OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Multiple PC's using same One Drive

When one drive is mapped to multiple PC's (this is the need of using cloud drive) when there are changes made on one PC and when accessing from another PC, One drive is unable to sync the changes and says there is a file or folder by the same name and stops sync - The error message says rename the folder - instead this can be automated with renaming the folder with PC name and the user can choose which to retain. Today the basic use of one drive is not usable due to the conflict error message which then…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transfer data from personal onedrive to business

I need to transfer my data from my personal onedrive account to my new O365 for business account. I have 83Gb of data and another user to go. The only way I can find to do this is download the data from personal to hardrive and then upload to business. This is time consuming and waste of data allowance and killing my bandwith. Why is there not a back-of-house method to do this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Prevent Download - Shared files - eg: .m4a files

The option to prevent download of shared files only works on a select few file formats. If i upload an m4a file to onedrive and set it so no one can download it, users are still able to download the file.

Google Drive have got it right - files that cannot be played in the browser cannot be downloaded to the user's device.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Folder and File share access - restrict via IP Address

We would like to assign share access to Folders and Files to specific users that are connecting from specific IP addresses. This can already be done as a whole within sharepoint but this prevents access to other areas of the system.

We have confidential information that we would like staff to view that can be viewed only from the Company's external IP Address.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Need extend size limitation for encrypted 22gb container of sensitive files. Off-site weekly backup.

Need extend size limitation for encrypted 22gb container of sensitive files. Off-site weekly backup required. Maximum file size limitation should be at least 50gb, no less.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add option to compress online video files

It should be option to compress huge raw video files using One Drive cloud.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Global Administrator Audit

The Ability to Audit Global Administrators when accessing users OneDrives via the "Get Access to Files" Option.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. sharing restrictions for groups

Be able to restrict groups from sharing their files with others, so they can create files and share with one group, but no one else in or outside the organization

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Let us enable versioning for a folder and file as well

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    バージョン管理機能の範囲について。
    Let us enable versioning for a folder and file as well

■Description(内容):
    バージョン管理機能を使用する場合、SharePoint Online では "リスト" "ライブラリ" 単位で設定が可能。
    また、OneDrive for Business では "ライブラリ" 単位で設定が可能ですが、"フォルダー" および "ファイル" 単位でも細かく設定ができるよう、機能の実装をお願いします。

I would like to configure versioning not only for a library, but also for a folder and file at both SharePoint and OneDrive for Business.

Thank you for your consideration.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. View/Report on files with multiple versions

It's important for us to know if there are multiple versions of files so that we can manage them correctly. Currently you have to inspect each file to see if there are additional versions kept. To be able to filter on these on have a column displaying this information would be a good start

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Office 365 business users to assign part of the 1 TB business Onedrive to their private Onedrive account.

I have 2 onedrive accounts: a business onedrive account and a private one. It should be possible to use part of my business 1 TB for my private account (I need about 100 GB private).

Because my PC has Office 365 already from my work subscription then Microsoft forces me to move my private cloud data to Google. I won't buy Office 365 a second time for my computer and no option to get or buy 100 GB for my privat outlook account.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sync control on root level for OneDrive for Home usage

As a home user, I store copies of important documents in the cloud, so I have them still available in case of e.g. fire. However I don't want those documents to be synced with every device I am using.

My question is: Can a configuration be added to the root level folders of each account, where using the web-interface I can configure for each root folder whether the folder is allowed to be synced to a device or not. I would like to have this configuration in one place only (on the web interface), and not configure this on each…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Saving in OneDrive phone app should be accessible in OneDrive on my laptop. Why doesn't it share between both platforms?

When I save something in OneDrive on my phone, why can't I find or access the same document in OneDrive on my computer? I thought that was the point.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. foreign hackers!

get off your hands people and start doing something about these **** two cent hackers that got nothing better to do!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. known folder move manage in admin centre

add ability to turn on KFM for users from the admin centre or by policy as opposed to having to use group policy - allow to push KFM for non domain joined PC's

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. recover files after freezing account

Dear team Microsoft,

i just lost my account and the whole files in it because it's getting freezed first. i am so dissapoint because the files cannot be recover again even after i buy 360 or another product.
    Some files is very important and it is okay if i have to pay "a product" or doing something to recover the files. Doesnt give any chance for your costumer to recover their files is very harmful.

thanks,

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mi sugerencia es que el soporte de onedrive sea mucho mas efectivo y facil de acceder no tengo ni idea de como ni porque tengo onedrive

Porque y quien decidio que yo queria onedrive y si lo he de tener me gustaria tenerlo ajustado por mi , necesitamos un soporte de calidad en nuestro idioma, y poder decidir todo lo que ocurre con nuestros archivos, fotos etc. No entiendo un monton de cosas sobre como funciona y si es de utilidad ,deberian dar soporte a nivel basico con todos los detalles de que pasara si decido cogerlo con mis archivos ahi deposotados. Ahora mismo he tenido un problema en mi portatil debido a mi ignorancia. Al borrar carpetas de onedrive han dejado de verse en mi…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Security, Policy & Administration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base