive for legal reasons.
    We sync from an on-prem AD so when someone leaves and then returns after their account has been hard deleted from AzureAD,
    OneDrive retains the old object GUIDS but only displays the display name in the SharePoint GUI.
    This makes it very hard to proactively manage when you have several hundred staff/student turnover each year and no way to identify these sorts of errors and correct before it becomes a problem.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Simultaneous login and file syncs with more than 1 OneDrive accounts

I’m sure I am far from unique in that I and my family have multiple OneDrive accounts. For example a personal instance, a family instance and child instances. One of the great frustrations is the inability to see multiple locations without the greater inconvenience of logging out and back in. I also believe people would want to sync more than one account to a device (e.g. a personal instance and a family instance).

I am certain that this inability means MSFT looses accounts as it forces folks to have accounts across multiple app’s (e.g. Personal on OneDrive, family on Google…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Give SharePoint Admins only temporary Access to User's OneDrive

Theres an option in the M365 Admin Center to access a user's OneDrive (Look up the user, click "OneDrive Settings", Click "Access Files")

After using that option, the admin is added as site collection admin to the OneDrive for Business site collection of the user. The admin's new permissions don't get removed either.

This is very critical in terms of security / privacy, as admins only need that kind of access in support or any other other temporary szenarios. The admin is not entitled to have access to users personal files at any time, especially when it is not necessary.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Separation of audit logs for files shared in meetings and files shared in private chats

■Title(件名):
    会議で共有されたファイルと個人間チャットで共有されたファイルの監査ログの区別
    Separation of audit logs for files shared in meetings and files shared in private chats

■Description(内容):
    Office365 監査ログでファイル共有に関するログを検索した際、チームに紐づかない会議内で共有されたファイルと、個人間チャットで共有されたファイルを区別するための情報が含まれず、監査には不十分であるため、共有場所を特定するための情報を含めるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

If you search for logs of file sharing in the Office 365 audit logs, files shared in meeting which aren’t linked to teams, and files shared in private chats have no information to distinguish them from another, so please add information which specifies where the sharing took place.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. o365 Admins are unable to gain access to a user's OneDrive if they go over storage allotment for any reason.

This can occur due to either their license being changed, or an unforeseen issue causing their OneDrive to fill up. In any case, when this occurs, it becomes impossible to gain access to that OneDrive unless you either modify their license, or storage allotment to no longer break this feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the ability to hide recipients of shared files/folders in emails in the 'To' field

At the moment when sharing files externally external users see who else the items are shared with in the 'To' field. This is a problem when we don't want all external users knowing who we have shared stuff with. Can an option be added to display this so only the recipient is shown? I believe there is way to add users to a BCC lists using PS but with the amount of external users we send to this is not a practical solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need to block OneDrive services but allow SharePoint.

Need the ability to block access to OneDrive but allow SharePoint services.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Increase amount of paid storage and lower the price.

1 TB of storage is great, but there are times when we need a lot more (pictures, videos, etc.). We can buy additional storage up to 2 TB, but this is often not enough. I have two requests:
    1. Allow M365 subscribers to purchase more than a total of 2 TB (perhaps up to 5 TB).
    2. Reduce the price for storage so that the 5TB plan is $10/mo--e.g., 2 TB plan is $4/mo, 3 TB plan is $6/mo, 4 TB plan is $8/mo, and 5TB plan is $10/mo.

The current pricing of extra storage for OneDrive doesn't make sense.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Notifications for maintenance etc.

■Title(件名):
    メンテナンスなどの通知について
    Notifications for maintenance etc.

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business 上のファイルが読み取り専用になるなど、インパクトの大きいメンテナンスの情報について、メッセージ センター以外から通知を行うサービスを提供して欲しい。
    現在はメッセージ センターからの通知のみで、タイトルなどから重要度が判別しづらい状況です。
    営業担当者による電話連絡やメール連絡など、検討していただきたいです。

Please add a service that notifies in case of maintenance actions with wide-ranging impact, such as making files on SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business read-only etc. alongside the message center.
    Currently only the message center notifies of these things, and it is hard to tell what is and is not important from the title.
    I want it to be possible to have notifications come as a call or mail to a point of contact.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Notification of downloads

■Title(件名):
    ダウンロードが行われた際の通知について
    Notification of downloads

■Description(内容):
    現状、共有しているデータに対し、相手がダウンロードしたことを確認する方法としてアラート ポリシーにて通知設定が可能だが、"誰が" ダウンロードを行ったのかまでは通知内容で確認することはできないため、"誰が" データのダウンロードを行ったのかまで確認可能な通知機能の実装を要望します。

Currently, it is possible to use notification settings in an alert policy to check when someone who you have shared data with has downloaded it, but there is no way to check “who” downloaded it based on the content of the notification, so please make this possible.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option to automatically delete oldest versions when running out of space

Include an option to automatically delete the oldest versions of files when OneDrive runs out of space, similar to the "previous versions" feature in Windows.

Even though the total size of all of my files in OneDrive for Business is 140 GB, well under the 1 TB limit, I ran out of room because of older versions of several large files I have that change daily. I wanted to keep at least a few versions of each file so I had to go to each of the files and manually delete most of the older versions one by one, which…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Delete and download button shouldn’t be together in the menu options.

It is easy to accidentally press the delete button when you are downloading something.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Prevent users from synchronizing a library from top level

Some libraries have so many files that you should be able to forbid synchronization at the top level.

Users should at least select the first folder to synchronize.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories