OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Automatic Site/Group Joining

Need a way for admins to automatically assign SharePoint / Group Document Libraries to sync to user OneDrive Clients. These are often used to replace old "Network Shares"

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive Restore Settings, make it an option for it to be disabled by Admin

OneDrive Restore Settings, make it an option for it to be disabled by Admin. This is to avoid end users mistakenly restore their whole sites and sync to their local folders and causes document lost.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Increase the free storage

Giving only 5 GB for free on OneDrive is the worst idea. Google Drive offers 15 GB for free then why Microsoft's OneDrive doesn't? If 15 GB is not possible then give at least 10 GB of free storage! 5 GB is not sufficient for any one. Also Google Drive offers unlimited photos and videos upload on high quality, OneDrive also compromises in that part too! So sad to see how world's most richest man consume his money on his own fans & customers.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Encrypt on local hard drive

As a organization we’d like the ability to have the whole local OneDrive for Business folder encrypted, so that even if another administrator logs on, they wouldn’t be able to access the data. We can enable bitlocker for the hard drive but we cannot prevent the scenario with local admins, as they can just take ownership of the user profile folder.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add the possibility to add an AzureAD domain to the specific domain list for synchronization

We would like to see the option to add AzureAD to the specific domain list, now it's only possible to add on-premise domains, but now with Intune and only azure-ad joined machines I think it would be a nice change. We use SCCM Co-management and Intune. The computers are not on-premise joined but we would like a restriction on what machines OneDrive can be synchronized. To make it work now the only option is to disable the specific domain sync but than we would lose control on what machines the synchronization can be made.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please unite the sync status icon for File on Demand

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ファイル オンデマンドの状態アイコンについて
    Please unite the sync status icon for File on Demand

■Description(内容):
    現在 OneDrive ファイル オンデマンドでは、ローカル上で利用可能なファイルを表すチェック マークの状態アイコンが 2 種類ある。どちらのアイコンも、同期が完了している状態のアイテムを表しており、結果的に同じ状態に対して 2 種類のアイコンがある。
    同じ同期状態に複数のアイコンがあることで混乱を招く可能性があり、修正してほしい。

At One Drive File on Demand, currently there are two types of the icon with check mark to indicate the status of files as they are available on the local.

Both icons tell us that the file is sync and this means there are two kinds of icons for the one status.

Those icons might make users are confused, so please display the one icon for one status.

Thank you for your…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. download

Enhance the "Block syncing of specific file types" to stop the ODFB Sync client from downloading blocked file types FROM the tenant to the client PC.

Example:

I have blocked MP4 files via the "Block syncing of specific file types" at https://admin.onedrive.com.

I put an MP4 file into the root of my OneDrive for Business folder on my local PC to send it to my O365 tenant.

The Sync client correctly blocks this and makes me remove the MP4 file from my local PC.

-----------------------

Open https://tenant-my.sharepoint.com and upload the MP4 file via the browser to the site.

Wait…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Create a Flow trigger when an anonymous link is created

Create a trigger that could be used in approval workflows (MS Flow) whenever an anonymous link is created. Sharepoint/OneDrive severely lacks granularity in granting ability to create anonymous links; it's an all or nothing setting almost. Having a trigger that could be used in workflows would greatly help in maintaining awareness of when anonymous links were created in addition to providing the ability to build approval workflows.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. OneDrive mobile client support for Azure Information Protection (AIP) protected documents

Currently when you attempt to view an AIP protected document in the iOS mobile client (presuming its the same for Android clients), the document fails to show and OneDrive shows a message stating:

"The file can't be displayed. Make sure that you're connected to a WiFi or mobile network".

The user then has to have the Word (or other Office app) client installed on their mobile device and then click on the Word icon to access the document.

My suggestion/request is that the mobile client should be AIP label and policy aware and able to open the document preview, just…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add a reporting feature that shows files that have been accessed by a provide link including where the user came from, browser, etc.

Please add a reporting feature that shows which files have been accessed by a provided link including where the user came from, browser, etc. report should look very similar to google analytics information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow regular users to remove all previous versions of a file

I have a file that has previous versions that can be as many as thirty. How to reduce this to one?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow us to restrict sharing items when the e-mail invitation is off

■Title(件名):
    招待メールを送信しない場合の共有を制御する機能について
    Allow us to restrict sharing items when the e-mail invitation is off

■Description(内容):
    アイテム共有時、[電子メールの招待状を送信する] チェックが外れている場合に共有を行うことができないよう制御する機能の提供を希望

To improve the security and manageability for sharing, we would like to have the feature that sharing will be restricted if setting is [Send an email invitation] option is off.

Thank you for your considerations.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Something's not right The page you requested is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, please check back in a few minu

Something's not right
    The page you requested is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, please check back in a few minutes. Please Unlimited your One DRIVE download... To Other user Download

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Disable external OneDrive sharing per user

Disable external OneDrive sharing per user

When users leave our company, we want to disable external sharing on that user only. In the O365 Admin console there is an option for this. However, the setting is overwritten by the tenant settings.
    We need more granular control on external sharing

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Attached filed on the Outlook on the Web is saved at the unexpected document library on SharePoint Online

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の利用を制限しているユーザーが、Outlook on the web から添付ファイルを保存した際のデータの保存先が、意図せず SharePoint Online に保存される事象について
    Attached filed on the Outlook on the Web is saved at the unexpected document library on SharePoint Online.

■Description(内容):

OneDrive for Business の利用を禁止しているユーザーが、Outlook on the web で添付メールの、保存先のプルダウンメニューの選択肢から "OneDrive - テナント名" を選択し保存すると、SharePoint Online のルート サイトのドキュメントライブラリにデータが保存され、他のユーザーがプライベートなデータの閲覧が可能になるため改善してほしい。

Users who are not allowed utilize One Drive for Business can saved files attached on Outlook on the web with choosing “OneDrive – Tenant Name” from pulldown, and those files are saved at Document library on the SharePoint Online root site. Those saved files include private one, and they are…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow us to control using IRM feature.

■Title(件名):
    IRM 機能の使用制御について
    Allow us to control using IRM feature.

■Description(内容):
    管理者に Azure Information Protection ライセンスが付与されており、 Office 365 管理センターから "Microsoft Azure Information Protection" 機能を有効に設定した場合、テナント内のユーザー全員が IRM 機能を利用できる。
    IRM 機能を使用させたくないユーザーがいるため、特定のユーザーのみ IRM 機能の使用を禁止する機能の実装をお願いいたします。

we confirmed that all users are able to use IRM feature even though they are not allocated Azure Information Protection license, if the administrator for the tenant have the license and enable "Microsoft Azure Information Protection" featuer.

we would like you to allow administrator restricting to use IRM feature with specifying users so that we can control which users are allowed to use the feature.

Thank…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the feature to sort pages by page name to OneNote Online

■Title(件名):
    OneNote Online でページ名のソートができるようにしてほしい。

Add the feature to sort pages by page name to OneNote Online
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上の OneNote Online で、ページ名に日付を入れているが、日付順で並べ替えをすることができないため、ページ名でソートができるように機能を追加してほしい。

In OneNote Online on OneDrive for Business, I am aware that it is not possible to sort OneNote Online pages by date even though I add the date on page name.
    For improvement of usability, I hope you to add the feature that allows us to sort by page name.

Thank you for your consideration.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Users without required license are able to use IRM feature

---------------------
    ■Title(件名):

ライセンス条件を満たしていないユーザーが、IRM を使用できる件について。
    Users without required license are able to use IRM feature

■Description(内容):
    以下の公開情報から、IRM 機能を使用する場合は該当のユーザーに "Azure Information Protection" のライセンスが必要であることを確認しています。

<参考情報>
    タイトル : SharePoint Online Service Description
    アドレス : https://technet.microsoft.com/ja-jp/library/sharepoint-online-service-description.aspx

---- 以下、抜粋 ----
    Azure Information Protection を使用した IRM
    Office 365 Enterprise E1
    No
    ---- 抜粋、以上 ----

---- 以下、抜粋 ----
    3 Azure Information Protection は付属していませんが、アドオンとして別途購入して、サポートされている Information Rights Management (IRM) 機能を有効にすることができます。一部の Azure Information Protection 機能では、Office 365 ProPlus のサブスクリプションが必要です。そのサブスクリプションは、Office 365 Business Essentials、Office 365 Business Premium、Office 365 Enterprise E1、Office 365 Education、Office 365 Enterprise F1 には含まれていません。
    ---- 抜粋、以上 ----

しかしながら、テナント内の管理者が "Azure Information Protection" を所持しており、 "Azure Rights Management " 機能を有効にしている場合、 ユーザーが…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Improve alert policies with URLs for OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):

OneDrive for Business の通知ポリシーについて
    Improve alert policies with URLs for OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    セキュリティ/コンプライアンス センターの通知ポリシーについて、OneDrive for Business の URL を指定してポリシーを作成しても、通知がされないため、改善を希望。
    もしくは、ユーザーが SharePoint Online の共有をした際には通知がされず、OneDrive for Business の共有を実施した際のみ通知がされる機能の提供を希望。

We are not able to receive alerts for OneDrive for Business when we set the alert policies with specifying URLs in the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center. So please fix the behavior of alert policies for One Drive for Business.

If it is difficult to fix it, I hope that we have the alert policies to notify us only when users shared items or site at…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Granting an app OneDrive permission should only grant access to a specific folder. Not everything

When installing apps that uses OneDrive (I my case apps on Android) you grant them a very broad permission to access ALL AND EVERYTHING stored on my OneDrive.

I my specific case, I wanted to try out apps that can stream the music from OneDrive I have stored on OneDrive. mp3 etc.

You can only grant permissions to all and everything stored on OneDrive and not just that one folder where my music is. This behavior prevents me for using any non-Microsoft app that wants to connect to my OneDrive.

I store personal sensitive stuff on OneDrive and I don't…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base